Covid: Mum urges vaccination take-up after baby loss

Michael Ejercito

Aug 7, 2022, 10:26:45 AM8/7/22
https://www.reddit.com/r/LockdownSkepticism/comments/wh4q9k/covid_mum_urges_vaccination_takeup_after_baby_loss/

By Gill Dummigan
Health Correspondent, BBC North West

Published
1 day ago

Share

Media caption,
Toni Dennan said though she had since had another daughter, remembering
what happened "doesn't get any easier"

A mother who lost her baby after getting Covid-19 while she was pregnant
has urged other pregnant women to get vaccinated.

Toni Dennan lost baby Darcey at the end of 2020, before the vaccine was
available.

She and husband Lee wanted to share their story so that Darcey's legacy
would be to save other babies.

Near the start of the pandemic, the couple found out they were having a
baby.

Toni said it was "amazing".

"It was something we were obviously really happy about and really
wanted, so we were delighted."

A 20-week scan revealed they were having a girl.

"We knew we were calling her Darcey all the way through from that moment
on, which we're grateful for now," Lee said.

Lee and Toni Dennan
Image caption,
Covid rules meant Lee had not been allowed to go to hospital with Toni,
but he was called and told to get straight there
At the time, no vaccines were available, so Toni spent months shielding.

But shortly before Christmas, she caught coronavirus and she became
concerned about Darcey.

An initial hospital check seemed to be OK, but by the next day, she was
worse.

"She wasn't moving," she said.

"So I went back in and at that point it was a full-on emergency and
straight through to an emergency C-section."

Covid in pregnancy linked to birth-related complications
Pregnant women urged not to delay getting jab
Pregnant women 'afterthought' in Covid jab rollout
Covid restrictions meant Lee had not been allowed to go to hospital with
her, but she said he was called by the medical staff and told to get
there as quickly as possible.

Toni was put under general anaesthetic and the hospital's medics fought
to save her and Darcey.

"I came round and I was surrounded," she said.

"I was out of the theatre then, in a side room, and surrounded by doctors.

"That was when the doctor had told me that Darcey hadn't made it.

"Lee walked through the door and kind of looked really hopeful and I
just shook my head at him."

She said remembering that moment "doesn't get any easier".

Dr Anustha Sivananthan
Image caption,
Dr Anustha Sivananthan said unvaccinated mums-to-be accounted for "one
in five people in intensive care units"
Toni did not have the option of getting vaccinated, something which is
now seen as essential to protect both mother and baby.

However, in some parts of North-West England, 60% of expectant mothers
do not have that protection, so mobile clinics are being used to try to
make it easier for them to have a jab.

Dr Anustha Sivananthan, medical director at Cheshire and Wirral
Partnership NHS Foundation Trust, said "one in five people in intensive
care units are women who are pregnant who haven't been vaccinated".

"It's as high as that, which is why we're encouraging as many pregnant
women or even women wanting to become pregnant to come forward and have
their vaccination."

Nancy and Toni Dennan
Image caption,
The couple have since had another daughter, Nancy, but want Darcey's
legacy to be one of helping other people
Seven months ago, Toni and Lee had another daughter, Nancy.

Lee said it was "amazing just hearing her cry and seeing her for the
first time".

Toni added that she had "never been so happy to hear a baby cry".

"We know what you can lose and it's just not worth the risk, so I would
urge every pregnant woman to get that vaccine."

If you have been affected by issues raised in this article, help and
support is available at BBC Action Line.

https://www.avg.com

HeartDoc Andrew

Aug 7, 2022, 11:02:59 AM8/7/22
The only *healthy* way to stop the pandemic, thereby saving lives, in
the U.K. & elsewhere is by rapidly ( http://bit.ly/RapidTestCOVID-19
) finding out at any given moment, including even while on-line, who
among us are unwittingly contagious (i.e pre-symptomatic or
asymptomatic) in order to http://tinyurl.com/ConvinceItForward (John
15:12) for them to call their doctor and self-quarantine per their
doctor in hopes of stopping this pandemic. Thus, we're hoping for the
best while preparing for the worse-case scenario of the Alpha lineage
mutations and others like the Omicron, Gamma, Beta, Epsilon, Iota,
Lambda, Mu & Delta lineage mutations combining via
slip-RNA-replication to form hybrids like
http://tinyurl.com/Deltamicron that may render current COVID
vaccines/monoclonals/medicines/pills no longer effective.

Indeed, I am wonderfully hungry ( http://tinyurl.com/RapidOmicronTest
) and hope you, Michael, also have a healthy appetite too.

So how are you ?

HeartDoc Andrew <><
--
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
http://WonderfullyHungry.org

Michael Ejercito

Aug 7, 2022, 12:08:23 PM8/7/22
I am wonderfully hungry!

Michael

HeartDoc Andrew

Aug 7, 2022, 12:23:13 PM8/7/22
Michael Ejercito wrote:
8:3) us to hunger, I note that you, Michael, are rapture ready (Luke
17:37 means no COVID just as circling eagles don't have COVID) and
pray (2 Chronicles 7:14) that our Everlasting (Isaiah 9:6) Father in
Heaven continues to give us "much more" (Luke 11:13) Holy Spirit
(Galatians 5:22-23) so that we'd have much more of His Help to always
say/write that we're "wonderfully hungry" in **all** ways including
especially caring to http://tinyurl.com/ConvinceItForward (John 15:12
as shown by http://tinyurl.com/RapidOmicronTest ) with all glory (
http://bit.ly/Psalm112_1 ) to GOD (aka HaShem, Elohim, Abba, DEO), in
the name (John 16:23) of LORD Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Amen.

Laus DEO !

Suggested further reading:
https://groups.google.com/g/sci.med.cardiology/c/5EWtT4CwCOg/m/QjNF57xRBAAJ

Shorter link:
http://bit.ly/StatCOVID-19Test

http://bit.ly/HeartDocAndrew touts hunger (Luke 6:21a) with all glory
( http://bit.ly/Psalm112_1 ) to GOD, Who causes us to hunger
(Deuteronomy 8:3) when He blesses us right now (Luke 6:21a) thereby
removing the http://tinyurl.com/HeartVAT from around the heart