Well THAT’S Cleared Up! Now We Know (As If There Was Reason For Doubt) That The CDC Is A Political Organization, Not A Scientific One, And Thus Not To Be Trusted

Michael Ejercito

Apr 11, 2021, 12:17:34 PM4/11/21
http://ethicsalarms.com/2021/04/10/well-thats-cleared-up-now-we-know-as-if-there-was-reason-for-doubt-that-the-cdc-is-a-political-organization-not-a-scientific-one-and-thus-not-to-be-trusted/

Well THAT’S Cleared Up! Now We Know (As If There Was Reason For Doubt)
That The CDC Is A Political Organization, Not A Scientific One, And Thus
Not To Be Trusted
APRIL 10, 2021 / JACK MARSHALL

Dr. Rochelle Walensky, the current Director of the Centers For Disease
Control, released a statement last week that declared “racism” a public
health threat.

Go ahead and read the statement if you like; that sentence above is all
you need to know from an ethics perspective. If “racism”—it’s in quotes
because the definition no longer has any coherent meaning, since it has
been distorted to mean anything a social justice warrior or an unhappy
individual who regards himself/herself/whateverself as a minority needs
the word to mean at a given time or in a particular dispute, or, of
course, a dictatorial-minded government—is a health issue, almost
anything is. Maybe everything.

Walensky’s motives could be just about anything too. Maybe she really
believes this and that it’s a legitimate topic for the agency under its
mission. If she does believe that, she’s not very bright. The CDC
Mission Statement makes it crystal clear that the agency’s purpose in to
fight disease, stating at the outset:

Whether diseases start at home or abroad, are chronic or acute, curable
or preventable, human error or deliberate attack, CDC fights disease and
supports communities and citizens to do the same.

Because that’s what the Mission states at the beginning, the mission
cannot suddenly expand elsewhere. (You would think the agency’s name
would have precluded doing so as well.) I write mission statements as an
occupation (among other things); groups pay me to help them compose
theirs. You can’t have an ethical, valid Mission Statement that begins
like that, and then goes on to say that the organization is also
concerned with cheating at Parcheesi and overcooking good steaks. “Race”
is not a disease, and how people treat race is based on emotion, which
is not subject to hard science.

But I don’t believe Walensky actually is so foolish that she believes
race is a proper focus of her agency. I believe she is 1) virtue
signaling to the Left, which sure is working out well for, say, Major
League Baseball, isn’t it? and 2) deliberately aligning with progressive
politics, meaning her pals, colleagues and neighbors.

The latter sabotages her own agency’s credibility, however, and the
CDC’s credibility is decidedly at low tide, thanks to the feckless and
inept Dr. Fauci and the agency’s atrocious, flip-flopping regarding and
during the pandemic. The latest proof of its ineptitude is the news that
Great Britain has achieved “herd immunity” through the sensible policy
of prioritizing first dose vaccinations for everyone before giving
second doses to anyone. The CDC pooh-poohed this approach, and it
appears the CDC was, as usual, dead wrong. The agency is now like George
Costanza on “Seinfeld,” who realized that he was so reliably
wrong-headed in every decision that he would benefit by doing the
opposite of what seemed sensible to him (And it worked!).

But I digress.

Racism is a health risk in the attenuated way speech can be a health
factor, or success and failure, or wealth and poverty, or luck, or
having two parents who stick around to raise you, or being tall, or
smart, or curious, or cute. Where you are born can be a health risk, and
what you choose to do as a living may bea health risk, and what your
hobbies are can be a health risk. Bad taste in lovers, spouses and
partners is a health risk. Poor choice of friends is a health risk.
Whether people like you is a huge health factor, which meansbad manners
are a health risk, charisma or the opposite of it is a health factor,
and chewing with your mouth open is a therefore health risk. Heck, your
accent, grammar and vocabulary are health factors, as Henry Higgins
eloquently talk/sings in “My Fair Lady”:

An Englishman’s way of speaking absolutely classifies him,
The moment he talks he makes some other
Englishman despise him!
When people despise you, you are handicapped in life—stressed, and
stress can make you sick. Now stress is legitimately within the CDC’s
purview. That does not mean everything that can cause stress is. The
politicization of everything is stressing out millions of people,
including me.

Being unpopular can result in one having to work twice or ten-times as
hard to get where others arrive easily, if you can arrive at all. What
do you do about your problems? Well, you don’t look to the CDC—at least
not until it officially changes its name to the Centers For Everything
Control.

We all get it, on all sides of the ideological spectrum, do we not:
today, we can blame race for everything, and those who fail increasingly
are taken seriously when they do. Life is indeed unfair. Hey! Life is a
health risk!

