“It Needs To Be Hard For People To Remain Unvaccinated”: Making The Case For Covid Challenges

Michael Ejercito

Jul 14, 2021, 10:15:26 AM7/14/21
http://jonathanturley.org/2021/07/13/it-needs-to-be-hard-for-people-to-remain-unvaccinated-making-the-case-for-covid-challenges/

“It Needs To Be Hard For People To Remain Unvaccinated”: Making The Case
For Covid Challenges

Facebook screenshot
Dr. Leana Wen, CNN analyst and Distinguished Fellow at the Fitzhugh
Mullan Institute of Health Workforce Equity at George Washington
University, has caused a stir due to her recent declaration on CNN that
“it needs to be hard for people to remain unvaccinated.” With France
implementing a mandatory “health pass” and private companies like Morgan
Stanley requiring vaccinations for employees to return to work, we can
expect more protests and challenges around the world. Those cases are
likely to focus on whether mandatory requirements are based on medical
or political imperatives. Wen’s comment is likely to be repeated in many
filings as another case of “saying the quiet part out loud.” She appears
to advocate measures defined to coerce people to take vaccinations due
to the continuing refusal of a sizable number of people.

Wen is a well-known medical analyst and the former head of Planned
Parenthood. She is a visiting professor at George Washington University.

Wen made clear that health measures should be used to make life hard for
people who refuse the vaccine so that they yield to public demands:
“[b]asically, we need to make getting vaccinated the easy choice.” In
the Washington Post, Wen also called for “Biden to make the case for
vaccine requirements.”

There is already open pressure from the White House on private companies
to require vaccinations. Morgan Stanley responded by doing just that
this week. They can likely do so. The most serious challenges could come
from those with religious objections. However, even if they are allowed
to work remotely, Morgan Stanley CEO James Gorman stated in July that
“If you want to get paid New York rates, you work in New York. None of
this, ‘I’m in Colorado…and getting paid like I’m sitting in New York
City. Sorry, that doesn’t work.” The message could not be clearer that
working remotely will come at a penalty.

The Biden White House is clearly concerned that making vaccines
mandatory will cause not just court challenges but a public backlash.
However, such mandatory programs have been upheld. As I discussed in a
column last year, there is a 1905 case where the Supreme Court upheld a
state mandatory vaccination program of school children for small pox in
Massachusetts. In Jacobson v. Massachusetts (1905), the Court found that
such programs are the quintessential state power rather than a federal
power. It also held that “every well-ordered society charged with the
duty of conserving the safety of its members the rights of the
individual in respect of his liberty may at times, under the pressure of
great dangers, be subjected to such restraint, to be enforced by
reasonable regulations, as the safety of the general public may demand.”
States are allowed to subject citizens to restraints to protect “general
comfort, health, and prosperity of the State.”

The fear is that, as with social media companies carrying out censorship
of political and social viewpoints, companies will now serve as
surrogates for the state on vaccinations. The Administration would
prefer to do precisely what Wen advocated: ratchet up the private
penalties and difficulties for anyone who wants to remain unvaccinated.

The problem is when you have leading analysts arguing for such measures
as coercive devices. While there is considerable deference on such
matters, the courts could take note of such demands to make life hard on
those who are not “getting with the program.”

As of July 11, a total of 159,266,536 Americans have been fully
vaccinated. That is 48 percent of the country’s population. When you
consider the extremely high rate of vaccination for those over 65, the
percentage of adults under 65 is even smaller. Despite all of the press
and bizarre reward systems, the government is clearly hitting a wall
with many people declining the vaccines. (For the record, I took the
vaccine and all of my family has been vaccinated).

That is a sizable number of voters and the Democrats are leery of openly
forcing vaccines before the 2022 election. That is why the push is to
make life more difficult through private companies. However, if these
measures are viewed as designed to coerce, courts may be more
scrutinizing of the public health necessity for the measures.

https://www.avg.com

HeartDoc Andrew

Jul 14, 2021, 11:05:10 AM7/14/21
The only *healthy* way to stop the pandemic, thereby saving lives, in
the U.S. & elsewhere is by rapidly ( http://bit.ly/RapidTestCOVID-19 )
finding out at any given moment, including even while on-line, who
among us are unwittingly contagious (i.e pre-symptomatic or
asymptomatic) in order to http://bit.ly/convince_it_forward (John
15:12) for them to call their doctor and self-quarantine per their
doctor in hopes of stopping this pandemic. Thus, we're hoping for the
best while preparing for the worse-case scenario of the Alpha lineage
mutations and others like the Gamma, Beta, Epsilon, Iota, & Delta
lineage mutations combining to form hybrids that render current COVID
vaccines no longer effective.

Indeed, I am wonderfully hungry ( http://bit.ly/RapidTestCOVID-19 )
and hope you, Michael, also have a healthy appetite too.

So how are you ?

HeartDoc Andrew <><
--
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
and author of the 2PD-OMER Approach:

Michael Ejercito

Jul 15, 2021, 10:44:39 AM7/15/21
I am wonderfully hungry!

Michael

HeartDoc Andrew

Jul 15, 2021, 11:52:16 AM7/15/21
MichaelE wrote:
> I am wonderfully hungry!

8:3) us to hunger, I note that you, Michael, not only don't have
COVID-19 but are rapture (Luke 17:37) ready and pray (2 Chronicles
7:14) that our Everlasting (Isaiah 9:6) Father in Heaven continues to
give us "much more" (Luke 11:13) Holy Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23) so
that we'd have much more of His Help to always say/write that we're
"wonderfully hungry" in **all** ways including especially caring to
http://bit.ly/convince_it_forward (John 15:12 as shown by
http://bit.ly/RapidTestCOVID-19 ) with all glory (
http://bit.ly/Psalm117_ ) to GOD (aka HaShem, Elohim, Abba, DEO), in
the name (John 16:23) of LORD Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Amen.

Laus DEO !

Suggested further reading:
https://groups.google.com/g/sci.med.cardiology/c/5EWtT4CwCOg/m/QjNF57xRBAAJ

Shorter link: