‘Great Resignation’ gains steam as return-to-work plans take effect

Michael Ejercito

Jun 30, 2021, 10:46:18 AM6/30/21
http://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/29/more-people-plan-to-quit-as-return-to-work-plans-go-into-effect-.html

PERSONAL FINANCE
‘Great Resignation’ gains steam as return-to-work plans take effect
PUBLISHED TUE, JUN 29 202110:42 AM EDTUPDATED TUE, JUN 29 202112:21 PM EDT
Jessica Dickler
@JDICKLER
SHARE
Share Article via Facebook
Share Article via Twitter
Share Article via LinkedIn
Share Article via Email
KEY POINTS
Instead of heading back to the office in the wake of the Covid pandemic,
employees may quit instead.
In what’s being called the “Great Resignation,” 95% of workers are
considering changing jobs, according to a report by Monster.com.
WATCH NOW
VIDEO09:56
We may never go back to the office full-time
Before Covid, Blaze Bullock, 34, was on the road one week a month as a
marketing consultant in the auto industry.

Then, when the country shut down, Bullock began working remotely. “Now
they want me to start traveling again and visiting car dealerships,” he
said. “I don’t want to do that at all.”

Bullock said he likes working from home and spending more time with his
friends and family in Salt Lake City. “I realized this is the only way I
want to live.”

The pandemic has caused a lot of people to reevaluate, particularly when
it comes to work.

After working from home for over a year, Blaze Bullock says he'd like to
freelance full-time or at least find a position that's entirely remote –
and he's seen plenty of those types of openings.
After working from home for over a year, Blaze Bullock says he’d like to
freelance full-time or at least find a position that’s entirely remote –
and he’s seen plenty of those types of openings.
Source: Blaze Bullock
After spending more than a year at home, some don’t want to go back to
commuting, preferring the flexibility of remote work at least a few days
a week.

Others are simply burned out from logging long hours while also
balancing child care and remote school, sometimes all at once.

And nearly all employees are ready to see what else is out there.

“Either they’re unfulfilled from their jobs or their priorities have
changed,” said Maria Reitan, founder and head coach at Jump Team, based
in Minneapolis.

More from Personal Finance:
The possible consequence of a $15 minimum wage
Before you quit, here’s what you need to know
Early end to extra benefits not driving job searches, data suggests

In what’s been dubbed the “Great Resignation,” a whopping 95% of workers
are now considering changing jobs, and 92% are even willing to switch
industries to find the right position, according to a recent report by
jobs site Monster.com.

Most say burnout and lack of growth opportunities are what is driving
the shift, Monster found.

“When we were in the throes of the pandemic, so many people buckled
down, now what we’re seeing is a sign of confidence,” said Scott
Blumsack, senior vice president of research and insights at Monster.

Already, a record 4 million people quit their jobs in April alone,
according to the Labor Department.

Candidates are putting their toe in the water to see what’s out there.
Scott Blumsack
SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT OF RESEARCH AND INSIGHTS AT MONSTER
At the same time, there are more opportunities for job seekers — with
the Labor Department reporting a record 9.3 million job openings as of
the latest tally.

“The number of open jobs is higher than ever before, that’s absolutely
contributing to why candidates are putting their toe in the water to see
what’s out there,” Blumsack said.

As Covid vaccinations gain steam, so are plans to return to the office,
which is driving more workers to consider their options.

In a survey of more than 350 CEOs and human resources and finance
leaders, 70% said they plan to have employees back in the office by the
fall of this year — if not sooner — according to a report by staffing
firm LaSalle Network.

WATCH NOW
VIDEO03:42
Here are the pros and cons of remote work
Of the companies that are planning for office reentry, managing
employees who want to continue working remotely is a top concern,
LaSalle Network found.

“If we see a wave of employees leaving, companies are going to have to
figure it out,” Reitan said.

Now, 9 out of 10 organizations will be combining remote and on-site
working, according to a separate McKinsey survey. Most companies,
however, said they’ve haven’t hammered out the specifics of what that
will look like.

https://www.avg.com

HeartDoc Andrew

Jun 30, 2021, 11:02:26 AM6/30/21
The only *healthy* way to stop the pandemic, thereby saving lives, in
the U.S. & elsewhere is by rapidly ( http://bit.ly/RapidTestCOVID-19 )
finding out at any given moment, including even while on-line, who
among us are unwittingly contagious (i.e pre-symptomatic or
asymptomatic) in order to http://bit.ly/convince_it_forward (John
15:12) for them to call their doctor and self-quarantine per their
doctor in hopes of stopping this pandemic. Thus, we're hoping for the
best while preparing for the worse-case scenario of the Alpha lineage
mutations and others like the Gamma, Beta, Epsilon, Iota, & Delta
lineage mutations combining to form hybrids that render current COVID
vaccines no longer effective.

Indeed, I am wonderfully hungry ( http://bit.ly/RapidTestCOVID-19 )
and hope you, Michael, also have a healthy appetite too.

So how are you ?

HeartDoc Andrew <><
--
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
and author of the 2PD-OMER Approach:

Michael Ejercito

Jun 30, 2021, 11:21:36 AM6/30/21
I am wonderfully hungry!

Michael

HeartDoc Andrew

Jun 30, 2021, 11:44:26 AM6/30/21
MichaelE wrote:
> I am wonderfully hungry!

8:3) us to hunger, I note that you, Michael, not only don't have
COVID-19 but are rapture (Luke 17:37) ready and pray (2 Chronicles
7:14) that our Everlasting (Isaiah 9:6) Father in Heaven continues to
give us "much more" (Luke 11:13) Holy Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23) so
that we'd have much more of His Help to always say/write that we're
"wonderfully hungry" in **all** ways including especially caring to
http://bit.ly/convince_it_forward (John 15:12 as shown by
http://bit.ly/RapidTestCOVID-19 ) with all glory (
http://bit.ly/Psalm117_ ) to GOD (aka HaShem, Elohim, Abba, DEO), in
the name (John 16:23) of LORD Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Amen.

Laus DEO !

Suggested further reading:
https://groups.google.com/g/sci.med.cardiology/c/5EWtT4CwCOg/m/QjNF57xRBAAJ

Shorter link: