The latest at MT Exchange (also posted to MT Daily)

Melinda S. Meahan

Aug 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/21/98
happytra...@my-dejanews.com wrote:

> Her boards were down almost all day as was the main page. The story she is
> handing out to anyone who emailed her is that the server was down. Like, the
> server was down most of the day? I don't think so.

I guess you didn't see just a week or two ago when MT Daily's boards
were down for a whole day?????????
--
CHANGE THE RETURN ADDRESS IF YOU REPLY TO THIS BY EMAIL!!!!
This address has been spamproofed and mail sent to this

MAS

Aug 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/21/98
nos...@mindspring.com wrote:

> "Alot" isn't a word, by the way.
>
> Peggy
>
> happytra...@my-dejanews.com wrote:
> >I just thought you scimedders would be interested in knowing what the little
> >ninny is up to on her sight

"sight"??? Um, maybe site?

Marsha in Ohio

RaeMorrill

Aug 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/22/98

I just thought you scimedders would be interested in knowing what the little
ninny is up to on her sight

Sight? Really, maybe you'd better run back to MTD to learn to spell. Whoops,
no, that won't work. No one over there is allowed to tell you you don't know
your asshole from you elbow.

I'm rather certain that any person JUST starting out on a board is going to
have some "growing pains." So get a life.

Rae Morrill in Maine
"Ya can't get theyuh from heeah"
_______________________________
Spam mailers WILL be reported to their respective postmasters and AOL TOSSPAM!

RaeMorrill

Aug 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/22/98

Mary, I am glad that we can rely on you to keep these boards up and running.
Your downtime is minimal and that counts for ALOT. Your pages are important to
us and you make sure that we have acess to them. I just want to thank you.

Hey Happy,

Newsflash, A lot is two words. Course you won't hear that on MTD. They wouldn't
wanna hurt your feelings. What a chuckle.

happytra...@my-dejanews.com

Aug 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/22/98
Her boards were down almost all day as was the main page. The story she is
handing out to anyone who emailed her is that the server was down. Like, the
server was down most of the day? I don't think so.

Numero two is that she says she might have to start removing some of her
archived messages. Her server **SUPPOSEDLY** might start asking her for more
money because of the amount of space she is using. Like, I mean, how much
money could it take to run one of these sites? I personally think she is just
starting to make excuses so that when she dissolves the whole venture she can
say 'Like, see, I TOLD you it was too expensive and so that is why I am doing
this' rather than admitting it was a stinky idea to start with.

Mary, I am glad that we can rely on you to keep these boards up and running.
Your downtime is minimal and that counts for ALOT. Your pages are important to
us and you make sure that we have acess to them. I just want to thank you.

Happy to be an MT Daily kinda girl

I just thought you scimedders would be interested in knowing what the little
ninny is up to on her sight

Blupencl

Aug 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/22/98
In article <6rlamb$5d0$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>, happytra...@my-dejanews.com
writes:

>Her boards were down almost all day as was the main page. The story she is
>handing out to anyone who emailed her is that the server was down. Like, the
>server was down most of the day? I don't think so.

Um, do you have a problem with MT Exchange being in existence for some reason?
You sound pretty happy that there was trouble on the server - why on earth
would you care?

>Numero two is that she says she might have to start removing some of her
>archived messages. Her server **SUPPOSEDLY** might start asking her for more
>money because of the amount of space she is using. Like, I mean, how much
>money could it take to run one of these sites?

Well, like, uh, you know, um, I think that it can cost considerable money to
run one of these sites.

I personally think she is just>starting to make excuses so that when she
dissolves the whole venture she can >say 'Like, see, I TOLD you it was too
expensive and so that is why I am doing >this' rather than admitting it was a
stinky idea to start with.

Well, like, um, ya know, um why would you think it was a stinky idea? I
personally think it was a great idea.

>Mary, I am glad that we can rely on you to keep these boards up and running.
>Your downtime is minimal and that counts for ALOT. Your pages are important
>to>us and you make sure that we have acess to them. I just want to thank you.

Ms. Anonymous, what does Mary's board have to do with MTExchange? Do you see
these two sites as adversarial? Just go to the one you like and forget the
other one.

Oh, like, um, you can't spell. Access has two c's and there is no such word in
the English language as "ALOT"

>Happy to be an MT Daily kinda girl

I am also glad you are an MT Daily kinda girl.

>I just thought you scimedders would be interested in knowing what the little
>ninny is up to on her sight

What does any of this have to do with visual acuity?

I think you'd better have a little visit with Mr. Webster before you start
calling anybody a ninny.

Bambi

Aug 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/22/98
Rae,
If we're proofing, and I'm not saying *I'd* ever consider such a thing <G>,
but acess???

I say cheers to the brand of intelligence being produced by the lovely
supporters of MTD? Who says idiocy doesn't reign?
(Happywhatever.....that's reign as in rule, not like rain which falls from
the sky FYI).

Bambi

RaeMorrill wrote in message
<199808220323...@ladder03.news.aol.com>...

>Mary, I am glad that we can rely on you to keep these boards up and
running.
>Your downtime is minimal and that counts for ALOT. Your pages are important
>us and you make sure that we have acess to them. I just want to thank you.

Bambi

Aug 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/22/98
Since I don't visit MTD, I'm curious in light of the pulled posts in the
past....was this indeed posted and how long did it stay?

Just curious, ya know.

happytra...@my-dejanews.com wrote in message
<6rlamb$5d0$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>...

>Her boards were down almost all day as was the main page. The story she is
>handing out to anyone who emailed her is that the server was down. Like,
the
>server was down most of the day? I don't think so.
>

>Numero two is that she says she might have to start removing some of her
>archived messages. Her server **SUPPOSEDLY** might start asking her for
more
>money because of the amount of space she is using. Like, I mean, how much

>money could it take to run one of these sites? I personally think she is

just
>starting to make excuses so that when she dissolves the whole venture she
can
>say 'Like, see, I TOLD you it was too expensive and so that is why I am
doing
>this' rather than admitting it was a stinky idea to start with.
>

>Mary, I am glad that we can rely on you to keep these boards up and
running.
>Your downtime is minimal and that counts for ALOT. Your pages are important
>us and you make sure that we have acess to them. I just want to thank you.
>

>Happy to be an MT Daily kinda girl
>

>I just thought you scimedders would be interested in knowing what the
little
>ninny is up to on her sight

Janie Gilbert

Aug 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/22/98
to happytra...@my-dejanews.com
As far as the boards being down: I have a news flash for you: yes,
they can be down for most of the day. I run a message board (not MT, so
don't start with me) that's maintained on a separate server (Paradise)
and about a month ago, it was down for more than 24 hours through no
fault of mine. Outta my hands. My web server occasionally has down
time too.

As others have said: why would you care if you do not like it there.
Simply stay with MT Daily if you wish.

Janie G.

Julianne Weight

Aug 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/22/98
On 22 Aug 1998 03:23:08 GMT, raemo...@aol.com (RaeMorrill) wrote:

>Hey Happy,
>
>Newsflash, A lot is two words. Course you won't hear that on MTD. They wouldn't
>wanna hurt your feelings. What a chuckle.

Actually, there was such a discussion regarding the fact that "a lot"
is not one word... Happy must have missed following this on her
beloved's board.

Julianne Weight
Reply to yazoo2u at YAHOO!

nos...@mindspring.com

Aug 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/22/98
You know, I don't know what this controversy is about, but I sure am
beginning to think that "happytranscriber" is a really nasty sort.
Mean and hateful in a personal way.

"Alot" isn't a word, by the way.

Peggy

happytra...@my-dejanews.com wrote:

>Her boards were down almost all day as was the main page. The story she is
>handing out to anyone who emailed her is that the server was down. Like, the
>server was down most of the day? I don't think so.

>Mary, I am glad that we can rely on you to keep these boards up and running.
>Your downtime is minimal and that counts for ALOT. Your pages are important to
>us and you make sure that we have acess to them. I just want to thank you.

>Happy to be an MT Daily kinda girl

>I just thought you scimedders would be interested in knowing what the little
>ninny is up to on her sight

Reply to digitalcmt (at) you-know-where (dot) com. It's a puzzle, I know, but all the clues are in this post.

Loretta

Aug 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/22/98
In article , nos...@mindspring.com says...

>You know, I don't know what this controversy is about, but I sure am
>beginning to think that "happytranscriber" is a really nasty sort.
>Mean and hateful in a personal way.
>
>"Alot" isn't a word, by the way.
>
>Peggy

No controversy really, Peggy. Just another troll crawling out from the MT Daily
moat to give us all an edyoukayshin. Must be someone forgot to feed the baby
troll a dose of spoonfed words today.

