COVID has become a media-driven panic disconnected from facts

Michael Ejercito

Jul 27, 2021, 10:33:00 AM7/27/21
http://nypost.com/2021/07/26/covid-has-become-a-media-driven-panic-disconnected-from-facts/

By John ZieglerJuly 26, 2021 | 8:09pm | Updated July 26, 2021 | 8:09pm
Enlarge Image
A COVID-19 testing site in Brooklyn on July 26, 2021.
A COVID-19 testing site in Brooklyn on July 26, 2021.Photo by Spencer
Platt/Getty Images
More On:
Coronavirus
De Blasio proclaims ‘voluntary phase is over’ on COVID-19 vaccines
Cuomo says he always tells ‘the truth’ on COVID — except when he doesn’t
The honeymoon’s over: American optimism drops 20 points to mark Biden’s
six months in office
Biden slams ‘pain in the neck’ reporter for off-topic question on
breaking news
Reprinted with permission from Mediaite.

One of the most underrated aspects of human behavior is how much
expectations dictate our perceptions of reality. Largely because none of
us has ever dealt with a pandemic before and, therefore, we have no
experience on which to draw comparisons, this has been particularly true
when it comes to dealing with the coronavirus.

Since the beginning of this nightmare, the news media have done a
horrible of job of providing much-needed context and perspective to the
COVID data that have driven so much of our lives for the last year and a
half. This has been especially the case with regard to the recent
hysteria over the “Delta variant” causing a large spike in the daily
number of positive tests, both here in America and in many other places
around the world.

As someone who has previously written that COVID is effectively no
longer a “pandemic,” I admit surprise and concern at just how much and
how quickly the case numbers have increased in the United States in the
last few weeks. It’s now clear, contrary to the data trends of the
previous four or months and even current inaccurate claims made by
President Biden, that the vaccines do not fully prevent you from testing
positive for the virus, but rather mitigate the symptoms.

The news media’s obsession with daily case numbers has always been, at
best, misguided, and, at worst, malicious. When the history of the
destruction of this once-great nation is finally fully written, I
believe the news media and public-health “experts” transitioning from
hospitalization/death numbers to daily positive tests as the primary
COVID data point will be seen as one of the final nails in the coffin of
our formerly free society.

This is not just because there is evidence that the most prominent test
is flawed, with the CDC just recommending it be dumped because it can’t
even differentiate COVID from influenza. (It should also be noted that
weekend reporting in many states has become so lax that the data
collection itself helps facilitate exaggerated mid-week “spikes.”)

We seem to forget that when the positive test first became the news
media’s metric of choice, there were no vaccines, and we had very little
communal immunity. In theory, everyone who tested positive was at least
somewhat vulnerable to a very bad outcome, even though, in reality, 98
percent of those in that group recovered.

The third wave of COVID-19 has been less deadly than the first and second.
The third wave of COVID-19 has been less deadly than the first and second.
Mediaite
Now, well over half the nation is at least partly vaccinated (with at
least another 10 percent having some — possibly even better — level of
immunity from having previously contracted the virus), so the focus on
daily positive tests, without at least some critical context, has become
totally absurd. One, because even the current “case” numbers are not
THAT bad, and two, because there is no indication as of yet that
hospitalizations/deaths are going to get to “emergency” levels, which,
it cannot be stated enough, is the ONLY standard when direct government
intervention is remotely justified in a supposedly free country.

We are now averaging over 45,000 new positive tests per day, which is
over triple the number when it reached our low about a month ago. This
sudden increase is understandably alarming, especially without any
perspective, which most of the news media has very little incentive to
provide. For instance, late in the “swine flu” of 2009-2010 America was
averaging 57,000 cases a day (down from the year-long average of
190,000) and the spread at that time was not considered to be at
“pandemic” levels.

Yes, positive COVID tests have increased, but they have done so in a
very similar seasonal pattern, even on a state-by-state basis, to what
happened in the summer of 2020. The numbers are still much lower than
the height of that summer spike, and dramatically less than the worst of
the winter wave which once had us at 250,000 new cases a day, with no
vaccines, and yet without our health-care system reaching levels of
grave danger.

Thanks apparently to the those vaccines, this rise in positive tests has
not yet caused a dangerous increase in hospitalizations, and absolutely
no rise yet in the number of people currently dying with COVID (though
expect that to begin to change, at least marginally, in the next week or
two). In fact, for more than a month now, based on the 7-day average,
Americans have had a less than a one-in-a-million chance of dying with
COVID on any given day, and currently here in California daily “COVID
deaths” are just barely outpacing automobile deaths (which, it should be
pointed out, end the lives of people much younger and healthier on
average than COVID does).

