Former UK health secretary Matt Hancock’s early Covid warnings were ignored by No 10, say allies

Michael Ejercito

Nov 26, 2023, 8:32:11 PM11/26/23
https://www.reddit.com/r/LockdownSkepticism/comments/184bu37/former_uk_health_secretary_matt_hancocks_early/

Former UK health secretary Matt Hancock’s early Covid warnings were
ignored by No 10, say allies
Ex-cabinet minister set to hit back at inquiry after being made a
scapegoat for government failings

Toby Helm Political editor
Sat 25 Nov 2023 13.00 EST
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare via Email
Matt Hancock and his officials bombarded Downing Street with early
warnings about Covid-19 but were treated with ridicule and contempt,
according to senior Whitehall figures, who believe that the former
health secretary is unfairly being made a scapegoat by civil servants
and scientists during the official inquiry into the pandemic.

Attempts by the Department of Health, in mid to late January 2020, to
raise the alarm were dismissed out of hand by senior staff working for
the then prime minister, Boris Johnson, because they believed Hancock
was mainly seeking publicity and exaggerating the dangers, the insiders say.

One with detailed knowledge of events at the time told the Observer:
“The DoH was pushing really hard and the Cabinet Office and Downing
Street were saying ‘Look, we’ve just had an election and we have got to
get Brexit done: could you and your pandemic just fuck off and stop
irritating us.’ They totally trivialised it and did not want to engage.”

On Thursday and Friday, Hancock will appear before the Covid inquiry and
is expected to mount a concerted effort to defend his reputation, after
weeks in which he has come under attack for being dishonest, incompetent
and more interested in self-promotion than tackling the spread of the
coronavirus.

Allies of the former health secretary – while accepting that his
behaviour was often irritating and that he at times seemed overconfident
– hope he will use the occasion to challenge what they believe has been
a semi-orchestrated attempt by others to deflect blame away from
themselves, and conceal their initial slowness to react.

Referring to several officials – including Johnson’s closest adviser
Dominic Cummings, the former Cabinet secretary Mark Sedwill, and the
permanent secretary at No 10 Simon Case – the source said that “those
around Johnson” knew they were late to see the Covid danger. They
realised that because many people found Hancock to be annoying, they
could usefully make him a fall guy: “Matt was irritating, yes, but the
idea that he was not trusted or was thought of as dishonest at the time,
that was just not true.”

Sedwill has already admitted to the inquiry that he received a request
on around 21 January 2020 from Hancock’s DoH for a meeting of the
emergency Cobra committee to discuss the spread of Covid and its threat
to the UK.

“I felt that a Cobra which might have been convened primarily for
communications purposes wasn’t wise,” Sedwill said, making clear he
believed Hancock was raising concerns in order to get himself into the
media. “Two days later I was advised there was a genuine
cross-government basis for it and I agreed,” Sedwill said.

WhatsApp messages from Sedwill also reveal that he told Johnson to sack
the “lying” health secretary in order to “save lives and protect the
NHS”. Sedwill later claimed this was a joke in a Whatsapp to Case.

Criticism of Hancock has also come from the most senior scientists. Sir
Patrick Vallance, the government’s chief scientific officer, told the
inquiry last week that Hancock repeatedly got ahead of himself and said
things for which there was no evidence.

“I think he had a habit of saying things which he didn’t have a basis
for and he would say them too enthusiastically too early, without the
evidence to back them up, and then have to backtrack from them days
later,” Vallance said. “I don’t know to what extent that was sort of
over-enthusiasm versus deliberate – I think a lot of it was
over-enthusiasm.”

Earlier, Helen MacNamara, another senior civil servant in Downing
Street, had told the inquiry that Hancock was “regularly” telling people
things that they later discovered were not true and that No 10 had a
“lack of confidence” that what he was saying “was actually happening”.

Rishi Sunak, then chancellor, visits Scotlandwith his eat out to help
out scheme in 2020, now heavily criticised.
Rishi Sunak, then chancellor, visits Scotland with his eat out to help
out scheme in 2020, now heavily criticised. Photograph: Jeff J Mitchell/PA
Hancock is bound to come under most pressure over his repeated claims in
May 2020 to have put a “protective ring” around care homes, by which he
meant that when patients left hospitals to go into homes they were
Covid-free.

In the first wave of the pandemic there were, however, almost 27,000
excess deaths in care homes in England and Wales compared with the
2015–19 average. The virus penetrated homes so widely that 13 homes in
England saw two dozen or more Covid deaths each in just 11 weeks at the
start of the pandemic.

The former health secretary is also bound to be asked about his
reservations at the time about Rishi Sunak’s decision to introduce the
“eat out to help out” scheme.

The initiative, which is said to have been known at the time within the
DoH as the “eat out to spread the virus” scheme, was announced without
any consultation with scientists or Hancock. Hancock found out that it
was happening only when he read the press release on the day it was
announced.

Giving evidence last week, Prof Jonathan Van-Tam, England’s former
deputy chief medical officer during the pandemic, also said he was not
consulted over the “eat out to help out” scheme.

“The first I heard about it was on TV,” Van-Tam said, adding that had he
been consulted he would have said it went against everything that the
government and scientists had been trying to achieve over the previous
months. “So it didn’t feel sensible to me.”

Both Sunak and Johnson are scheduled to appear before the inquiry next week.

