Dr. Larry Clapp

Elton Fan

Jul 20, 2006, 2:57:13 AM7/20/06
Has anyone in this group found any success following the ideas of Dr.
Larry Clapp?

http://www.prostate90.com

Ed Friedman

Jul 20, 2006, 1:38:39 PM7/20/06

Elton,

I'm afraid that you'll be hard pressed to find anyone, including Dr.
Clapp, who has become free of prostate cancer by using his methods. The
problem is that it is impossible to prove a negative. I.e., a biopsy
can show the presence of prostate cancer cells, but there is no test
that defintively proves the absence of any prostate cancer cells. Also,
the ideas behind his methods are devoid of scientific merit. E.g., even
if you believe that changing one's hormonal balance can eliminate
prostate cancer, it is impossible to do so safely without using drugs in
conjunction with hormones. His "drug free" treatments for prostate
cancer are just plain bogus.

Ed Friedman

George Conklin

Jul 20, 2006, 5:34:18 PM7/20/06

"Ed Friedman" <e...@math.uchicago.edu> wrote in message

What I find interesting about your post is that you find it impossible to
test his theory, no matter what. The only real tes would mean time of
survival following a standardized diagnosis, which is just what the whole
oncology field is lacking---and I'm afraid it is on purpose.

Steve Jordan

Jul 20, 2006, 7:34:54 PM7/20/06
On July 21, George Conklin, after quoting Ed Friedman's post, wrote:
> What I find interesting about your post is that you find it impossible to
> test his theory, no matter what. The only real tes would mean time of
> survival following a standardized diagnosis, which is just what the whole
> oncology field is lacking---and I'm afraid it is on purpose.

What I find interesting about George's message is that he evidently has
no idea at all of the nature of this Clapp fellow's business and
background.

I have not studied it in depth, having little time for foolishness, but
I have learned this much in about ten minutes:

1. Clapp promotes medical nostrums. He is not a medical doctor. He is a
lawyer (kyrie eleison!). He holds a PhD, for whatever it's worth, from
an outfit called Galien University Tutorial College (mail-order degrees,
anyone?). It was formerly known as Galien College of Natural Healing. It
was based upon his "years of research" into what he's selling.

I'll bet that I can buy a PhD just as good as his within 24 hours -- if
someone else would pay the fee. George?

2. He is covered on the Quackwatch website:
http://www.quackwatch.org/00AboutQuackwatch/altseek.html
or
http://tinyurl.com/t15m

3. It does not appear that Clapp offers much of anything that other
medical scammers don't.
Mostly eye of newt and toe of frog, I think.

Since George claims to believe that there is a purposeful lack of
standardized diagnoses (whose purpose, why, what diagnoses?), if I
interpret his turgid language correctly, perhaps he will undertake to
correct this omission. Standing by.....

Regards,

Steve J

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not
sure about the universe."
-- Albert Einstein

George Conklin

Jul 20, 2006, 7:41:04 PM7/20/06

"Steve Jordan" <mycro...@cox.net> wrote in message

Ok, so he is a quack. But that is not what I was addressing. Even
so-called 'certified' procedures remain poorly evaluated. The money is in
the treatment, NOT the result.

docs...@hotmail.com

Jul 21, 2006, 11:40:02 PM7/21/06
Thank God for Quackwatch. Clapp is not just a quack, he is a crook.
(One of very many I am afraid.) Too many people fall for his kind of
line and end up dead (and their families impoverished.) . Granted, so
do people who take standard medical treatments, but the track record
for the latter is a tad better than for that of Clapp and his ilk.
(And there are scientific studies in reputable journals to support
this.) Cancer is deadly and hard to cure even in the best of
scenarios. As long as that remains true, there will be room for the
cockroaches to crawl out of the woodwork and spread their false
promises.

I have even learned to be leery of approaches that are far less crooked
than Clapp's, such as well-meaning nutritional approaches which in the
end (and not counting the extremes of a really lousy diet) may make
only a tiny difference in the face of cancer ...

docs...@hotmail.com

george conklin

Jul 22, 2006, 7:17:36 AM7/22/06

<docs...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Thank God for Quackwatch. Clapp is not just a quack, he is a crook.
> (One of very many I am afraid.) Too many people fall for his kind of
> line and end up dead (and their families impoverished.) . Granted, so
> do people who take standard medical treatments, but the track record
> for the latter is a tad better than for that of Clapp and his ilk.
> (And there are scientific studies in reputable journals to support
> this.) Cancer is deadly and hard to cure even in the best of
> scenarios. As long as that remains true, there will be room for the
> cockroaches to crawl out of the woodwork and spread their false
> promises.
>
> I have even learned to be leery of approaches that are far less crooked
> than Clapp's, such as well-meaning nutritional approaches which in the
> end (and not counting the extremes of a really lousy diet) may make
> only a tiny difference in the face of cancer ...

Ok, so he is a quack.

Elton Fan

Jul 22, 2006, 11:16:01 PM7/22/06

Thanks Ed and to the others for the advice. I thought his self-cure
claim appeared bogus. I like the idea of using phytotherapy to improve
one's health; however, there are too many quacks trying to profit off
of the hopes of people using claims for which there is no scientific
support.

