Deadliest Marine Corps Sniper Charles Benjamin Mawhinney Dies At Age 75

Leroy N. Soetoro

Feb 18, 2024, 8:05:43 PMFeb 18
https://dailycaller.com/2024/02/16/marine-corps-deadliest-sniper-charles-
chuck-benjamin-mawhinney/

Charles Benjamin “Chuck” Mawhinney, the deadliest sniper ever for the
Marine Corps, died Monday at the age of 75, according to multiple reports.

Mawhinney had 103 confirmed kills during his deployment to Vietnam, making
him both the deadliest sniper for the Marine Corps as well as the
deadliest sniper of the Vietnam War, according to Military.com.

Mawhinney grew up in Oregon and began hunting rabbits and deer. But
Mawhinney’s troubled youth led him to some issues, until the Marine Corps
gave him a way out, according to Military.com. Mawhinney deployed to
Vietnam for a 16-month tour between 1967-1969 but never spoke of his
record-setting kills. It wasn’t until fellow veteran Joseph T. Ward, who
was a spotter, wrote in his 1991 book, “Dear Mom: A Sniper’s Vietnam,”
that Mawhinney’s 103 kills were brought to light.

Post
See new posts
Conversation
Jack Carr
@JackCarrUSA
A legend has passed

Charles Benjamin "Chuck" Mawhinney

USMC Scout Sniper

Vietnam

Valentine’s Day 1969

M40 sniper rifle / Redfield 3x9x40 scope

“I’m just a simple person and in Vietnam I was just doing my job.”
– Chuck Mawhinney

Chuck’s M40 is on display at the National Museum of the Marine Corps

For more on Chuck’s life, read THE SNIPER: THE UNTOLD STORY OF THE MARINE
CORPS' GREATEST MARKSMAN OF ALL TIME by Jim Lindsay with a forward by
Chuck Mawhinney

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GGQYz8aaQAAXULj?format=jpg&name=small

A fellow author checked Marine Corps archives to confirm Mawhinney’s total
number of kills, and 103 was correct, Military.com reported.

Mawhinney left the service in 1970 and began working for the U.S. Forest
Service.

During a 1996 interview with Bay City Herald, Mawhinney talked about the
heroic work of his fellow veterans.

“It’s an opportunity for me to get some recognition for a lot of the
Vietnam vets that didn’t receive any recognition,” Mawhinney told the
outlet. “We were all there together. If I have to take recognition for it,
that’s OK, because every time I talk to someone, I can talk about the
vets. It gives me an opportunity to talk about what a great job they did.”

Mawhinney later worked on a book with his friend Jim Lindsay, which was
published in March of 2023, “The Sniper: The Untold Story of the Marine
Corps’ Greatest Marksman of All Time.”

Mawhinney leaves behind a wife and three children, according to
Military.com.

--
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so that
stupid people won't be offended.

Durham Report: The FBI has an integrity problem. It has none.

fiasco, President Trump.

queer liberal democrat donors.