China Covid: Millions back in lockdown as Beijing doubles down on zero-Covid

Michael Ejercito

Oct 31, 2022, 8:38:44 AM10/31/22
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-63410341

Published
3 days ago

Share
Related Topics
Coronavirus pandemic
This photo taken on September 17, 2022 shows a health worker taking a
swab sample from a young resident to be tested for the Covid-19
coronavirus in Chengdu
IMAGE SOURCE,GETTY IMAGES
Image caption,
China has reported a third straight day of more than 1,000 cases
By Yvette Tan
BBC News
Dozens of cities across China, including Wuhan where the coronavirus was
first recorded, have gone into lockdown - as the country pursues leader
Xi Jinping's zero-Covid policy.

More than 800,000 people in one district in Wuhan were told to stay at
home until 30 October.

"We feel numb to it all. We feel more and more numb," one local told
Reuters.

The city of Zhengzhou, home to the world's largest iPhone manufacturing
plant, was also affected.

It comes as China reported a third straight day of more than 1,000 cases.

Earlier this month Mr Xi signalled that there would be no easing up of
the zero-Covid policy, calling it a "people's war to stop the spread of
the virus".

As of Oct 24, some 28 cities across the country were implementing some
degree of lockdown measures, analysts Nomura told news agency Reuters -
with around 207 million people affected in regions responsible for
almost a quarter of China's GDP, it added.

Across the country, around 200 lockdowns have been implemented in recent
days - the majority of this affecting communities that have been marked
as high or medium risk. Residents in different areas are subject to
different rules, depending on whether they are in a low, medium or
high-risk zone.

Wuhan reported up to 25 new infections a day this week, with more than
200 cases over the past two weeks.

In Zhengzhou, a "small number of employees" from Foxconn - a major
manufacturer for Apple - have been "affected by the pandemic", the
manufacturer told the BBC, adding that quarantined employees were being
provided with "material supplies, psychological comfort and responsive
feedback". It comes at a critical period for Apple - which is now making
the new iPhone 14.

Earlier this week, in-person schooling and dining in at restaurants were
suspended in the southern Chinese hub of Guangzhou - which on Thursday
reported 19 new virus cases, Some neighbourhoods in the city also remain
subject to various control measures.

Blue iron walls are used to temporarily isolate and control a
residential community in Shanghai, Oct 25
IMAGE SOURCE,GETTY IMAGES
Image caption,
A residential community in Shanghai has been placed under lockdown
Even further-flung regions such as Tibet have been affected, after
footage emerged earlier this week showing rare large-scale protests
against strict zero-Covid measures in the regional capital Lhasa.

The city has been under lockdown for nearly three months as it battles
the virus - local officials on Thursday had said eight new Covid cases
were reported in Lhasa.

Multiple videos on social media showed hundreds demonstrating and
clashing with police. They were said to be mostly ethnic Han Chinese
migrant workers. A Lhasa resident confirmed to the BBC that the
demonstration had taken place in the city on Wednesday.

Though seen as relatively small outbreaks in other parts of the world,
China adheres to a strict zero-Covid policy, where authorities try to
wipe out outbreaks.

The adherence to the policy comes despite increasing public fatigue and
anger over lockdowns and travel restrictions. The country's economy has
also taken a hit as a result - with GDP falling by 2.6% in the three
months to the end of June from the previous quarter.

Videos emerge of rare Covid protests in Tibet
The politics driving China's hellish lockdowns
How zero-Covid is spoiling Xi's party

www.avg.com

HeartDoc Andrew

Oct 31, 2022, 12:52:06 PM10/31/22
The only *healthy* way to stop the pandemic, thereby saving lives, in
China & elsewhere is by rapidly ( http://bit.ly/RapidTestCOVID-19
) finding out at any given moment, including even while on-line, who
among us are unwittingly contagious (i.e pre-symptomatic or
asymptomatic) in order to http://tinyurl.com/ConvinceItForward (John
15:12) for them to call their doctor and self-quarantine per their
doctor in hopes of stopping this pandemic. Thus, we're hoping for the
best while preparing for the worse-case scenario of the Alpha lineage
mutations and others like the Omicron, Gamma, Beta, Epsilon, Iota,
Lambda, Mu & Delta lineage mutations combining via
slip-RNA-replication to form hybrids like
http://tinyurl.com/Deltamicron that may render current COVID
vaccines/monoclonals/medicines/pills no longer effective.

Indeed, I am wonderfully hungry ( http://tinyurl.com/RapidOmicronTest
) and hope you, Michael, also have a healthy appetite too.

So how are you ?

HeartDoc Andrew <><
--
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
http://WonderfullyHungry.org

Michael Ejercito

Nov 1, 2022, 11:38:27 AM11/1/22
I am wonderfully hungry!

Michael

HeartDoc Andrew

Nov 1, 2022, 12:47:47 PM11/1/22
Michael Ejercito wrote:
8:3) us to hunger, I note that you, Michael, are rapture ready (Luke
17:37 means no COVID just as eagles circling over their food have no
COVID) and pray (2 Chronicles 7:14) that our Everlasting (Isaiah 9:6)
Father in Heaven continues to give us "much more" (Luke 11:13) Holy
Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23) so that we'd have much more of His Help to
always say/write that we're "wonderfully hungry" in **all** ways
including especially caring to http://tinyurl.com/ConvinceItForward
(John 15:12 as shown by http://tinyurl.com/RapidOmicronTest ) with all
glory ( http://bit.ly/Psalm112_1 ) to GOD (aka HaShem, Elohim, Abba,
DEO), in the name (John 16:23) of LORD Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Amen.

Laus DEO !

Suggested further reading:
https://groups.google.com/g/sci.med.cardiology/c/5EWtT4CwCOg/m/QjNF57xRBAAJ

Shorter link:
http://bit.ly/StatCOVID-19Test

http://bit.ly/HeartDocAndrew touts hunger (Luke 6:21a) with all glory
( http://bit.ly/Psalm112_1 ) to GOD, Who causes us to hunger
(Deuteronomy 8:3) when He blesses us right now (Luke 6:21a) thereby
removing the http://tinyurl.com/HeartVAT from around the heart