Australia's COVID-19 cases and death rates currently among world's highest per capita

Michael Ejercito

Jul 25, 2022, 10:35:24 AM7/25/22
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-07-25/covid-19-stats-australia-death-rate-high/101266098

Australia's COVID-19 cases and death rates currently among world's
highest per capita
AM / By Annie Guest
Posted 12h ago12 hours ago, updated 10h ago10 hours ago
Health worker holds a swab for a test for COVID-19 at drive-through
testing clinic.
Epidemiologists are calling on people wear masks and get PCR tests to
stem the spread of COVID-19.(ABC News: Stefan Lowe)
Help keep family & friends informed by sharing this article

SHARE
Australia's COVID-19 cases and death rates were the third highest in the
world per capita during the past week, and the numbers are getting worse.

Key points:
Australia ranked third in cases per million people in the past seven days
Experts are pleading with the public to wear masks, get PCR tests if
symptomatic and get boosters
Health workers say they are bearing the the strain of the ongoing pandemic
The latest figures show more than 12,625 Australians have died with
COVID, and more than 5,000 are in hospital with the virus, including 159
in intensive care.

Professor Mike Toole, an epidemiologist from the Burnet Institute, said
Australia was probably in the worst phase of the pandemic.

"Ninety-five per cent of reported cases have been reported this year,
2022," he said.

Professor Toole has studied the latest international data and found that
Australia had some of the highest COVID-19-related numbers per capita.

"In the past seven days, Australia has ranked number three in cases per
million population," Professor Toole said.

"That excludes the very tiny islands like the Channel Islands and other
small places.

"We [also] ranked number three for deaths per capita, so much higher
than the US, UK, France, Germany."

Experts plead with public to wear masks
Australia does mandate masks in high-risk settings such as aged care,
hospitals and public transport but Professor Toole said it was not enough.

"If you look at other countries, a number of countries in Europe still
have stronger mask mandates than Australia, and they have a lot higher
compliance," he said.

What you need to know about coronavirus:
The symptoms
The number of cases in Australia
Tracking Australia's vaccine rollout
Which masks are best and is it OK to reuse them?
Professor Toole pointed to a Burnet Institute study that showed
mask-wearing doubled when Victoria first made it compulsory in 2020.

"The messaging out there is very very confusing," he said, arguing
Australians were not getting clear signals on mask-wearing and other
precautionary measures.

Omicron fuels COVID-19 reinfections
When Lyndall recovered from her second COVID infection, she thought she
had months of immunity. Just six weeks later, she was battling the virus
again.

A woman in a green top sitting in her living room
Read more
"[We need] strong public health messaging that if you have the slightest
symptoms, do a RAT test. If it's negative, go out and get a PCR test.

"The other thing they must do is get boosters. Two doses is not enough."

Chief Medical Officer Paul Kelly released a statement saying the advice
was clear — people should wear masks in crowded indoor environments
beyond their homes.

'Relentless' toll on health workers
Health workers have felt the strain perhaps more than anyone.

As the pandemic stretches on, doctors and nurses are becoming burnt out
by the ongoing burden on the health system.

Read more about the spread of COVID-19:
What we know about the new COVID subvariant BA.2.75, or 'Centaurus'
How likely are you to get COVID-19 again?
Fears outbreaks could be 'similar or greater' than Omicron in aged care
Kylie Ward, the chief executive of the Australian College of Nursing,
said she was very concerned about health workers.

"They've been giving now for years and it's been relentless and this is
our third winter," she said.

"It's not only their physical health but their emotional health and
mental health and wellbeing I'm concerned about.

"I have raised concerns about moral injury and the stress that the
profession is under."

She said healthcare workers deserved empathy.

"We don't have enough nurses, and those that we do have must be well
over exhausted now," she said.

"So, please be patient, be kind, wear masks, wash hands and practice
really good infection-control measures to minimise the spread of this
infection."

https://www.avg.com

HeartDoc Andrew

Jul 25, 2022, 11:08:23 AM7/25/22
The only *healthy* way to stop the pandemic, thereby saving lives, in
Australia, & elsewhere is by rapidly ( http://bit.ly/RapidTestCOVID-19
) finding out at any given moment, including even while on-line, who
among us are unwittingly contagious (i.e pre-symptomatic or
asymptomatic) in order to http://tinyurl.com/ConvinceItForward (John
15:12) for them to call their doctor and self-quarantine per their
doctor in hopes of stopping this pandemic. Thus, we're hoping for the
best while preparing for the worse-case scenario of the Alpha lineage
mutations and others like the Omicron, Gamma, Beta, Epsilon, Iota,
Lambda, Mu & Delta lineage mutations combining via
slip-RNA-replication to form hybrids like
http://tinyurl.com/Deltamicron that may render current COVID
vaccines/monoclonals/medicines/pills no longer effective.

Indeed, I am wonderfully hungry ( http://tinyurl.com/RapidOmicronTest
) and hope you, Michael, also have a healthy appetite too.

So how are you ?

HeartDoc Andrew <><
--
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
http://WonderfullyHungry.org

Michael Ejercito

Jul 27, 2022, 1:45:02 AM7/27/22
I am wonderfully hungry!

Michael

HeartDoc Andrew

Jul 27, 2022, 2:03:05 AM7/27/22
Michael Ejercito wrote:
8:3) us to hunger, I note that you, Michael, are rapture ready (Luke
17:37 means no COVID just as circling eagles don't have COVID) and
pray (2 Chronicles 7:14) that our Everlasting (Isaiah 9:6) Father in
Heaven continues to give us "much more" (Luke 11:13) Holy Spirit
(Galatians 5:22-23) so that we'd have much more of His Help to always
say/write that we're "wonderfully hungry" in **all** ways including
especially caring to http://tinyurl.com/ConvinceItForward (John 15:12
as shown by http://bit.ly/RapidTestCOVID-19 ) with all glory (
http://bit.ly/Psalm112_1 ) to GOD (aka HaShem, Elohim, Abba, DEO), in
the name (John 16:23) of LORD Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Amen.

Laus DEO !

Suggested further reading:
https://groups.google.com/g/sci.med.cardiology/c/5EWtT4CwCOg/m/QjNF57xRBAAJ

Shorter link:
http://bit.ly/StatCOVID-19Test

http://bit.ly/HeartDocAndrew touts hunger (Luke 6:21a) with all glory
( http://bit.ly/Psalm112_1 ) to GOD, Who causes us to hunger
(Deuteronomy 8:3) when He blesses us right now (Luke 6:21a) thereby
removing the http://tinyurl.com/HeartVAT from around the heart