In short, unless the perceived effectiveness of the vaccines is one of
the greatest frauds of all time, we are currently in no danger of seeing
numbers that once again threaten to cause a catastrophe in our
health-care system, which was the entire justification for the
government usurping endless dictatorial powers due to this emergency.
But here is where the purveyors of fear have masterfully won the
expectations game, even when the facts indicate that they should have
lost it.

A healthcare worker giving a man a COVID-19 vaccine at a drive-thru site
in Miami, Florida on July 26, 2021.
A healthcare worker giving a man a COVID-19 vaccine at a drive-thru site
in Miami, Florida on July 26, 2021.
Photo by Joe Raedle/Getty Images
The notion that cases were not going to significantly rise, especially
among younger people, during a summer when most of America is back to
“normalcy” and eager to make up for lost time is mystifying. If all
restrictions had been lifted and there had been categorically no
negative change in the data, it would have been a devastating blow to
the already highly questionable premise that lockdowns are worth the
collateral damage which they cause (though the news media would have
done their very best to ignore such a development). For instance, it
will be interesting to see how the United Kingdom spins it if their
numbers continue to improve now that the worst of their lockdown has
ended, at least for now.

At the heart of the current debate on how to respond to the rapid
increase in positive tests is the notion that “Zero COVID” is an
attainable, or even a worthwhile, goal.
The “experts” have infamously and radically moved the goalposts since we
began with “15 Days to Slow the Spread,” but trying to pretend we can
both live in a semi-free society and somehow eradicate the virus
completely is foolish to the point of delusion.

Ironically, though probably not coincidentally, the Western country
which has come currently closest to “Zero COVID” is much-maligned
Sweden, which is yet another data point indicating that natural immunity
may be more effective than just the vaccines themselves. In short, while
the “experts” would like to see us panic and go back to some form of new
lockdowns, a level-headed view indicates that position is actually the
one which, at least for now, is really “anti-science.”

https://www.avg.com

HeartDoc Andrew

Jul 27, 2021, 10:40:44 AM7/27/21
The only *healthy* way to stop the pandemic, thereby saving lives, in
the U.S. & elsewhere is by rapidly ( http://bit.ly/RapidTestCOVID-19 )
finding out at any given moment, including even while on-line, who
among us are unwittingly contagious (i.e pre-symptomatic or
asymptomatic) in order to http://bit.ly/convince_it_forward (John
15:12) for them to call their doctor and self-quarantine per their
doctor in hopes of stopping this pandemic. Thus, we're hoping for the
best while preparing for the worse-case scenario of the Alpha lineage
mutations and others like the Gamma, Beta, Epsilon, Iota, Lambda &
Delta lineage mutations combining to form hybrids that render current
COVID vaccines no longer effective.

Indeed, I am wonderfully hungry ( http://bit.ly/RapidTestCOVID-19 )
and hope you, Michael, also have a healthy appetite too.

So how are you ?

HeartDoc Andrew <><
--
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Cardiologist with an http://HeartMDPhD.com/EternalMedicalLicense

Michael Ejercito

Jul 27, 2021, 10:48:53 AM7/27/21
I am wonderfully hungry!

Michael

HeartDoc Andrew

Jul 27, 2021, 11:11:27 AM7/27/21
MichaelE wrote:
> I am wonderfully hungry!

8:3) us to hunger, I note that you, Michael, not only don't have
COVID-19 but are rapture (Luke 17:37) ready and pray (2 Chronicles
7:14) that our Everlasting (Isaiah 9:6) Father in Heaven continues to
give us "much more" (Luke 11:13) Holy Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23) so
that we'd have much more of His Help to always say/write that we're
"wonderfully hungry" in **all** ways including especially caring to
http://bit.ly/convince_it_forward (John 15:12 as shown by
http://bit.ly/RapidTestCOVID-19 ) with all glory (
http://bit.ly/Psalm117_ ) to GOD (aka HaShem, Elohim, Abba, DEO), in
the name (John 16:23) of LORD Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Amen.

Laus DEO !

Suggested further reading:
https://groups.google.com/g/sci.med.cardiology/c/5EWtT4CwCOg/m/QjNF57xRBAAJ

Shorter link:
http://bit.ly/StatCOVID-19Test

http://HeartMDPhD.com/HeartDocAndrewToutsHunger (Luke 6:21a) with all
glory ( http://HeartMDPhD.com/Psalm117_ ) to GOD, Who causes us to
hunger (Deuteronomy 8:3) when He blesses us right now (Luke 6:21a)
thereby removing the http://HeartMDPhD.com/VAT from around the heart

HeartDoc Andrew <><