Mathematical Cranks

Gerald Edgar

Jan 6, 1994, 2:26:21 PM1/6/94

Mathematical Cranks
This is the title of an interesting book by Underwood Dudley, 1992.

There is an (also interesting) review of it by Ian Stewart in the
January issue of the American Mathematical Monthly.

--
Gerald A. Edgar Internet: ed...@math.ohio-state.edu
Department of Mathematics Bitnet: EDGAR@OHSTPY

Ludwig Plutonium

Jan 6, 1994, 6:00:12 PM1/6/94
In article <2ghokt$1...@math.mps.ohio-state.edu>
ed...@math.ohio-state.edu (Gerald Edgar) writes:

> Mathematical Cranks
> This is the title of an interesting book by Underwood Dudley, 1992.
>
> There is an (also interesting) review of it by Ian Stewart in the
> January issue of the American Mathematical Monthly.

Gerald, although you do not mention my name in this poster leader,
the timing and your past bias towards me, I take it as a personal
insult.
Since you are so inclined to infrequently post your opinion of me,
albeit in an undercover manner, I will come right-out into the open and
post my opinion of you. Gerald, you remind me so much of the
untalented egotistical person in the AMADEUS (Mozart) movie. It is such
a shame that some professors of math will learn and absorb so much of
mathematics. Perhaps even teach math well. But never be in the History
of Mathematics. And when they see someone who will be--their first line
of attack is to call them cranks. Such is human nature.

Alfred Steele

Jan 7, 1994, 2:19:48 AM1/7/94

I really shouldn't say anything, oh to hell with it.
Fuck off Ludwig.

Adrienne Siskind

Jan 7, 1994, 10:44:21 AM1/7/94
Ludwig.P...@dartmouth.edu (Ludwig Plutonium) writes:

>In article <2ghokt$1...@math.mps.ohio-state.edu>
>ed...@math.ohio-state.edu (Gerald Edgar) writes:

>> Mathematical Cranks
>> This is the title of an interesting book by Underwood Dudley, 1992.
>>
>> There is an (also interesting) review of it by Ian Stewart in the
>> January issue of the American Mathematical Monthly.

> Gerald, although you do not mention my name in this poster leader,
>the timing and your past bias towards me, I take it as a personal
>insult.

Ludwig, Gerald not only does not mention your name in the leader, but he
doesn't mention it in the article either. Perhaps before jumping the gun
and *assuming* that this was about you (an assumption based, IMHO, on some
pretty flimsy evidence :-)), it would be better if you actually checked to see
whether this book actually exists. If I were to post a false book
reccommendation (for any reason), I would tack a false, punny author's name
on it. Ludwig, perhaps one of the reasons everyone gets so flamed at you
is that you insult and belittle others with very little provocation or
justification. I understand that you are frustrated with everyone thinking
your ideas are wrong (and worse), but I believe that the responses did not
attack you as a person until you began to get personal. Ludwig, if you
insult people before they attack you, you can be sure that they will retaliate.
I have been enjoying the different threads you have been involved in (for
my own reasons, which are private, and do not necessarily represent the
opinions of my self), but I do find it somewhat unfair (and therefore
upleasant for me to read) when you launch personal attacks against those few
who still do read your posts. I have seen very few other flame wars between
others who disagree with one another in other threads on this newsgroup.
The best way to show your maturity and aptitude for seriousness is to remain
polite and cordial *even when others don't deserve it*. This is the way one
behaves in the professional world, and though you still may not be taken
seriously, it does keep you from descending to the level of those who must
be rude.

>post my opinion of you. Gerald, you remind me so much of the

Please note that I am attempting to follow the above example myself,
instead of posting my personal feelings and opinions.

>post my opinion of you. Gerald, you remind me so much of the
>untalented egotistical person in the AMADEUS (Mozart) movie. It is such
>a shame that some professors of math will learn and absorb so much of
>mathematics. Perhaps even teach math well. But never be in the History
>of Mathematics. And when they see someone who will be--their first line
>of attack is to call them cranks. Such is human nature.

Ah, but Ludwig, this is not so. The movie *Amadeus* was in many ways not
historically accurate. Firstly, Salieri was actually quite celebrated in
his time, and his contributions to music were not left out of the "History
of Music". Secondly, it is said that Salieri and Mozart got on quite well
together. Hovever, this fact would have made for a boring movie. Salieri,
thought not as well known as Mozart, is remembered by the musical community,
a fact which is possible to find, if only you care to look. :-)

Relax, Ludwig. If, as you say, you are to be in the history books, I don't
think you'd care to be remembered as a hothead.

-- Drea

| But if we laugh with derision, we will never understand |
| -- S. J. Gould, "Wide Hats and Narrow Minds" |

Steve Wildstrom

Jan 7, 1994, 2:24:04 PM1/7/94
dr...@dsr.uucp (Adrienne Siskind) writes:

>Ludwig.P...@dartmouth.edu (Ludwig Plutonium) writes:

>>In article <2ghokt$1...@math.mps.ohio-state.edu>
>>ed...@math.ohio-state.edu (Gerald Edgar) writes:

>>> Mathematical Cranks
>>> This is the title of an interesting book by Underwood Dudley, 1992.
>>>
>>> There is an (also interesting) review of it by Ian Stewart in the
>>> January issue of the American Mathematical Monthly.

>> Gerald, although you do not mention my name in this poster leader,
>>the timing and your past bias towards me, I take it as a personal
>>insult.

>Ludwig, Gerald not only does not mention your name in the leader, but he
>doesn't mention it in the article either. Perhaps before jumping the gun
>and *assuming* that this was about you (an assumption based, IMHO, on some
>pretty flimsy evidence :-)), it would be better if you actually checked to see
>whether this book actually exists. If I were to post a false book
>reccommendation (for any reason), I would tack a false, punny author's name

>on it. {remainder deleted]

I may be struck dead for replying to an LP thread, but I must come to the
defense of Underwood Dudley. Both he and his book _Mathematical Cranks_
(published by MAA) are entirely real. He's a math professor at DePauw who
has a longstanding interest in angle trisectors, circle-squarers, and other
pursuers of the mathematically impossible. The boo, BTW, is fun.

Steve Wildstrom Business Week Washington Bureau wi...@access.digex.net
"These opinions aren't necessarily mine or anyone else's."

Ludwig Plutonium

Jan 7, 1994, 2:27:18 PM1/7/94
In article <CJ9np...@dsr.uucp>
dr...@dsr.uucp (Adrienne Siskind) writes:

> Relax, Ludwig. If, as you say, you are to be in the history books, I don't
> think you'd care to be remembered as a hothead.
>

> -- Drea

Thanks Adrienne. Your points are well taken. I do not want to be
labelled as a hothead. I have seen several of Gerald's prejudices and
this one stirred me. Ohio State publishes a Number theory journal which
rejected/ignored my request to publish and so as I am trying to *build*
my ideas on the network and see someone from Ohio State labelling me,
telling others to kill-file-me, I think it was a matter of time before
I spoke-up. But you are correct, I should be polite. I wonder if Galois
would have gotten further if he had been polite, I kind of doubt it?