Elton Fan

Jul 22, 2006, 11:18:47 PM7/22/06

Steve Jordan wrote:

> 1. Clapp promotes medical nostrums. He is not a medical doctor. He is a
> lawyer (kyrie eleison!). He holds a PhD, for whatever it's worth, from
> an outfit called Galien University Tutorial College (mail-order degrees,
> anyone?). It was formerly known as Galien College of Natural Healing. It
> was based upon his "years of research" into what he's selling.
>
> I'll bet that I can buy a PhD just as good as his within 24 hours -- if
> someone else would pay the fee. George?

LOL! I knew he was not a medical doctor, but I did not know his "PhD"
came from such an unknown institution. I could not even find a
web-site for this "school" anywhere. It's probably nothing more than a
vegetable garden in someone's backyard and the degree is not even worth
the paper it is printed on.

NICK

Aug 12, 2006, 10:39:14 PM8/12/06
Elton Fan wrote:
> LOL! I knew he was not a medical doctor, but I did not know his "PhD"
> came from such an unknown institution.

Sam Houston Institute of Technology?

Frankfort University of Central Kentucky?

Barbara Harris

Sep 7, 2006, 9:15:33 PM9/7/06
Clapp was diagnosed with PC in 1989, and still around with no absolute
conventional intervention, i.e no surgery or rads or chemo intervention,
after 17 years, and happen to know that his quality of life is lot better
than any of those who have undertaken the inclusion of the surgical knife at
the hands of their greedy surgeon. RP survival is around 11 years, from the
VA study, with a host of complications thru out that time. 17 years is
pretty damm good, if I should say so.
"Elton Fan" <elton...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Ed Friedman

Sep 8, 2006, 4:44:58 PM9/8/06
Barbara Harris wrote:
> Clapp was diagnosed with PC in 1989, and still around with no absolute
> conventional intervention, i.e no surgery or rads or chemo intervention,
> after 17 years, and happen to know that his quality of life is lot better
> than any of those who have undertaken the inclusion of the surgical knife at
> the hands of their greedy surgeon. RP survival is around 11 years, from the
> VA study, with a host of complications thru out that time. 17 years is
> pretty damm good, if I should say so.

Barbara,

Do you have any references for your statement that "RP survival is
around 11 years"? Whitmore Jr. published a study on survival rates back
before PSA was used and found that after 10 years, only 10% of RP
patients and 15% of watchful waiting (WW) patients died of prostate
cancer. So rather than 17 years being "pretty damn good", it is what
should be expected to happen to the majority of prostate cancer patients
who don't treat their disease.

Ed

allan...@gmail.com

Sep 1, 2014, 12:39:45 PM9/1/14
Hi All
Does anyone know what has happened to the http://www.prostate90.com website as it seems to have been taken over by a penis enlargement site?
Thanks
Allan

peterdi...@gmail.com

Nov 17, 2014, 4:59:14 PM11/17/14
Larry Clapp died of prostate cancer in 2007, despite his own advise. Do any of you have proof Larry's alive.

pet...@bulldoghome.com

Feb 21, 2016, 3:40:46 AM2/21/16
Yes I have, I was diagonosed in 2000 & now 15 years later I'm still going. After folllowing Larry Clapp's book "Prostate Health in 90 Days" my PSA which had been going up 1 point a month for 6 months & reached 16, it came down to 9.9 in 3 months. THe oncologist just said "that's unusual" when he sa the sudden reversal from rise to fall!
If that's quackary I'm very grateful for it. So find out the facts before running anything down!

Phillip Helbig (undress to reply)

Feb 21, 2016, 6:09:08 AM2/21/16
In article <9f16f0c3-1ce9-40af...@googlegroups.com>,
pet...@bulldoghome.com writes:

> On Thursday, July 20, 2006 at 7:57:13 AM UTC+1, Elton Fan wrote:
> > Has anyone in this group found any success following the ideas of Dr.
> > Larry Clapp?
> >
> > http://www.prostate90.com
>
> Yes I have, I was diagonosed in 2000 & now 15 years later I'm still going.
> After folllowing Larry Clapp's book "Prostate Health in 90 Days" my PSA
> which had been going up 1 point a month for 6 months & reached 16, it came
> down to 9.9 in 3 months. THe oncologist just said "that's unusual" when he
> saw the sudden reversal from rise to fall!
> If that's quackary I'm very grateful for it. So find out the facts before
> running anything down!

http://www.prostate90.com advertizes penis-enlargement pills. Which, if
any, of the following is true:

o They have the side effect of reducing PSA.

o The URL formerly pointed to a website about reducing PSA.

o The post quoted above is spam.

jmscr...@gmail.com

Mar 12, 2020, 4:15:40 PM3/12/20
and now you have hit the heart of problem with medicine in America, one word, money, my quack doctor a Urologist out of the medical school, Univ of Chicago, the only thing this quacke wants to do with me is get me in the OR and cut my prostate out, he wanted to do a biopsy, I told no and had an MRI, results, no signs of cancer, if this clown takes me into the OR that's a $20,000.00 day for him