Tinnitus, eyelid twitching and TMJ

Richard Urwin

Dec 27, 2002, 6:37:19 AM12/27/02
I've recently got tinnitus in my ears in the form of really
high-pitched ringing noise. About the same time, my left eyelid
started twitching really badly. I thought it was just eye strain at
the time (because I work a lot with computers) however it didn't go
away. I went to the doctor, and they've prescribed me the three eye
medicines they have, but with no effect (so I'm about to be referred
to the eye clinic).

Unrelatedly (or so I thought) I was reading an article on tinnitus
just now and read that it could be caused by problems with the TMJ
(the noise changes if I move my lower jaw around). I had a brace when
I was younger and since then, both of my TMJs have been really bad -
clicking, locking, grinding, etc. I was then amazed to read on and
discover that the eye-twitching could be related. The left jaw is
worse than the right and this is the side on which the eye twitching
is happening.

I've only just discovered that the three things could be related - can
anybody else tell me if they've had all three things (TMJ
problems/high-pitched ringing/eyelid twitching) and what they did
about it?

Any advice would be much appreciated - please can you email me?

P.S. sorry about the cross-posting, but I'm having a nightmare.

Cheers,
Rich

Chet

Dec 28, 2002, 12:47:05 AM12/28/02
In article <147bb179.02122...@posting.google.com>,
webs...@urbanperspective.net says...
Rich,

I've had a twitch under my right eye for the last three days, during that
time I've experienced T in both ears for about the same amount of time.
This is the first time I've noticed it, but I've never looked before
this.

Sometimes directing a pulsating shower nozzle of warm water on the
offending ear and thinking relaxing thoughts helps stop the T. I tried
that this morning and it didn't work, I tried it again about an hour ago
and it did work. Now, at least, I'll get a good night's sleep.

Chet

Joel M. Eichen

Dec 28, 2002, 5:20:31 AM12/28/02
Hey Chet,

Sorry. I am puzzled by this. I will try to think of something.

Joel M. Eichen DDS

Adams-Blake Co.

Dec 28, 2002, 12:57:42 PM12/28/02
Richard Urwin wrote:

This will sound nuts, but a few years ago I had a case of eyelid twitching.
My eye doctor told me to drink a couple of bottles of tonic water a day for a
week and see if that helped. It did. Whenever it has come back (not often) I
open a bottle of Schwepps and drink it (without the gin!). I'm told that
tonic water has traces of quinine (when I was a boy it used to be called
"qunine water") and that this is actually some kind of a "drug."

Drink a few bottles and see if it helps you. Can't hurt.

Al

Dr. Steve

Dec 30, 2002, 11:45:44 AM12/30/02
It could be related to muscle spasm. Specifically,,,,, muscles which work
your TMJ.

No way to be specific over the internet. See if your regular dentist will
make an NTI appliance for you. This appliance would stop the muscle spasm.
A standard "Horseshoe" shaped appliance *may* not stop the muscle activity.

--
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Stephen Mancuso, D.D.S.
drs...@home.msen.com
Troy, Michigan USA
+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+
This posting is intended for informational or conversational purposes only.
Always seek the opinion of a licensed dental professional before acting on
the advice or opinion expressed here. Only a dentist who has examined you
in person can diagnose your problems and make decisions which will effect
your health.
As a qualified and licensed dentist, I can assure you that Jan Drew's advice
and links can be safely ignored. She is retired daycare center owner with a
personal, ill-founded agenda. None of the qualified and licensed dentists
who frequent this group endorse her advice and the websites she provides
links to.

Sorry Joel, I could not take the volume of postings any longer. If you need
me to see what you post here to SMD, please cc: me in private email.

~~~~~~~~~`````````````########
"Richard Urwin" <webs...@urbanperspective.net> wrote in message

Keith P Walsh

Dec 31, 2002, 6:31:58 AM12/31/02
Richard Urwin wrote :

> Cheers,
> Rich

Rich,

Many dentists suggest that symptoms similar to those described by yourself
may be related to or even caused by the presence of mercury amalgam dental
fillings in people's teeth.

For example see: http://www.mercuryfree.co.uk/symptomspage.htm

I am therefore surprised that none of your other respondents has bothered
to ask if you have amalgam fillings in your own teeth.

If you do then you might wish to learn that mercury amalgam dental fillings
are electric batteries capable of generating electrical potentials with
magnitudes of up to 350 millivolts.

This is something which has been demonstrated experimentally, and the
abstract of the report which describes the experimental work carried out
can be found at:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/htbin-post/Entrez/query?
db=m&form=6&uid=2231160&Dopt=r

It appears that experimental investigations to determine the degree to
which the electrical potentials generated by amalgam dental fillings are
able to dissipate electrical energy through the nerves in people's heads
have NEVER BEEN CARRIED OUT.

However, if such investigations were to show that mercury amalgam dental
fillings constantly dissipate unnatural levels of electrical energy through
the nerves in the head then this might offer a definitive, rational and
scientific explanation for your complaints.

(On the other hand if you do not have any amalgam fillings in your teeth
then it might reasonably be assumed that the cause of your symptoms is
something else.)

Some opinions and enquiries concerning the electrical properties of dental
amalgams, including their possible connection with tinnitus, can be found
at:

http://book.boot.users.btopenworld.com/intro.htm

I would wish that your symptoms suddenly disappear.

Keith P Walsh

--
Article posté via l'accès Usenet http://www.mes-news.com
Accès par Nnrp ou Web

Joel M. Eichen

Dec 31, 2002, 6:51:44 AM12/31/02
This is funny Keith. Thanks for spamming it out to a thousand newgroups.
Here is the "scientific information" to which you referred.

Please enclose a cheque for £25 (UK)

LOL!

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Please print out this page, fill out your answers, and send the questionnaire to Dr Levenson's at:

Brompton Dental and Health Clinic, Old Brompton Road,
London. SW5 0EA

Please enclose a cheque for £25 (UK) and £40 (overseas)
to cover the cost of a telephone interview once Dr Levenson has analysed your answers.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
You may wish to telephone Dr Levenson's clinic,
in which case the number is +44 (0) 20 7370 0055 Home: +44 (0) 20 7736 4145,
or use the e-mail form to receive a slower interview via e-mail.
Please UNDERLINE for MODERATE or CIRCLE for SEVERE
any of the following symptoms that could be relevant to your treatment
or that you may suffer from regularly,
and use the ACCOMPANYING CHARTS to INDICATE where

Joel M. Eichen DDS

***********************

Joel M. Eichen

Dec 31, 2002, 6:52:37 AM12/31/02

> Rich,
>
> Many dentists suggest that symptoms similar to those described by yourself
> may be related to or even caused by the presence of mercury amalgam dental
> fillings in people's teeth.
>
> For example see: http://www.mercuryfree.co.uk/symptomspage.htm
>
> I am therefore surprised that none of your other respondents has bothered
> to ask if you have amalgam fillings in your own teeth.

REPLY:

Nonsense Keith, nonsense!

Joel M. Eichen DDS

Joel M. Eichen

Dec 31, 2002, 6:53:52 AM12/31/02
LEVENSON on root canals:

How Many amalgam filings do you have? ...........
How many root filled teeth do you have ? ...........

I hereby consent to be advised by Mr. J.G. Levenson and agree that any treatment I undertake will be at my sole risk, and Mr.
J.G.Levenson shall be under no liability to me whatsoever in any circumstances.

Signed: --------------------------

Date : -------------------------

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Joel M. Eichen

Dec 31, 2002, 6:56:29 AM12/31/02
LEVENSON ON ROOT CANAL!

He DOES root canal!

YES!

Joel M. Eichen DDS

Our Treatment for Root Canal Fillings

We do root fill teeth at our clinic but however we also have clinical results with patients that show that root canal work may cause
far reaching effects beyond the mouth. Only after thorough medical investigation by the patient's medical practitioner and/or
consultant, will we consider extraction, and then only after dental investigation and discussion with the patient.

Root Filled Teeth

Back in the 1920s, Dr. Weston-Price, head of scientific research for the American Dental Association, investigated the accepted
professional consensus (a consensus which still holds today), that root filled teeth were sterile. We found that, despite x-ray
