The Best Summary Of The Wuhan Virus Ethics Train Wreck And Its Many Villains Yet, From City Journal

Michael Ejercito

Oct 2, 2023, 8:26:39 PM10/2/23
https://www.reddit.com/r/LockdownSkepticism/comments/16y29zv/the_best_summary_of_the_wuhan_virus_ethics_train/

The Best Summary Of The Wuhan Virus Ethics Train Wreck And Its Many
Villains Yet, From City Journal
OCTOBER 2, 2023 / JACK MARSHALL

And, as a bonus, a satisfying validation of Ethics Alarms’ decision to
always refer to the “Wuhan virus” rather than “Covid.”

James Meigs, a senior fellow at the Manhattan Institute, a contributing
editor of City Journal, and the former editor of Popular Mechanics has
written a thorough, fair and objective account of the entire pandemic
fiasco, which the Axis of Unethical Conduct still is trying to deny.
Here’s his final paragraph:

When scientists craft their scientific conclusions to political ends,
they are no longer practicing science. They have entered the political
fray. They shouldn’t be surprised when the public begins suspecting
political motives behind their other claims, as well. Public health
officials let political concerns and institutional biases influence
their statements and policies throughout the pandemic. And the media
eagerly served as handmaiden to these efforts. Americans started the
Covid-19 pandemic ready to make enormous sacrifices to protect their own
health and that of others. But our political leaders, health officials,
and media squandered that trust through years of capricious policies and
calculated dishonesty. It could take a generation or more to win it back.

The essay is long, but essential reading for any informed American. I
recommend sending it to all of your smug progressive friends, especially
any of the mug-using persuasion, and even more-so to the idiots still
wearing masks while alone in their cars.

Literally none of the information included in the article is new to me,
nor should it be news to anyone who has read Ethics Alarms over the past
three years. (The tag “Wuhan Virus Ethics Train Wreck” will take you to
almost all of the posts on the subject.) However, relatively few members
of the public read City Journal, (which is routinely superb), much less
Ethics Alarms. As I read this piece I was infuriated all over again, not
just at being reminded of how the nation came to cripple itself
economically, financially, educationally and socially ( never mind how
it came to wreck my personal business and financial security), but
because this wasn’t written by the “investigative journalists” of the
New York Times or Washington Post and featured as a front page story.

Here is another memorable selection from the article, also a depressing one:

The Covid-era collapse in ethical standards in science, government, and
journalism might have brought a period of re-examination and reflection.
For example, Watergate, 9/11, and the 2008 financial crisis all led to
major investigations and reforms. So far, however, the pandemic’s
polarized battle lines remain intact. Rather than re-examine their
mistakes, in fact, some elite institutions seem eager to
institutionalize the excesses of the period. In August, the Journal of
the American Medical Association published a study titled “Communication
of COVID-19 Misinformation on Social Media by Physicians in the US.” The
JAMA study examined various Covid claims made by several dozen doctors
with large social media followings and bemoaned “the absence of federal
laws regulating medical misinformation on social media platforms.” It
suggested that doctors who propagate misinformation should be subject to
“legal and professional recourse.”

What were the types of misinformation that might require such a
heavy-handed response? The study quoted some extreme anti-vaccination
theories and other far-out claims. But many of the topics it flagged as
“misinformation” fell well within the range of normal scientific or
political discourse. The authors wrote, for example: “Many physicians
focused on negative consequences related to children and mask mandates
in schools, claiming that masks interfered with social development.” The
JAMA authors also objected to the assertion that health officials
“censored information that challenged government messaging.” Of course,
as the Facebook and Twitter documents showed—and the U.S. 5th Circuit
recently concluded—that’s exactly what the government did. Finally, the
JAMA study flagged as misinformation the claim that Covid-19 originated
from a Chinese laboratory, which, it limply objects, “contradicted
scientific evidence at the time.” Imagine if the JAMA authors had their
way and medical experts were professionally and legally enjoined from
contradicting the scientific consensus on major health questions.
Without the ability to challenge popular viewpoints, scientists can’t
advance our state of knowledge. In such a world, the germ theory of
disease might still be dismissed as misinformation; doctors might still
be relying on leeches and neglecting to wash their hands.

Read it all. Circulate widely.

HeartDoc Andrew

Oct 2, 2023, 8:34:15 PM10/2/23
In the interim, we are 100% prepared/protected in the "full armor of
GOD" (Ephesians 6:11) which we put on as soon as we use
Apostle Paul's secret (http://bit.ly/Philippians4_12 ). Though masking
is less protective, it helps us avoid the appearance of doing the evil
of spreading airborne pathogens while there are people getting sick
because of not being 100% protected. It is written that we're to
"abstain from **all** appearance of doing evil" (1 Thessalonians 5:22
w/**emphasis**).

Source:
https://biblehub.com/1_thessalonians/5-22.htm

Meanwhile, the only *perfect* (Matt 5:47-8) way to eradicate the
COVID-19 virus, thereby saving lives, in the US & elsewhere is by
rapidly ( http://bit.ly/RapidTestCOVID-19 ) finding out at any given
moment, including even while on-line, who among us are unwittingly
contagious (i.e pre-symptomatic or asymptomatic) in order to
http://WDJW.great-site.net/ConvinceItForward (John 15:12) for them to
call their doctor and self-quarantine per their doctor in hopes of
stopping this pandemic. Thus, we're hoping for the best while
preparing for the worse-case scenario of the Alpha lineage mutations
and others like the Omicron, Gamma, Beta, Epsilon, Iota, Lambda, Mu &
Delta lineage mutations combining via slip-RNA-replication to form
hybrids like http://tinyurl.com/Deltamicron that may render current
COVID vaccines/monoclonals/medicines/pills no longer effective.

Indeed, I am wonderfully hungry ( http://tinyurl.com/RapidOmicronTest
) and hope you, Michael, also have a healthy appetite too.

So how are you ?

HeartDoc Andrew <><
--
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
http://WonderfullyHungry.org

Michael Ejercito

Oct 2, 2023, 9:12:58 PM10/2/23
I am wonderfully hungry!

Michael

HeartDoc Andrew

Oct 2, 2023, 9:16:57 PM10/2/23
Michael Ejercito wrote:
8:3) us to hunger, I note that you, Michael, are rapture ready (Luke
17:37 means no COVID just as eagles circling over their food have no
COVID) and pray (2 Chronicles 7:14) that our Everlasting (Isaiah 9:6)
Father in Heaven continues to give us "much more" (Luke 11:13) Holy
Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23) so that we'd have much more of His Help to
always say/write that we're "wonderfully hungry" in **all** ways
including especially caring to
http://WDJW.great-site.net/ConvinceItForward (John 15:12 as shown by
http://tinyurl.com/RapidOmicronTest ) with all glory (
http://bit.ly/Psalm112_1 ) to GOD (aka HaShem, Elohim, Abba, DEO), in
the name (John 16:23) of LORD Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Amen.

Laus DEO !

Suggested further reading:
https://groups.google.com/g/sci.med.cardiology/c/5EWtT4CwCOg/m/QjNF57xRBAAJ

Shorter link:
http://bit.ly/StatCOVID-19Test

http://bit.ly/HeartDocAndrew touts hunger (Luke 6:21a) with all glory
( http://bit.ly/Psalm112_1 ) to GOD, Who causes us to hunger
(Deuteronomy 8:3) when He blesses us right now (Luke 6:21a) thereby
removing the http://WDJW.great-site.net/VAT from around the heart