Facts Don’t Matter: Charles Blow Says Vaccination Resistance Is Donald Trump’s Fault

Michael Ejercito

Aug 10, 2021, 9:19:30 AM8/10/21
http://ethicsalarms.com/2021/08/09/facts-dont-matter-charles-blow-says-vaccination-resistance-is-donald-trumps-fault

Facts Don’t Matter: Charles Blow Says Vaccination Resistance Is Donald
Trump’s Fault
AUGUST 9, 2021 / JACK MARSHALL
Chart vaccine

The New York Times has a lot of Trump Deranged op-ed writers, a lot of
jackasses, and quite a few race-baiters in the mix as well. None scores
as high in all three categories as the arrogant Charles M. Blow. His
continued presence on the Times opinion pages is a continuing insult to
black pundits everywhere. Blow obviously only has his job because he is
black, and if this is the best the most prestigious paper in the country
could do in seeking “diversity,” “The Bell Curve” was more accurate than
we thought. But Blow isn’t the best, or even one of the best, black
pundits the Times could employ, and he’s unbearably pompous to boot.

Yesterday Blow’s column was titled “Anti-Vax Insanity.” I have not read
a Blow column for more than a year, but this made me think, “Gee, a
column from Blow that doesn’t involve foaming at the mouth over Donald
Trump!” Silly me. Here is how it starts:

“Nothing better exemplifies the gaping political divide in this country
than our embarrassing and asinine vaccine response. Donald Trump’s
scorched earth political strategy has fooled millions of Americans into
flirting with death. And now thousands are once again dying for it.”

Later he writes,

“Why were Americans turning away a vaccine that many people in other
parts of the world were literally dying for? Many did so because of
their fidelity to the lie and their fidelity to the liar. They did it
because they were — and still are — slavishly devoted to Trump, and
because many politicians and conservative commentators helped Trump
propagate his lies.”

Blow managed to find one poll —you know, polls—that kind of backed his
thesis if you squint hard and aren’t thinking clearly, except that it
doesn’t mention Donald Trump at all. That’s a pretty big “except.” What
the poll shows is that more Republicans than Democrats distrust the
vaccine and object to the government telling them they have to take the
shots. Well, that would have been the result if Donald Trump had never
been born, and whether the vaccine was deadly or conveyed immortality.

Blow doesn’t even read his own paper. The Times did one of the
investigative reporting jobs that keeps me subscribing—barely!—at the
beginning of the month with a front page feature headlined, “Who are the
unvaccinated in America? There’s no one answer.”

Remember: Blow just wrote that the one answer is “Trump.”

The piece has 3363 words. “Trump” appears once, in a paragraph near the
end describing an 82-year-old man who has been avoiding vaccinations all
his life:

“Mr. Sims always managed to take a bathroom break. He said he would
emerge after his turn had passed. Now he lives in Houston and identifies
as more of a libertarian than a Republican, though he voted for Donald
J. Trump in November. But Mr. Sims was emphatic that his politics have
not shaped his near lifelong antipathy to vaccines. ‘It has to do with
my civil rights,’ he said. ‘The United States government’s main job is
to protect me from foreign and domestic enemies. Not my health. I’m in
charge of my health.'”

Got it. It’s all Donald Trump’s fault. Clear as a bell.

Blow, for such a pompous ass, doesn’t comprehend basic logic or the
significance of correlations. People who don’t trust the government
tended to support Trump, and people who don’t trust the government tend
to be wary of the vaccine. That doesn’t make Trump responsible for
vaccine resistance, or even suggest it. Indeed, Trump sees the
development of the vaccine on his speedy timetable as a personal
accomplishment. He has urged Americans to get vaccinated. Never mind. To
Blow and those like him—it’s horrifying to consider that anyone’s like
him—Trump is responsible for everything and anything they don’t like.

The Times’ list of reasons why people are not getting vaccinated is
interesting, and it also doesn’t include “President Trump.” The #1
reason is fear of side-effects. That may be overblown, but it isn’t
“insane.” #2 is “Waiting to see if safe.” Well, how long are they going
to wait? Still not “insane.” 27% don’t trust the government. That’s
amazing: it should be close to 100%. The public has listened to the
flip-flops, obfuscations and lies of Dr. Fauci and the CDC; it has seen
mayors and governors and the Speaker of the House insist that wearing
masks and social distancing were essential and then see them break their
own rules, and often lie about it.