'confirmation' and resolution of any abscess signs or symptoms, root filled teeth actually remained sterile for only 2 days after
which, although continuing to be symptom free, they were no longer sterile but were dependent on a healthy immune system to
'contain' the residual low-grade infection thus giving the 'appearance' of sterility (i.e. no symptoms).

Dr Price demonstrated that part of the problem lay with the fact that branching out from, and connected to, the central channel
(Root Canal) in the centre of the tooth root, is a network of tiny tubules (channels). When the tooth is alive, a supply of blood
vessels and nerves come up through the Root Canal and supplies nourishment.

When the nerve dies, the root canal becomes invaded by bacteria which, if they 'escape' through the tip of the root will infect the
area around it causing an abscess to form. However, these bacteria will also find their way into the surrounding tubule network.
Although any subsequent treatment provided to remove or clean out and seal the nerve canal will resolve the gross infection around
the tip, it will not kill off the bacteria within the tubules. These 'residual' bacteria mutate within the tubules and, although
'sealed in' by the central channel filling on one side and a cement layer (attachment zone on the root surface for the fibrous
ligament which suspends the tooth in the jaw bone) on the other, they still produce a toxic waste that can seep out of the tooth
into the surrounding bone and transported by the bone's blood supply to other parts of the body.

Dr Price demonstrated that this toxin can cause damage to other organs in the body - especially, if there is either a genetic
weakness or the immune system has been compromised from other sources. He also demonstrated that the sealant in the central channel
shrinks after a period of time thus creating a further void within this channel which can becoming, once again, a 'breeding' ground
for bacterial activity.

Although by all 'clinical' standards (lack of symptoms, apparent resolution on x-ray of an abscess area at the tip of the tooth)
root sealing of a tooth may be considered successful, the reality is that this tooth will always remain as a 'foreign object' within
the mouth capable of introducing low-grade bacterial or toxic infection (Focal Infection) into the blood stream and thus to other
parts of the body (other organs).

While the immune system is healthy, it can quite easily 'cope' with this infection but, when compromised (weakened by something as
simple as a very bad bout of 'flu'), its capability to 'cope' with this localised infection may be reduced with resultant secondary
symptoms showing up in other organs, especially when any of these have a genetic weakness.

Originally published December 1997, International Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine Written by Robert Hempleman.

Focal Infection

The German Medical Association for Focal and Regulatory Research defines focal infection as follows: 'A focus is a pathological
local change in soft connective tissue producing material which cannot be broken down so that the local and general systems of
resistance are in permanent active reaction against it. As the local resistance barriers start breaking down, due to endogenous or
exogenous factors, the focus begins to exert an influence on remote parts of the organism, thus triggering a general focal
infection, which is always of a chronic character.'

Root-filled teeth

A root-filled tooth is a tooth that has had its nerve and blood supply removed. This may be due either to infection or for other
reasons decided by the dentist. The space left following the removal can be filled with a variety of products.
Originally soft silver points were used but they have fallen from use due to their tendency to corrode. Gutta percha (GP) is now the
mere common alternative. In order to get a 'good fit' it is usually used in conjunction with a paste. Until recently most GP
contained cadmium and some pastes contained a whole cocktail of ingredients designed to prevent infection reoccurring.
Research shows however that the current procedure may be far from ideal. Tubules come from the main nerve of the tooth and run to
the root surface (a cross-section of root surface reveals an amazing 30,000 to 75,000 tubules per square millimetre [1].
Each tubule contains free sensory nerve endings which equates to about 120 terminal nerve filaments per square millimetre. This is
extremely dense when one considers the cornea has only four fibres per square millimetre.
When the nerve is removed or dies the tubules can harbour anaerobic bacteria whose toxins may leak out into the body causing an
effect at a point in the body distant from the point of infection.
Hata has recently demonstrated with whole body radiograms using C- labelled formaldehyde as a marker he followed its transfer from
the dental nerve chamber to virtually every major organ of the body [2]. (In our own practice we have recently seen several cases of
