Covid infections down again to one in 50, says ONS

Michael Ejercito

May 20, 2022, 10:57:29 AM5/20/22
http://www.bbc.com/news/health-61524055

Covid infections down again to one in 50, says ONS
By Philippa Roxby
Health reporter

Published6 minutes agocommentsComments

Share
Related Topics
Coronavirus pandemic
People walking along Oxford Street
IMAGE SOURCE,GETTY IMAGES
Covid infections have fallen again to one in 50 people in the UK,
according to the latest estimates from the Office for National
Statistics (ONS).

That means around 1.27 million people had coronavirus in the week to 13
May - down 14% from the week before.

Infections have been coming down steeply since the end of March, after
the Omicron variant pushed up cases.

Over-65s and health and care staff are among groups to be offered a
vaccine in the autumn to top up protection.

Clinically vulnerable adults aged 16 to 64 will also be offered a Covid
jab ahead of the winter, when the virus could spread more widely.

A form of the Omicron variant of coronavirus, called BA.2, is the most
common cause of Covid, but two others - BA.4 and BA.5 - have now been
named 'variants of concern' by UK health officials.

"They are likely to have a growth advantage over BA.2," says the UK
Health Security Agency in its latest report on variants.

However, it cautions that this is based on a small number of cases, and
there is still a lot of uncertainty.

BA.4 and BA.5 are currently causing another Covid wave in South Africa.
In the UK, levels are very low.

UK infections continue to fall
Covid infections are now at their lowest level since mid-December, the
ONS says, based on swab tests of thousands of people in households
across the UK, whether they have symptoms or not.

Since free testing has now ended in England, and is restricted in
Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, the ONS survey is the most
accurate picture of the spread of Covid-19.

From the positive tests collected, the ONS estimates that infections
fell in all four UK nations in mid-May.

Current rates are:

one in 55 in England - down from one in 45 the week before
one in 40 in Wales - down from one in 35 the week before
one in 60 in Northern Ireland - down from one in 55 the week before
one in 45 in Scotland - down from one in 35 the week before
However, the ONS found that infections may no longer be falling in the
south-east and south-west of England. And among under-35s, the drop in
infections looks to be slowing down.

Sarah Crofts, head of analytical outputs for the Covid-19 Infection
Survey, said: "Today's figures continue to show a welcome decline in
infections across the UK, reaching their lowest point in England since
the start of December last year.

"While younger age groups continue to be the lowest infected, there are
early signs of the decrease slowing for under-35s.

"We will continue to monitor these patterns over the coming weeks, since
it is too early to say if this is part of a longer trend."

https://www.avg.com

HeartDoc Andrew

May 20, 2022, 11:20:12 AM5/20/22
The only *healthy* way to stop the pandemic, thereby saving lives, in
the U.K. & elsewhere is by rapidly ( http://bit.ly/RapidTestCOVID-19 )
finding out at any given moment, including even while on-line, who
among us are unwittingly contagious (i.e pre-symptomatic or
asymptomatic) in order to http://tinyurl.com/ConvinceItForward (John
15:12) for them to call their doctor and self-quarantine per their
doctor in hopes of stopping this pandemic. Thus, we're hoping for the
best while preparing for the worse-case scenario of the Alpha lineage
mutations and others like the Omicron, Gamma, Beta, Epsilon, Iota,
Lambda, Mu & Delta lineage mutations combining via
slip-RNA-replication to form hybrids like
http://tinyurl.com/Deltamicron that may render current COVID
vaccines/monoclonals/medicines/pills no longer effective.

Indeed, I am wonderfully hungry ( http://tinyurl.com/RapidOmicronTest
) and hope you, Michael, also have a healthy appetite too.

So how are you ?

HeartDoc Andrew <><
--
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
http://WonderfullyHungry.org

Michael Ejercito

May 20, 2022, 11:27:41 AM5/20/22
I am wonderfully hungry!

Michael

HeartDoc Andrew

May 20, 2022, 11:38:58 AM5/20/22
Michael Ejercito wrote:
8:3) us to hunger, I note that you, Michael, are rapture ready (Luke
17:37 means no COVID just as circling eagles don't have COVID) and
pray (2 Chronicles 7:14) that our Everlasting (Isaiah 9:6) Father in
Heaven continues to give us "much more" (Luke 11:13) Holy Spirit
(Galatians 5:22-23) so that we'd have much more of His Help to always
say/write that we're "wonderfully hungry" in **all** ways including
especially caring to http://tinyurl.com/ConvinceItForward (John 15:12
as shown by http://tinyurl.com/RapidOmicronTest ) with all glory (
http://bit.ly/Psalm112_1 ) to GOD (aka HaShem, Elohim, Abba, DEO), in
the name (John 16:23) of LORD Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Amen.

Laus DEO !

Suggested further reading:
https://groups.google.com/g/sci.med.cardiology/c/5EWtT4CwCOg/m/QjNF57xRBAAJ

Shorter link:
http://bit.ly/StatCOVID-19Test

http://bit.ly/HeartDocAndrew touts hunger (Luke 6:21a) with all glory
( http://bit.ly/Psalm112_1 ) to GOD, Who causes us to hunger
(Deuteronomy 8:3) when He blesses us right now (Luke 6:21a) thereby
removing the http://tinyurl.com/HeartVAT from around the heart