What do you think of these health tips?

1 view

Evrum Delen

Sep 4, 2009, 7:34:59 AM9/4/09
Any doctors on here? If so, what do you think of these health tips
below?

1. Eat uncooked food one day each week.

2. Fast at least three meals a week.

3. Do not eat fast.

4. Do not drink things real hot or real cold.

5. Do not drink liquids with your meals.

6. Drink your fruit juices at least forty-five minutes before you eat
and wait at least two hours after you eat before you drink fruit
juices or vegetable juices.

7. DO NOT eat starches, sugar, or sweet fruits such as raisins,
dates,
and figs with meats or fruits such as grapefruit, oranges, lemons,
apples, pears, peaches, etc.

8. Avoid fried foods, gravies, hot sauces, and black pepper.

9. Drink a lot of pure water.

10. Do not eat late at night.

11. Since food is sanctified by the Word of God and prayer, quote a
verse of Scripture and always ask the Lord to bless the food.

12. Young people, remember that a good complexion does not come out
of
a jar or a bottle, but out of your stomach. A healthy outside comes
from a healthy inside.

13. Make your own toothpaste out of salt and soda. The dentist will
tell you this is safer and better for your teeth. [Note: We consider
ToothSoap to be a much healthier choice that salt and baking soda. -
Eds]

14. Take a good fast walk every day, concentrating on breathing
deeply. It's better to walk early in the morning when things are
fresh
and you get your purest air.

15. Wear the most comfortable shoes if you want healthy feet.

16. Do not wear clothes that interfere with the circulation.

17. Do not be afraid of sunshine. There is healing in it.

18. Sleep on a hard bed and learn to sleep on your back. Your
framework is in your back, but if you sleep on your stomach or side,
you are likely to impair the organs of your body and many times
develop cricks in your neck and in your arms. I would rather sleep
three hours on a hard bed than four on a soft bed.

19. Do not sleep in a room with the gas turned on because it will
burn
out the oxygen. Keep plenty of fresh air in the room.

20. Try to be asleep by ten o'clock and not later than eleven. One
hour before midnight is worth two after midnight.

21. Do not be deceived either by the advertisements or by the great
intellects. Good food and good health habits really work. Find out
what your body needs and faithfully provide it.

22. Don't compare money or time with health. Health is priceless.

They are from lester Roloff.

Happy Oyster

Sep 4, 2009, 8:31:17 AM9/4/09
On Fri, 4 Sep 2009 04:34:59 -0700 (PDT), Evrum Delen <atheis...@live.com>
wrote:

That is crap.
--
Interview mit dem Autor der "Reimbibel"
Kultur und Wissen

Jerry

Sep 4, 2009, 4:43:31 PM9/4/09
On Sep 4, 5:34 am, Evrum Delen <atheist_k...@live.com> wrote:
> Any doctors on here? If so, what do you think of these health tips
> below?
I'm not a doctor but I will respond.

Doctors are not necessarily interested in health. Doctors make money
from disease, not health.

> 1. Eat uncooked food one day each week.

Part of the day's eats? Or the whole day's eats? 6 days nothing but
cooked?

Some people eat nothing but uncooked every day. I ate nothing but
uncooked (95-99%) for a few years.

> 2. Fast at least three meals a week.

What is a fast? To me a fast is air and water and sleep, no food.

What is a meal? I don't eat regular meals, so for me skipping a meal
has no meaning.

What is wrong with: eat when hungry, don't eat when not hungry?

> 3. Do not eat fast.

Probably correct, but I don't think it's a big enough deal to make a
rule about it. If you take the time to enjoy the food, you will not
eat fast.

> 4. Do not drink things real hot or real cold.

Probably correct. Frozen blueberries temporarily makes my digestion
bad.

> 5. Do not drink liquids with your meals.

What else can one drink besides liquids?

The idea is liquids dilute digestive juices. But I think this rule can
be bent without harm. If the meal is dry it might make you thirsty.
Maybe you need water to make digestive juices.

> 6. Drink your fruit juices at least forty-five minutes before you eat
> and wait at least two hours after you eat before you drink fruit
> juices or vegetable juices.

A better rule (which somewhat implies this one) is take fruits (and
fruit juices) alone. Don't mix fruits (and fruit juices) with other
foods.

> 7. DO NOT eat starches, sugar, or sweet fruits such as raisins,
> dates,
> and figs with meats or fruits such as grapefruit, oranges, lemons,
> apples, pears, peaches, etc.

This is one of many food combining rules. The idea is to avoid clashes
of processes of digestion. Rather than saying categorically "DO NOT",
it is more accurate to say that food combinations can be classified as
excellent, good, fair, poor. And a food combination can be move up or
down 1 step according to whether you have good digestion or poor
digestion.

> 8. Avoid fried foods, gravies, hot sauces, and black pepper.

There are many things to avoid.

> 9. Drink a lot of pure water.

If one eats lots of fruits and veggies, it will have a lot of water in
it. It is possible to eat a water-sufficient diet. I know because I
used to eat a water-sufficient diet. It is possible to go for months
with drinking anything and without thirst or dehydration.

> 10. Do not eat late at night.

A better rule is to eat when you are hungry and to not eat when you
are hungry, regardless of time of day or night.

> 11. Since food is sanctified by the Word of God and prayer, quote a
> verse of Scripture and always ask the Lord to bless the food.

I happen to not believe in God.

> 12. Young people, remember that a good complexion does not come out
> of
> a jar or a bottle, but out of your stomach. A healthy outside comes
> from a healthy inside.