Bruno W. Repetto

Jan 7, 1994, 5:57:54 PM1/7/94
Excerpts from netnews.sci.math: 7-Jan-94 Re: Mathematical Cranks by
Ludwig Plutonium@dartmou
> From: Ludwig.P...@dartmouth.edu (Ludwig Plutonium)
> Subject: Re: Mathematical Cranks
> Date: 7 Jan 1994 19:27:18 GMT

Sounds like a hothead to me.

Bruno. br...@andrew.cmu.edu

Frederick W. Chapman

Jan 7, 1994, 10:36:13 PM1/7/94
In article <2gi55s$b...@dartvax.dartmouth.edu>,
Ludwig.P...@dartmouth.edu (Ludwig Plutonium) writes:

>In article <2ghokt$1...@math.mps.ohio-state.edu>
>ed...@math.ohio-state.edu (Gerald Edgar) writes:
>
>> Mathematical Cranks
>> This is the title of an interesting book by Underwood Dudley, 1992.
>>
>> There is an (also interesting) review of it by Ian Stewart in the
>> January issue of the American Mathematical Monthly.
>
> Gerald, although you do not mention my name in this poster leader,
>the timing and your past bias towards me, I take it as a personal
>insult.

The timing is easy to explain -- the most recent Monthly, which contains
the review, arrived in the mail in the past week. That's all there is to
it.

I am afraid that what you have done, Ludwig, is to commit the logical
fallacy called "argument from silence" -- that is to say, you drew a
conclusion from the ABSENCE of information, which is a logical no no. Now,
a CRANK would VEHEMENTLY DENY that he made any reasoning errors. Since you
are NOT a crank, we are confident that you will LEARN from your mistakes
and not repeat them again in this forum, because THAT is what true scholars
do.

> Since you are so inclined to infrequently post your opinion of me,

Does this mean that you would like him better if he posted his opinion of
you more often? That does seem to be supported by a literal reading of
your statement.

Fred Chapman

--

o ------------------------------------------------------------------------- o
| Frederick W. Chapman, User Services Office Phone: (215) 758-3218 |

Erik Max Francis

Jan 8, 1994, 5:56:12 AM1/8/94
Ludwig.P...@dartmouth.edu (Ludwig Plutonium) writes:

> Thanks Adrienne. Your points are well taken. I do not want to be
> labelled as a hothead. I have seen several of Gerald's prejudices and
> this one stirred me.

Come, now. He didn't even mention your name. You proclaimed yourself
as a crank when you blew up at that post which had no direct evidence
of having anything to do with you.

> . . . so as I am trying to *build*

> my ideas on the network and see someone from Ohio State labelling me,
> telling others to kill-file-me, I think it was a matter of time before
> I spoke-up.

Kill-filing is a purely voluntary affair.

Now was it you or Hannu that was under the impression that there was a
kill policy against you, because no one was replying? In fact,
individual people do it because you're ANNOYING.

But, nevertheless, entertaining, in a strange sort of way. It's like
being near a car accident. You don't want to look, but you find a
strange compulsion forcing you to.

Erik Max Francis, &tSftDotIotE ...!uuwest!alcyone!max m...@alcyone.darkside.com
USMail: 1070 Oakmont Dr. #1 San Jose, CA 95117 ICBM: 37 20 N 121 53 W __
AGCTACTGTACGTACGTTTGCACGTATGCTGTGCACTGCATXCTGACATCGTGACTGATCTGCATGACTTGCA / \
"Omnia quia sunt, lumina sunt." (All things that are, are lights.) \__/

aesop

Jan 9, 1994, 3:02:12 PM1/9/94

Hey -- I'm not afraid of saying it: Ludwig Plutonium -is- a crank.
In particular, the fact that he -sensed- that a book on "mathematical
cranks" -could- possibly be referring to him strongly -indicates-
his personal culpability.

- aesop
"Truth, left to itself, will persevere against all odds." -T.Jefferson

Ludwig Plutonium

Jan 12, 1994, 11:47:21 PM1/12/94
In article <DmaXFc...@fred.com>
ae...@fred.com (aesop) writes:

> Hey -- I'm not afraid of saying it

Some idiot hiding behind the name of Aesop. Whoever you are, you
should be ashamed that you use the great name of Aesop. I bet you do
not even know Aesop's life history. For if you did, you would be
ashamed of using his name for your smear campaigns; his great name for
your trite and juvenile posts.

richard alan witt

Jan 13, 1994, 4:51:44 PM1/13/94

> Ludwig Plutonium (Ludwig.P...@dartmouth.edu) wrote:
> : In article <DmaXFc...@fred.com>

I also think Plutonium is a crank! I read and enjoy the posts, I also
pride myself on having a very open mind on most any subject. I don't
feel Plutonium is a crank because of his mathematics, in fact, I haven't
seen enough of his theories to form an opinion. But the egotistical,
almost maniac manner he responds to the slightest hint of criticism
obscures any relevant contributions he may have to make to mathematics.
A true original thinker isn't worried what people think of him. Just
continue working on what you feel is important, and publish your results
wherever you can. The Internet is an ideal medium. NO CENSORSHIP!
People are reading what you write. If a valid criticism arises, respond,
and ignore the flames. If what you write has value, you will be
recognized for it. If its trash, you'll be ignored. Just don't assume
I'm an idiot if I don't agree with you. In my book Plutonium is a CRANK!

Love, Richard A. Witt.

--
Remember son, it's better to kill than to maim.
Dead people can't sue.

Ludwig Plutonium

Jan 14, 1994, 2:03:46 AM1/14/94
In article <2h4fpg$e...@quad.wfunet.wfu.edu>

wit...@ac.wfu.edu (richard alan witt) writes:

> I also think Plutonium is a crank! I read and enjoy the posts, I also
> pride myself on having a very open mind on most any subject. I don't
> feel Plutonium is a crank because of his mathematics, in fact, I haven't
> seen enough of his theories to form an opinion. But the egotistical,
> almost maniac manner he responds to the slightest hint of criticism
> obscures any relevant contributions he may have to make to mathematics.
> A true original thinker isn't worried what people think of him. Just
> continue working on what you feel is important, and publish your results
> wherever you can. The Internet is an ideal medium. NO CENSORSHIP!
> People are reading what you write. If a valid criticism arises, respond,
> and ignore the flames. If what you write has value, you will be
> recognized for it. If its trash, you'll be ignored. Just don't assume
> I'm an idiot if I don't agree with you. In my book Plutonium is a CRANK!
>
> Love, Richard A. Witt.
>
> --
> Remember son, it's better to kill than to maim.
> Dead people can't sue.

Many people will give me good advice on how to run a science and math
revolution.

One thing many advice givers overlook is that a revolution is
different from the "normal science or math work." I feel those giving
me good advice are neglecting that aspect.

Most people would agree that a science and math revolution comes
infrequently, but normal science and math goes on around the clock.
They do not understand the magnitude of difference between the two.

Most people never have a revolutionary idea which would change the
World. Are those people qualified to give Gauss advice on NonEuclidean
Geom., or Galois advice on Group theory, or Bohr on Quantum Mechanics?