Loretta

TNminihors

Aug 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/22/98
>Sight? Really, maybe you'd better run back to MTD to learn to spell. Whoops,
>no, that won't work. No one over there is allowed to tell you you don't know
>your asshole from you elbow.

*You elbow*?? Maybe people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones?

Rsmommy

Aug 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/22/98

>I just thought you scimedders would be interested in knowing what the little
>ninny is up to on her sight

But I'll bet the "ninny (???)" knows the difference between ***sight*** and
***site***.

LAnd44844

Aug 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/22/98
We experienced this same thing a few weeks ago. Remember? My best guess is
that this is an attempt to make people put down Mary. It's similar to yelling,
"Fight! Fight!" While some may have disagreements or differences with Mary,
some people would like for it to escalate further. One way to do that is to
plant a message with poor grammar, spelling, word usage and attitude. This is
supposed to make us start up a feud. We're supposed to start thinking that one
must take sides and either like one web site or the other, not both. "Like"
I'm not falling for it. I don't care what anybody thinks of Mary - and I have
my own disagreements with her - she would NOT have someone representing her in
this manner. This is not her style. This person is obviously someone who
doesn't like Mary and is "posing" as her friend or loyal participant of her web
site. I don't buy it.

<Ms. Anonymous, what does Mary's board have to do with MTExchange? Do you see
these two sites as adversarial? Just go to the one you like and forget the
other one.>

Oh, like, um, you can't spell. Access has two c's and there is no such word in
the English language as "ALOT"

>Happy to be an MT Daily kinda girl>

LAnd44844

Aug 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/22/98
<Actually, there was such a discussion regarding the fact that "a lot"
is not one word... Happy must have missed following this on her
beloved's board.>

Julianne, that's because she DOESN'T follow it. <chuckle>

LAnd44844

Aug 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/22/98
<I guess you didn't see just a week or two ago when MT Daily's boards
were down for a whole day?????????>

Again, that's because this person is a plant to stir us up. <G>

Blupencl

Aug 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/22/98
You're right, Linda. I sure don't have anything against Mary OR her site. The
only people who get my goat are the ones who seem to be trying to take up for
her.

HappyT must be somebody I've worked with for enough years to realize that ALOT
is one of my button pushers.

No more rising to the bait, I swear.

In article <199808221333...@ladder01.news.aol.com>, land...@aol.com

MT

Aug 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/22/98
Linda, I agree. I wish this would stop. It is demeaning to Mary, to me, and to
anyone who follows all of these boards and sites. I have found, at one time or
another, much valuable information on MT Daily and I hope people find valuable
information at MTX. I vote we just ignore this garbage and get on with our lives.
Goodness knows, mine is busy enough these days!

Caryn

LAnd44844 wrote:

> We experienced this same thing a few weeks ago. Remember? My best guess is
> that this is an attempt to make people put down Mary. It's similar to yelling,

> "Fight! Fight!" While some may have disagreements or differences with Mary,

> some people would like for it to escalate further. One way to do that is to
> plant a message with poor grammar, spelling, word usage and attitude. This is
> supposed to make us start up a feud. We're supposed to start thinking that one

bn...@bigfoot.com

Aug 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/22/98
> Her boards were down almost all day as was the main page. The story she is
> handing out to anyone who emailed her is that the server was down. Like, the
> server was down most of the day? I don't think so.

Do you have any idea how the internet works? Not just your little corner
of it, but the INTERNET. Not that it would make much sense to you, but
a backhoe operator up in L.A. cut a OC43 fiber optic cable -- and with it
went a large portion of the Internet. Then, after they took nearly 10
hours to fix it, the main router at WorldCOM's Irvine hub went down. The
spare was bad, so they had to fly in a new card from San Francisco. Then
they had problems with the routing table and had to fly in an emergency
response team to fix the software.

> Numero two is that she says she might have to start removing some of her
> archived messages. Her server **SUPPOSEDLY** might start asking her for more
> money because of the amount of space she is using. Like, I mean, how much
> money could it take to run one of these sites?

