Durham face mask requirement goes in effect today

Michael Ejercito

Aug 9, 2021, 11:04:59 AM8/9/21
http://www.wral.com/coronavirus/durham-face-mask-requirement-goes-in-effect-today/19816430/

Durham face mask requirement goes in effect today
Tags: coronavirus, face mask
Posted August 7, 2021 4:25 p.m. EDT
Updated August 9, 2021 11:00 a.m. EDT

By Sydney Franklin, WRAL multiplatform producer & Aaron Thomas, WRAL
reporter

DURHAM, N.C. — Everyone must wear face masks indoors in Durham,
according to a new state of emergency from county and city officials.

The new state of emergency will go into effect on Monday at 5 p.m.

Face masks will be required in any indoor public place, businesses or
establishment, even for people who have been vaccinated.

A New Surge at an ICU in California Triage tents back up at Duke
Hospital as COVID-19 cases spike
Officials said the new state of emergency stems from the rise in
COVID-19 cases from the Delta variant.

"I think it's a great idea. I 100 percent support it. We don't know what
the virus is doing and we are back where we were," said Durham resident
Natalia Harwood.

ADVERTISING

Over the past month, the percent positive rate of infections in Durham
County has doubled from 2.3 percent to 4.6 percent, according to officials.

On Friday, North Carolina reported 4,506 new cases -- which is nearly 20
times higher than the number the state reported a month ago.

"This is a direction we did not want to move in," said Durham Councilman
Mark-Anthony Middleton. "We're not out of the woods yet. We're better
off than we were before, but we're not out of the woods yet."

Middleton said city officials aren't looking to arrest or fine people
for not wearing a mask. Ultimately, Middleton said it's up to businesses
and neighbors to look out for each other.

North Carolina's state mask mandate expired on July 30. Gov. Roy Cooper
has pressed businesses statewide to verify whether employees are
vaccinated against coronavirus, and, if not, require them to wear masks
and take weekly virus tests.

The push won’t be a requirement for businesses, but "a strong
recommendation," Cooper said.

Matt Calabria, chair of the Wake County Board of Commissioners, said
Wake County has no "immediate plans to require that the general public
wear masks indoors."

In late July, Wake County leaders announced masks would be required in
county buildings, such as libraries, courthouses and EMS facilities.

In Durham, Exotique Clothing Store manager Hakim Zayid-Bey said the new
mandate doesn't impact his business much.

"I never took down the sign for masks," he said. "It's always good if
somebody has a cold or cough."

Durham Mayor Steve Schewel encouraged residents to get vaccinated to
help "curb the development of variants."

"The city and county are also doubling down on our efforts to take
vaccines into many of our communities," Schewel said in a press release.

Schewel said that instituting a mask mandate was to help protect
residents and their vulnerable neighbors.

Harwood said she'll do what needs to be done to keep her family safe.

"Putting a mask on is the least you can do," she said.

https://www.avg.com

HeartDoc Andrew

Aug 9, 2021, 11:10:12 AM8/9/21
The only *healthy* way to stop the pandemic, thereby saving lives, in
the U.S. & elsewhere is by rapidly ( http://bit.ly/RapidTestCOVID-19 )
finding out at any given moment, including even while on-line, who
among us are unwittingly contagious (i.e pre-symptomatic or
asymptomatic) in order to http://bit.ly/convince_it_forward (John
15:12) for them to call their doctor and self-quarantine per their
doctor in hopes of stopping this pandemic. Thus, we're hoping for the
best while preparing for the worse-case scenario of the Alpha lineage
mutations and others like the Gamma, Beta, Epsilon, Iota, Lambda &
Delta lineage mutations combining to form hybrids that render current
COVID vaccines no longer effective.

Indeed, I am wonderfully hungry ( http://bit.ly/RapidTestCOVID-19 )
and hope you, Michael, also have a healthy appetite too.

So how are you ?

HeartDoc Andrew <><
--
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Cardiologist with an http://HeartMDPhD.com/EternalMedicalLicense

Michael Ejercito

Aug 10, 2021, 9:23:45 AM8/10/21
I am wonderfully hungry!

Michael

HeartDoc Andrew

Aug 10, 2021, 11:39:21 AM8/10/21
MichaelE wrote:
> I am wonderfully hungry!

8:3) us to hunger, I note that you, Michael, not only don't have
COVID-19 but are rapture (Luke 17:37) ready and pray (2 Chronicles
7:14) that our Everlasting (Isaiah 9:6) Father in Heaven continues to
give us "much more" (Luke 11:13) Holy Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23) so
that we'd have much more of His Help to always say/write that we're
"wonderfully hungry" in **all** ways including especially caring to
http://bit.ly/convince_it_forward (John 15:12 as shown by
http://bit.ly/RapidTestCOVID-19 ) with all glory (
http://bit.ly/Psalm117_ ) to GOD (aka HaShem, Elohim, Abba, DEO), in
the name (John 16:23) of LORD Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Amen.

Laus DEO !

Suggested further reading:
https://groups.google.com/g/sci.med.cardiology/c/5EWtT4CwCOg/m/QjNF57xRBAAJ

Shorter link:
http://bit.ly/StatCOVID-19Test

http://HeartMDPhD.com/HeartDocAndrewToutsHunger (Luke 6:21a) with all
glory ( http://HeartMDPhD.com/Psalm117_ ) to GOD, Who causes us to
hunger (Deuteronomy 8:3) when He blesses us right now (Luke 6:21a)
thereby removing the http://HeartMDPhD.com/VAT from around the heart

HeartDoc Andrew <><