infection at the point of the lower first molar causing shoulder and neck stiffness and restriction of function.)
Discussion of the relationship between root-filled teeth and jaw infections is not new but dates back to the early 1920's. Dr
Weston-Price [3] in the USA and Stanley Colyver and Reginald Curnock [4] in the UK published their research findings and deduced
that, 'in any patient exhibiting symptoms suggestive of toxaemic or infective origin, the possibilities of problems in the mouth
should never be overloaded even although it shows no clinical evidence of infection'.

NICOs

Neuralgia Inducing Cavitational Osteonecrosis lesions (NICOs) have also been given various other names such as 'Ratner bone
cavities' and ' jawbone cavities' since the problem was first noted in the 1920s - with no one name really fitting every case.. In
general they are lesions from bacterial infected bone cavities that are increasing being linked to ideopathic trigeminal neuralgia
(pain in the bone).

The lesions start after a tooth is either extracted or root-filled. In most cases immune system response from the surrounding bone
marrow eliminates the infection and the nerve stump eventually heals (usually combined with antibiotic therapy). However in some
cases the bacteria survive and may develop a chronic inflammatory situation impending nerve stump healing and the start of a NICO
lesion as the area gradually becomes cut off from the surrounding bone. At this point it is difficult for antibiotics to reach the
infection [5]. Gas produced by the bacteria can add to this cavity formation. Toxins produced by the bacteria may then irritate the
nerve stumps causing facial neuralgia. If one reconsiders the work of Hata then potentially this 'local' infection may have far
greater significance throughout the body - reinforcing the idea of focal infection.

Diagnosis

For ease of diagnosis I am concluding in this article that root-canal filled teeth and non-vital (dead teeth) are one in the same
and that if a possible NICO lesion is suspected the following diagnostic aids can be used:

A thorough dental history must be taken along with all relevant medical details. Any extractions and infections should be
practically noted.
X-rays should be up to date. Any sign of incomplete healing at the site of an old extraction or infected tissue should be noted.
Neural therapy may be tried. (A small amount of local anaesthetic, without vasoconstrictor, is placed next to the suspect site. This
treatment can also relieve symptoms in other parts of the body such as headaches, limb weakness and so on, with relief often lasting
for up to 48 hours.
By getting the patient to place a finger on the suspected site kinesiology can often aid the diagnosis.
Electro acupuncture machines are increasingly being used as an aid to diagnosis and, in the case of the more modern computerised
models providing guidelines for supportive botanical, detoxification and drainage remedies.
Treatment

Currently there are a number of slightly different protocols being advocated to deal with non-vital teeth or NICO's. However, all
agree that surgical intervention is necessary.

The following are the methods we currently use in our own practice: Rootcanal filled or non-vital teeth Depending on the position of
the tooth a gingival (gum) flap is raised and the tooth extracted. The bony socket is then burred to remove about 1mm of bone. We do
this to preclude any possibility of leaving bacteria behind and to stimulate new bone formation. The debris is of course removed.

NICO lesions

A gingival flap is raised (often there can already be a hole in the jawbone) and all soft infected or suspect bone removed until
only hard bone is left. Gauze soaked in betadine (antiseptic) and hydrogen peroxide is placed in the wound site for five minutes.
After the gauze is removed the site is closed with sutures. We often inject Traumeel (a homeopathic wound remedy) into the area
afterwards.

Prior to treating rootcanals and NICO lesions we try to optimise the patients health with vitamin and mineral backup combined with
homeopathic lymphatic drainage remedies.

Summary

We have all met with patients with facial pain, some of whom become almost suicidal, especially when more conventional diagnostic
tests, (such as MRI and CAT scans) do not pick it up.

The increasing recognition of the possible health problems that root canal filled teeth and NICO lesions can cause, not only at the
local area of the problem but in other parts of the body, shows the need for an understanding of the causes and available diagnostic
tools and treatments by practitioners of all disciplines.

[1] Samulson MH and Sieraski SM, 'Diseases of the Dental Histopathology and Pulp', ed. Franklin S Weine, Endodontic Therapy, (1989)
68. Back
[2] Hata G, Nishikawa I, Kawazoe S, and Toda T, 'Systemic Distributuion of C- Labeled Formaldehyde Applied in the Root Canal
Following Pulpectomy', J. of Endo, 15, no 11 (1989) 539-543. Back
[3] Dr Weston-Price, 'Dental Infections, Oral and Systemic', Penton Pub Co. Back
[4] Colyver S, Curnock R, 'Chronic Pain of the Jaws and General Diseases'. Lancet, 1922, 1:175. Back
[5] Hankey, GT, Osteomyelitis (Necrosis) of the Jaws - its Pathology and Treatment', Brit.Dent.J., 65 (1938) 552-553. Back

Back to the top!

&&&&&&&&&&&&

Toni

Dec 31, 2002, 7:42:08 AM12/31/02
> We do root fill teeth at our clinic but however

but, however?

"Joel M. Eichen" <joele...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Joel M. Eichen

Dec 31, 2002, 7:41:49 AM12/31/02

Toni <to...@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message news:AggQ9.32541$j8.8...@twister.tampabay.rr.com...

> > We do root fill teeth at our clinic but however
>
> but, however?

But however, if you got the dough
and you need the fixed bridge we
do the root canal because without it
you get the cheapie dentures!

Joel M. Eichen

Dec 31, 2002, 7:47:35 AM12/31/02

Keith P Walsh <keith....@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:mW.H7z...@mes-news.com...
> Joel M. Eichen wrote :

> > This is funny Keith. Thanks for spamming it out to a thousand newgroups.
> > Here is the "scientific information" to which you referred.
>
> > Please enclose a cheque for £25 (UK)
>

> Are you trying to distract attention from the fact that mercury amalgam
> dental fillings are electric batteries by insinuating that Dr Levenson's
> practice is fraudulent?

#######

No I am saying that legitimate dentists
earn money by fixing people's teeth
and not by requesting money over
the internet. Now tell me more about
the fraudulent practices ...........

Joel M. Eichen DDS

########

> It appears that the authorities in the UK, including the British Dental
> Association, are powerless to discredit Dr Levenson's practices
> scientifically.
>
> Shall I tell you why that is?
>
> It's because mercury amalgam dental fillings are electric batteries, that's
> why.

Okay, I am disconnecting Philadelphia Electric Company in the morning .....

> The real tragedy is that if anyone were to suffer any neurological injury
> as a result of the electrical behavior of amalgam fillings then it is
> unlikely that the removal of the fillings would result in the repair of the
> neurological damage caused.

Keith, these are fillings, mind you ........ not some bizarro Dr. Frankenstein experiment ....

> And this might then lead people who are unable to think properly into
> believing that it had been proved that the fillings could not have been the
> cause of the damage when they were still in.
>
> A sample of Dr Levenson's measurements of the electrical potentials
> generated by amalgam fillings can be found at:
>
> http://book.boot.users.btopenworld.com/potentials.htm
>
> These readings appear consistent with the measurements reported at:
>
> http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/htbin-post/Entrez/query?
> db=m&form=6&uid=2231160&Dopt=r
>
> Of course, if Richard Urwin has never had any amalgam fillings in his teeth
> then we would then be forced to conclude that the cause of his symptoms
> must be something else.
>
> I would again wish him an end to his discomfort.

Keith P Walsh

Dec 31, 2002, 7:51:47 AM12/31/02
Joel M. Eichen wrote :

> This is funny Keith. Thanks for spamming it out to a thousand newgroups.
> Here is the "scientific information" to which you referred.

> Please enclose a cheque for £25 (UK)

Are you trying to distract attention from the fact that mercury amalgam

dental fillings are electric batteries by insinuating that Dr Levenson's
practice is fraudulent?

It appears that the authorities in the UK, including the British Dental

Association, are powerless to discredit Dr Levenson's practices
scientifically.

Shall I tell you why that is?

It's because mercury amalgam dental fillings are electric batteries, that's
why.

The real tragedy is that if anyone were to suffer any neurological injury
as a result of the electrical behavior of amalgam fillings then it is
unlikely that the removal of the fillings would result in the repair of the
neurological damage caused.

And this might then lead people who are unable to think properly into

believing that it had been proved that the fillings could not have been the
cause of the damage when they were still in.

A sample of Dr Levenson's measurements of the electrical potentials

generated by amalgam fillings can be found at:

http://book.boot.users.btopenworld.com/potentials.htm

These readings appear consistent with the measurements reported at:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/htbin-post/Entrez/query?
db=m&form=6&uid=2231160&Dopt=r

Of course, if Richard Urwin has never had any amalgam fillings in his teeth
then we would then be forced to conclude that the cause of his symptoms
must be something else.

I would again wish him an end to his discomfort.

Keith P Walsh

Keith P Walsh

Dec 31, 2002, 8:36:05 AM12/31/02
Joel M. Eichen wrote :

> No I am saying that legitimate dentists
> earn money by fixing people's teeth
> and not by requesting money over
> the internet. Now tell me more about
> the fraudulent practices ...........

