New Zealand extends Auckland lockdown in battle on Delta variant

Michael Ejercito

Oct 18, 2021, 10:53:19 AM10/18/21
http://www.reddit.com/r/LockdownSkepticism/comments/qaie28/new_zealand_extends_auckland_lockdown_in_battle/

New Zealand extends Auckland lockdown in battle on Delta variant
By Praveen Menon

2 minute read
New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern participates in a televised
debate with National leader Judith Collins at TVNZ in Auckland, New
Zealand, September 22, 2020. Fiona Goodall/Pool via REUTERS/File Photo
New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern participates in a televised
debate with National leader Judith Collins at TVNZ in Auckland, New
Zealand, September 22, 2020. Fiona Goodall/Pool via REUTERS/File Photo

WELLINGTON, Oct 18 (Reuters) - New Zealand's biggest city of Auckland
will retain its lockdown for two more weeks in the battle on the Delta
variant of coronavirus, as the country pushes to step up vaccinations,
Prime Minster Jacinda Ardern said on Monday.

Once the poster child for stamping out COVID-19, New Zealand is now
fighting a Delta outbreak that has spread across Auckland and
neighbouring regions despite tough lockdown and border closures.

Ardern said there would be no changes to social curbs, the toughest in
the OECD grouping of 34 leading economies, that have run for 62 days in
Auckland.

"Any interim easing of restrictions ... will not work towards our plan
of minimising cases while we increase vaccinations," Ardern told a news
conference.

One-on-one guidance from Schwab, available in Orange County
AD BY CHARLES SCHWAB
See More
Report ad
"But the biggest thing that will make a difference right now, alongside
vaccines, is that everyone continue to comply with restrictions."

The lockdown in the city of 1.7 million began in mid-August, in the
effort to halt the outbreak.

Some curbs were eased to let people leave home and meet loved ones
outdoors in groups limited to 10, as well as permitting visits to
beaches and parks.

But schools, businesses and offices remain shut, and gatherings indoors
are not allowed.

Sponsored by FTSE Russell, An LSEG Business
Get Q3 market insights from our analysts. Russell Indexes. Your index
matters.
Tech stocks are driving large-caps, financials are driving small-caps.
Get insights to help inform your strategies. Join our webinar, Tuesday,
Oct. 19, 2:00 PM EDT.
See more
Report ad
New Zealand's tally of infections in the current outbreak rose to 2,005
with Monday's 60 new community cases, consisting of 57 in Auckland and
three in the Waikato region.

The Pacific nation was among just a handful of countries to reach zero
COVID-19 cases last year, staying largely virus-free until the Delta
outbreak in August frustrated efforts to stamp out transmission.

Amid mounting political pressure to reopen the country and its economy,
Ardern switched from her tough elimination strategy to a model of
learning to live with the virus, much like rest of the world.

https://www.avg.com

HeartDoc Andrew

Oct 18, 2021, 11:01:09 AM10/18/21
The only *healthy* way to stop the pandemic, thereby saving lives, in
N.Z. & elsewhere is by rapidly ( http://bit.ly/RapidTestCOVID-19 )
finding out at any given moment, including even while on-line, who
among us are unwittingly contagious (i.e pre-symptomatic or
asymptomatic) in order to http://bit.ly/convince_it_forward (John
15:12) for them to call their doctor and self-quarantine per their
doctor in hopes of stopping this pandemic. Thus, we're hoping for the
best while preparing for the worse-case scenario of the Alpha lineage
mutations and others like the Gamma, Beta, Epsilon, Iota, Lambda, Mu &
Delta lineage mutations combining to form hybrids that render current
COVID vaccines/pills no longer effective.

Indeed, I am wonderfully hungry ( http://bit.ly/RapidTestCOVID-19 )
and hope you, Michael, also have a healthy appetite too.

So how are you ?

HeartDoc Andrew <><
--
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Cardiologist with an http://HeartMDPhD.com/EternalMedicalLicense

Michael Ejercito

Oct 18, 2021, 11:17:16 AM10/18/21
I am wonderfully hungry!

Michael

HeartDoc Andrew

Oct 18, 2021, 11:19:52 AM10/18/21
MichaelE wrote:
8:3) us to hunger, I note that you, Michael, not only don't have
COVID-19 but are rapture (Luke 17:37) ready and pray (2 Chronicles
7:14) that our Everlasting (Isaiah 9:6) Father in Heaven continues to
give us "much more" (Luke 11:13) Holy Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23) so
that we'd have much more of His Help to always say/write that we're
"wonderfully hungry" in **all** ways including especially caring to
http://bit.ly/convince_it_forward (John 15:12 as shown by
http://bit.ly/RapidTestCOVID-19 ) with all glory (
http://bit.ly/Psalm117_ ) to GOD (aka HaShem, Elohim, Abba, DEO), in
the name (John 16:23) of LORD Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Amen.

Laus DEO !

Suggested further reading:
https://groups.google.com/g/sci.med.cardiology/c/5EWtT4CwCOg/m/QjNF57xRBAAJ

Shorter link:
http://bit.ly/StatCOVID-19Test

http://HeartMDPhD.com/HeartDocAndrewToutsHunger (Luke 6:21a) with all
glory ( http://HeartMDPhD.com/Psalm117_ ) to GOD, Who causes us to
hunger (Deuteronomy 8:3) when He blesses us right now (Luke 6:21a)
thereby removing the http://HeartMDPhD.com/VAT from around the heart