Thanks to all the people who want to give me advice and please be not
annoyed if I do not heed them. I read them. There is one psychological
aspect about running a revolution which I like to acquant you with. It
is a tremendous relief and release on me when I do state my question in
my own aggressive manner. It is a cathartic relief, and if it does no
visible good it does alot of good for me.
I see that my revolutionary idea is being repressed because I am
replacing God with an atom. Even if I solved every outstanding math
problem extant, and created brand new, beautiful mathematics, and give
the correct theory of superconductivity, and much, much more. The
presses around the world will not publish me. They will avoid me at all
cost. They see me as worse than the Black Plague. They instinctively
know that the HOWL OF THE BOEOTIANS will be at their doors the moment
they publish Plutonium Atom Totality. God an Atom? Will come the myriad
shrieks and screams from all directions.

I could be polite and say --please Mr. Hawking and Mr. Penrose how
does a star gravitate past the Pauli Exclusion Principle into a black
hole, your only answers is that it just does. Please Mr. Hawking and
Mr. Penrose that makes no sense to me for a principle is a principle
and if you violate it just to suit yourselves to create an entity
called a black hole, then what do I do with the Pauli Exclusion
Principle?
Or I could state my question just the way I feel, and release the
cartharsis, which takes into account that these two gentlemen will
ignore me, but it grabs their attention and other peoples attention and
it shakes their own confidence. The way I ask the question leaves no
margin of doubt as to what side I am on. Here is the way I would ask
Messr. Hawking and Penrose.
TO: Messr. Hawking and Penrose

I hope someone does two books in the future to be titled THE RISE AND
FALL OF BRITISH PHYSICS and GOOFBALL PHYSICS.
When Paul Dirac departed UK and left the seat to Hawking marks the
rapid decline of physics in Britian.
On the one hand we have the Pauli Exclusion Principle, never in
violation. PEP gives chemistry and biology. If it were not for PEP we
would not be here to discuss anything. Yet a goofball birdbrain of a
physics major named Hawking thinks that just because you have alot of
mass that PEP will be violated. He never understood that gravitational
collapse does just the opposite of crushing but rather it does heavier
element nucleosynthesis. This nitwit named Hawking then publishes a
book which becomes a best seller, not because the science is truthful,
but because many other nitwits of science trumpet this goofball. Even
the journal MANURE (Nature) gives him free publicity. Hawking violates
PEP, but since he is crippled the world at large never asks him science
questions, they only admire him, and awe him. Penrose sees how
lucrative birdbrain science can be and so he jumps into the act to rake
up millions for himself. The Nobel prize committee though is not fooled
by this science fakery. And the latest idiocy of British decadence is
the uncalled for attack against cold fusion by Frank Close. He was
named appropriately for physics is closed in the UK. These two books
should clearly state that Paul Dirac saw what a birdbrain Hawking was,
and departed Britian for a better climate because he saw what was
coming. Ever since P.A.M. Dirac departed Britian, it was downhill for
physics there.

Gerhard Molybdenum

Jan 13, 1994, 11:19:15 PM1/13/94
In article <2h2jop$6...@dartvax.dartmouth.edu>,

Ludwig.P...@dartmouth.edu (Ludwig Plutonium) wrote:

> Some idiot hiding behind the name of Aesop. Whoever you are, you
> should be ashamed that you use the great name of Aesop. I bet you do
> not even know Aesop's life history. For if you did, you would be
> ashamed of using his name for your smear campaigns; his great name for
> your trite and juvenile posts.

Indeed. Trite and juvenile posts should instead be hidden behind the name
of a chemical element.

Gerhard Molybdenum

natu...@uctvax.uct.ac.za

Jan 16, 1994, 5:20:36 AM1/16/94
To be a crank one has to be serious. How serious is a guy who calls himself
Ludwig Plutonium. Okay maybe his first name is Ludwig (shame :-) ) but
Plutonium????

James Kibo Parry

Jan 16, 1994, 6:55:59 AM1/16/94
In sci.math article <1994Jan16.1...@uctvax.uct.ac.za>,

<natu...@uctvax.uct.ac.za> wrote:

> To be a crank one has to be serious. How serious is a guy who calls himself
> Ludwig Plutonium. Okay maybe his first name is Ludwig (shame :-) ) but
> Plutonium????

You haven't been paying attention to CNN down there in .ZA -- our
benevolent Government here in the USA recently solved all our problems
by giving everyone a new name based on the name of some chemical element,
color, or vegetable plus a number. We now all have 'artificial extended
families' and love and trust one another and everything is perfect.
The entire process is documented in an excellent non-fiction
book on sociobiology, "Slapstick" by Kurt Vonnegut. You may remember
Kurt Vonnegut as the author of "Chariots Of The Gods?" in the seventies.

-- James "Kibo" Parry Cesium 7

Benjamin J. Tilly

Jan 16, 1994, 2:30:29 PM1/16/94
In article <1994Jan16.1...@uctvax.uct.ac.za>
natu...@uctvax.uct.ac.za writes:

> To be a crank one has to be serious. How serious is a guy who calls himself
> Ludwig Plutonium. Okay maybe his first name is Ludwig (shame :-) ) but
> Plutonium????

Ummm...I am *from* the same place that Ludwig is. When he says that his
name is Ludwig Plutonium, he is right. He legally changed it to that in
honour of his "discoveries". This is rather easy to check since all
that you need to do is write to anyone in the math department here (it
is not that hard to get a list of people at dartmouth through the AMS
directory) and ask them about it and they will confirm what I am saying
about him.

He *is* serious about his theories. It is not a joke on his part.

Ben Tilly

Richard D Chatham

Jan 16, 1994, 7:57:00 PM1/16/94
In article <2hc4kl$e...@dartvax.dartmouth.edu>, Benjamin...@dartmouth.edu
(Benjamin J. Tilly) writes...

>In article <1994Jan16.1...@uctvax.uct.ac.za>
>natu...@uctvax.uct.ac.za writes:
>
>> To be a crank one has to be serious. How serious is a guy who calls himself
>> Ludwig Plutonium. Okay maybe his first name is Ludwig (shame :-) ) but
>> Plutonium????
>>
>Ummm...I am *from* the same place that Ludwig is. When he says that his
>name is Ludwig Plutonium, he is right. He legally changed it to that in
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

>honour of his "discoveries". This is rather easy to check since all
>that you need to do is write to anyone in the math department here (it
>is not that hard to get a list of people at dartmouth through the AMS
>directory) and ask them about it and they will confirm what I am saying
>about him.
>
>He *is* serious about his theories. It is not a joke on his part.
>
>Ben Tilly

I really find it hard to believe that a person could get his name
LEGALLY changed to "Plutonium". Ludwig may _claim_ to have had his name
changed, but that alone is not proof of a legal name-change. Could you
perhaps point me to a court document or other evidence that "Ludwig Plutonium"
is the fellow's true, legal name?
By the way, how is Plutonium connected to Dartmouth? If he's a
student,what department is he in?

Sincerely,
Richard Douglas Chatham

natu...@uctvax.uct.ac.za

Jan 17, 1994, 3:36:54 AM1/17/94

I've been informed that Ludwig has had his name legally changed to Ludwig
Plutonium. Now I agree that he is a crank.