In another chart (above), the Times tries to track the demographic
profiles of those who are waiting for more information about vaccines
compared to those who say they will not consider them. It exposes Blow’s
deceptive representation of the Monmouth poll. It is true that the
“NeverVax” group is overwhelmingly GOP, but the “wait and see” group is
pretty evenly divided between Donkeys and Elephants. Both groups aren’t
vaccinated.

Charles Blow’s Trump-Deranged, partisan distortion is, in short,
disinformation. Yes, it’s opinion, but it is opinion sanctified by being
published in the Times, by a writer the Times is presenting as
responsible and worthy of attention. It’s just the kind of
disinformation—from the Left, in other words, calculated to nourish hate
and disvision— that the social media platforms won’t censor, and that
the New York Times will publish….even if its own pages expose it as
divisive, malicious lies.

https://www.avg.com

HeartDoc Andrew

Aug 10, 2021, 12:07:47 PM8/10/21
"The former guy" is being blamed for vaccine hesitancy among his
followers just as our LORD Jesus Christ of Nazareth was blamed for His
followers not fasting to stop the sin of gluttony (little did the
Pharisees know that holding ourselves to the right daily amount also
stops the sin of gluttony).

A leader will be blamed for the sins of their followers.

To not do our part to stop the pandemic is a sin.

So let's follow the LORD, Who is wonderfully hungry (
http://bit.ly/Lk2442 ) and Who is willing to help us stop the
pandemic, instead of "the former guy" who isn't either.

The only *healthy* way to stop the pandemic, thereby saving lives, in
the U.S. & elsewhere is by rapidly ( http://bit.ly/RapidTestCOVID-19 )
finding out at any given moment, including even while on-line, who
among us are unwittingly contagious (i.e pre-symptomatic or
asymptomatic) in order to http://bit.ly/convince_it_forward (John
15:12) for them to call their doctor and self-quarantine per their
doctor in hopes of stopping this pandemic. Thus, we're hoping for the
best while preparing for the worse-case scenario of the Alpha lineage
mutations and others like the Gamma, Beta, Epsilon, Iota, Lambda &
Delta lineage mutations combining to form hybrids that render current
COVID vaccines no longer effective.

Indeed, I am wonderfully hungry ( http://bit.ly/RapidTestCOVID-19 )
and hope you, Michael, also have a healthy appetite too.

So how are you ?

HeartDoc Andrew <><
--
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Cardiologist with an http://HeartMDPhD.com/EternalMedicalLicense

Michael Ejercito

Aug 11, 2021, 10:25:12 AM8/11/21
I am wonderfully hungry!

Michael

HeartDoc Andrew

Aug 11, 2021, 11:08:59 AM8/11/21
MichaelE wrote:
8:3) us to hunger, I note that you, Michael, not only don't have
COVID-19 but are rapture (Luke 17:37) ready and pray (2 Chronicles
7:14) that our Everlasting (Isaiah 9:6) Father in Heaven continues to
give us "much more" (Luke 11:13) Holy Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23) so
that we'd have much more of His Help to always say/write that we're
"wonderfully hungry" in **all** ways including especially caring to
http://bit.ly/convince_it_forward (John 15:12 as shown by
http://bit.ly/RapidTestCOVID-19 ) with all glory (
http://bit.ly/Psalm117_ ) to GOD (aka HaShem, Elohim, Abba, DEO), in
the name (John 16:23) of LORD Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Amen.

Laus DEO !

Suggested further reading:
https://groups.google.com/g/sci.med.cardiology/c/5EWtT4CwCOg/m/QjNF57xRBAAJ

Shorter link:
http://bit.ly/StatCOVID-19Test

http://HeartMDPhD.com/HeartDocAndrewToutsHunger (Luke 6:21a) with all
glory ( http://HeartMDPhD.com/Psalm117_ ) to GOD, Who causes us to
hunger (Deuteronomy 8:3) when He blesses us right now (Luke 6:21a)
thereby removing the http://HeartMDPhD.com/VAT from around the heart