Bang On My Drum

ironjustice

Jul 16, 2008, 10:50:18 AM7/16/08
Published ahead of print on April 23, 2008
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 3: 1022-1027, 2008
(c) 2008 American Society of Nephrology
doi: 10.2215/CJN.04491007

Clinical Nephrology

Rust Urine after Intense Hand Drumming Is Caused by Extracorpuscular
Hemolysis
Diego Tobal*, Alicia Olascoaga, Gabriela Moreira, Melania Kurdián*,
Fernanda Sanchez, Maria Roselló*, Walter Alallón, Francisco Gonzalez
Martinez*, and Oscar Noboa*,
* Centro de Nefrología, Laboratorio Clínico, Departamento de
Fisiopatología, Hospital de Clínicas, Facultad de Medicina Universidad
de la República, Montevideo, Uruguay

Correspondence: Dr. Oscar Noboa, Depto de Fisiopatología Hospital de
Clinicas, Avda Italia s/n 11609, Montevideo, Uruguay. Phone/Fax:
5982-4809850; E-mail: ono...@hc.edu.uy

Background and objectives: During Carnival, groups of 60 drummers go
drumming with their hands and marching for periods of 2 to 4 h. The
objective of this study was to determine the frequency and type of
urinary abnormalities after candombe drumming and to evaluate possible
pathogenic mechanisms.

Design, setting, participants, & measurements: For analysis of
pathogenic mechanisms, a group of individuals were prospectively
evaluated before and after candombe drumming.

Methods: Candombe drummers were recruited in January 2006, 1 wk before
prolonged drumming. After clinical evaluation, urine and blood samples
were obtained before and immediately after drumming.

Results: Forty-five healthy individuals (four women and 41 men),
median age 31 yr (14 to 56), were evaluated. Predrumming urine and
plasma samples were obtained for 30 individuals. Nineteen (42%) of 45
had a previous history of rust urine emission temporally related with
candombe drumming. After drumming, 18 of 26 showed urine
abnormalities; six of 26 showed rust urine, eight of 26 had
microhematuria, and seven of 26 had proteinuria >1 g/L. The candombe
drummers who showed rust urine after heavy drumming presented
significantly higher levels of lactate dehydrogenase and total
bilirubin when compared with those without urine abnormalities.
Haptoglobin was significantly lower in the rust urine group.
Fragmented red cells were observed in the blood smear of individuals
with rust urine. Rust urine after drumming was associated with
previous episodes of rust urine and glucosuria.

Conclusions: Taken together, these data confirm that rust urine is
caused by extracorpuscular hemolysis.
--------------------------------
Med Sci Monit. 2008 Jan;14(1):CS1-4. Links
Myoglobinuria caused by exertional rhabdomyolysis misdiagnosed as
psychiatric illness.
Banasik M, Kuźniar J, Kusztal M, Porazko T, Weyde W, Klinger M.
Department of Nephrology and Transplantation Medicine, Wrocław Medical
University, Wrocław, Poland. m.ba...@interia.pl

BACKGROUND:
Rhabdomyolysis is severe and acute skeletal muscle damage resulting in
sarcolemma disruption. During injury, intracellular muscle contents
are released into the plasma. The consequences may cause hypovolemia,
electrolyte abnormalities, compartment syndrome, or even acute renal
failure and dialysis. CASE REPORT:
We present the history of a patient in whom exertional rhabdomyolysis
was misdiagnosed. A 20-year-old male police recruit was admitted to a
psychiatric hospital because of complaints about black urine and
severe thigh pain.
Serum creatinine kinase (CK) was significantly elevated at 87,335 U/
l.
Urinalysis showed brown color and cloudiness.
Serum myoglobin was also significantly increased.
Aspartate aminotransferase was elevated as was alanine
aminotransferase. Immediate intravascular fluid hydration and hospital
rest under renal, metabolic, and hematological monitoring was
performed.
CONCLUSIONS:
Gymnastic teachers and people at environmental risk of rhabdomyolysis,
such as members of the armed forces, police, and supervisors of
physical laborers, need to remember the risks of intensive and
repetitive exercise.
Symptoms such as dark urine, myalgia, and muscle weakness should
immediately arouse suspicion of rhabdomyolysis.
Especially dark-colored urine should always be investigated for the
occurrence of rhabdomyolysis.

PMID: 18172418 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Who loves ya.
Tom

Jesus Was A Vegetarian!
http://tinyurl.com/2r2nkh

Man Is A Herbivore!
http://tinyurl.com/4rq595

DEAD PEOPLE WALKING
http://tinyurl.com/zk9fk

ironjustice

Jul 16, 2008, 11:15:03 AM7/16/08
On Jul 16, 7:50 am, ironjustice <teamtan...@hotmail.com> wrote:
Rhabdomyolysis <<

Deduction using reason .. logic .. science.

