Brooklyn business defies Key to NYC vaccine mandate: ‘I instantly thought that was so un-American’

Michael Ejercito

Aug 17, 2021, 10:49:06 PM8/17/21
https://pix11.com/news/coronavirus/brooklyn-business-defies-key-to-nyc-vaccine-mandate-i-instantly-thought-that-was-so-un-american

Brooklyn business defies Key to NYC vaccine mandate: ‘I instantly
thought that was so un-American’
CORONAVIRUS
by: Lauren Cook, Rebecca Solomon, Shirley Chan

brooklyn business defies vaccine mandate
Mary Josephine Generoso, the manager of Rocco’s in Bay Ridge Brooklyn,
will not turn away unvaccinated patrons despite the city’s mandate.
(Credit: PIX11)

NEW YORK — New York City’s vaccine mandate for restaurants, gyms and
entertainment venues began on Tuesday, but one business owner in
Brooklyn says she won’t turn away unvaccinated customers.

The sign on the front window of Rocco’s in Bay Ridge reads: “We do not
discriminate against any customer based on sex, gender, race, creed, age
— vaccinated or unvaccinated — all customers who wish to patronize are
welcome in our establishment.”

However, if business owners do not comply with the city’s vaccine
mandate, called the Key to NYC Pass, after Sept. 13, they could face
fines up to $1,000 for a first offense. Mayor Bill de Blasio said the
city would take an “escalator approach” with increasing, costly
penalties for repeated offenses.

Mary Josephine Generoso, the manager of Rocco’s, said she and her
husband are willing to take the risk.

“Once I heard the mayor come out and speak in the beginning of August
stating that we were going to have to check vaccine status, I instantly
thought that was so un-American. I could not understand how we were
going to start discriminating against people who weren’t vaccinated,”
she told PIX11 News on Tuesday. “I really feel like people should be
able to enter an establishment if they choose to, whether they’re
vaccinated or not.”

Generoso also said it’s none of her business why people don’t want to
get vaccinated and she urged de Blasio to rethink the mandate.

Key to NYC Pass: Full list of places with COVID vaccine mandate
When asked about Rocco’s during his COVID briefing Tuesday morning, the
mayor pushed back against Generoso’s assertion that the mandate was
discriminatory.

“It’s not discrimination. It’s about protecting people,” de Blasio said.
He also noted the Key to NYC vaccine mandate does not apply to customers
who quickly go into a business to purchase or pick-up takeout or to-go
items.

De Blasio touted the mandate as the best way to avoid a return of
pandemic-related restrictions, such as a mask mandate, amid a surge of
new cases and hospitalizations related to the highly contagious delta
variant.

“We do not want to go back to restrictions,” he said.

NYC’s vaccine mandate starts a day later than expected, adding to
confusion and controversy
Over the next few weeks, the city will ramp up its outreach and public
awareness campaigns related to the Key to NYC before enforcement begins
in September. Part of that outreach includes more mobile, pop-up
vaccination sites strategically positioned outside businesses that now
require proof of vaccination to enter.

While some may not be on board with the mandate, other business owners
applauded the city’s effort to get more people vaccinated.

Abla Atoubi, the general manager of Bhatti Indian Grill, pointed out
that unvaccinated New Yorkers can still dine outdoors.

“It’s our restaurant, right, if you want to come dine at our house you
have to abide by our rules. And nobody is forcing anybody to dine
indoors; there’s still plenty of outdoor areas,” she said.

https://www.avg.com

HeartDoc Andrew

Aug 17, 2021, 11:05:43 PM8/17/21
The only *healthy* way to stop the pandemic, thereby saving lives, in
NYC & elsewhere is by rapidly ( http://bit.ly/RapidTestCOVID-19 )
finding out at any given moment, including even while on-line, who
among us are unwittingly contagious (i.e pre-symptomatic or
asymptomatic) in order to http://bit.ly/convince_it_forward (John
15:12) for them to call their doctor and self-quarantine per their
doctor in hopes of stopping this pandemic. Thus, we're hoping for the
best while preparing for the worse-case scenario of the Alpha lineage
mutations and others like the Gamma, Beta, Epsilon, Iota, Lambda &
Delta lineage mutations combining to form hybrids that render current
COVID vaccines no longer effective.

Indeed, I am wonderfully hungry ( http://bit.ly/RapidTestCOVID-19 )
and hope you, Michael, also have a healthy appetite too.

So how are you ?

HeartDoc Andrew <><
--
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Cardiologist with an http://HeartMDPhD.com/EternalMedicalLicense

Michael Ejercito

Aug 18, 2021, 9:55:41 AM8/18/21
I am wonderfully hungry!

Michael

HeartDoc Andrew

Aug 18, 2021, 10:55:15 AM8/18/21
MichaelE wrote:
> I am wonderfully hungry!

8:3) us to hunger, I note that you, Michael, not only don't have
COVID-19 but are rapture (Luke 17:37) ready and pray (2 Chronicles
7:14) that our Everlasting (Isaiah 9:6) Father in Heaven continues to
give us "much more" (Luke 11:13) Holy Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23) so
that we'd have much more of His Help to always say/write that we're
"wonderfully hungry" in **all** ways including especially caring to
http://bit.ly/convince_it_forward (John 15:12 as shown by
http://bit.ly/RapidTestCOVID-19 ) with all glory (
http://bit.ly/Psalm117_ ) to GOD (aka HaShem, Elohim, Abba, DEO), in
the name (John 16:23) of LORD Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Amen.

Laus DEO !

Suggested further reading:
https://groups.google.com/g/sci.med.cardiology/c/5EWtT4CwCOg/m/QjNF57xRBAAJ

Shorter link:
http://bit.ly/StatCOVID-19Test

http://HeartMDPhD.com/HeartDocAndrewToutsHunger (Luke 6:21a) with all
glory ( http://HeartMDPhD.com/Psalm117_ ) to GOD, Who causes us to
hunger (Deuteronomy 8:3) when He blesses us right now (Luke 6:21a)
thereby removing the http://HeartMDPhD.com/VAT from around the heart

HeartDoc Andrew <><