Are you asking a real question or not? Do *you* know how much it costs
for domain names, server space and the other aspects of web pages? It's
not cheap, but then again, that's all relative. Considering that I don't
think she's in it to make a buck and it's money out of her pocket, then I
don't think any amount of money would be considered "cheap". Not to
mention time involved.

Just a friendly suggestion, you might want to get your facts straight
before you start blasting things you don't know much about.

RaeMorrill

Aug 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/22/98

this manner. This is not her style. This person is obviously someone who
doesn't like Mary and is "posing" as her friend or loyal participant of her web
site. I don't buy it.

Linda,

This is a possibility. I know Mary wouldn't solicit this type of support (or I
certainly hope not). However, I'm afraid the poor spelling and style may be
real. After all, someone over there just posted as to whether anyone had heard
of Siliac screw disease.

RaeMorrill

Aug 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/22/98

*You elbow*?? Maybe people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones?

Somehow I'm not surprised someone would jump on that. There is a difference
between a typo at midnight and multiple wrong word/spellings. I did notice that
as it posted, but we can't edit here, can we?

TNminihors

Aug 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/22/98
>Somehow I'm not surprised someone would jump on that. There is a difference
>between a typo at midnight and multiple wrong word/spellings. I did notice
>that
>as it posted, but we can't edit here, can we?

I see. Tired minds sometimes don't function either...ever had that happen.
I have.

dd...@mail.hscribe.com

Aug 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/22/98
In article <6rlamb$5d0$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>,

happytra...@my-dejanews.com wrote:
> Her boards were down almost all day as was the main page. The story she is
> handing out to anyone who emailed her is that the server was down. Like, the
> server was down most of the day? I don't think so.
>
> Happy to be an MT Daily kinda girl
>
> I just thought you scimedders would be interested in knowing what the little
> ninny is up to on her sight

Indeed, you ARE an MT Daily kinda girl. If you are, as you say, a
"transcriber" then why don't you go plug yourself in somewhere and rewind.
We are NOT transcribers....or hadn't you heard.

Melinda S. Meahan

Aug 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/22/98
LAnd44844 wrote:

> This person is obviously someone who doesn't like Mary and is
> "posing" as her friend or loyal participant of her web
> site. I don't buy it.

Maybe not, Linda. I have seen lots of situations where someone has
developed a loyal/blind following and people take things to far
extremes, much, much farther than the person they are following would
want it taken. It has happened all throughout history.

LAnd44844

Aug 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/22/98
<However, I'm afraid the poor spelling and style may be
real. After all, someone over there just posted as to whether anyone had heard
of Siliac screw disease>

You're right. I know what you are talking about. My students keep telling me
about what they have seen. It isn't a case of, "Well, you were new once; you
weren't BORN a medical transcriptionist." This is a case of forgetting to use
the brain.

When I first started my school in 1990, I taught the computer applications one
on one. Then one day I looked at the student who was staring at the ceiling and
saying, "Okay, now what do I do." DUH! It took me a while to figure out that
the best way to help my students is to guide them as they learn to LEARN. They
have to dig things out for themselves. It does absolutely no good to just hand
someone the answers. The bad thing in some word boards is that the ANSWERS are
wrong, then you have someone thanking all the wonderful people who GAVE all
these wrong answers. Some word boards are better than others. The one on AOL
seems to be really good, and I LOVE the one on MTDesk. People are not
encouraged to MOOCH. That's it! That's what I don't like to see. I don't like
to see people who are too lazy to do the work for themselves MOOCHING off those
who get an ego boost from ALLOWING people to mooch off them. That's SO
different than the wonderful mentors who volunteer their time and effort to
help MT students who are working their tails off trying to do a good job. One
is a HEALTHY thing while the other is not.
---stepping off this ole' egg crate now so somebody else can have a turn. <G>

Linda L Andrews, CMT
www.andrewsschool.com

LAnd44844

Aug 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/22/98
That's a good reason not to allow people to put you on pedestals or turn you
into some kind of a cult leader. There are people who are bound and determined
to find somebody they can put up on a pedestal. Those who are wise will not
allow anyone to do that to them. The fall can hurt. Maybe those of us who are
unlikely to be worshipped this way are actually the lucky ones. At least I am
because I'm afraid of heights. <G>

Anne V.

Aug 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/22/98
Hate to disabuse you of this notion, but my server was down for nearly 2
days a few weeks ago. Mother nature wins sometimes.

