More Efficient Way To Learn Math?

npat...@hotmail.com

Nov 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/12/98
Is there a faster and more efficient way to learn math? Any techniques?

Harlan Messinger

Nov 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/12/98
npat...@hotmail.com wrote:
: Is there a faster and more efficient way to learn math? Any techniques?

For one thing, you might try spending your time actually studying it
instead of spending all your time complaining to this newsgroup over and
over again how hard you think it's going to be.

Ron Bloom

Nov 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/12/98
Harlan Messinger (gu...@shell.clark.net) wrote:

: npat...@hotmail.com wrote:
: : Is there a faster and more efficient way to learn math? Any techniques?

Yes, in the first place, cold baths -- not a drop of warm water --
are a commendable practise. Further: brisk walks, abstinance,
tea-totaling, and regular church attendance might make an impact.
Character must be hard, not soft. Have you considered being drafted?
If not that, the seminary. Chew your food thoroughly, before
swallowing. Keep a diary of distracting thoughts, and try
to rid yourself of them. Do not marry. Consider donating
extra clothing to the poor. Obstinately correct the minor
grammatical errors of others in their spoken discourse.

Tangent60

Nov 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/22/98

>>Is there a faster and more efficient way to learn math? Any techniques?
>
> Yes, in the first place, cold baths -- not a drop of warm water --
>are a commendable practise. Further: brisk walks, abstinance,
>tea-totaling, and regular church attendance might make an impact.
>Character must be hard, not soft. Have you considered being drafted?
>If not that, the seminary. Chew your food thoroughly, before
>swallowing. Keep a diary of distracting thoughts, and try
>to rid yourself of them. Do not marry. Consider donating
>extra clothing to the poor. Obstinately correct the minor
>grammatical errors of others in their spoken discourse.

Lol.

To the original poster, this is a cliche, but do the homework. The only way to
learn math is by doing it, not by memorizing it and going on to the next
chapter with the compelling thought that you already "know" it, blah, blah,
blah, I'm sure you've heard it before... but it's true. You'll have a much
better time remembering all of those definitions and theorems you thought
you've permanently memorized, and also you'll know how to use them well.