Computer Screens and Hypnosis?

RR

Apr 14, 2002, 1:10:48 PM4/14/02
I have a question that may sound a bit wacky (or it may be an old question)
but I'll ask anyway. We all know that people in general seem to be addicted
to watching television and, more recently, computers. I am wondering if
anyone has heard of research into the possibility that the screen, whether
T.V. or computer is actually having a hypnotic effect on the brain?

Have you ever noticed that when one videotapes a television program, that
often the picture on the video comes out as moving up and down but was
normal while being watched? I have wondered what possible subconscious
effect this may have.

Well I also noticed one day, when I walked away from the computer, that on
coming back and chancing to look at the screen through a glass window
(several feet away from the computer) which had decorative lines on it, that
behind these lines the screen was definitely vibrating. This I had not
noticed before while sitting right in front of it. It is especially
pronounced when the screen has a lot of white on it at the time.

For fun try videotaping the LCD of a stereo set or other electronic device
then play it back. On the video the LCD will be moving rhythmically...

FurPaw

Apr 20, 2002, 9:01:55 AM4/20/02
I think you're seeing the effects of eye movements interacting
with a refreshing screen. Remember that neither a computer
screen nor a tv screen is a static display. Each is scanned and
refreshed many times per second. (You can see this on your
computer screen by setting the refresh rate to the lowest
possible value. You should see a pronounced flicker if you can
set it to 60 cycles per second or lower - particularly on a
bright, white screen.)

The "vibrations" that you saw when you were behind a window with
decorative lines were no doubt a result of your moving eyes, a
refreshing screen, and the lines. Even if you think you are
staring steadly, your eyes are continuously in motion. They have
a very small amplitude, rapid "jitter" and drift, and when they
drift off target, they will jerk back (saccades). You're
generally unconscious of all of this.

Each time the screen refreshes, your eye is very likely in a
different position with respect to the screen. The static lines
on the window give a reference point, making it appear that the
screen was moving or vibrating.

FurPaw

steven...@gmail.com

Jun 16, 2019, 9:54:43 AM6/16/19
Without question , the lcd screen is hypnotizing you. Take your phone, take "burst " shots of the Google Home Page or GMAIL or youtube etc. I've done many test such as this and the most prominent phenomena is the left and right (one for each eye) spiraling effect ((((@))))((((@)))). See for yourself. Also after dismantling and dissecting several monitors and tvs , large and small, along with many digital cameras, I tell you , they have identical hardware and capabilities (digital cameras and digital displays) To monitor you while you monitor your program.

RHT

Jun 12, 2020, 7:19:15 PM6/12/20
The History of Reiki

Reiki was discovered in Japan around 1850 by Mikao Usui. It is believed that he was from a wealthy family as he traveled to China and Europe for his education and only the wealthy could afford to do this for their children. This opportunity led him to become secretary to the head of the Department of Health and Welfare. At one point when Usui’s personal and business life was failing he went to Mt. Kurama where he had been before to meditate, hopeful that he would discover the answers to his problems.

Reiki Circles

Reiki Circles are held monthly for previous students and if you like bring a friend!

Reiki Lineage

One of the people that Takata Hawayo trained to be a Reiki Master was John Harvey Gray. This name is important as in 1979 he attuned Libby Barnett, who is Shima’s teacher and mentor to Reiki 1 and 2, Reiki Master and Master of Reiki Masters (FYI-Libby attuned me to all three.).

Another one of the 22 Reiki Masters was Barbara Lincoln McCullough. Barbara trained Judy-Carol Stewart of Houston, Texas and the 35th Reiki Master who attuned Libby Barnett to Reiki Master.

Libby’s close connection with these original teachers inspired her to preserve the integrity and authenticity of this ancient form of healing. These values were passed down to Shima.

As you can see from the background described above you are receiving the gift of Reiki – the ability to heal yourself and others through Universal Life Force Energy with a rare and very close connection to the Mikao Usui and the original 22 Reiki Masters.

The Original Reiki Masters initiated by Hawayo Takata

George Araki
Barbara McCullough
Beth Grey
Ursula Baylow (deceased)
Paul Mitchell
Iris Ishikura (deceased)
Fran Brown
Barbara Weber Ray
Ethel Lombardi
Wanja Twan
Virginia Samdahl (deceased)
Phyllis Lei Furumoto
Dorothy Baba (deceased)
Mary McFaden
John Harvey Gray
Rick Bockner
Bethel Phaigh (deceased)
Harry Kuboi
Particia Ewing
Shinobu Saito
Kay Yamashita (Takata’s sister)
Barbara Brown

Self Reiki

Reiki is also a self-healing modality that has the ability to put the “brakes” on the addiction to adrenalin that most people seem to have today. Rushing through life and trying to cram in as much as we can in a 24 hour period and in doing so leaving behind the connection to ourselves that is so vitally important.

Learning to love yourself, knowing your limitations, this is an integral part of Reiki practice. In learning this you can become a better Healer. After all how can you love and respect someone else if you don’t feel the same way about yourself?

During classes students learn how to develop their ability to meditate and to discover self, bringing together a whole new way of looking at their surroundings and events that happen in this stress filled life.

http://universalhealingarts.com/reiki/

https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!forum/alt.consciousness.mysticism