Rhabdomyolysis is caused by exercise.
Exercise causes hemolysis.
Snake venom causes Rhabdomyolysis.
Snake venom causes hemolysis.
Hemolysis Causes Rust Urine
Rhabdomyolysis Causes Rust Urine

Voila ..

http://members.tripod.com/~baggas/rhabdo.html

Who loves ya.
Tom

Jesus Was A Vegetarian!
http://tinyurl.com/2r2nkh

Man Is A Herbivore!
http://tinyurl.com/4rq595

DEAD PEOPLE WALKING
http://tinyurl.com/zk9fk

By > Published ahead of print on April 23, 2008

> Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 3: 1022-1027, 2008
> (c) 2008 American Society of Nephrology
> doi: 10.2215/CJN.04491007

> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------­-----

> Banasik M, Ku¼niar J, Kusztal M, Porazko T, Weyde W, Klinger M.
> Department of Nephrology and Transplantation Medicine, Wroc³aw Medical
> University, Wroc³aw, Poland. m.bana...@interia.pl

fer...@ironcity.com

Jul 16, 2008, 12:06:04 PM7/16/08
Obviously "Rust Urine" is a specific regional medical idiom and not a
universal clinical term used in medicine. Doing a search on the term
finds only the article mentioned. So what is it and why does mr. justice
piss his pants to find it?

It means kidny damage and the passing of red blood cells because of it
which causes red-brown urine, so says the full article.

Why piss his pants? Because he imagines "rust" forming in the blood from
excess iron intake as a common process. This does not happen.

The iron notion is dead as a dodo as has been demonstrated many times.
The only clinical evidence of "rust" in the body is the obsessive
compulsive paranoid fear of it.

Jesus ate a mediterranean diet.

ironjustice

Jul 16, 2008, 1:41:57 PM7/16/08
On Jul 16, 9:06 am, ferr...@ironcity.com wrote: snip <<

Dedeuce .. something .. again ..

I rather enjoyed it ..

How about this .. try your deductive .. skills ..

What color is blood.
What color is your urine if there is blood in it.
What color is your urine if you have Rhabdomyolysis.
What color is your urine if there is hemolysis.
What color is your urine if you bang your drum all .. day .. long.

What does banging your drum cause.

What color is your urine when you are snake bit.
What does snake bit cause.
What kind of snake bit ya.
Was it a big snake.
What color was the snake.

Are YOU .. a .. snake .. ?

Heh .. heh ..

Fell pretty good for that one .. didn't ya .. ya schizo ..

Who loves ya.
Tom

Jesus Was A Vegetarian!
http://tinyurl.com/2r2nkh

Man Is A Herbivore!
http://tinyurl.com/4rq595

DEAD PEOPLE WALKING
http://tinyurl.com/zk9fk

What color is your urine when you have a severe beating.
What color is your urine when

.

fer...@ironcity.com

Jul 16, 2008, 2:09:13 PM7/16/08
"Dedeuce .. something .. again .."

Ok, since you ask so nicely here it is again:

ironjustice

Jul 16, 2008, 5:25:43 PM7/16/08
On Jul 16, 11:09 am, ferr...@ironcity.com wrote:
"Dedeuce .. something .. again .." <<

Ok, since you ask so nicely here it is again:

You didn't dedeuce .. nothing ..

I can't see what .. you .. dedeuced ..

Maybe you should put in brackets THAT which you have dedeuced ..

I cannot find it ..

Point it out ..

Follow my lead ..

Make sure you dooo .. because you are learning from the .. best ..

Deduction using reason .. logic .. science.

------------------------

Rhabdomyolysis is caused by exercise.
Exercise causes hemolysis.
Snake venom causes Rhabdomyolysis.
Snake venom causes hemolysis.
Hemolysis Causes Rust Urine
Rhabdomyolysis Causes Rust Urine

Voila ..

http://members.tripod.com/~baggas/rhabdo.html

--------------------

ironjustice

Jul 16, 2008, 5:27:07 PM7/16/08
hemolysis <<

-----------------------

Deduction using reason .. logic .. science.

Rhabdomyolysis is caused by exercise.
Exercise causes hemolysis.
Snake venom causes Rhabdomyolysis.
Snake venom causes hemolysis.
Hemolysis Causes Rust Urine
Rhabdomyolysis Causes Rust Urine

Voila ..

http://members.tripod.com/~baggas/rhabdo.html

fer...@ironcity.com

Jul 16, 2008, 6:16:59 PM7/16/08
"rust urine" is a term the article folk use to describe the color not the
content of urine passed with blood in it from kidney damage. Other
internal physical stress and damage can also cause blood to be passed in
urine.

Unlike the now entirely refuted iron causes alldisease because there is
divine punishment for eating meat notion, it does not say there is "rust"
as excess iron in blood. That notion is the invention entirely of one
person who can not support even the basic claims of the iron notion. He
sees what he wants to see in articles and doesn't understand most of them.
So when he saw the word "rust" he pissed his pants but it refers only to
color not excess iron levels.

The body has two main processes by which iron levels are maintained, the
crude idea "rust" could form is absurb and does not happen..

When looking at india where meat intake is low we find the world's
highestk rate of diabetes and heart disease and other disorders. In other
words, low meat goes in this case with highlevels of disease which is
backwards of what the iron notion would predict.