>Her boards were down almost all day as was the main page. The story she is
>handing out to anyone who emailed her is that the server was down. Like,
the
>server was down most of the day? I don't think so.
>

>Numero two is that she says she might have to start removing some of her
>archived messages. Her server **SUPPOSEDLY** might start asking her for
more
>money because of the amount of space she is using. Like, I mean, how much

>money could it take to run one of these sites? I personally think she is
just
>starting to make excuses so that when she dissolves the whole venture she
can
>say 'Like, see, I TOLD you it was too expensive and so that is why I am
doing
>this' rather than admitting it was a stinky idea to start with.
>

>Mary, I am glad that we can rely on you to keep these boards up and
running.
>Your downtime is minimal and that counts for ALOT. Your pages are important
>us and you make sure that we have acess to them. I just want to thank you.
>

>Happy to be an MT Daily kinda girl
>
>I just thought you scimedders would be interested in knowing what the
little
>ninny is up to on her sight

JBuxton569

Aug 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/22/98
Linda, when I was going to school to learn MT I was also learning to use the
personal computer. At first when I had a problem, the lab teacher would come
over and try to correct the problem himself. That is a big no-no for me. NO
ONE TOUCHES A COMPUTER I'M USING.

After I slapped his hands a couple of times, he got the message and stepped me
through the problem, letting me do the actual work. I'm one of those people
who learn by doing not by watching or having information spoon fed to me.

When I was asked to take over the computerized medical billing class when the
teacher was out sick for two weeks, that is how I taught the class. I was
there to answer questions, but the students did the work.

I really feel sorry for those people on the word help board. It's not doing
them a favor to give them answers, right or wrong, to such basic questions.

Judity

Anne V.

Aug 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/22/98
ROFL!!! I love it, I love it!

ValerieMcC

Aug 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/22/98
writes:

>Her boards were down almost all day as was the main page. The story she is
>handing out to anyone who emailed her is that the server was down. Like, the
>server was down most of the day? I don't think so.
>
>Numero two is that she says she might have to start removing some of her
>archived messages. Her server **SUPPOSEDLY** might start asking her for more
>money because of the amount of space she is using. Like, I mean, how much
>money could it take to run one of these sites?

You sure don't know a lot about computers, do you? Of course a server can be
down all day! Its only a computer or two or three....perhaps an upgrade of
software that went haywire or a head crash.

Why do you think there is some sort of conspiracy here? What nonsense! I'm
not surprised she is getting hell from her ISP...she probably way
underestimated the amount of storage space she would require and, as she is
renting it from someone else (which is what the ISP is in business to do), it
can get very expensive. This happens frequently with growing web sites...no
big mystery to it.

>Mary, I am glad that we can rely on you to keep these boards up and running.
>Your downtime is minimal and that counts for ALOT. Your pages are important to
>us and you make sure that we have acess to them. I just want to thank you.

>Happy to be an MT Daily kinda girl

I really don't think that MTD and MT exchange are in competition...though if
the grand poobah of MTD thinks so, I'm really interested to hear it. There's
is an abundance of room for many resources for MTs...I'm thrilled that folks
(including Mary Morken) have taken the initiative to develop these resources
for us. They deserve a round of applause.

That said, get your childish attitude out of here!

Val

dd...@mail.hscribe.com

Aug 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/23/98
In article <199808221753...@ladder03.news.aol.com>,

land...@aol.com (LAnd44844) wrote:
> <However, I'm afraid the poor spelling and style may be
> real. After all, someone over there just posted as to whether anyone had heard
> of Siliac screw disease>
>
> You're right. I know what you are talking about. My students keep telling me
> about what they have seen. It isn't a case of, "Well, you were new once; you
> weren't BORN a medical transcriptionist." This is a case of forgetting to use
> the brain.

At one time I taught transcription at the local community college. I was
giving my little spiel the first day of class about transcription, what it
is, who can do it and giving them some of my background. I mentioned that I
had been an MT for 30 years, at which point one of the students raised her
hand and asked how did we do spellcheck on a typewriter? Perhaps that is one
of the fundamental differences between those of us who started in the field
pre-computers and the newbies? At the risk of sounding like my
grandmother....I can remember in the olden days when a doctor said a word I
didn't know....I had to get up from my typewriter and go over to where they
kept the reference books (all two of them) and LOOK IT UP.