Colin Nitrogen

Benjamin J. Tilly

Jan 17, 1994, 11:29:06 AM1/17/94
In article <2hc4kl$e...@dartvax.dartmouth.edu>

Benjamin...@dartmouth.edu (Benjamin J. Tilly) writes:

> > To be a crank one has to be serious. How serious is a guy who calls himself
> > Ludwig Plutonium. Okay maybe his first name is Ludwig (shame :-) ) but
> > Plutonium????
> >
> Ummm...I am *from* the same place that Ludwig is. When he says that his
> name is Ludwig Plutonium, he is right. He legally changed it to that in
> honour of his "discoveries". This is rather easy to check since all
> that you need to do is write to anyone in the math department here (it
> is not that hard to get a list of people at dartmouth through the AMS
> directory) and ask them about it and they will confirm what I am saying
> about him.
>
> He *is* serious about his theories. It is not a joke on his part.

Considering the e-mail that I have recieved I should add that he is not
part of the math department here in any way. He gets an account since
he is classified as an employee of the college. (He works for an inn
that is owned by Dartmouth.) However he makes himself rather
conspicuous on campus so people in the math department are rather aware
of him. (For basically the same reason that people on sci.math are
aware of him.)

Ben Till´

Benjamin J. Tilly

Jan 17, 1994, 11:51:40 AM1/17/94
In article <16JAN199...@utkvx.utk.edu>

cha...@utkvx.utk.edu (Richard D Chatham) writes:

> I really find it hard to believe that a person could get his name
> LEGALLY changed to "Plutonium". Ludwig may _claim_ to have had his name
> changed, but that alone is not proof of a legal name-change. Could you
> perhaps point me to a court document or other evidence that "Ludwig Plutonium"
> is the fellow's true, legal name?

I do not have a court document handy, but apparently he did change his
name a while ago. This is common knowledge around here although it
happened before I came here. From what I understand he has actually
changed his name several times, and this is merely his latest one. And
from what I understand you can get your name changed to practically
anything as long as you are willing to pay money and go through the
system. The only other evidence that I can give you is that his entry
in the Dartmouth Name Directory gives Ludwig Plutonium as his name and
Ludvig as his nickname. To the best of my knowledge they list the legal
name there regardless of what people want them to list.

> By the way, how is Plutonium connected to Dartmouth? If he's a
> student,what department is he in?

He is a dishwasher at the Hanover Inn. Since the Inn is owned by the
College he can get an account as an employee. He then can use any of a
number of public clusters of macs and post essentially whatever he
wants. Given the policy here it is impossible to stop him, or anyone
else with a similar connection, from posting as long as he does not
break any laws, or violate computer security in any serious way. Which
he has not done and shows no interest in doing that I have ever heard
of.

Ben Tilly

Bill Blum

Jan 18, 1994, 12:00:35 AM1/18/94

I'm going to assume that James Kibo Parry Cesium 7 actually means James
Kibo Parry -is- Cesium 137.

Thus, by looking up Cs-137 in my handy-dandy Chart of The Nuclides, 14th
Edition, and crossreferencing the data contained therein with basic
equations from _Introduction to Nuclear Engineering_ by John LaMarsh, and
assuming that Kibo is comprised of approximately 150 pounds of Cs137, which
would convert to about 6700g.... lessee, n(t)=no*e^-lambda*t.....
lambda=ln2/halflife, so that would give us the following:

Amount of annoyance Kibo will cause the net at any time (t) from now is
equal to the amount he currently annoys you multiplied by the quantity
e^(-0.02t) ........ but, this is just a theory on my part.... based on
careful research, looking back thru my old NUCL200 notebook, and a bad
pizza.

Bill Blum.

Kibo should be half the thorn in USENET's side he currently is in say, oh,
30.17 years....barring several dozen nuclear reactions that involve Kibo
changing his name to Plutonium. :)

--
Bill Blum N9VLS bl...@sage.cc.purdue.edu Purdue University, W. Lafayette, IN
"Now we are going to the cultural sensitivity seminar, and we will learn to

Flip Phillips

Jan 18, 1994, 4:11:36 PM1/18/94
> By the way, how is Plutonium connected to Dartmouth? If he's a
> student,what department is he in?

Well, 5 seconds with our old pal Gopher sez:

-200:1: name: Ludwig Plutonium
-200:1: nickname: Ludvig
-200:1: deptclass: INN
-200:1: hinmanaddr: HB 6165
-200:1: email: Ludwig.P...@Dartmouth.EDU
-200:1: phone:

whatever INN is...

i just love this trivial bickering...
-- flip

Matthew C. Clarke

Jan 19, 1994, 4:47:28 AM1/19/94
In article <CJq15...@world.std.com> James, ki...@world.std.com writes:
>You may remember Kurt Vonnegut as the author of
>"Chariots Of The Gods?" in the seventies.

Sorry that the following comment is not at all connected to the current
thread, but I can't see the name of Kurt Vonnegut dragged down to such a
level. "Chariots of the Gods" was written by Eric von Daniken, not
Vonnegut.

Matt.

-------------------------------------
Matthew C. Clarke <cla...@unpsun1.cc.unp.ac.za>
(PGP Public Key available on request or by Fingering P...@mac.cs.unp.ac.za)

aesop

Jan 18, 1994, 6:13:08 AM1/18/94

Some of the most serious cranks are -very- serious !

- aesop

Erik Max Francis

Jan 19, 1994, 10:37:41 PM1/19/94
Benjamin...@dartmouth.edu (Benjamin J. Tilly) writes:

> He is a dishwasher at the Hanover Inn. Since the Inn is owned by the
> College he can get an account as an employee. He then can use any of a
> number of public clusters of macs and post essentially whatever he
> wants.

He's a dishwasher. A dishwasher.

And he uses a Mac.

Wolfgang Elipton

Jan 19, 1994, 3:15:16 AM1/19/94
In article <CJt78...@mentor.cc.purdue.edu>,

Bill Blum <bl...@sage.cc.purdue.edu> wrote:

> Kibo should be half the thorn in USENET's side he currently is in say, oh,
> 30.17 years....barring several dozen nuclear reactions that involve Kibo
> changing his name to Plutonium. :)

I'm actually thinking of using a much better name,

Wolfgang Elipton.

Ludwig Plutonium

Jan 22, 1994, 4:25:54 AM1/22/94
After aesop read the following 18Jan94, 05:00:35 GMT posting.

bl...@sage.cc.purdue.edu (Bill Blum) writes:

> Kibo should be half the thorn in USENET's side he currently is in say, oh,
> 30.17 years....barring several dozen nuclear reactions that involve Kibo
> changing his name to Plutonium.

Consciously spurred aesop to post the following.

In article <L50cgc...@fred.com>
ae...@fred.com (aesop) writes:

> Some of the most serious cranks are -very- serious !
>
> - aesop

But subconsciously aesop wanted to say this.

"Some of the most serious shanks are -very- desirous!

Because aesop is a gay person; pent-up and repressed in an ivory tower.
Notice the infatuation with the word "serious", subconsciously close to
the word "sir." Watch aesop's future postings for more clues to his
gayness.

Andrew Hime

Jan 22, 1994, 7:26:51 PM1/22/94
Ludwig Plutonium (Ludwig.P...@dartmouth.edu) wrote:
: But subconsciously aesop wanted to say this.

: "Some of the most serious shanks are -very- desirous!

