Any experience with Urolift procedure

root

Jan 15, 2021, 4:53:30 PM1/15/21
I was thinking about the green light laser treatment until
I found out about Urolift. Before I consent to Urolift
I would appreciate any comments from followers of
this news group.

Thanks.

Harold Veeder

Jan 16, 2021, 2:36:57 PM1/16/21
I have not had Urolift, but did have PAE (prostate artery embolization ). The IV (interventional radiologist) who preformed the procedure did not think much of Urolift. In case you have not heard of PAE, it is a procedure where a radiologist places tiny beads in the arteries feeding the prostate, causing it to shrink. Mine went from 75 mg to 35 mg. The day after the procedure it felt like I had a bladder infection, but after that it was all up hill.

Beemer

Jan 17, 2021, 10:25:54 PM1/17/21
Urolift won't work if you have a really large prostate. Mine was 105 and that is too large. I THINK the limit was 80cc.

root

Jan 19, 2021, 9:44:43 AM1/19/21
Harold Veeder <hbv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have not had Urolift, but did have PAE (prostate artery embolization ). The IV (interventional radiologist) who preformed the procedure did not think much of Urolift. In case you have not heard of PAE, it is a procedure where a radiologist places tiny beads in the arteries feeding the prostate, causing it to shrink. Mine went from 75 mg to 35 mg. The day after the procedure it felt like I had a bladder infection, but after that it was all up hill.
Thanks for responding.

root

Jan 19, 2021, 9:47:44 AM1/19/21
Beemer <r60s...@gmail.com> wrote:

Yes, I am going in for an ultrasound test tomorrow
and possibly a ciscoscopy in a couple of weeks to
see if I would benefit.

Thanks for responding.

Harold Veeder

Jan 19, 2021, 3:04:05 PM1/19/21
Wishing you a good outcome.

root

Jan 21, 2021, 9:35:30 AM1/21/21
Harold Veeder <hbv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Wishing you a good outcome.

Thanks. I was surprised that my prostate was only 52 grams.
That means I am eligible for the Urolift procedure.
I asked about the PAE procedure and was told that no
urologist around me does PAE.

I get a cystoscopy on Feb 16.

Anon Anon

Jan 29, 2021, 10:38:46 AM1/29/21
My urologist pooh poohed the Urolift procedure when I brought it up.
Both for me specifically and in general.

He said basically that it's not quite ready fro prime time yet and that
patients are having lots of issues.

root

Jan 29, 2021, 10:07:49 PM1/29/21
Anon Anon <nos...@nowhere.net> wrote:

> My urologist pooh poohed the Urolift procedure when I brought it up.
> Both for me specifically and in general.
>
> He said basically that it's not quite ready fro prime time yet and that
> patients are having lots of issues.

Thanks for responding. I was hoping to hear from people
that underwent the procedure. I doubt a urologist would
say anything favorable about a procedure not done by him.
Someone suggested the PAE earlier and I asked my urologist
and he said nobody does that around here.