Hawaii Limits Indoor Social Gatherings to 10 People. Will More States Follow Suit?

Michael Ejercito

Aug 11, 2021, 11:42:55 PM8/11/21
http://reason.com/2021/08/11/hawaii-limits-indoor-social-gatherings-to-10-people-will-more-states-follow-suit/#comment-9042574

Hawaii Limits Indoor Social Gatherings to 10 People. Will More States
Follow Suit?
Hawaii Gov. David Ige issued an executive order yesterday imposing a
raft of new restrictions on businesses and social gatherings.
CHRISTIAN BRITSCHGI | 8.11.2021 12:55 PM

reason-mask2
(ibreakstock/Dreamstime.com)
Hawaii is bringing back a whole swath of pandemic restrictions on social
gatherings and businesses in response to rising COVID-19 cases on the
island.

On Tuesday, Hawaii Gov. David Ige, a Democrat, issued an executive order
limiting indoor social gatherings to 10 people, and outdoor gatherings
to 25 people. Restaurants, bars, and other "social establishments"—in
addition to abiding by those gathering limits—must also require patrons
to be seated and masked when not actively drinking or eating. Mingling
between parties is expressly prohibited.

Indoor capacity at those establishments, as well as gyms and other
"high-risk" activities, is limited to 50 percent. (It's not entirely
clear to me whether this half-capacity cap supersedes the indoor
gathering limits bars and restaurants are also supposed to comply with.)

"The dining rooms can only hold 50 [percent] capacity, where most
restaurants and your financials are all structured around 100 [percent]
capacity," said Hawaii Restaurant Association Executive Director Sheryl
Matsuoka to Civil Beat. "You only have 50 [percent] of your income, but
then you have to pay 100 [percent] of your bills."

Restaurants were already required to operate at 75 percent capacity,
Matsuoka said.

Ige's executive order allows for "professional events"—which the
Honolulu Star-Advertiser says includes weddings, meetings, banquets, and
conventions—have to follow state and county rules regarding their
operation, but not the new state gathering limits. Organizers also have
to consult with counties when hosting an event with more than 50 people.

A dashboard run by the state's Emergency Management Agency shows that 65
percent of ICU beds in the state are occupied. The state has been
averaging one COVID death a day for the past several months. Some 60
percent of Hawaiians are fully vaccinated, and almost 70 percent have
received at least one shot.

Nevertheless, Civil Beat reported today that intensive care units (ICU)
in a number of hospitals in the state are at or nearing capacity thanks
to a surge in new COVID-19 patients. In Florida, a surge in delta
variant cases has since been followed by a huge, and still rising, surge
in COVID deaths. It's plausible the situation in Hawaii will get worse soon.

Thus far, most states and localities that have reimposed COVID
restrictions have stuck to mandating indoor masking or requiring that
patrons of restaurants and other establishments show proof of vaccination.

Hawaii's return to imposing limits on small gatherings—especially when
statewide ICU capacity is still in good shape and COVID deaths are
low—is a worrying sign that more states might soon start dredging up
pandemic regulations we thought were behind us.

It doesn't appear Hawaii state officials have put much more thought into
these restrictions since the last time they were imposed.

It's pretty widely accepted that requiring people to wear masks when
entering a restaurant but not while they're sitting there talking and
eating for an hour is useless. Limits on outdoor activities are also
considered to be ineffective.

To Fight Communism, the U.S. Should Beam Internet Into Cuba
Likewise, imposing different limits on the size of gatherings depending
on where they're happening doesn't appear to make much sense. Is a
40-person wedding really less dangerous than a restaurant patio filled
with 30 people?

Ige's order is supposed to end on October 13, unless the governor
chooses to extend it.

https://www.avg.com

HeartDoc Andrew

Aug 12, 2021, 12:02:21 AM8/12/21
MichaelE wrote:

> [...]
>low擁s a worrying sign that more states might soon start dredging up
>pandemic regulations we thought were behind us.
>
>It doesn't appear Hawaii state officials have put much more thought into
>these restrictions since the last time they were imposed.
>
>It's pretty widely accepted that requiring people to wear masks when
>entering a restaurant but not while they're sitting there talking and
>eating for an hour is useless. Limits on outdoor activities are also
>considered to be ineffective.
>
>To Fight Communism, the U.S. Should Beam Internet Into Cuba
>Likewise, imposing different limits on the size of gatherings depending
>on where they're happening doesn't appear to make much sense. Is a
>40-person wedding really less dangerous than a restaurant patio filled
>with 30 people?
>
>Ige's order is supposed to end on October 13, unless the governor

