College Campuses Have the Craziest COVID-19 Restrictions of All Here's why that should terrify the rest of us, too.

Michael Ejercito

Sep 21, 2021, 11:30:23 PM9/21/21
http://www.reddit.com/r/COVIDrights/comments/psxdso/college_campuses_have_the_craziest_covid19/

College Campuses Have the Craziest COVID-19 Restrictions of All
Here's why that should terrify the rest of us, too.
ROBBY SOAVE | 9.21.2021 11:04 AM

dreamstime_xxl_184045450
(Syda Productions | Dreamstime.com)
Last week, Brown University implemented strict new COVID-19 mitigation
protocols following 82 confirmed positive (including asymptomatic) cases
among students.

Until the number of cases decreases, students are forbidden to gather in
groups of more than five, whether indoors or outdoors. They are no
longer permitted to eat in the cafeteria, and must instead pick up their
meals and eat elsewhere, keeping a mask on at all other times. But they
can't go out to eat at bars or restaurants; this is strictly prohibited.
The university doesn't want students to mingle with anyone from outside
the campus, but administrators would also prefer if students declined to
make new friends among their peers.

"Students are expected to consistently engage with the same small social
group, rather than attending or 'hopping' among multiple small-group
gatherings over the course of a day or short period of time," according
to the university.

Students will also be tested every four days.

It should be noted that the overwhelming majority of Brown University
teachers, staff, and students are vaccinated. Vaccination is a
requirement. Since vaccines offer excellent protection against severe
disease and death, COVID-19 outbreaks at Brown are unlikely to seriously
harm anyone.

"On a campus where the vast majority of students and faculty are fully
vaccinated, I think the university should instead return to something
near-normal," one student, Adam Shepardson, told Campus Reform.

This is a reasonable expectation. Campus environments, where the
populace skews younger and the vaccination rate is 90-plus percent, are
ideal places to ease into the post-pandemic reality: They are extremely
safe from the threats of mass death and crowded hospitals. University
authorities would be well-advised to treat the diminishing threat of
COVID-19 as an opportunity to lift restrictions, ease up on masking, and
let students enjoy the social and educational experiences they're paying
for.

Instead, something close to the opposite is happening: Far from
returning to normal at an accelerated rate, many colleges are
implementing some of the most authoritarian mitigation efforts out of
anywhere in the country. Harvard has encouraged students to keep "close
contacts to a minimum" and wear masks at all times; Yale instructed
students to wear masks in their own dorm rooms if any friends are
visiting; the University of Southern California prohibited all indoor
eating and drinking and asserted that if students need to hydrate during
class they should first leave the building.

"The exception to this rule is limited to instructors, who may briefly
hydrate while teaching but must re-mask immediately," said the dean of
USC's law school in an announcement.

In an effort to completely disrupt illicit socializing, Columbia
reprogrammed key cards so that they would only grant access to students'
individual residence halls. The campus is currently in the midst of a
"temporary" two-week ban on hanging out with other people.

Guidance from campus administrators is often authoritarian in tone.
Boston University's recent missives to students emphasize the need for
obedience to random testing requirements and warn that serious
punishment will occur "should you fail to become compliant."

Journalist Michael Tracey has been tracking COVID-19 restrictions on
campuses and notes that many administrators are creating vast
surveillance networks to keep students in line. "University of Michigan
requires all students/staff and visitors to acquire the 'ResponsiBLUE'
app which reveals their vaccination status and 'health screening'
results," he writes. "This must be presented on command when entering
facilities. There's every indication it will be made permanent."

One might have expected students to rebel against these measures: Many
campuses contain a loud and active contingent of injustice-minded
protesters. But if young people at Columbia, Harvard, and elsewhere are
fed up with mandatory masking and social distancing, they certainly
aren't saying so. In fact, some students seem to be eagerly reporting
each other for COVID-19 noncompliance. And at campuses where the
mitigation efforts are less militant, students have actually protested
the lack of enforcement. University of Iowa students recently held a
"die-in" to demand that the administration pause "all non-essential in
person events" and implement a mask mandate.

This is madness. Few people are safer from COVID-19 than vaccinated 18-
to 22-year-olds, yet campus administrators (and sometimes students) are
acting like any amount of non-masking or basic socializing is likely to
get people killed.

I've written quite a bit about cultural trends in higher education, and
how the illiberal values of campus activists have come to dominate all
professional spaces where elite opinion holds sway. Progressive young
people who view basic free speech principles with antipathy or even
disdain are in the process of fundamentally changing the workplace. "We
should look to the campus activist culture of the present to discover
what our broader culture might resemble a few years from now," I wrote
in a recent article for the Deseret News.

If recent history is any guide, we should be terrified that the current
crop of college students might leave campus possessed of the notion that
the most insane version of pandemic oppression is perfectly normal and
desirable.

https://www.avg.com

HeartDoc Andrew

Sep 22, 2021, 12:04:09 AM9/22/21
However, the professors, being advanced in age, are still at
significant risk of suffering breakthrough COVID-19 infections that
could either disable them or worse still kill them despite their being
fully vaccinated.

>Instead, something close to the opposite is happening: Far from
>returning to normal at an accelerated rate, many colleges are
>implementing some of the most authoritarian mitigation efforts out of
>anywhere in the country. Harvard has encouraged students to keep "close
>contacts to a minimum" and wear masks at all times; Yale instructed
>students to wear masks in their own dorm rooms if any friends are
>visiting; the University of Southern California prohibited all indoor
>eating and drinking and asserted that if students need to hydrate during
>class they should first leave the building.
>
>"The exception to this rule is limited to instructors, who may briefly
>hydrate while teaching but must re-mask immediately," said the dean of
>USC's law school in an announcement.

That is because the professors, being advanced in age, need to
rehydrate more frequently especially with their needing to do more
speaking than students during a class. Moreover, a professor leaving a
class to rehydrate is much more disruptive of the entire class than a
student leaving to rehydrate.
Sadly, the far right media, ever fearful of being called "fake" news
by TFG (aka hangry DJT) is given over to his hyperbole.

In the interim, the only *healthy* way to stop the pandemic, thereby
saving lives, in the U.S. & elsewhere is by rapidly (
http://bit.ly/RapidTestCOVID-19 ) finding out at any given moment,
including even while on-line, who among us are unwittingly contagious
(i.e pre-symptomatic or asymptomatic) in order to
http://bit.ly/convince_it_forward (John 15:12) for them to call their
doctor and self-quarantine per their doctor in hopes of stopping this
pandemic. Thus, we're hoping for the best while preparing for the
worse-case scenario of the Alpha lineage mutations and others like the
Gamma, Beta, Epsilon, Iota, Lambda, Mu & Delta lineage mutations
combining to form hybrids that render current COVID vaccines no longer
effective.

Indeed, I am wonderfully hungry ( http://bit.ly/RapidTestCOVID-19 )
and hope you, Michael, also have a healthy appetite too.

So how are you ?

HeartDoc Andrew <><
--
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Cardiologist with an http://HeartMDPhD.com/EternalMedicalLicense

Michael Ejercito

Sep 22, 2021, 11:01:45 AM9/22/21
So they have no confidence in the vaccine, then.
I am wonderfully hungry!

Michael

HeartDoc Andrew

Sep 22, 2021, 11:24:40 AM9/22/21
MichaelE wrote:
Being professors, they are knowledgeable about statistics and what it
means for vaccines to not be 100% protective **and** for there to be
waning immunity that is more pronounced when advanced in age.

Only the full armor (Ephesians 6:11) of GOD is 100% protective against
everything including COVID-19 even when advanced in age.

Moreover, they likely have both the access and the insight into the
meaning of data concerning COVID-19 outcomes as a function of
vaccination status.

For example:
https://kingcounty.gov/depts/health/covid-19/data/vaccination-outcomes.aspx
8:3) us to hunger, I note that you, Michael, not only don't have
COVID-19 but are rapture (Luke 17:37) ready and pray (2 Chronicles
7:14) that our Everlasting (Isaiah 9:6) Father in Heaven continues to
give us "much more" (Luke 11:13) Holy Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23) so
that we'd have much more of His Help to always say/write that we're
"wonderfully hungry" in **all** ways including especially caring to
http://bit.ly/convince_it_forward (John 15:12 as shown by
http://bit.ly/RapidTestCOVID-19 ) with all glory (
http://bit.ly/Psalm117_ ) to GOD (aka HaShem, Elohim, Abba, DEO), in
the name (John 16:23) of LORD Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Amen.

Laus DEO !

Suggested further reading:
https://groups.google.com/g/sci.med.cardiology/c/5EWtT4CwCOg/m/QjNF57xRBAAJ

Shorter link:
http://bit.ly/StatCOVID-19Test

http://HeartMDPhD.com/HeartDocAndrewToutsHunger (Luke 6:21a) with all
glory ( http://HeartMDPhD.com/Psalm117_ ) to GOD, Who causes us to
hunger (Deuteronomy 8:3) when He blesses us right now (Luke 6:21a)
thereby removing the http://HeartMDPhD.com/VAT from around the heart