Rip iron notion.

fer...@ironcity.com

Jul 16, 2008, 6:29:21 PM7/16/08
Recall "rust urine" referes to the color it reminds the authors of, it
does not refer to the blood content from internal tissue damage which
results in passing blood in urine, not forming "rust". Which makes all
the examples of internal tissue damage below jibberish, only more of
[reasoning] mistaken for logic and what was really said and not what was
imagined:

"Rhabdomyolysis is caused by exercise.
Exercise causes hemolysis.
Snake venom causes Rhabdomyolysis.
Snake venom causes hemolysis.
Hemolysis Causes Rust Urine
Rhabdomyolysis Causes Rust Urine"

Low iron causes cognitive deficits, mental "rust".

ironjustice

Jul 16, 2008, 6:52:14 PM7/16/08
On Jul 16, 3:29 pm, ferr...@ironcity.com wrote: snip <<

You may think in your mind you have something to .. add .. but
evidentally .. you don't ..

Clinical Nephrology

Deduction using reason .. logic .. science.

Rhabdomyolysis is caused by exercise.
Exercise causes hemolysis.
Snake venom causes Rhabdomyolysis.
Snake venom causes hemolysis.
Hemolysis Causes Rust Urine
Rhabdomyolysis Causes Rust Urine

Voila ..

http://members.tripod.com/~baggas/rhabdo.html

fer...@ironcity.com

Jul 16, 2008, 7:12:57 PM7/16/08
"You may think in your mind you have something to .. add .. but
evidentally .. you don't .."

I have nothing to add beyond what the authors say they mean in the full
article by "rust urine",ie. reddish-brown blood found in urine from
internal tissue damage from physical exertion. It is a color descriptive
analogy not a reference to anything whatsoever having to do with "rust"
as in oxidized iron.

Doctors say "tarry feces" which does not mean an internal oil leak and
they say "milky urine" not having to do with product of a cow.

Get over it, you didn't understand this one either.

ironjustice

Jul 16, 2008, 7:53:23 PM7/16/08
On Jul 16, 4:12 pm, ferr...@ironcity.com wrote:snip <<

You may think in your mind you have something to .. add .. but
evidentally .. you don't ..

fer...@ironcity.com

Jul 16, 2008, 8:53:35 PM7/16/08
"You may think in your mind you have something to .. add .. but
evidentally .. you don't .."

That's correct, nothing beyond what they plainly said. They found blood
and other substances in urine which suggested internal tissue damage from
the exertion of the intense drumming. They did not find "rust" as
particles of oxidized iron one of them.

Here is their description of "rust urine:"

Urinary myoglobin causes a typical reddish-brown (port wine-like) color
that can also be related with hemoglobinuria.

Maybe we should call it "wine urine".

ironj...@aol.com

Jul 16, 2008, 10:14:19 PM7/16/08
On Jul 16, 5:53 pm, ferr...@ironcity.com wrote: snip <<

You may think in your mind you have something to .. add .. but
evidentally .. you don't ..

ironjustice

Jun 4, 2023, 10:00:50 AM6/4/23
Targeting Labile Iron-Mediated Ferroptosis Provides a Potential Therapeutic Strategy for Rhabdomyolysis-Induced Acute Kidney Injury
Haiying Zhu 1, Jie Cen 2, Chenggang Hong 1, Haiyang Wang 2, Yuanmei Wen 3, Qiaojun He 1 3 4 5, Yongping Yu 2 4, Ji Cao 1 3 4 5, Wenteng Chen 2 4
ACS Chem Biol. 2023 May 12.
PMID: 37172039 DOI: 10.1021/acschembio.2c00914
Abstract
Acute kidney injury (AKI) is a global health problem that occurs in a variety of clinical settings. Despite some advances in supportive clinical care, no medicinal intervention has been demonstrated to reliably prevent AKI thus far. Therefore, it is highly necessary to investigate the pathophysiology and mechanisms involved in AKI for the discovery of therapeutics. In the current study, a robust change in the level of renal malondialdehyde (MDA) and 4-hydroxynonenal (4-HNE) and elevated renal iron levels were observed in murine rhabdomyolysis-induced AKI (RM-AKI), which supports a pathogenic role of labile iron-mediated ferroptosis and provides a chance to utilize iron chelation for RM-AKI prevention. Given that the existing small molecule-based iron chelators did not show promising preventative effects against RM-AKI, we further designed and synthesized a new hydroxypyridinone-based iron chelator to potently inhibit labile iron-mediated ferroptosis. Lead compound AKI-02 was identified, which remarkably protected renal proximal tubular epithelial cells from ferroptosis as well as showed excellent iron chelation ability. Moreover, administration of AKI-02 led to renal function recovery, a result that was substantiated by the decreased contents of BUN and creatinine, as well as the reduced labile iron level and improved histopathology. Thus, our studies highlighted that targeting labile iron-mediated ferroptosis could provide therapeutic benefits against RM-AKI.