A more general rule (a superset of this rule) is health does not come
from drugs but from healthful living.

> 13. Make your own toothpaste out of salt and soda. The dentist will
> tell you this is safer and better for your teeth. [Note: We consider
> ToothSoap to be a much healthier choice that salt and baking soda. -
> Eds]

With a correct diet you are supposed to not need toothpaste.

> 14. Take a good fast walk every day, concentrating on breathing
> deeply. It's better to walk early in the morning when things are
> fresh
> and you get your purest air.

There are many ways to get physical activity.

In a city the purest air might be in the morning. Cities are not the
healthiest places to live.

> 15. Wear the most comfortable shoes if you want healthy feet.

I doubt that many people wear uncomfortable shoes or have problems
with feet.

> 16. Do not wear clothes that interfere with the circulation.

Shelton says avoid belts like snakes.

> 17. Do not be afraid of sunshine. There is healing in it.

Vitamin D deficiency contributes to cancer. But one problem with
getting sunshine is the cancer industry will lose business. It is a
huge industry. Do we really want the cancer industry to fold?

> 18. Sleep on a hard bed and learn to sleep on your back. Your
> framework is in your back, but if you sleep on your stomach or side,
> you are likely to impair the organs of your body and many times
> develop cricks in your neck and in your arms. I would rather sleep
> three hours on a hard bed than four on a soft bed.

Why do you need a bed? I sleep on the floor like a dog and have been
doing so for 8 years.

> 19. Do not sleep in a room with the gas turned on because it will
> burn
> out the oxygen. Keep plenty of fresh air in the room.

What if you need the gas turned on so the place is warm enough so you
can sleep?

Ideally you shouldn't use gas. Cook or heat the place with something
that doesn't use the oxygen in the place.

> 20. Try to be asleep by ten o'clock and not later than eleven. One
> hour before midnight is worth two after midnight.

What if you work the night shift?

Sleep is sleep.

> 21. Do not be deceived either by the advertisements or by the great
> intellects. Good food and good health habits really work. Find out
> what your body needs and faithfully provide it.

Do not trust the FDA (Fraud and Deception Administration) or the AMA
(American Murder Association). Do not worship MDs (Medical Deities).

Health care is self care.

> 22. Don't compare money or time with health. Health is priceless.

A philosopher wrote:
"... from this it follows that the greatest of all follies is to
sacrifice our health for whatever it may be, for gain, for profit,
promotion, learning, or fame, not to mention sensual and other
fleeting pleasures; rather we should give first place to health." --
Parerga and paralipomena: short philosophical essays, Volume 1
By Arthur Schopenhauer

Mark Thorson

Sep 4, 2009, 5:54:21 PM9/4/09
Evrum Delen wrote:

> They are from lester Roloff.

Quoting from:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lester_Roloff

The Texas Attorney General's office began investigating
reports of violent beatings, starvation, and torture at
the Roloff Homes in 1971. Roloff denied the charges,
and went to jail rather than let the homes be inspected.
In spite of several trials, only one Roloff staffer was
found guilty of child abuse, and this only happened
after Lester Roloff died.

Some of the homes were temporarily closed in 1973, but
re-opened the following year after Roloff successfully
appealed to the Texas Supreme Court. Roloff at one point
transferred ownership of the homes from Roloff
Evangelistic Enterprises to his church, the People's
Baptist Church, forcing the state to sue the "new"
owners, and keeping the homes running. The Attorney
General refiled the case, forcing an injunction that
tried to shut the ministry down. In 1975, the State of
Texas passed laws that required licensing of youth homes.
Roloff was arrested twice for refusing to comply with
this law.

Mark Thorson

Sep 4, 2009, 6:13:30 PM9/4/09
Evrum Delen wrote:

> They are from lester Roloff.

Quoting from:
http://www.isaccorp.org/vca/lester-roloff.11.17.02.html

By the time the Rebekah Home for Girls and Anchor Home
for Girls came to Missouri in 1985, the reform schools
had been the subject of 12 years of court battles.

The schools, which Roloff opened in Corpus Christi in
1967, caught the attention of investigators in 1973,
when visiting parents reported seeing a girl whipped
at the school. According to news reports, 16 girls at
the school told investigators they had been whipped,
paddled, handcuffed and in some cases confined to
"cells."

Court battles followed, and at one point, Roloff was
jailed for refusing to follow court-ordered reforms.
Supporters rallied behind Roloff for years, but
ultimately Texas forced the reform schools out.

Here, the Roloff ministry found favorable laws and
a convenient location outside Kansas City. Boys and
girls occupied unused space at Richards-Gebaur Airport
and nearby Calvary Baptist College.

Over the next 18 months, police and prosecutors began
hearing allegations of abuse from teens who had run
away from the school. According to news reports in
the Kansas City Times, a 16-year-old turned up at a
hospital with a broken wrist, claiming he had been
beaten when he tried to escape.

trigonometry1972@gmail.com |

Sep 5, 2009, 5:11:52 PM9/5/09

Some are good directly and indirectly. And some
are flat out wrong. There is nothing wrong with
red pepper sauce. Suggestions 2 and 3 conflict.
There is nothing wrong with eating late if one
doesn't have other problems. If one digestion
is so bad as to require a gap between bedtime
and a snack, the person has other problems
that need addressing by way of alternative
medicine i.e. digestive supplements such
as betaine hydrochloride with pepsin in
sufficient doses as an example.