Definition of 'Money' - basic to know - {HRI 20081011-V1.0}

Koos Nolst Trenite

Oct 12, 2008, 4:17:20 PM10/12/08
Definition of 'Money' - basic to know

{HRI 20081011-V1.0}

'

People are forced to find out again, in the current,
global borrowing and lending money crisis, what the
ACTUAL definition of 'money' is.

'

The actual and true definition *(a) of 'money' states, that

'Money represents objects and services.' More precisely:

'Money represents objects and services, that have to
be present, existing or available.' More precisely:

'Money represents objects and services, that have to
be present, existing or available in the demanded or
expected time frame and volume and location.'

{definition}

'

Underlying it, is of course, that people are willing and
desirous to offer, to provide, to sell and also to buy
these things an d services, and are not hindered in it.

That is given by The First Law of Economics: *(1)

'People desire to do and enjoy to do a job of value
they can be proud of.'

(Individual persons have the desire and
enthusiasm or joy, to undertake something
that is of value now or in the future, to
their fellows of Mankind.)

'

'

Added to actual money, defined above,

there is 'pretended' money, which all banks create 'out of thin
air,'

to almost double the amount of money deposited with them.

Say you deposited hundred thousand dollars with them,
then they claim, that they have (your) 100,000 dollars
still in the bank,

but at the same time they loan out to someone else, 90,000
dollars of those 100,000 dollars of yours,

that they then claim to still have, and that show
up neatly on your bank statement.

In fact they make use of your money, loaning it to
someone for let's say ten percent interest per year,

and they can then pay you interest on your deposit
of let's say four percent per year.

'

They can do that, because ON AVERAGE for a large number of
clients, these do keep most, some nine tenth of their deposit,
in the bank, not withdrawing it.

Banks are regulated to not overdo it, and they are insured
to pay back a certain minimum to clients, in case the bank
becomes bankrupt. This differs somewhat from country to
country.

All is well, if not too many clients are at the same time going
to withdraw their whole deposit from that bank.

'

When you want to improve your understanding of something complex,
then you get the very basic things straight, and you must keep these
straight despite pressure.

But when you have been made to lose the very basics of some subject,

like you don't know anymore that you are a soul and that
thinking and feeling and seeing and hearing and also
remembering, is done with the Life Energy Particles
that are from and with the soul and are interacting with
your body as the case may be, but

if you do not know the most simple and the most
basic things about life, anymore,

then you really have lost it and you go and do (the) extremely
irrational things (that you are doing in various fields).

It then becomes my job, to restore the very, very basic
knowledge to you, that Criminal Minds had made you lose. *(2)

'

Actually, it is my job to trace the major sources of Insanity and of
Evil, to understand and to expose these, and to make you understand
and expose these, and so, to nullify the major sources of Insanity
and Evil on Earth.

And to get you to do those things yourself.

You can find that in the Human Rights Issues, and in Fine
Particle Physics.

That job - to come back to the subject of money - that service to
you, which, being delivered mostly in English, is a global service,
could be valued,

considering the various areas and disciplines that it
touches most fundamentally, and uniquely, it could be
valued

to the amount of a million dollars PER DAY,

as a cautious estimate, now.

Koos Nolst Trenite 'Cause Trinity'
human rights philosopher and poet

'Men of all nations came
to listen to Solomon's wisdom,
sent by all the kings of the world,
who had heard of his wisdom.'

________
Textnote:

(a) Definitions are obtained, of course, by looking at life, at
how a term, a word or phrase is used actually, in real life,
by real people,

which gives you then its definition(s). {definition}

_________
Footnotes:

(1) 'The First Law Of Economics' (Issued 18 July 2008)
{HRI-20031201-V3.5}
(1 December 2003 - Version 3.5 on 26 Sept 2008)
http://groups.google.com/group/soc.men/msg/f6ea845338da8ee2

(2) 'Evil Creatures Fight for Evil BELIEFS, versus the Rational
Truth'
{HRI 20080918-V1.3}
(18 September 2008 - Version 1.3 on 22 Sept 2008)
http://groups.google.com/group/uk.legal/msg/ff0ac288c4141dda

(and as applicable)
'

__________
(as applicable)
'

____________
Verification:

http://www.angelfire.com/space/platoworld

Copyright 2008 by Koos Nolst Trenite - human rights philosopher
and poet
This is 'learnware' - it may not be altered, and it is free for
anyone who learns from it and (even if he can not learn from it)
who passes it on unaltered, and with this message included,
to others who might be able to learn from it (but not to sociopaths,
who vehemently oppose any true knowledge of life and of themselves).
None of my writings may be used, ever, to support any political
or religious or scientific 'agenda,' but only to educate, and to
encourage people to judge un-dominated and for themselves,
about any organizations or individuals.
Send free-of-Envy and free-of-Hate, Beautiful e-mails to:
PlatoWorld at Lycos.com

dedanoe

Oct 12, 2008, 6:19:01 PM10/12/08
my point is: "old man like me doesn't botter making points"!

your demand over my offer is the price you pay;
my demand over your offer is the price i pay;
having us paying equal prices that is:
HEALTHY COMMUNISTIC DEAL -- MARK's AND ANGEL's UTOPISTIC DREAM!
price (money) is the economic elastic coefficient.

demand of one over the offer of other is the forward economic impact
to which the other one must reply with reciprocal backwards economic
impact all in order to preserve the balance.

it's a lever thing.