Bailey

Aug 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/23/98
GET A LIFE.

Aecnc2

Aug 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/23/98
Dear Happy:

First of all, ALOT is not a word - it should be A LOT (two words - look it up
please). Also, ACCESS is spelled with two Cs. In addition, ".....what the
"ninny" is up to at her SIGHT (should be SITE). And last, but not least, you
may be a transcriber but I am a transcriptionist.

What is the problem here? Don't you think more than one web site for
transcriptionists can coexist without all this fuss? Mary's site offers a lot
of information, as does MTDesk (my personal favorite), and now the fledgling
MTExchange. We TRANSCRIPTIONISTS have A LOT more to worry about than which web
SITE to ACCESS. Thank goodness there are resources out there for us - and if
you don't like one, you can always go to another. Get a grip, grow up, then
maybe the big girls will let you play.

Anne Collins, CMT
Winston-Salem, NC

nos...@mindspring.com

Aug 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/23/98
tnmin...@aol.com (TNminihors) wrote:

>I see. Tired minds sometimes don't function either...ever had that happen.
>I have.

The errors in that post were ignorance errors. "Alot" is not a typo.
It's not something that happens because you're tired. It happens when
the writer is ignorant of English usage and grammar.

Peggy

Su

Aug 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/23/98
Janie (and others) ... I learned a long time ago not to waste my time
responding to nitwits.

Janie Gilbert wrote in message <35DE4A...@worldnet.att.net>...
>As far as the boards being down: I have a news flash for you: yes,
>they can be down for most of the day. I run a message board (not MT, so
>don't start with me) that's maintained on a separate server (Paradise)
>and about a month ago, it was down for more than 24 hours through no
>fault of mine. Outta my hands. My web server occasionally has down
>time too.
>
>As others have said: why would you care if you do not like it there.
>Simply stay with MT Daily if you wish.
>
>Janie G.

>happytra...@my-dejanews.com wrote:
>>
>> Her boards were down almost all day as was the main page. The story she
is
>> handing out to anyone who emailed her is that the server was down. Like,
the
>> server was down most of the day? I don't think so.
>>
>> Numero two is that she says she might have to start removing some of her
>> archived messages. Her server **SUPPOSEDLY** might start asking her for
more
>> money because of the amount of space she is using. Like, I mean, how much

>> money could it take to run one of these sites? I personally think she is
just
>> starting to make excuses so that when she dissolves the whole venture she
can
>> say 'Like, see, I TOLD you it was too expensive and so that is why I am
doing
>> this' rather than admitting it was a stinky idea to start with.
>>

>> Mary, I am glad that we can rely on you to keep these boards up and
running.
>> Your downtime is minimal and that counts for ALOT. Your pages are
important to
>> us and you make sure that we have acess to them. I just want to thank
you.

>> Happy to be an MT Daily kinda girl
>>

>> I just thought you scimedders would be interested in knowing what the
little
>> ninny is up to on her sight

TNminihors

Aug 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/23/98

>The errors in that post were ignorance errors. "Alot" is not a typo.
>It's not something that happens because you're tired. It happens when
>the writer is ignorant of English usage and grammar.
>
>Peggy

Perhaps you're right, I don't know. I do know that I hesitate to call another
person "ignorant" for making a mistake, typo or otherwise, until I'm perfect
myself. I'm still working on that.

ValerieMcC

Aug 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/23/98
In article <199808221113...@ladder03.news.aol.com>,
tnmin...@aol.com (TNminihors) writes:

>No one over there is allowed to tell you you don't know
>>your asshole from you elbow.
>>

>*You elbow*?? Maybe people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones?

Don't be silly...she was illustrating her point!

Valerie

Gdubson

Aug 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/23/98
In article <199808231120...@ladder01.news.aol.com>,
tnmin...@aol.com (TNminihors) writes:

>Perhaps you're right, I don't know. I do know that I hesitate to call
>another
>person "ignorant" for making a mistake, typo or otherwise, until I'm perfect
>myself. I'm still working on that.

When you don't know something, you are ignorant of it. What another person
knows or does not know doesn't get you off the hook.

Gisele

Su

Aug 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/23/98
Y'all isn't a word either, ladies, but people in this rat hole say it all
the time.