The only *healthy* way to stop the pandemic, thereby saving lives, in
Hawaii & elsewhere is by rapidly ( http://bit.ly/RapidTestCOVID-19 )
finding out at any given moment, including even while on-line, who
among us are unwittingly contagious (i.e pre-symptomatic or
asymptomatic) in order to http://bit.ly/convince_it_forward (John
15:12) for them to call their doctor and self-quarantine per their
doctor in hopes of stopping this pandemic. Thus, we're hoping for the
best while preparing for the worse-case scenario of the Alpha lineage
mutations and others like the Gamma, Beta, Epsilon, Iota, Lambda &
Delta lineage mutations combining to form hybrids that render current
COVID vaccines no longer effective.

Indeed, I am wonderfully hungry ( http://bit.ly/RapidTestCOVID-19 )
and hope you, Michael, also have a healthy appetite too.

So how are you ?

HeartDoc Andrew <><
--
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Cardiologist with an http://HeartMDPhD.com/EternalMedicalLicense

Michael Ejercito

Aug 12, 2021, 10:44:28 AM8/12/21
HeartDoc Andrew wrote:
> [...]
>> received at least one shot.
>>
>> Nevertheless, Civil Beat reported today that intensive care units (ICU)
>> in a number of hospitals in the state are at or nearing capacity thanks
>> to a surge in new COVID-19 patients. In Florida, a surge in delta
>> variant cases has since been followed by a huge, and still rising, surge
>> in COVID deaths. It's plausible the situation in Hawaii will get worse soon.
>>
>> Thus far, most states and localities that have reimposed COVID
>> restrictions have stuck to mandating indoor masking or requiring that
>> patrons of restaurants and other establishments show proof of vaccination.
>>
>> Hawaii's return to imposing limits on small gatherings—especially when
>> statewide ICU capacity is still in good shape and COVID deaths are
>> low—is a worrying sign that more states might soon start dredging up
I am wonderfully hungry!

Michael

HeartDoc Andrew

Aug 12, 2021, 11:42:49 AM8/12/21
MichaelE wrote:
> [...]
>>> received at least one shot.
>>>
>>> Nevertheless, Civil Beat reported today that intensive care units (ICU)
>>> in a number of hospitals in the state are at or nearing capacity thanks
>>> to a surge in new COVID-19 patients. In Florida, a surge in delta
>>> variant cases has since been followed by a huge, and still rising, surge
>>> in COVID deaths. It's plausible the situation in Hawaii will get worse soon.
>>>
>>> Thus far, most states and localities that have reimposed COVID
>>> restrictions have stuck to mandating indoor masking or requiring that
>>> patrons of restaurants and other establishments show proof of vaccination.
>>>
>>> Hawaii's return to imposing limits on small gatherings容specially when
>>> statewide ICU capacity is still in good shape and COVID deaths are
>>> low擁s a worrying sign that more states might soon start dredging up

8:3) us to hunger, I note that you, Michael, not only don't have
COVID-19 but are rapture (Luke 17:37) ready and pray (2 Chronicles
7:14) that our Everlasting (Isaiah 9:6) Father in Heaven continues to
give us "much more" (Luke 11:13) Holy Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23) so
that we'd have much more of His Help to always say/write that we're
"wonderfully hungry" in **all** ways including especially caring to
http://bit.ly/convince_it_forward (John 15:12 as shown by
http://bit.ly/RapidTestCOVID-19 ) with all glory (
http://bit.ly/Psalm117_ ) to GOD (aka HaShem, Elohim, Abba, DEO), in
the name (John 16:23) of LORD Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Amen.

Laus DEO !

Suggested further reading:
https://groups.google.com/g/sci.med.cardiology/c/5EWtT4CwCOg/m/QjNF57xRBAAJ

Shorter link:
http://bit.ly/StatCOVID-19Test

http://HeartMDPhD.com/HeartDocAndrewToutsHunger (Luke 6:21a) with all
glory ( http://HeartMDPhD.com/Psalm117_ ) to GOD, Who causes us to
hunger (Deuteronomy 8:3) when He blesses us right now (Luke 6:21a)
thereby removing the http://HeartMDPhD.com/VAT from around the heart

HeartDoc Andrew <><