Why American Presidents Need A Fair News Media To Be Competent, And More Evidence That They Won’t Get One Anytime Soon, If Ever…

Michael Ejercito

Sep 5, 2021, 2:15:35 PM9/5/21
http://ethicsalarms.com/2021/09/05/why-american-presidents-need-a-fair-news-media-to-be-competent-and-more-evidence-that-they-wont-get-one-anytime-soon-if-ever/

SEPTEMBER 5, 2021 / JACK MARSHALL
fakenews

It’s my own fault. I’ve written so many essays here since 2009 about the
disgraceful descent of the news media into partisan propaganda that I
can’t find the relevant post I was looking for on my own blog. That
would be the one during the Obama administration in which I pointed out
that being assured that no reporters and virtually no pundits would have
the guts or integrity to criticize Obama’s performance as President had
made him lazy, arrogant, and reckless. If you know anything you do will
be extolled whether it deserves praise of not, and any mistakes and
blunders will be covered up or spun, why be careful, especially if
you’re an arrogant narcissistic like Barack? The same principle operated
on President Trump, but in reverse (I honestly don’t recall if I noted
this, but I noticed it). If a President is certain that whatever he does
will be attacked by the news media, there is no reason for him to
consider the press in his policy considerations. Summary: bad journalism
makes bad Presidents.

Several commentators are finally waking up to this phenomenon now, as
they try to find some other than Joe Biden to blame for Joe Biden’s
incompetence. I have now read several pieces opining that the President
was certain that the press would have his back no matter what happened
in Afghanistan.

That was really foolish on Biden’s part (but then…Biden) for two
reasons. First, he is not nearly as popular as Obama, and nobody was
going to call a reporter “racist” for criticizing him. Second, and more
importantly, journalists destroyed their influence and credibility
during their four year campaign of fake news and glorified rumors to
bring down Donald Trump. Most of the public doesn’t trust the mainstream
media—good!—because it is untrustworthy. The days when it could cover a
President’s botches effectively have passed.

One would think that this would spur the news media to be more careful
about the lies they present to the public as truth, and one would be
tragically wrong. Two recent examples from last week demonstrate that no
“Oh-oh, we better start practicing honest journalism!” alarms are
ringing yet.

USA Today performed a classic partisan “fact check” looking into the
deserved backlash President Biden received for looking at his watch
during the solemn transfer ceremony in honor of the 13 U.S. service
members who were killed in a terrorist attack outside the Kabul airport
as a direct result of Biden’s “Run away!!” misadventure. The same
gesture in 1992 during a town hall Presidential debate helped lose
George H.W. Bush his reelection quest, when the news media, including
USA Today, savaged him for showing that he regarded having to take
questions from the public as a waste of his time and attention. Like
Bush’s gaffe, Biden’s read loud and clear as, “God, when will this crap
be over with so I can take a nap?”

USA Today’s Daniel Funke, a progressive and a Democrat, authored a fact
check examining whether or not Biden actually kept checking the time on
his wrist as the caskets of the fallen were rolled onto the tarmac at
Dover Air Force Base last weekend. He ruled the claim “partly false,”
writing that the image of Biden that circulated on social media did not
“accurately summarize” what occurred “[Biden] did appear to check his
watch during his visit to Dover Air Force Base. But he did so after the
dignified transfer ceremony was over,” Funke wrote. “Footage leading up
to the moment shows Biden with his hand over his heart for about 30
seconds as vans carry the service members’ remains off the tarmac. After
the vans had left, Biden closes his eyes briefly before dropping his
arms and glancing down at his watch.”

Sounds convincing…but it wasn’t true. The Gold Star families stated that
they saw Biden check his watch multiple times during the ceremony, but
what’s wrong with false implying that they were lying when the objective
is to protect a Democratic President and the public from “cruel”
Republicans?

USA Today was forced to issue a correction the next day, admitting that
contrary to the “factcheck” the paper published, Biden had indeed
checked his watch multiple times. Funke used Twitter one day later to
express his “regret,” while somehow making himself the victim, writing,

“Journalists and fact-checkers are human (yes, even me!) We make
mistakes. When we do, we correct them and try to make it right. It’s
easy to dunk on journalists when we get things wrong. I get it – to
many, we’re just another name on a screen. But behind that screen is a
person trying to do their best.”

Sorry, but this doesn’t wash. Journalists like Funke “do their best” to
manipulate public opinion to advance their partisan agenda. An unbiased
reporter doesn’t make a “mistake” exonerating a politician from doing
what he actually did when the facts were easily verified unless the
reporter wants the “factcheck” to yield a particular result. He brings
to mind a line in the movie “Denial,” when Tom Wilkinson as Barrister
Richard Rampton explains why a Holocaust denying historian didn’t just
make an honest mistake: “He is, to use an analogy, like the waiter who
always gives the wrong change. If he is honest, we may expect sometimes
his mistakes to favor the customers, sometimes himself. But [he] is the
dishonest waiter. All his mistakes work in his favor.”

That’s not just Funke being described there, it’s the mainstream media
itself, the ultimate “dishonest waiter.”

Then we have the other Unethical Media Trick, misrepresenting facts to
show how “cruel” and destructive conservatives are. Some Wuhan virus
vaccination skeptics have been promoting ivermectin, an anti-parasitic
drug usually reserved for deworming horses or livestock, as a treatment
or preventative for the pandemic. This week, “Rolling Stone” reported
that an Oklahoma emergency room doctor, Dr. Jason McElyea, had reported
that invectin overdoses were causing backlogs in rural hospitals,
leaving both beds and ambulance services scarce.

