Re: The unified theory of all we can do with it (seriously)

amy666

Mar 9, 2008, 7:58:08 PM3/9/08
> [...]
>
> (6) We now can say: NP is too in the tractable
> domain, though NP is not P in that they represent the
> two opposite approaches to problem solving, the
> latter finding the correct solutions, the first
> discarding the incorrect ones.
>
> Incidentally, if NP happened to be intractable, in
> real life we would forever be stuck in undecidedness,
> which is apparently not the case (and here I mean,
> apart from any heuristics: human beings don't need
> heuristics in every-day life, though every-day life
> is full of undecidable questions, rooted into the
> very structure of natural language).
>
> >> Di Egidio asks what then is a "number" (or a
> "set") for the sake?
>
> (7) We now can say (extensionally): a number (or a
> set) dis-is all we can do with-in and with-out it,
> i.e. the closed number system exhausts the whole
> domain of tractability, by
> tautological-within-self-referential foundation.
>
> >> Golden shows[**] a family of number systems called
> "polysign numbers", having a natural number of
> signs.
>
> (8) We now can say: Walster shows the "natural"
> closure of real numbers (avoiding undefined numbers
> and bounding computational errors); Golden shows the
> "natural" interplay between natural and real numbers
> (avoiding the asymmetries introduced with the
> imaginary numbers[***]); finally, Di Egidio shows
> (yet to be dis-proved), the general "natural" meaning
> of "number", as rooted into the concept of a subject
> which is the empty set (avoiding undefined
> reasoning).
>
> >> Di Egidio screams, what's the outcomes then?
>
> (9) We now can say: the outcome is the unified theory
> of all we can do with it (seriously).
>
> >> Di Egidio cries, come on, you're saying
> "seriously"!?
>
> (10) The outcomes are still to be inspected and
> worked out, but... even if only half of what is
> stated here has some reasonable foundation, then its
> incidence on everybody's lives could be dramatic, and
> to the better(!!). For instance, we have here the
> foundation for a final convergence of natural and
> logical languages, and, if you cannot imagine how
> that could only and only only change our lives for
> the better, then "You" fail.
>
> If you managed to get to this point, I'll be looking
> forward to your knowledgeable dis-proofs.
>
> (As you may guess, I do really need your feed-back.)
>
> Thank you very much,
>
> Julio
>
> --------------------------
> Julio Di Egidio
> Analyst/Programmer
> http://julio.diegidio.name
>
> [*] More on Walster's Closed Sets in this thread
> (it's the sci.math group):
> &tstart=0
>
> [**] More on Golden's Polysigned Numbers on his web
> site:
> http://www.bandtechnology.com/PolySigned/index.html
>

> [***] The asymmetries are not completely avoided, but
> I guess Mr Golden might not have heard of closed

? whats that last remark suppose to mean ?

polysign numbers are algebraicly closed.

their only "weakness" is that there are still zerodivisors...

but that is unavoidable in higher dimensions with commutative addition and multiplication.

do you think you can avoid that ??

do you think you can avoid zero-divisors or " improve " the polysign numbers in a certain way ?

as for a unified theory , i rather accept tommy1729 ideas:

set theory :

x = [x]
aleph_1 = aleph_2
2^c = c

logic :

all paradoxes are just illusions , slightly counterintuitive facts or simply assuming a badly defined question can be answered.

abstract algebra :

all integer domains can be expressed in a set of polysigned numbers by isomorphism.

iterations :

infinite interations with fixed parameters are just the solution to a zero of a related equation.

( like continued fractions or infinitely nested roots )

calculus :

fourrier series
productrule
contourintegration
tommy1729 analytic foundation

algebra :

galois theory
knot polynomials
minimum polynomial

game theory :

statistics
k-level thinking
nim sums
chess
go
regression analysis

cellular automaton :

equivalent to number theory , but not always easy to see.

***

according to tommy1729 , all undecidable problems reduce to the most intresting disciplines of mathematics being :

number theory
enumerative combinatorics
calculus
critical lines and its variants
tetration and operations beyond that
(and maybe minkowsky products or other minkowsky operators)

he believes P = NP can be decided.
he dislikes infinite ordinals.
his examples are riemann and matheyasevich mainly.

( if golden is your friend he should now him. )

amy666

Julio Di Egidio

Mar 15, 2008, 3:51:31 PM3/15/08
Amy666 wrote:

> as for a unified theory , i rather accept tommy1729 ideas:

Please keep in mind my lack of specific mathematical knowledge.

> set theory :

> x = [x]

Yes, I'd write: x = [x] = [x,x]

> aleph_1 = aleph_2

Have no idea what that means.

> 2^c = c

Have no idea what that entails.

> logic :

> all paradoxes are just illusions , slightly counterintuitive facts or simply assuming a badly defined question can be answered.

I'd say I agree.

> abstract algebra :

> all integer domains can be expressed in a set of polysigned numbers by isomorphism.

I'd say I agree.

> iterations :

> infinite interations with fixed parameters are just the solution to a zero of a related equation.
> ( like continued fractions or infinitely nested roots )

I'd say I strongly agree, though just on an intuitive basis.

> calculus :

> fourrier series
> productrule
> contourintegration
> tommy1729 analytic foundation

> algebra :

> galois theory
> knot polynomials
> minimum polynomial

> game theory :

> statistics
> k-level thinking
> nim sums
> chess
> go
> regression analysis

Have no idea what all that means and/or entails.

> cellular automaton :

> equivalent to number theory , but not always easy to see.

I'd say I completely agree, as should be evident with TOA.

> according to tommy1729 , all undecidable problems reduce to the most intresting disciplines of mathematics being :

> number theory
> enumerative combinatorics
> calculus
> critical lines and its variants
> tetration and operations beyond that
> (and maybe minkowsky products or other minkowsky operators)

Have no idea what all that means and/or entails, I am not a mathematician.

> he believes P = NP can be decided.

I believe TOA has solved that.

> he dislikes infinite ordinals.

Don't know what that means.

> his examples are riemann and matheyasevich mainly.

> ( if golden is your friend he should now him. )

Have no idea what you mean or entail, but I might have answered this already.

> amy666

Thanks a lot Amy. IMVHO, and until dis-proved, TOA and tommy1729 are in perfect accordance.

Julio

Neilist

Mar 19, 2008, 10:47:06 AM3/19/08
On Mar 15, 3:51 pm, Julio Di Egidio <ju...@diegidio.name> wrote:

> Please keep in mind my lack of specific mathematical knowledge.

> Have no idea what that means.

> Have no idea what that entails.

> I'd say I strongly agree, though just on an intuitive basis.

> Have no idea what all that means and/or entails.

> Have no idea what all that means and/or entails, I am not a mathematician.

> Don't know what that means.

> Have no idea what you mean or entail, but I might have answered this already.

So, you haven't a clue, but you agree with "amy"? Brilliant!

> > amy666
>
> Thanks a lotAmy. IMVHO, and until dis-proved, TOA and tommy1729 are in perfect accordance.

You apparently don't realize that "amy666" is tommy1729 in
schizophrenic mode, talking and (here's the funny part) agreeing with
himself.

Pathetic.

Tonico

Mar 19, 2008, 12:19:30 PM3/19/08

I most heartedly recommend Amy-Tommy-Aedipus-Whoever to Dedanoe, and
the other way around. I think they all have a lot to share with each
other, and the other way around...or up...or something.

Regards
Tonio