: Because aesop is a gay person; pent-up and repressed in an ivory tower.
: Notice the infatuation with the word "serious", subconsciously close to
: the word "sir." Watch aesop's future postings for more clues to his
: gayness.

I think perhaps you are reading a bit much into his posting, Ludwig. But
what's wrong with being gay?

Erik Max Francis

Jan 22, 1994, 9:39:42 PM1/22/94
Ludwig.P...@dartmouth.edu (Ludwig Plutonium) writes:

> > Some of the most serious cranks are -very- serious !
>

> But subconsciously aesop wanted to say this.
>
> "Some of the most serious shanks are -very- desirous!
>
> Because aesop is a gay person; pent-up and repressed in an ivory tower.
> Notice the infatuation with the word "serious", subconsciously close to
> the word "sir." Watch aesop's future postings for more clues to his
> gayness.

I take it that, in addition to being a complete moron, you're also a
bigot?

James Kibo Parry

Jan 24, 1994, 5:13:22 AM1/24/94
In sci.math article <2hivjg$5...@lucy.ee.und.ac.za>,

Matthew C. Clarke <cla...@unpsun1.cc.unp.ac.za> wrote:
> In article <CJq15...@world.std.com> James, ki...@world.std.com writes:
> >You may remember Kurt Vonnegut as the author of
> >"Chariots Of The Gods?" in the seventies.
>
> Sorry that the following comment is not at all connected to the current
> thread, but I can't see the name of Kurt Vonnegut dragged down to such a
> level. "Chariots of the Gods" was written by Eric von Daniken, not
> Vonnegut.

No, no, no, you're thinking of Eric von Stroeheim. von Daniken invented
the V-2 missile, and his brother founded General Electric.

-- K.

Daniel Schunneman

Jan 24, 1994, 3:26:57 PM1/24/94
James "Kibo" Parry (ki...@world.std.com) wrote:
: In sci.math article <2hivjg$5...@lucy.ee.und.ac.za>,

Didn't they call him "Willy Ley" in honor of his speculative nocturnal
beer hall excursions?

dan...@networx.com

Andrew Bulhak

Jan 24, 1994, 9:08:43 PM1/24/94
Erik Max Francis (m...@alcyone.darkside.com) wrote:
: Ludwig.P...@dartmouth.edu (Ludwig Plutonium) writes:

: > > Some of the most serious cranks are -very- serious !
: >
: > But subconsciously aesop wanted to say this.
: >
: > "Some of the most serious shanks are -very- desirous!
: >
: > Because aesop is a gay person; pent-up and repressed in an ivory tower.
: > Notice the infatuation with the word "serious", subconsciously close to
: > the word "sir." Watch aesop's future postings for more clues to his
: > gayness.

: I take it that, in addition to being a complete moron, you're also a
: bigot?

Upon what do you base that inference, Mr. Francis? Upon the fact that
Mr. Plutonium used the word "gay" without placing a big \/ in his
.signature? Or upon the fact that he, probably a flaming breeder,
dares to mention sexual preferences?

Mr. Plutonium has not said that he thinks that there is anything wrong
with being gay; nor has he singled gay pe^H^Hand lesbian persons out.
On the contrary, in the past, he has accused someone of being a tree.
In all fairness, there is nothing to indicate bigotry on Mr. Plutonium's
part, unless bigotry is defined as "mention of sexual preference by a
straight without the requisite guilt-prompted deference".

What this has to do with Kibology, I do not know. But then again, I have
asked the same question about frame-by-frame laserdisc reviews.

--
Andrew Bulhak | When Ludwig takes a plutonium pill the cranks begin to worry
a...@yoyo.cc\ | They can't escape the awful fate of Pluton's mighty fury
| Spontaneous radioactive neutron materialisation...

Paul Callahan

Jan 24, 1994, 10:03:34 PM1/24/94
a...@yoyo.cc.monash.edu.au (Andrew Bulhak) writes:

>Or upon the fact that [Ludwig], probably a flaming breeder,

Shouldn't the Nuclear Regulatory Commission be informed of this?
--
Paul Callahan
call...@biffvm.cs.jhu.edu

Scott Brown

Jan 26, 1994, 1:47:42 AM1/26/94
Ludwig.P...@dartmouth.edu (Ludwig Plutonium) writes:

>> Some of the most serious cranks are -very- serious !
>

> But subconsciously aesop wanted to say this.
>
> "Some of the most serious shanks are -very- desirous!
>
> Because aesop is a gay person; pent-up and repressed in an ivory tower.
> Notice the infatuation with the word "serious", subconsciously close to
> the word "sir." Watch aesop's future postings for more clues to his
> gayness.

*shakes head in utter disbelief*

This is without a doubt the most astonishingly pitiful and
absurd post I have seen to date from Ludi. And that's something
few posts can aspire to.

By the way, if there is anyone around who needs to watch
carefully for clues it is you, Mr. Plutonium. Just be careful
that they don't muss your hair as they whiz past your head.

Scott

ObMath: \pi

Ludwig Plutonium

Jan 26, 1994, 3:34:01 AM1/26/94
In article <2i53me$7...@vixen.cso.uiuc.edu>
sbr...@symcom.math.uiuc.edu (Scott Brown) writes:

> *shakes head in utter disbelief*
>
> This is without a doubt the most astonishingly pitiful and
> absurd post I have seen to date from Ludi. And that's something
> few posts can aspire to.
>
> By the way, if there is anyone around who needs to watch
> carefully for clues it is you, Mr. Plutonium. Just be careful
> that they don't muss your hair as they whiz past your head.
>
> Scott

In my opinion, Scott is a psychological misfit. None of his posts
surprize me anymore. Scott's posts are like dog shit stuck between the
cleats of my boots. If Scott teaches students, I pity them for they
would learn more about bad human character than math<(:-)

Ludwig Plutonium

Jan 26, 1994, 2:16:29 PM1/26/94
In article <2i1uvb$g...@harbinger.cc.monash.edu.au>
a...@yoyo.cc.monash.edu.au (Andrew Bulhak) writes:

> On the contrary, in the past, he has accused someone of being a tree.

Pu, Pluto, bless Andrew Bulhak to the Fields of Elysium.

Frederick W. Chapman

Jan 26, 1994, 1:29:03 PM1/26/94
In article <2hqrf2$a...@dartvax.dartmouth.edu>,
Ludwig.P...@dartmouth.edu (Ludwig Plutonium) writes:

[...]

>In article <L50cgc...@fred.com>

>ae...@fred.com (aesop) writes:
>
>> Some of the most serious cranks are -very- serious !
>>

>> - aesop

>But subconsciously aesop wanted to say this.
>
> "Some of the most serious shanks are -very- desirous!
>
>Because aesop is a gay person; pent-up and repressed in an ivory tower.
>Notice the infatuation with the word "serious", subconsciously close to
>the word "sir." Watch aesop's future postings for more clues to his
>gayness.

Even if your claim about "aesop" were true, I fail to see how the quality
of being gay is either (1) pejorative, (2) disparaging, or (3) relevant.
You might as well claim that he posted what he did because he has blue
eyes.