“The ERs are so backed up that gunshot victims were having hard times
getting to facilities where they can get definitive care and be
treated,” the magazine quoted the doctor as saying. All of their
ambulances are stuck at the hospital waiting for a bed to open so they
can take the patient in and they don’t have any, that’s it. If there’s
no ambulance to take the call, there’s no ambulance to come to the call.”

None of this was true. Northeastern Hospital System Sequoyah issued a
statement debunking the whole report:

“Although Dr. Jason McElyea is not an employee of NHS Sequoyah, he is
affiliated with a medical staffing group that provides coverage for our
emergency room. With that said, Dr. McElyea has not worked at our
Sallisaw location in over 2 months. NHS Sequoyah has not treated any
patients due to complications related to taking ivermectin. This
includes not treating any patients for ivermectin overdose. All patients
who have visited our emergency room have received medical attention as
appropriate. Our hospital has not had to turn away any patients seeking
emergency care. We want to reassure our community that our staff is
working hard to provide quality healthcare to all patients. We
appreciate the opportunity to clarify this issue and as always, we value
our community’s support.”

But it was so darn tempting to publish a claim that the reporters never
bothered to verify since it reflected badly on the (mostly) conservative
vaccine resisters, that Rolling Stone went ahead with the fake news.

Nobody should trust these people. Not any of them.

https://www.avg.com

HeartDoc Andrew

Sep 5, 2021, 7:01:02 PM9/5/21
MichaelE wrote:

>http://ethicsalarms.com/2021/09/05/why-american-presidents-need-a-fair-news-media-to-be-competent-and-more-evidence-that-they-wont-get-one-anytime-soon-if-ever/
>

>SEPTEMBER 5, 2021 / JACK MARSHALL
>fakenews
>
>It’s my own fault. I’ve written so many essays here since 2009 about the
>disgraceful descent of the news media into partisan propaganda that I
>can’t find the relevant post I was looking for on my own blog. That
>would be the one during the Obama administration in which I pointed out
>that being assured that no reporters and virtually no pundits would have
>the guts or integrity to criticize Obama’s performance as President had
>made him lazy, arrogant, and reckless. If you know anything you do will
>be extolled whether it deserves praise of not, and any mistakes and
>blunders will be covered up or spun, why be careful, especially if
>you’re an arrogant narcissistic like Barack? The same principle operated
>on President Trump, but in reverse (I honestly don’t recall if I noted
>this, but I noticed it). If a President is certain that whatever he does
>will be attacked by the news media, there is no reason for him to
>consider the press in his policy considerations. Summary: bad journalism
>makes bad Presidents.

It is written at Matthew 19:17 that only GOD is good. This does mean
there never has been nor ever will be a good President.

Instead, there can be a wonderfully hungry (
http://bit.ly/Philippians4_12 ) President, who would then be able
(Philippians 4:13) to http://bit.ly/convince_it_forward (John 15:12)
for journalists to also be wonderfully hungry:

https://groups.google.com/g/sci.med.cardiology/c/Vf1FfJ8ll1o/m/NImqHo-6AQAJ

Indeed, I am wonderfully hungy ( http://bit.ly/RapidTestCOVID-19 ) and
hope you, Michael, also have a healthy appetite too.

So how are you ?

HeartDoc Andrew <><
--
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Cardiologist with an http://HeartMDPhD.com/EternalMedicalLicense

Michael Ejercito

Sep 6, 2021, 12:55:22 PM9/6/21
I am wonderfully hungry!

Michael

HeartDoc Andrew

Sep 6, 2021, 1:04:22 PM9/6/21
MichaelE wrote:
>> Indeed, I am wonderfully hungry ( http://bit.ly/RapidTestCOVID-19 ) and
>> hope you, Michael, also have a healthy appetite too.
>>
>> So how are you ?
>
> I am wonderfully hungry!

8:3) us to hunger, I note that you, Michael, not only don't have
COVID-19 but are rapture (Luke 17:37) ready and pray (2 Chronicles
7:14) that our Everlasting (Isaiah 9:6) Father in Heaven continues to
give us "much more" (Luke 11:13) Holy Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23) so
that we'd have much more of His Help to always say/write that we're
"wonderfully hungry" in **all** ways including especially caring to
http://bit.ly/convince_it_forward (John 15:12 as shown by
http://bit.ly/RapidTestCOVID-19 ) with all glory (
http://bit.ly/Psalm117_ ) to GOD (aka HaShem, Elohim, Abba, DEO), in
the name (John 16:23) of LORD Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Amen.

Laus DEO !

Suggested further reading:
https://groups.google.com/g/sci.med.cardiology/c/5EWtT4CwCOg/m/QjNF57xRBAAJ

Shorter link:
http://bit.ly/StatCOVID-19Test

http://HeartMDPhD.com/HeartDocAndrewToutsHunger (Luke 6:21a) with all
glory ( http://HeartMDPhD.com/Psalm117_ ) to GOD, Who causes us to
hunger (Deuteronomy 8:3) when He blesses us right now (Luke 6:21a)
thereby removing the http://HeartMDPhD.com/VAT from around the heart