HeartDoc Andrew

Nov 26, 2023, 9:08:20 PM11/26/23
Michael Ejercito wrote:

>https://www.reddit.com/r/LockdownSkepticism/comments/184bu37/former_uk_health_secretary_matt_hancocks_early/
>
>Former UK health secretary Matt Hancock’s early Covid warnings were
>ignored by No?10, say allies
>permanent secretary at No?10 Simon Case – the source said that “those
>things that they later discovered were not true and that No?10 had a
In the interim, we are 100% prepared/protected in the "full armor of
GOD" (Ephesians 6:11) which we put on as soon as we use
Apostle Paul's secret (http://bit.ly/Philippians4_12 ). Though masking
is less protective, it helps us avoid the appearance of doing the evil
of spreading airborne pathogens while there are people getting sick
because of not being 100% protected. It is written that we're to
"abstain from **all** appearance of doing evil" (1 Thessalonians 5:22
w/**emphasis**).

Source:
https://biblehub.com/1_thessalonians/5-22.htm

Meanwhile, the only *perfect* (Matt 5:47-8) way to eradicate the
COVID-19 virus, thereby saving lives, in the UK & elsewhere is by
rapidly ( http://bit.ly/RapidTestCOVID-19 ) finding out at any given
moment, including even while on-line, who among us are unwittingly
contagious (i.e pre-symptomatic or asymptomatic) in order to
http://WDJW.great-site.net/ConvinceItForward (John 15:12) for them to
call their doctor and self-quarantine per their doctor in hopes of
stopping this pandemic. Thus, we're hoping for the best while
preparing for the worse-case scenario of the Alpha lineage mutations
and others like the Omicron, Gamma, Beta, Epsilon, Iota, Lambda, Mu &
Delta lineage mutations combining via slip-RNA-replication to form
hybrids like http://tinyurl.com/Deltamicron that may render current
COVID vaccines/monoclonals/medicines/pills no longer effective.

Indeed, I am wonderfully hungry ( http://tinyurl.com/RapidOmicronTest
) and hope you, Michael, also have a healthy appetite too.

So how are you ?

HeartDoc Andrew <><
--
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
http://WonderfullyHungry.org

Michael Ejercito

Nov 26, 2023, 10:01:36 PM11/26/23
I am wonderfully hungry!

Michael

HeartDoc Andrew

Nov 26, 2023, 10:46:16 PM11/26/23
Michael Ejercito wrote:
8:3) us to hunger, I note that you, Michael, are rapture ready (Luke
17:37 means no COVID just as eagles circling over their food have no
COVID) and pray (2 Chronicles 7:14) that our Everlasting (Isaiah 9:6)
Father in Heaven continues to give us "much more" (Luke 11:13) Holy
Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23) so that we'd have much more of His Help to
always say/write that we're "wonderfully hungry" in **all** ways
including especially caring to
http://WDJW.great-site.net/ConvinceItForward (John 15:12 as shown by
http://tinyurl.com/RapidOmicronTest ) with all glory (
http://bit.ly/Psalm112_1 ) to GOD (aka HaShem, Elohim, Abba, DEO), in
the name (John 16:23) of LORD Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Amen.

Laus DEO !

Suggested further reading:
https://groups.google.com/g/sci.med.cardiology/c/5EWtT4CwCOg/m/QjNF57xRBAAJ

Shorter link:
http://bit.ly/StatCOVID-19Test

http://bit.ly/HeartDocAndrew touts hunger (Luke 6:21a) with all glory
( http://bit.ly/Psalm112_1 ) to GOD, Who causes us to hunger
(Deuteronomy 8:3) when He blesses us right now (Luke 6:21a) thereby
removing the http://WDJW.great-site.net/VAT from around the heart

tesla sTinker ofm minim

Nov 27, 2023, 1:31:25 PM11/27/23

On 11/26/2023 7:46 PM, HeartDoc Andrew scribbled:
>>> COVID-19 virus, thereby saving lives, in the UK& elsewhere is by
> ....because we mindfully choose to openly care with our heart,
>
> HeartDoc Andrew<><
airborne pathogens are no match for Jesus. And its very important
that you do understand, Jesus never changed the old testament, it is
still very valid. That is why Jesus tells you to listen to Moses. Man,
has changed the Bible, not God, and for that reason, you cannot use a
false one. However, Man also pollutes the air. And today, toxic pet
coke is the big problem, amongst other factories. The carbon has to go,
but more so the metal in the air. They never should of used it as
a fuel. However the people who do this, are not Christian, nor do they
read and adhere to the Bible. For you have to adhere to it, to be
a true catholic . Only then, are you.

USA has a problem with IRAN IRAQ. The whole world does, always has had one.
the Parthian empire was cursed by God way back when they built the tower
of Babel, and ever since then, they adopted the devils strategy in
waging war on all nations. And have been doing it ever since.
Since back then, when they read it, that they were cursed, they changed
all the names to be deceptive, so parthian empire was no longer called
that. And the place of Babel is located about 35 miles north of
babylon, but its not named babylon, it is called bagdad now.
And this is life. When God curses a place, all those people never go to
heaven. They will be with the devil forever in hell. So yes, you
have to fight them. There is not another way. So far, they have
attacked Russia, Greece, many places to many to list, and have had
numerous political kings called Mohhamad all thru history. They
declared there false pagan religion about the year 500 or so, Never
America. But first, they must clean their own house cause its flooded
with them and their intent, is to destroy and take America, and Isr

HeartDoc Andrew

Nov 27, 2023, 3:16:38 PM11/27/23
(Helen) 11/27/23 Again praying w/ Daniel here ...

https://groups.google.com/g/alt.bible.prophecy/c/4XFaWTAF31Y/m/AArlL8RfEQAJ