I'll tell you one thing "Doctor".

If dentists were required by law (as they ought to be) to inform their
patients that amalgam fillings generate electrical potentials of up to 350
millivolts before having them placed in their teeth then they might not get
quite so many takers.

It's all about being honest.

This thread was started by Richard Urwin in an attempt to get help with
what appear to be neurological problems.

And as I have already indicated, if these problems were the result of
injuries caused by the electrical behavior of amalgam dental fillings then
it would be unlikely that the damage done could be repaired simply by
having the fillings removed.

Joel M. Eichen

Dec 31, 2002, 8:44:43 AM12/31/02

Keith P Walsh <keith....@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:mW.H7z...@mes-news.com...
> Joel M. Eichen wrote :
>

> > No I am saying that legitimate dentists
> > earn money by fixing people's teeth
> > and not by requesting money over
> > the internet. Now tell me more about
> > the fraudulent practices ...........
>

> I'll tell you one thing "Doctor".
>
> If dentists were required by law (as they ought to be) to inform their
> patients that amalgam fillings generate electrical potentials of up to 350
> millivolts before having them placed in their teeth then they might not get
> quite so many takers.
>
> It's all about being honest.

REPLY:

Nope. Completely bogus!

All nerves have electrochemical potential. This is how we transmit sensations and activate muscles. If there is some electrical
current going on between fillings (there may be) who really cares?

No one.

No disease, no deleterious effects ......... I suppose someone should tell the electric eel that he may be harming himself or
something. Heck! Sign it into law!

Basically these are rabble rousers who want the world to be without ANY teeth at all.

Joel M. Eichen DDS

> This thread was started by Richard Urwin in an attempt to get help with
> what appear to be neurological problems.

REPLY:

I get it. Forget the neurologists and turn to pseudoscience! How about Kirilian auras? Any of those around?

You forgot Feng Shui.

> And as I have already indicated, if these problems were the result of
> injuries caused by the electrical behavior of amalgam dental fillings then
> it would be unlikely that the damage done could be repaired simply by
> having the fillings removed.

Better tell Jan Drew that!

Andrew Gabriel

Dec 31, 2002, 11:27:17 AM12/31/02
In article <mW.H7z...@mes-news.com>,

Keith P Walsh <keith....@btinternet.com> writes:

> This is something which has been demonstrated experimentally, and the
> abstract of the report which describes the experimental work carried out
> can be found at:
>
> http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/htbin-post/Entrez/query?db=m&form=6&uid=2231160&Dopt=r

Filling would need to be in contact with a different metal for any
current flow. An example is where you chew on a piece of aluminium
foil which was stuck to some food and it gets pushed onto a
filling. Another example would be where someone touches the filling
with something metalic in order to measure the voltage on it
relative to your body - that will create a voltage due to dissimilar
metals in contact and differing electropotentials of the metals.
A third possibility could be if the amalgam wasn't mixed so it is
still two metals (don't know if that ever happens in dentistry),
but current flow would be limited to the filling and the area
immediately in contact with it (and I would be more concerned about
the free mercury that any current flow).

Otherwise, there can't be any current flow.

--
Andrew Gabriel

Joel M. Eichen

Dec 31, 2002, 11:58:46 AM12/31/02

Andrew Gabriel <and...@cucumber.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:ausgh5$bea$1...@new-usenet.uk.sun.com...

> In article <mW.H7z...@mes-news.com>,
> Keith P Walsh <keith....@btinternet.com> writes:
> >
> > This is something which has been demonstrated experimentally, and the
> > abstract of the report which describes the experimental work carried out
> > can be found at:
> >
> > http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/htbin-post/Entrez/query?db=m&form=6&uid=2231160&Dopt=r
>
> Filling would need to be in contact with a different metal for any
> current flow. An example is where you chew on a piece of aluminium
> foil which was stuck to some food and it gets pushed onto a
> filling.

I try to avoid that ......

>Another example would be where someone touches the filling
> with something metalic in order to measure the voltage on it
> relative to your body - that will create a voltage due to dissimilar
> metals in contact and differing electropotentials of the metals.

You mean the testing can cause mercury disease?????

> A third possibility could be if the amalgam wasn't mixed so it is
> still two metals (don't know if that ever happens in dentistry),

HAH! It is always two or more metals ,,,, the definition of an amalgamation ,,,, it is not a chemical compound!

> but current flow would be limited to the filling and the area
