Covid in Scotland: Most restrictions to end from 9 August

Michael Ejercito

Aug 3, 2021, 10:50:26 AM8/3/21
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-58057380

Covid in Scotland: Most restrictions to end from 9 August
Published33 minutes agocommentsComments
Share
shop window pics
IMAGE SOURCEGETTY IMAGES
Almost all of Scotland's remaining Covid-19 restrictions are to end from
9 August, Nicola Sturgeon has confirmed.

Social distancing will be dropped in most settings, meaning more
capacity in pubs and restaurants and larger crowds at sporting events
and concerts.

And close contacts of those who test positive for Covid will no longer
have to self-isolate - as long as they are fully vaccinated and test
negative.

However, the wearing of face coverings in some public spaces will continue.

This will include secondary schools, where staff will need to maintain
1m physical distancing for the first six weeks of term and twice-weekly
testing will be required.

Live: Latest from Nicola Sturgeon's Covid-19 statement
Self-isolation of whole classes 'no longer routine'
Football clubs to host 5,000 without permission
The first minister also said a "gradual approach" will be taken to
returning workers to offices, warning that the virus still poses "real
challenges".

While the changes would restore a "substantial degree of normality", she
said they do not "signal the end of the pandemic or a return to life
exactly as we knew it".

She said: "Declaring freedom from or victory over this virus is in my
view premature."

The number of new Covid-19 cases has fallen markedly from the peak of
the "third wave", with Ms Sturgeon saying the infection rate had fallen
by two-thirds since early July.

drinker
IMAGE SOURCEPA MEDIA
image captionThe changes will allow hospitality venues to increase capacity
The percentage of tests coming back positive has also fallen, as has the
number of patients being admitted to hospital and intensive care wards
with the virus.

The first minister said uptake of the Covid-19 vaccine had been
"exceptional", and that this - along with the fall in cases - made it
possible to lift most of the legal restrictions still in force.

As of Monday, 9 August, the current limits on the number of people who
can meet up will be dropped, as will social distancing rules in most
settings.

This means nightclubs will be allowed to reopen, and larger crowds will
be allowed to gather for indoor and outdoor events - although organisers
of large events will still need to apply to local councils for permission.

The rules around self-isolation will also change, meaning that
fully-vaccinated adults who are identified as a close contact of a
positive case will no longer have to isolate if they return a negative
PCR test.

school pupil
IMAGE SOURCEPA MEDIA
image captionThe use of face coverings will continue in secondary
schools for the first part of the new term
The government is still considering whether a certificate proving people
have been vaccinated will be needed to enter "higher-risk" events.

Ms Sturgeon confirmed that a "Covid status certification" app was under
development, but said she was "considering very carefully" whether such
a scheme would be appropriate.

She also said she would not hesitate to take the "tough decision" to
re-impose some local restrictions if there was a serious outbreak of the
virus, saying the government "will seek to take whatever action is
necessary to keep the country safe".

While most restrictions will be lifted, a number of "mitigations" will
remain in place, with Ms Sturgeon saying the harm of the virus "cannot
be underestimated".

The use of face coverings in enclosed spaces like shops, hospitality
venues and public transport will remain "for some time" to come, and
venues will still be expected to collect customer details for contact
tracing.

The first minister said it was "vital" that the return to working in
offices was a gradual one, saying employers should consider a "hybrid"
model of home and in-office work.

'Mixed bag'
The Scottish Parliament was recalled from its summer recess for the
announcement, giving opposition leaders the chance to question the first
minister on the plans.

Scottish Conservative leader Douglas Ross said the statement was a
"mixed bag", saying that "ongoing restrictions will hold Scotland's
recovery back".

He said: "We have moved beyond level zero - but still curbs remain in
place. Yet again the goalposts have been moved. We are at level minus
one or minus two, and still the government is clinging on to parts of
people's lives."

Scottish Labour leader Anas Sarwar said there was "definitely light at
the end of the tunnel", but said "we are at a crucial point for
Scotland's recovery".

He called for a "new approach" in the fight against the pandemic,
calling for increased support for the test and trace system and pop-up
vaccination clinics at sporting events and universities.

Presentational grey line
Your questions answered banner
Do you have a question about the Covid restrictions in place in
Scotland? Use the form below to send us your questions and we could be
in touch.

In some cases your question will be published, displaying your name, age
and location as you provide it, unless you state otherwise. Your contact
details will never be published. Please ensure you have read the terms
and conditions.

If you are reading this page on the BBC News app, you will need to visit
the mobile version of the BBC website to submit your question on this topic.

https://www.avg.com

HeartDoc Andrew

Aug 3, 2021, 11:07:06 AM8/3/21
The only *healthy* way to stop the pandemic, thereby saving lives, in
the U.K. & elsewhere is by rapidly ( http://bit.ly/RapidTestCOVID-19 )
finding out at any given moment, including even while on-line, who
among us are unwittingly contagious (i.e pre-symptomatic or
asymptomatic) in order to http://bit.ly/convince_it_forward (John
15:12) for them to call their doctor and self-quarantine per their
doctor in hopes of stopping this pandemic. Thus, we're hoping for the
best while preparing for the worse-case scenario of the Alpha lineage
mutations and others like the Gamma, Beta, Epsilon, Iota, Lambda &
Delta lineage mutations combining to form hybrids that render current
COVID vaccines no longer effective.

Indeed, I am wonderfully hungry ( http://bit.ly/RapidTestCOVID-19 )
and hope you, Michael, also have a healthy appetite too.

So how are you ?

HeartDoc Andrew <><
--
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Cardiologist with an http://HeartMDPhD.com/EternalMedicalLicense

Michael Ejercito

Aug 3, 2021, 11:28:05 AM8/3/21
I am wonderfully hungry!

Michael

HeartDoc Andrew

Aug 3, 2021, 11:37:09 AM8/3/21
MichaelE wrote:
> I am wonderfully hungry!

8:3) us to hunger, I note that you, Michael, not only don't have
COVID-19 but are rapture (Luke 17:37) ready and pray (2 Chronicles
7:14) that our Everlasting (Isaiah 9:6) Father in Heaven continues to
give us "much more" (Luke 11:13) Holy Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23) so
that we'd have much more of His Help to always say/write that we're
"wonderfully hungry" in **all** ways including especially caring to
http://bit.ly/convince_it_forward (John 15:12 as shown by
http://bit.ly/RapidTestCOVID-19 ) with all glory (
http://bit.ly/Psalm117_ ) to GOD (aka HaShem, Elohim, Abba, DEO), in
the name (John 16:23) of LORD Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Amen.

Laus DEO !

Suggested further reading:
https://groups.google.com/g/sci.med.cardiology/c/5EWtT4CwCOg/m/QjNF57xRBAAJ

Shorter link:
http://bit.ly/StatCOVID-19Test

http://HeartMDPhD.com/HeartDocAndrewToutsHunger (Luke 6:21a) with all
glory ( http://HeartMDPhD.com/Psalm117_ ) to GOD, Who causes us to
hunger (Deuteronomy 8:3) when He blesses us right now (Luke 6:21a)
thereby removing the http://HeartMDPhD.com/VAT from around the heart

HeartDoc Andrew <><