Three different prescriptions - which one should I use?

Lee Gleason

Jan 1, 2021, 2:48:42 PM1/1/21

I've often had difficulty getting eyeglass prescriptions that work
well for me. With increasing age, my vision has changed radically, so I
really need a new pair of glasses.

In an attempt to get a really correct prescription, I've gone to
three sources for a new one. One is from an Ophthalmologist, and the
other two are from Optometrists. All three people have excellent
reputations.

The Ophthalmologist prescribed

OD -3.00 +2.25 X180
OS -1.50 +1.00 X020

Converted to negative cylinder (so I can compare it with the
Optometrists' prescriptions), that would be

OD -0.75 -2.25 X90
OD -0.50 -1.00 X110

The other two were...

Optometrist #1
-0.25 -1.75 X028
+0.25 -1.75 X144

Optometrist #2
+1.25 -1.50 X085
+0.25 -1.50 X135

These three prescriptions seem pretty different to my untrained eye.
Are they pretty far off from each other? Which one do you think I should
use to get glasses made? Or should I keep shopping for more
prescriptions and see if a consensus emerges?

--
Lee K. Gleason N5ZMR
lee.g...@comcast.net

The Real Bev

Jan 2, 2021, 2:06:56 AM1/2/21
De[ends on the cost. If you don't need bifocals you can get really
cheap (but good, my husband and I have used them for a long time --
maybe a decade) glasses at Goggles4U on line. Every once in a while
they give 50% off codes, which make them even cheaper.

The angles of the astigmatism correction seem awfully different...

--
Cheers, Bev
If I gave a shit, you'd be the first one I'd give it to.