> immediately in contact with it (and I would be more concerned about
> the free mercury that any current flow).

Yup,,,,,,,,, it sometimes flows over the sides of the filling cavity ,,, well sloshes over,,,, I recommend sleeping upright and no
jogging,,,,, or you will have to come back for frequent visits to "top it off."

Joel M. Eichen DDS

terr...@knowspam.com

Dec 31, 2002, 1:47:22 PM12/31/02
On 31 Dec 2002 16:27:17 GMT, and...@cucumber.demon.co.uk (Andrew
Gabriel) wrote:

Just curious...what if you are eating something that contains metallic
elements (copper, zinc, calcium, etc.) and don't many liquids have
varying degrees of electrical conductivity?

Terri

Dr. Steve

Dec 31, 2002, 1:53:25 PM12/31/02
No spark without a gap.

--
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Stephen Mancuso, D.D.S.
[...]

Keith P Walsh

Jan 1, 2003, 7:24:34 AM1/1/03
Joel M. Eichen wrote :

>All nerves have electrochemical potential. This is how we transmit
>sensations and activate muscles.

It is not the natural function of the human nervous system to be
permanently dissipating electrical energy from electric batteries placed in
teeth.

Information regarding the electrical behavior of mixtures of metals can be
found at:

http://book.boot.users.btopenworld.com/intro.htm

Joel M. Eichen

Jan 1, 2003, 8:16:07 AM1/1/03

Keith P Walsh <keith....@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:mW.H81...@mes-news.com...

> Joel M. Eichen wrote :
>

> >All nerves have electrochemical potential. This is how we transmit
> >sensations and activate muscles.
>

> It is not the natural function of the human nervous system to be
> permanently dissipating electrical energy from electric batteries placed in
> teeth.

REPLY:

Okay, how would batteries placed
in the teeth affect say, the sciatic nerve,
or even the mandibular branch of the
trigeminal nerve for example .......

Joel M. Eichen DDS

> Information regarding the electrical behavior of mixtures of metals can be
> found at:

REPLY:

This is well known. Ever hear of Ben Franklin? Lyden Jar experiments ....

Keith P Walsh

Jan 1, 2003, 9:20:10 AM1/1/03
Joel M. Eichen wrote :

> No I am saying that legitimate dentists
> earn money by fixing people's teeth
> and not by requesting money over
> the internet.

Dear Dr Eichen,

I recognise perfectly well the exploitative nature of Jack Levenson's
practice.

However, I believe that you are failing to ackowledge the possibility that
the cases which Dr Levenson exploits are the consequences of a ridiculous
technological error which has been perpetrated in ignorance by generations
of what you call "legitimate" dentists for more than 150 years.

Shall I tell you again why there isn't any authority anywhere in Britain or
the rest of the world which is able to discredit Jack Levenson's mercury-
free policies scientifically?

It's because mercury amalgam dental fillings are electric batteries, that's
why.

I am not able to offer Richard Urwin any quick fixes for his problems.

I think that it is unlikely that any neurological damage caused by the
electrical behavior of amalgam fillings could be repaired immediately by
having the fillings removed. (Although whether or not the removal of
amalgam fillings offers the best chance of recovery in the long term from
any neurological damage which they might cause may be a different matter.)

It has been demonstrated experimentally that mercury amalgam dental
fillings are electric batteries capable of generating electrical potentials

with magnitudes of up to 350 millivolts.

See: http://book.boot.users.btopenworld.com/dutch.htm

And amalgam fillings are placed in children's teeth.

Experimental studies to determine the degree to which they are able to
dissipate electrical energy through the nerves in people's heads should
therefore have been carried out.

I feel confident that you are intelligent enough to understand this.

Joel M. Eichen

Jan 1, 2003, 9:20:45 AM1/1/03

Keith P Walsh <keith....@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:mW.H81...@mes-news.com...

> Joel M. Eichen wrote :
>

> > No I am saying that legitimate dentists
> > earn money by fixing people's teeth
> > and not by requesting money over
> > the internet.
>

> Dear Dr Eichen,
>
> I recognise perfectly well the exploitative nature of Jack Levenson's
> practice.
>
> However, I believe that you are failing to ackowledge the possibility that
> the cases which Dr Levenson exploits are the consequences of a ridiculous
> technological error which has been perpetrated in ignorance by generations
> of what you call "legitimate" dentists for more than 150 years.
>
> Shall I tell you again why there isn't any authority anywhere in Britain or
> the rest of the world which is able to discredit Jack Levenson's mercury-
> free policies scientifically?

REPLY:

Mercury-free may be a good thing. Heck it is a good thing. However,
both mercury-free and tooth-free is not a good thing.

Once the world wakes up and develops a good non-metal
restorative material, or better, a method for reversing decalcification,