Fred Chapman
--

o ------------------------------------------------------------------------- o
| Frederick W. Chapman, User Services Office Phone: (610) 758-3218 |
| Computing Center, Lehigh University Internet E-mail: fc...@Lehigh.Edu |
o ------------------------------------------------------------------------- o

Ludwig Plutonium

Jan 26, 1994, 10:52:47 PM1/26/94
In article <1994Jan26.1...@ns1.cc.lehigh.edu>

fc...@ns1.cc.lehigh.edu (Frederick W. Chapman) writes:

> Even if your claim about "aesop" were true, I fail to see how the quality
> of being gay is either (1) pejorative, (2) disparaging, or (3) relevant.
> You might as well claim that he posted what he did because he has blue
> eyes.
>
> Fred Chapman

My post there Fred was the quickest ruse I could think of at that
instant of time when I read aesop's post. I had remembered reading
aesop's negativism some months ago. Instead of coming outright and
saying how can I find out who is this character's true identity and
organization. I thought I would try the most compact discrediting
tactic. Simply call him gay. That tactic starts all the eyes looking
into aesop. Personally I have nothing against homosexuals. I could not
dream of a better world then if all men were gay except me, leaving all
the females to me. In fact I have a scientific explanation of
homosexuality which falls-out of PU totality. In the previous past life
a homosexual male was a female then. It is a predominance of female
photons which are entering his life now.
And I like the saying "Being human, nothing human is foreign to me."
Knowing the PU theory that is a nice summary of human etiquette and
ethics, for everyone of our electrons within each one of our bodies
extends out to infinity, overlapping with everyone else's electrons.
That is sympathy and empathy with a vengeance.
No, Fred, I think most Netters out there saw through my ruse. I had
posted the ruse to alt.religion.kibology to get alot of those good
humored pals over there in on the game. Point blank-- I wanted to smoke
out aesop in the shortest and most compact ploy. I think I was
successful, because from now on aesop's future posts, noone will place
much value to them.
Personally I like the network where anonymous posters can exist. The
worst to happen to the Network is censorship.

Terry Tao

Jan 27, 1994, 4:48:41 PM1/27/94
In article <2i7dqf$5...@dartvax.dartmouth.edu> Ludwig.P...@dartmouth.edu (Ludwig Plutonium) writes:
> My post there Fred was the quickest ruse I could think of at that
>instant of time when I read aesop's post. I had remembered reading
>aesop's negativism some months ago. Instead of coming outright and
>saying how can I find out who is this character's true identity and
>organization. I thought I would try the most compact discrediting
>tactic. Simply call him gay. That tactic starts all the eyes looking
>into aesop. Personally I have nothing against homosexuals. I could not
>dream of a better world then if all men were gay except me, leaving all
>the females to me. In fact I have a scientific explanation of
>homosexuality which falls-out of PU totality. In the previous past life
>a homosexual male was a female then. It is a predominance of female
>photons which are entering his life now.

I submit this as evidence to anyone who still believes that Ludwig
Plutonium, deep down, still has a shred of humanity, or that he does not
need to get a life.

--
Terry Tao Math Dept., Princeton University (t...@math.princeton.edu)
"God is dead." - Nietzsche

Erik Max Francis

Jan 28, 1994, 1:31:31 AM1/28/94
Ludwig.P...@dartmouth.edu (Ludwig Plutonium) writes:

> My post there Fred was the quickest ruse I could think of at that
> instant of time when I read aesop's post. I had remembered reading
> aesop's negativism some months ago. Instead of coming outright and
> saying how can I find out who is this character's true identity and
> organization. I thought I would try the most compact discrediting
> tactic. Simply call him gay.

You need help.

> Personally I like the network where anonymous posters can exist. The
> worst to happen to the Network is censorship.

Gee, and why would that be, Herr Plutonium?

Erik Max Francis, &tSftDotIotE ...!uuwest!alcyone!max m...@alcyone.darkside.com
USMail: 1070 Oakmont Dr. #1 San Jose, CA 95117 ICBM: 37 20 N 121 53 W __

AGCTACTGTACGTACGTTTGCACGTATGCTGTGCAXTGCATACTGACATCGTGACTGATCTGCATGACTTGCA / \

john baez

Jan 28, 1994, 4:46:07 PM1/28/94
Ludwig.P...@dartmouth.edu (Ludwig Plutonium) writes:

> thought I would try the most compact discrediting
> tactic. Simply call him gay.

Indeed, you discredited yourself quite efficiently thereby.

Ludwig Plutonium

Jan 29, 1994, 4:08:06 PM1/29/94
In article <2ic12v$h...@galaxy.ucr.edu>
ba...@guitar.ucr.edu (john baez) writes:

> > thought I would try the most compact discrediting
> > tactic. Simply call him gay.
>
> Indeed, you discredited yourself quite efficiently thereby.

John does not need any discrediting agent, nor crediting agent. John,
why can you not stay put in alt.religion.kibology where your jokes and
training originated. John Baez is the headmaster, superintendant, and
principal of the University of Alt.Religion.Kibology.

Erik Max Francis

Jan 30, 1994, 12:21:32 AM1/30/94
Ludwig.P...@dartmouth.edu (Ludwig Plutonium) writes:

> John does not need any discrediting agent, nor crediting agent. John,
> why can you not stay put in alt.religion.kibology where your jokes and
> training originated. John Baez is the headmaster, superintendant, and
> principal of the University of Alt.Religion.Kibology.

Yes, whereas you are the chief proponent of gay bashing in sci.astro.
Put a cork in it, already.

Andrew Bulhak

Jan 30, 1994, 10:56:03 AM1/30/94
Ludwig Plutonium (Ludwig.P...@dartmouth.edu) wrote:
: In article <2ic12v$h...@galaxy.ucr.edu>
: ba...@guitar.ucr.edu (john baez) writes:

Now, if this university was run by nuns, would that make him a Mother Superior?

--
Andrew Bulhak a...@yoyo.cc.monash.edu.au
QUESTION REALITY.

gsm...@uoft02.utoledo.edu

Jan 30, 1994, 11:32:40 AM1/30/94
In article <L30Xgc...@alcyone.darkside.com>, m...@alcyone.darkside.com (Erik Max Francis) writes:

> Yes, whereas you are the chief proponent of gay bashing in sci.astro.
> Put a cork in it, already.

I don't know about sci.astro, but we have at least one virulent homophobe
who posts to sci.math--Mikhail Zeleny. We have one passionate defender
of homophobia and probable homophobe who posts here--Tal Kubo. These
guys may strike you as more respectable than Mr. von Plutonium, but
I don't think that is a good reason to pick on him for homophobia under
the circumstances.
--
Gene Ward Smith/Brahms Gang/University of Toledo
gsm...@uoft02.utoledo.edu

5150

Jan 30, 1994, 2:36:36 PM1/30/94
In article <2iej7m$o...@dartvax.dartmouth.edu>,

Ludwig Plutonium <Ludwig.P...@dartmouth.edu> wrote:
>In article <2ic12v$h...@galaxy.ucr.edu>
>ba...@guitar.ucr.edu (john baez) writes:
)> > thought I would try the most compact discrediting
)> > tactic. Simply call him gay.
)> Indeed, you discredited yourself quite efficiently thereby.

> John does not need any discrediting agent, nor crediting agent. John,
>why can you not stay put in alt.religion.kibology where your jokes and
>training originated. John Baez is the headmaster, superintendant, and
>principal of the University of Alt.Religion.Kibology.