MAS wrote in message <35DE2F...@sylvania.sev.org>...
>nos...@mindspring.com wrote:
>
>> "Alot" isn't a word, by the way.
>>
>> Peggy

>> happytra...@my-dejanews.com wrote:
>> >I just thought you scimedders would be interested in knowing what the
little
>> >ninny is up to on her sight
>

>"sight"??? Um, maybe site?
>
>Marsha in Ohio

Bambi

Aug 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/23/98
Peggy and I will let you know when you get there, ok with you Peggy? <g>

Bambi currently sharing the title Goddess of Nitpicking with Peggy (with
several others waiting in line for the crown).

TNminihors wrote in message
<199808231120...@ladder01.news.aol.com>...

>>The errors in that post were ignorance errors. "Alot" is not a typo.
>>It's not something that happens because you're tired. It happens when
>>the writer is ignorant of English usage and grammar.
>>
>>Peggy

Bambi

Aug 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/23/98
Miss Su,
I use y'all on a regular basis.....are you picking on ME? <g>
Ready for a good rumble, things at home base crumbled big-time this weekend.
Anybody wanna fight? Not fight-fight, just a good loud debate about
something more interesting than y'all or A LOT?

Bambi who's exhausted from trying to be nice.

Bambi

Aug 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/23/98

>Don't be silly...she was illustrating her point!
>Valerie

Val,
So was Happywhatever. The point being that it obviously posts at MTD where
it doesn't learn a darn thing or where ignorance is fostered.

Bambi

RaeMorrill

Aug 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/23/98

Don't be silly...she was illustrating her point!

Valerie

Thanks, Val! I musta just forgot what I was doing.... too much Nutrasweet?

TNminihors

Aug 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/23/98

>>*You elbow*?? Maybe people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones?
>>

>Don't be silly...she was illustrating her point!

I see. Perhaps the person who posted "sight" while obviously meaning "site"
was illustrating some point as well. How does one know the above *you elbow*
was a simple "mistake" while the person with the *sight* issue was ignorant?

TNminihors

Aug 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/23/98
>So was Happywhatever. The point being that it obviously posts at MTD where
>it doesn't learn a darn thing or where ignorance is fostered.
>
>Bambi

To be honest, Bambi, in my opinion, I don't see as much *ignorance* posted on
MTD as I see here. I also see a lot more professionalism and courtesy there.
I don't call that *ignorance*.

TNminihors

Aug 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/23/98
>Peggy and I will let you know when you get there, ok with you Peggy? <g>

Shall I keep an eye on *y'all* as well? <VBG>

Blupencl

Aug 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/23/98
The key here is that you don't realize what you are seeing.

This is an unmoderated newsgroup, and MTD is a moderated, privately owned area,
where anything that doesn't suit the owner is removed before you see it. Many
people enjoy that place, and I go over there myself once in awhile, though it's
not where I go when I need to know something.

I call it MT-Lite. :)

The post you are talking about was full of mistakes that come from not knowing,
and it was written in a crowing tone, by a person so without a life that she
was slobbering all over herself because a server went down. Unfortunately,
this reflected poorly upon the owner, who is a really nice person. I know it
shouldn't have but in this situation of "we vs. they" it made a mark for the
"other" side.

The post was mean, chickens**t, and, above all, was a beautiful illustration of
ignorance, in my opinion.

In article <199808232201...@ladder01.news.aol.com>,

Vickie

Aug 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/23/98
to TNminihors
Oh, for Pete's sake! If MT Daily seems more professional, it is because
the posts that lack even a tad of professionalism have been
pulled....actually a lot of very professional posts are pulled also if
they do not deal with the subject matter felt appropriate by the board
monitor. There are some highly-skilled professionals here as well as MT
Daily AS WELL AS MT Exchange. All professionals have their moments,
including you, TNminihors, where they tend to lack a bit of
professionalism. I believe they call that being **human**. All of the
boards mentioned above consist of **humans** (I think) :-) So, what is
the deal? All of the aforementioned sites provide information that is
used by **somebody**. Heck, apparently even the lack of professionalism
somewhere is used by someone.

Freedom of choice is good. You have the right to post or read where you
so desire as do I and as does anyone.

So quit trying to knock down someone's choice, please. We all have our
own reasons for what is appealing to us. That choice is ours and so is
the reason.

Vickie

Patt

Loretta