50 years ago today POTUS Nixon addressed the nation.

a425couple

Jan 23, 2024, 5:54:28 PMJan 23
Richard M. Nixon

January 23, 1973

Source National Archives
President Nixon announces to the nation and the world that the United
States and the Democratic Republic of Vietnam have come to an agreement
to end the war in Vietnam. He describes his desire not to settle for
just any peace, but one which is sustainable and amenable to the parties
involved. The President commends the efforts of the South Vietnamese
people and the sacrifices of the American military, and he asks the
American people to honor their efforts by supporting lasting peace in
the region.

Two days later, (my work there being done!) I flew back from
Far East Asia to the United States / CONUS.

It was an interesting and challenging time and I was glad to
do my duty as I saw it, but also very glad for it to be done.

a425couple

Jan 23, 2024, 6:02:55 PMJan 23
On 1/23/24 14:54, a425couple wrote:
> Richard M. Nixon