Delay ending lockdown: majority of public back Boris Johnson to wait Observer poll reveals most people believe prime minister should wait past proposed 21 June date

Michael Ejercito

Jun 13, 2021, 1:29:56 PM6/13/21
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/jun/12/delay-ending-lockdown-majority-of-public-back-boris-johnson

Delay ending lockdown: majority of public back Boris Johnson to wait
Observer poll reveals most people believe prime minister should wait
past proposed 21 June date

Coronavirus – latest updates
See all our coronavirus coverage
Boris Johnson
Boris Johnson is poised to announce a delay to his plan to remove the
remaining restrictions on 21 June. Photograph: Jonny Weeks/The Guardian
/ NMA pool
Michael Savage and James Tapper
Sat 12 Jun 2021 15.30 EDT

The majority of the public back delaying the end of legal restrictions
on social contact in the wake of rising cases of a more transmissible
Covid variant, according to a new poll.

With Boris Johnson poised to announce a delay to his plan to remove the
remaining restrictions on 21 June, an Opinium poll for the Observer
found that 54% think the move should be postponed, up from 43% from a
fortnight ago.

It suggests that the public is taking a cautious view following the
emergence of the Delta variant, first detected in India and thought to
be 60% more transmissible than the variant previously dominant in the
UK. The proportion of people who thought Johnson should push ahead with
the unlocking has fallen from 44% a fortnight ago to 37% this week.

A four-week delay now seems the most likely outcome when Johnson
addresses the nation on Monday. Scientists have said that a delay will
allow more time to collect crucial data on the serious illness caused by
the Delta variant, as well as allowing more people to be vaccinated.

Hospital chiefs have also been warning that even if deaths and cases of
serious illness are lower as a result of the vaccine programme, the
sheer number of new cases could affect other hospital services that have
been hit by huge waiting lists and delays as a result of the pandemic.

Emergency departments are already being “overwhelmed”, according to the
Royal College of Emergency Medicine (RCEM). NHS performance figures
published last week showed that nearly 1.4 million patients had attended
A&Es in England during May – the second highest figure recorded since
the 1980s, according to Dr Adrian Boyle, vice-president of the RCEM.

Chris Hopson, chief executive of NHS Providers, said: “Trust leaders are
nervous that, with this level of pressure, even if they have relatively
small numbers of Covid-19 patients coming in, that could disrupt the
non-Covid care that’s being provided. NHS capacity is nowhere near where
it would normally be.

“If you add all of that together – full-pelt care backlog recovery, a
very busy emergency care pathway, growing numbers of Covid patients and
12% less capacity – what we’re saying is that overall NHS pressure is
one of the factors that absolutely does need to be taken into account.”

Johnson is, however, coming under pressure from Tory MPs desperate to
avoid any delay. Steve Baker, deputy chair of the Covid Recovery Group
of MPs, said: “Sooner or later, we are going to have to decide if we are
content to fumble along like this as a country, imposing severe
restrictions that a majority seem to support but which are having
devastating consequences on some businesses and some people’s mental
health.”

In his clearest indication yet of a delay, Johnson said the spread of
the new variant was a “serious, serious concern”. He insisted no final
decisions had been made, but said it was “clear that the Indian variant
is more transmissible and it’s also true that the cases are going up,
and that the levels of hospitalisation are going up”.

He confirmed he was now less optimistic over holding to the current
unlocking timetable than a fortnight ago. “What we want to do is make
sure that the roadmap is irreversible, but you can’t have an
irreversible roadmap unless you’re prepared to be cautious,” he said.

https://www.avg.com

HeartDoc Andrew

Jun 13, 2021, 2:40:55 PM6/13/21
The only healthy way to stop the pandemic, thereby saving lives, in
the U.K. & elsewhere is by rapidly ( http://bit.ly/RapidTestCOVID-19 )
finding out at any given moment, including even while on-line, who
among us are unwittingly contagious (i.e pre-symptomatic or
asymptomatic) in order to http://bit.ly/convince_it_forward (John
15:12) for them to call their doctor and self-quarantine per their
doctor in hopes of stopping this pandemic. Thus, we're hoping for the
best while preparing for the worse-case scenario of the Alpha lineage
mutations and others like the Gamma, Beta, Epsilon, Iota, & Delta
lineage mutations combining to form hybrids that render current COVID
vaccines no longer effective.

Indeed, I am wonderfully hungry ( http://bit.ly/RapidTestCOVID-19 )
and hope you, Michael, also have a healthy appetite too.

So how are you ?

HeartDoc Andrew <><
--
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
and author of the 2PD-OMER Approach:

Michael Ejercito

Jun 13, 2021, 3:14:44 PM6/13/21
I am wonderfully hungry!

Michael

HeartDoc Andrew

Jun 13, 2021, 3:27:22 PM6/13/21
MichaelE wrote:
> I am wonderfully hungry!

8:3) us to hunger, I note that you, Michael, not only don't have
COVID-19 but are rapture (Luke 17:37) ready and pray (2 Chronicles
7:14) that our Everlasting (Isaiah 9:6) Father in Heaven continues to
give us "much more" (Luke 11:13) Holy Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23) so
that we'd have much more of His Help to always say/write that we're
"wonderfully hungry" in **all** ways including especially caring to
http://bit.ly/convince_it_forward (John 15:12 as shown by
http://bit.ly/RapidTestCOVID-19 ) with all glory (
http://bit.ly/Psalm117_ ) to GOD (aka HaShem, Elohim, Abba, DEO), in
the name (John 16:23) of LORD Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Amen.

Laus DEO !

right now (Luke 6:21a) thereby removing the http://HeartMDPhD.com/VAT
from around the heart

HeartDoc Andrew <><