Ludwig, you are no longer funny.
You are hereby booted out of my scorefile.

5150
--
I've turned into sil!
- Kibo

Michael Zeleny

Jan 31, 1994, 6:26:57 AM1/31/94
In article <1994Jan31.0...@husc14.harvard.edu>
ku...@kovalevskaia.harvard.edu (Tal Kubo) writes:

>In article <1994Jan30...@uoft02.utoledo.edu>

>gsm...@uoft02.utoledo.edu (Gene Ward Smith) writes:

>>I don't know about sci.astro, but we have at least one virulent homophobe
>>who posts to sci.math--Mikhail Zeleny. We have one passionate defender
>>of homophobia and probable homophobe who posts here--Tal Kubo. These
>>guys may strike you as more respectable than Mr. von Plutonium, but
>>I don't think that is a good reason to pick on him for homophobia under
>>the circumstances.

>Dr. Smith has seriously damaged his public credibility with this posting.

You catch me off guard, for I was unaware of any public credibility
residual in Dr G.

>I have never expressed any opinion on homosexuality in public, let alone
>in Usenet newsgroups.

I think I can vouch for a substantial part of the former, and most of
the latter.

>Gene Smith and Mikhail Zeleny have both published such opinions in other
>newsgroups. As above, Smith claimed that Zeleny is a homophobe and
>all-around gay-hater. Since I knew Zeleny personally and had read his
>postings, I knew that these claims were false and said so on the net.
>Other posters, including some who disagreed strenuously with Zeleny's
>positions, agreed with my contention that the postings in question were
>neither "full of hatred" nor "homophobic". In response I too was labelled
>a "homophobe" by Dr Smith.

I do not know about being virulent, now that the Peking flu has had its
day, but perhaps responding to Dr Smith's blowhard drivel indeed makes
me a reactionary homophobe. Still, as Smith knows perfectly well, my
stated political views ensure that I bear no malice toward him or his
equally unfortunate inverted confederates, however much I find their
sexual practices to be morally reprehensible. Even now, I cannot muster
any anger in response to his unprovoked polluting of sci.math with petty
and vindictive political agenda, exemplified by the risible coinage of a
new PC term of opprobrium, "defender of homophobia". Smith is a sick
man, utterly consumed by his impotent rage against his own indefensible
position. Whatever petty joy I may experience in pulling his strings,
it is always mitigated by a recognition of his compulsive pathology.

Time for you to see a real doctor, Dr G.

>Gene Smith is frustrated that Mr. Zeleny has been able to flog him verbally
>and intellectually in newsgroups read by thousands of educated people.
>Zeleny has out-thought, out-smarted, out-written, out-argued and out-flamed
>him in numerous public exchanges, in most of which Smith was finally
>reduced to petty sniping and vitriolic, incoherent rage. Dr. Smith, who is
>proud of his cleverness and learning and has a large Usenet ego, must be
>very resentful that a person he finds so odious humiliates him in argument
>after public argument.

Call me a Freudian, but I think that Smith finds the odium in himself,
in the measure of his persistence with these exchanges. The rest is a
clear case of negative transference. The humiliation is icing on the
cake.

>Make no mistake about it: what we are seeing now, is an attempt by Dr Smith
>to fight personal conflicts by professional means. This is despicable
>behavior and should be condemned as such. Thousands of mathematicians,
>including many people who are potentially my future employers and
>colleagues, read sci.math. I suppose the same is true of Zeleny's future
>employers (philosophers and logicians). Political arguments over subjects
>like homosexuality are virtually unknown here, the set of non-lurkers
>relatively small, and so accusations of bigotry against a couple of the
>regulars are likely to be remembered for some time. As Dr Smith knows,
>advancement in our field is largely a matter of social as well as
>mathematical acceptability. Hence the attempt to discredit as "homophobes"
>people whom he cannot punish by legitimate means. I have no interest in
>taking legal action but I suppose a case could be made that this is libel.

I doubt it. Mr Webster informs me that, in order to qualify as libel,
Smith's defamatory statement must succeed in conveying an unjustly
unfavorable impression of me, or expose me to public contempt. His
mistake is in shrilly promulgating it before an audience that is too
sophisticated to allot any credibility to an unsubstantiated act of
branding another with a contentious label. I rest confident in my
colleagues' abilities to discern the true merits of our respective
positions in this confrontation.

>Neither Zeleny nor I ever posted anything about homosexuality in this
>thread or in sci.math. Neither of us had our names mentioned anywhere in
>the thread to which Dr Smith replied. The present round of postings started
>by Ludwig Plutonium's "gay" remark is, as far as I can remember, the first
>time that the subjects of homosexuality and homophobia have ever been
>broached on sci.math. (Ignoring some off-color humor in the threads on math
>jokes). Dr Smith, therefore, is going out of his way to fight his personal
>battles through professional means. I repeat: this is a despicable
>practice and should be condemned as such.
>
>As Allan Adler eloquently pointed out here in his postings on "Social
>Harassment" a couple of years ago, mathematicians have a long way to go in
>learning to separate their private and professional affairs. Dr Smith's
>posting illustrates the downside of this situation.

Vindictiveness is not unique to mathematicians. I have no interest in
perpetuating an irrelevant topic on sci.math. Anyone interested in my
position on the issue that gave rise to this discussion, is welcome to
request an AMS-LaTeX draft of my paper on Kant, which covers its moral
aspect. Please note the follow-up.

>Tal Kubo
>ku...@math.harvard.edu
>--------------------------
>"Everything is impressive in large enough proportions -- even stupidity"
> -- Erich Kastner
>.

Cordially, - Mikhail | Why is it that all those who have become eminent
Zel...@math.ucla.edu | in philosophy or politics or poetry or art
UCLA Philosophy Dept | are clearly of an atrabilious temperament?

Erik Max Francis

Jan 30, 1994, 11:24:39 PM1/30/94
gsm...@uoft02.utoledo.edu writes:

> I don't know about sci.astro, but we have at least one virulent homophobe
> who posts to sci.math--Mikhail Zeleny. We have one passionate defender
> of homophobia and probable homophobe who posts here--Tal Kubo. These
> guys may strike you as more respectable than Mr. von Plutonium, but
> I don't think that is a good reason to pick on him for homophobia under
> the circumstances.

Just because other people are reactionary homophobes but aren't total
morons doesn't make it all right or acceptable behavior here.

Tal Kubo

Jan 31, 1994, 3:59:11 AM1/31/94
> [...]

thread or in sci.math. Neither of us had our names mentioned anywhere in
the thread to which Dr Smith replied. The present round of postings started
by Ludwig Plutonium's "gay" remark is, as far as I can remember, the first
time that the subjects of homosexuality and homophobia have ever been
broached on sci.math. (Ignoring some off-color humor in the threads on math
jokes). Dr Smith, therefore, is going out of his way to fight his personal
battles through professional means. I repeat: this is a despicable
practice and should be condemned as such.

As Allan Adler eloquently pointed out here in his postings on "Social
Harassment" a couple of years ago, mathematicians have a long way to go in
learning to separate their private and professional affairs. Dr Smith's
posting illustrates the downside of this situation.