LEGAL BANKING IS ILLEGAL PERPETUUM MOBILE BUSINESS existing on the
account of everyone's lost of money. how can a bank create greater
value without physical perpetuum mobile. economic capital is physical
energy i.e. just like power is speed of doing work so energy is
frequency of feeding and food costs money so energy is money.

saving on energy is very important cause:
THE MORE YOU EAT THE MORE YOU SHIT,
and soon the planet will overload with it!

hhc...@yahoo.com

Oct 13, 2008, 12:41:11 AM10/13/08

I find it curious that nobody is really given any attention to the
real cause of the econonomic issues -- our loss of national
productivity. This is a subject that politicians running for office
lack the courage to bring up.

http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/3300

Harry C.

hhc...@yahoo.com

Oct 13, 2008, 12:49:17 AM10/13/08
> Harry C.- Hide quoted text -

Actually, the following is a more readable link:

http://www.econlib.org/library/Smith/smWN.html

Harry C.

Hagar

Oct 14, 2008, 10:08:44 AM10/14/08

"Koos Nolst Trenite" <Ambassador...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Definition of 'Money' - basic to know

> {HRI 20081011-V1.0}
>
> '
>
> People are forced to find out again, in the current,
> global borrowing and lending money crisis, what the
> ACTUAL definition of 'money' is.

> snip in depth definition <

1) Money cannot buy happiness ...
2) but it will buy a lot of stuff that'll put a huge smile on your face.

Painius

Oct 14, 2008, 5:11:40 PM10/14/08
"Hagar" <ha...@sahm.name> wrote in message...

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness
I ever heard of."
> Jane Austen

happy days and...
starry starry nights!

--
Indelibly yours,
Paine Ellsworth

P.S. "Nothing shocks me. I'm a scientist."
> Indiana Jones

P.P.S.: http://yummycake.secretsgolden.com
http://garden-of-ebooks.blogspot.com
http://painellsworth.net

Message has been deleted

tadchem

Oct 14, 2008, 8:45:09 PM10/14/08

http://www.karlonia.com/2008/07/24/101-funny-quotes-about-money/

> 2) but it will buy a lot of stuff that'll put a huge smile on your face.

Tom Davidson
Richmond, VA

Painius

Oct 15, 2008, 12:28:09 AM10/15/08
<retro...@comcast.net> wrote in message...

> On Tue, 14 Oct 2008 21:11:40 GMT, "Painius" <starswi...@maol.com>
> wrote:
>>"Hagar" <ha...@sahm.name> wrote in message...
>>> "Koos Nolst Trenite" <Ambassador...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>> 1) Money cannot buy happiness ...
>>> 2) but it will buy a lot of stuff that'll put a huge smile on your face.
>>
>>"A large income is the best recipe for happiness
>>I ever heard of."
>> > Jane Austen
>

> Actually research shows that money up to about $75,000 a year
> increases happiness. after that, it has no impact. It seems once a
> certain essential level is attained, it doesn't help - on that front.

Would it surprise you, Hagar, if i told you that i have my
own idea as to why that's true? I thought not...

When people look back, they get a glimpse of the true
meaning of happiness. But before they get an actual
handle on it, the association of happiness with money
sets in. As people progress, they give themselves things
to look forward to. Vacations, doing this, doing that, and
so on. Some of these they can do at their present level
of income, and some of these they really want to do, but
they wait until they're making more money.

They get that raise, or they receive a small "windfall",
and off they go. If they have the drive and ambition to
rise to the $75,000 a year level, by this time they've
pretty much exhausted all the neat things they've been
able to do (and to look forward to). Any further boosts
in their income just don't possess the "flavor" that the
with the happiness, and that's of course where they go
wrong.

It's not the money. Money was just the vehicle to get
them what *really* made them happy. It's not the
money. It's not even the things the money enabled
them to DO. What really makes for happiness is...

T H E L O O K I N G F O R W A R D T O

Give yourself something really, really great to look
forward to. The "process" of getting there, anticipation,
the "build", *that's* the subtle meaning of true and
lasting happiness. The "process" of getting there is
actually a happier feeling than the "getting there" itself.

So, somebody out there really want to be happy? To
*really*, *actually* feel happiness? Just give yourself
something really cool, really great to look forward to.
And this works for your loved ones, too. It's the prime
way to make those you love happy. Just give *THEM*
something that *THEY* think is really cool, really great
to look forward to.