What the CDC, an arm of the totalitarian-tilting Leftist government on
the rise now is doing is to try to lay the groundwork for mandatory
government measures attempting to control whatever the broadest
definition of racism is that can be sold to the public. This is not not
science, it’s rhetorical sleight of hand: deeply dishonest, deeply
cynical, and deeply risky itself, because there is no reason to trust a
“science” agency that behaves like this. It is playing racial politics
when its priorities should lie elsewhere.

Come to think of it, though, having a politicized and untrustworthy
Centers for Disease Control is a serious health risk!

HeartDoc Andrew

Apr 11, 2021, 1:42:09 PM4/11/21
MichaelE wrote:

>http://ethicsalarms.com/2021/04/10/well-thats-cleared-up-now-we-know-as-if-there-was-reason-for-doubt-that-the-cdc-is-a-political-organization-not-a-scientific-one-and-thus-not-to-be-trusted/
>

>Well THAT’S Cleared Up! Now We Know (As If There Was Reason For Doubt)
>That The CDC Is A Political Organization, Not A Scientific One, And Thus
>Not To Be Trusted
>APRIL 10, 2021 / JACK MARSHALL
>

>Dr. Rochelle Walensky, the current Director of the Centers For Disease
>Control, released a statement last week that declared “racism” a public
>health threat.
>
>Go ahead and read the statement if you like; that sentence above is all
>you need to know from an ethics perspective. If “racism”—it’s in quotes
>because the definition no longer has any coherent meaning, since it has
>been distorted to mean anything a social justice warrior or an unhappy
>individual who regards himself/herself/whateverself as a minority needs
>the word to mean at a given time or in a particular dispute, or, of
>course, a dictatorial-minded government—is a health issue, almost
>anything is. Maybe everything.

Actually, racism defined in a dictionary as "a belief that race is a
fundamental determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial
differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race" does
have "coherent meaning."

Source of definition:
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/racism

In the interim, I am simply wonderfully hungry (
http://bit.ly/RapidTestCOVID-19 ) and hope you, Michael, also have a
healthy appetite too.

So how are you ?

HeartDoc Andrew <><
--
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
and author of the 2PD-OMER Approach:

Michael Ejercito

Apr 12, 2021, 9:51:20 AM4/12/21
HeartDoc Andrew wrote:
> MichaelE wrote:
>
>> http://ethicsalarms.com/2021/04/10/well-thats-cleared-up-now-we-know-as-if-there-was-reason-for-doubt-that-the-cdc-is-a-political-organization-not-a-scientific-one-and-thus-not-to-be-trusted/
>>

>> Well THAT’S Cleared Up! Now We Know (As If There Was Reason For Doubt)
>> That The CDC Is A Political Organization, Not A Scientific One, And Thus
>> Not To Be Trusted
>> APRIL 10, 2021 / JACK MARSHALL
>>

>> Dr. Rochelle Walensky, the current Director of the Centers For Disease
>> Control, released a statement last week that declared “racism” a public
>> health threat.
>>
>> Go ahead and read the statement if you like; that sentence above is all
>> you need to know from an ethics perspective. If “racism”—it’s in quotes
>> because the definition no longer has any coherent meaning, since it has
>> been distorted to mean anything a social justice warrior or an unhappy
>> individual who regards himself/herself/whateverself as a minority needs
>> the word to mean at a given time or in a particular dispute, or, of
>> course, a dictatorial-minded government—is a health issue, almost
>> anything is. Maybe everything.
>
> Actually, racism defined in a dictionary as "a belief that race is a
> fundamental determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial
> differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race" does
> have "coherent meaning."
>
> Source of definition:
> https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/racism
The so-called anti-racists go far beyond the dictionary definition.

> In the interim, I am simply wonderfully hungry (
> http://bit.ly/RapidTestCOVID-19 ) and hope you, Michael, also have a
> healthy appetite too.
>
> So how are you ?
I am wonderfully hungry!

Michael

HeartDoc Andrew

Apr 12, 2021, 12:30:30 PM4/12/21
MichaelE wrote:
Scientists, including those at the CDC, use the dictionary.

Context matters.

>> In the interim, I am simply wonderfully hungry (
>> http://bit.ly/RapidTestCOVID-19 ) and hope you, Michael, also have a
>> healthy appetite too.
>>
>> So how are you ?
>
> I am wonderfully hungry!

8:3) us to hunger, I note that you, Michael, not only don't have
COVID-19 but are rapture (Luke 17:37) ready and pray (2 Chronicles
7:14) that our Everlasting (Isaiah 9:6) Father in Heaven continues to
give us "much more" (Luke 11:13) Holy Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23) so
that we'd have much more of His Help to always say/write that we're
"wonderfully hungry" in **all** ways including especially caring to
http://bit.ly/ConvinceItForward (John 15:12 as shown by
http://bit.ly/RapidTestCOVID-19 ) with all glory (
http://bit.ly/Psalm117_ ) to GOD (aka HaShem, Elohim, Abba, DEO), in
the name (John 16:23) of LORD Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Amen.

Laus DEO !

from around the heart