and prompt treatment of same, this will be moot.

For now the anti-mercs live by scarin' and stealin' trad.dentists
patients! All dentists know how to cut crowns, install inlays,
and yes! DO COMPOSITES. All!

Joel M. Eichen DDS

Joel M. Eichen DDS

Renate Ratlos

Jan 8, 2003, 12:22:17 AM1/8/03
On Tue, 31 Dec 2002 06:53:52 -0500, "Joel M. Eichen" <joele...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>LEVENSON on root canals:
>
>How Many amalgam filings do you have? ...........
>How many root filled teeth do you have ? ...........
>
>I hereby consent to be advised by Mr. J.G. Levenson and agree that any treatment I undertake will be at my sole risk, and Mr.
>J.G.Levenson shall be under no liability to me whatsoever in any circumstances.
>
>Signed: --------------------------
>
>Date : -------------------------

Please tell me who is Levenson?

RR
--
German Bioterrorist hides in the USA
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=3e11c9de...@news1.ewetel.de&output=gplain

Renate Ratlos

Jan 8, 2003, 12:22:52 AM1/8/03
On Wed, 1 Jan 2003 09:20:45 -0500, "Joel M. Eichen" <joele...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>Mercury-free may be a good thing. Heck it is a good thing. However,

>both mercury-free and tooth-free is not a good thing.

We had you on the right track.

What made you fall back into amalgamism?

David

Jan 31, 2003, 5:20:47 AM1/31/03
Hello Richard,

I totally relate. I am living in my own nightmare.

I am dealing with everything you stated and more. its sounds to me that you
have been dealing with TMJ disorder for some time, at what age did it begin
for you? (I have more questions, here goes) What was the source of your
problem? How have you dealt with it thus far?

I have had all the symptoms that you discussed, except with my TMJ problems,
I have a dysfunctional jaw joint after a car accident. I have had the eye
twiching, tinnitus (high-pitched noise) problems also for over a year.

On top of that I also have a bi-lateral shoulder injury that needs surgery,
and other probelms with my neck that all together has had a major impact on
my life. I have been on a non-chewing diet for over 18 months, thats liquids
only. I have found ways to deal with it. I take large doses of vitamins, I
try to walk for 10-15 minutes a day (I wish I could go longer), and I have a
high speed blender that will juice from anything...

I know I need over $40,000 in surgery and i am making plans on how to make
it happen. If i can work through it you can too. Try to stay away from
stressful environments. When your jaw gets to be a pain. Ice it (there is a
special way to do it).
Avoid talking, chewing, laiughing, sneezing, yawning, or anything that make
you move your jaw/mouth too much.
Get all the imaging that doesn't cuase pain done. Understand your problem
inside and out, and get your doctors to talk to each other.
Keep your own charts and files. Ask for copies.

Good luck to you, If you want to know more specifics email me.

Hippy times!

David (take the 'no spam' out of my email address)

Elly Byrne

Jan 31, 2003, 4:01:27 PM1/31/03
http://www.DrJimboyd.com/book/text.html
This makes interesting reading. It explains a lot about TMJ and
briefle mentions tinnitus.

"David" <davidr...@comcast.net> wrote:

Tinnitus is a pain in the neck
Elly's Tinnitus Resources
http://www.eebee.net/
http://www.tinnitusrelief.net/
http://www.alexandertechnique.com
For email: elly at eebee.cjb.net

Steven Fawks

Feb 1, 2003, 10:29:19 AM2/1/03
What conditions are going to be treated with "$40,000 in surgery"?

Fawks

ironjustice

Feb 10, 2003, 1:12:03 PM2/10/03

David <davidr...@comcast.net> wrote in message

> > I've only just discovered that the three things could be related - can
> > anybody else tell me if they've had all three things (TMJ
> > problems/high-pitched ringing/eyelid twitching) and what they did
> > about it?

Tinnitus has been shown to appear in those who take aminoglycoside
antibiotics.
The damage caused by aminoglycosides has been shown to be due to the release
of iron which causes free radicals / rust / oxidation which destroys the
cochlear hairs of the ear.

Eye twitch is a 'tic' .. which according to Dr. Shute can be treated
successfully with tocopherol which coincidentally is destroyed by elevated
iron levels.

It has also been linked to the decrease of dopamine in the brain which again
has been linked to iron levels due to the fact IP6 / phytic acid .. a
natural iron chelator has shown some significant success in the treatment of
addictive disorder which has been shown to be linked to tics.

TMJ has been linked to elevated iron in that they have shown iron in the jaw
and increased rust / oxidation.

Cites for all of the above ..

Who loves ya.
Tom

--
Jesus Was A Vegetarian! http://jesuswasavegetarian.7h.com
Man Is A Herbivore! http://pages.ivillage.com/ironjustice/manisaherbivore

jjch...@gmail.com

Feb 18, 2020, 12:09:34 AM2/18/20
Hi Rich,

Whatever happened with this story. Was your T fixed? I have been experiencing these issues myself.