Just make a decision, a choice. It's easier than one
might think.

Han de Bruijn

Oct 15, 2008, 4:33:14 AM10/15/08
Painius wrote:

> It's not the money. Money was just the vehicle to get
> them what *really* made them happy. It's not the
> money. It's not even the things the money enabled
> them to DO. What really makes for happiness is...
>
> T H E L O O K I N G F O R W A R D T O
>
> Give yourself something really, really great to look
> forward to. The "process" of getting there, anticipation,
> the "build", *that's* the subtle meaning of true and
> lasting happiness. The "process" of getting there is
> actually a happier feeling than the "getting there" itself.

Exactly right! Now guess _what_ is the _greatest_ looking forward to ?

Han de Bruijn

Han de Bruijn

Oct 15, 2008, 4:38:25 AM10/15/08
hhc...@yahoo.com wrote:

> Actually, the following is a more readable link:
>
> http://www.econlib.org/library/Smith/smWN.html

Isn't that the good old "invisible hand" that has brought us _so_ much
"stability" and "equilibrium" ?

Han de Bruijn

Han de Bruijn

Oct 15, 2008, 4:51:58 AM10/15/08
Koos Nolst Trenite wrote:

> Definition of 'Money' - basic to know

> {HRI 20081011-V1.0}
>
> '
>
> People are forced to find out again, in the current,
> global borrowing and lending money crisis, what the
> ACTUAL definition of 'money' is.
>
> '

Everybody is _evading_ the question again, instead of at least _trying_
to answer it. Money as we know it is a inheritance from medieval times.
It's Homo Sapiens unworthy that we haven't replaced it by a scientific,
reasonable, engineered, reliable, inherently stable alternative.

Han de Bruijn

Jeff▲Relf

Oct 15, 2008, 8:36:49 AM10/15/08
Extra income can reduce your happiness;
in a way, I look forward to earning less.

Jeff▲Relf

Oct 15, 2008, 10:21:48 AM10/15/08
Happiness comes from lots of places, e.g. self-reliance;
Frustration comes from lots of places, e.g. money.

Quoting “ NickelsVilleSeattle.ORG ”:
“ During the One Night Count of January 2008,
it was found that 8,439 people were homeless in King County.

5,808 had shelter through existing programs but 2,631 were without,
a 15 percent increase over last year.
34 homeless people have died outside this year alone. ”.

Painius

Oct 15, 2008, 11:38:52 AM10/15/08
"Han de Bruijn" <Han.de...@DTO.TUDelft.NL> wrote...
in message news:122c9$48f5aaca$82a1e228$24...@news1.tudelft.nl...

Please... *PLEASE* don't say, "Heaven". <g>

Painius

Oct 15, 2008, 11:47:28 AM10/15/08
"Jeff?Relf" <Jeff...@Seattle.Invalid> wrote...
in message news:Jeff...@Seattle.2008_Oct.15|5.36am|p...

> Extra income can reduce your happiness;
> in a way, I look forward to earning less.

And so, you are proof positive that it's "the looking
forward to" that really gets those endorphins stirred
up!

Painius

Oct 15, 2008, 12:07:30 PM10/15/08
"Jeff?Relf" <Jeff...@Seattle.Invalid> wrote...
in message news:Jeff...@Seattle.2008_Oct.15|7.21am|p...

> Happiness comes from lots of places, e.g. self-reliance;
> Frustration comes from lots of places, e.g. money. . . .

Frustration comes from expectations not being met.
The fewer expectations one has, the less frustrating
life is.

"Expect the best, plan for the worst, prepare to be
surprised," is perhaps the most practical, realistic
strategy. It's a quote from one of my favorite long-
time mentors, Denis Waitley.

happy days and...
starry starry nights!

--
Indelibly yours,
Paine Ellsworth

P.S. "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the
future."
> Niels Bohr

Hagar

Oct 15, 2008, 1:14:04 PM10/15/08

"Han de Bruijn" <Han.de...@DTO.TUDelft.NL> wrote in message

We did ... the credit card.
When used correctly, you don't have to carry around a wad of greenbacks.
However, it allows to spend (temporarily, at least) money you don't own,
which comes back to haunt you some months later. Unlike the Feds, we can't
simply increase the debt ceiling and keep on spending. Those who have tried,
live in cardboard boxes now.

Jeff▲Relf

Oct 15, 2008, 1:51:03 PM10/15/08
You noted:
“ Frustration comes from expectations not being met.
The fewer expectations one has, the less frustrating life is. ”.

Exactly, and I'm seldom frustrated.

You once wrote:
“ It's ‘ the looking forward to ’ that
really gets those endorphins stirred up ! ”.

Yes, it's fun to “ Hunt ”, I do it all the time, especially here.
Usenet and the web are my babysitters, not TV, not books.

P.S. I'm now a big fan of “ Classic ” Bic lighters,
and my drug store has them on sale: two for a dollar.