Dick Adams

Jan 31, 1994, 5:08:42 PM1/31/94
I am not now, nor do I ever wish to be, a party to defending
anything which comes from the keyboard of Lugwig Plutonium.
On the issue of assuming that the one's gender orientation
has an effect on their quality of character, I believe it is
reasonable to reconsider the terminology being used to
describe the justifiable outrage being expressed.

The term 'homophobia' refers to a fear of homosexuals. Although
the leap from fear to bigotry against is both short and intuitive,
I believe someone can inform us of a more appropriate term for
bigotry based upon gender orientation. Regardless of what that
term might be, I doubt that is applies to the illustrious Ludwig
Plutonium who IMHO is too much of a charlatan to be a bigot.
IMHO, the phrase which most appropriately describes his comments
is 'social ignorance.'

Dick - All possible disclaimers apply

Tal Kubo

Jan 31, 1994, 5:25:05 AM1/31/94
In article <s42Zgc...@alcyone.darkside.com>
m...@alcyone.darkside.com (Erik Max Francis) writes:

>Just because other people are reactionary homophobes but aren't total
>morons doesn't make it all right or acceptable behavior here.

Say, do you believe everything you read? Would Dr Smith ever lie to you?

Erik, please indicate a single instance of "reactionary homophobia" or
similar "unacceptable behavior" in this newsgroup from anyone other than
Ludwig. Failing that, please concede that the above bit of moralizing is a
strawman. Failing that, consider yourself excommunicated from the category
of non-total-morons, and consider inveighing against such outrages in other
equally afflicted groups like comp.binaries.ibmpc.

Clue: apart from the last couple of days, I don't recall seeing even a
single reference to homosexuality in this newsgroup, phobic or otherwise.
I've been reading regularly for several years. The only things even
remotely similar were some remarks anti-affirmative action, and some debate
about the "Polly Nomial" story.

Tal Kubo
ku...@math.harvard.edu
---------------------------
Seen on Usenet:
>>America is a free country.
>Do you believe everything you misunderstand?

Bradley Brock

Feb 3, 1994, 11:48:03 AM2/3/94
In article <1994Jan31....@ube.ub.umd.edu>,

Dick Adams <eaj...@ube.ub.umd.edu> wrote:
>The term 'homophobia' refers to a fear of homosexuals.

Not on sci.math. Here it means the irrational fear of homology.
Personally, I'm a cohomophile. :-)
--
Bradley W. Brock | "If I do, these persons may come to great harm....
br...@ccr-p.ida.org | After all a person's a person. No matter how small."

Michael K. Murray

Feb 7, 1994, 1:07:09 AM2/7/94
In article <A9...@BB.maus.de>, Oliver...@bb.maus.de (Oliver Bonten)
wrote:

> I'm curious: "homo" is latin for "human being" - is a homophobe a
> person who dislikes his own species?

Is it? Why do we have homomorphism, homogenous etc ?
(Just asking - the only latin I know I learnt as a child trying to relate
the left hand side of the prayer book to the right hand side (or was it
the
other way around)).

Michael.

Michael K. Murray
Pure Mathematics Department
University of Adelaide phone: (08) 303 4174
Adelaide SA 5005 fax: (08) 232 5670
AUSTRALIA. email: mmu...@spam.maths.adelaide.edu.au

Mr R M Green

Feb 10, 1994, 6:43:17 PM2/10/94

In article <mmurray-07...@macmurray.maths.adelaide.edu.au>, mmu...@spam.maths.adelaide.edu.au (Michael K. Murray) writes:
|> In article <A9...@BB.maus.de>, Oliver...@bb.maus.de (Oliver Bonten)
|> wrote:
|>
|> > I'm curious: "homo" is latin for "human being" - is a homophobe a
|> > person who dislikes his own species?
|>
|> Is it? Why do we have homomorphism, homogenous etc ?
^ Do we? I have 'homogeneous'.
Or have I completely missed the point?

|> (Just asking - the only latin I know I learnt as a child trying to relate
|> the left hand side of the prayer book to the right hand side (or was it
|> the
|> other way around)).
|>
|> Michael.
|> -------------------------------------------------------------------------

| Have you got a little tartan | Richard Green (aka Edfromo) |
| drummer girl in a plastic tube? | Email: r...@uk.ac.warwick.maths |
| | (reverse this for internet) |
\-----------------------------------------------------------------------------/

Karen Hunt

Feb 11, 1994, 10:00:31 AM2/11/94

Well, I'd say the problem you're having here is more due to the fact
that we aren't using latin roots in homophobia, homomorphism, homogeneous,
homogenized or any of many other such words.
homos is classical Greek for same.
phobos is classical Greek for fear.
morphe is classical Greek for form.
For geneous and genized, it's a bit harder since there are several classical
Greek words floating around here.
gignomai = to become, occur, happen. Its original stem is geno.
genesis = origin, source, race descent. It is related to gignomai.
There is a similar word: genos = race, descent, kind, species.

There are plenty of words in English created by smashing two Greek words
together (an activity the Greeks themselves were fond of). The words
above are examples of this.

Karen Condie Hunt

George Baloglou

Feb 12, 1994, 11:59:01 AM2/12/94
In article <CL2F0...@mentor.cc.purdue.edu> v...@mace.cc.purdue.edu (Karen Hunt) writes:

>Well, I'd say the problem you're having here is more due to the fact
>that we aren't using latin roots in homophobia, homomorphism, homogeneous,
>homogenized or any of many other such words.
>homos is classical Greek for same.
>phobos is classical Greek for fear.
>morphe is classical Greek for form.
>For geneous and genized, it's a bit harder since there are several classical
>Greek words floating around here.
>gignomai = to become, occur, happen. Its original stem is geno.
>genesis = origin, source, race descent. It is related to gignomai.
>There is a similar word: genos = race, descent, kind, species.

All the classical Greek "basic" terms (roots) mentioned above are also used
in modern Greek (their meaning remaining intact), with the exception of
"homos", which survived as "homios" (another ancient term for "similar").

>There are plenty of words in English created by smashing two Greek words
>together (an activity the Greeks themselves were fond of). The words
>above are examples of this.

"Homogeneous" is not one of them, however; indeed, the term existed
in classical Greek ("homogenees") meaning "from the same mother" or
"of the same kind". Consinstently with the remark made above,
"homogeneous" is used as "homiogenees" in modern Greek, with the
initial term ("homogenees") preserved either as a noun meaning
"Diaspora Greek" or ... as a Mathematical term :-)

>Karen Condie Hunt

George Baloglou--Mathematics, SUNY Oswego, NY 13126, USA

"But, aren't those shadowy, incomprehensibly large cardinals
at least as representative of contemporary Mathematics as
those prone-to-misprints large primes?"

Michael K. Murray

Feb 14, 1994, 1:32:30 AM2/14/94
In article <2jegql$3...@brie.csv.warwick.ac.uk>, ma...@csv.warwick.ac.uk (Mr
R M Green) wrote:

> homogenous etc ?
> ^ Do we? I have 'homogeneous'.
> Or have I completely missed the point?

No homogenous is the Australian spelling (joke!)

ROGER FIRESTONE

Feb 14, 1994, 12:17:00 PM2/14/94

Of course, you are mixing Latin and Greek here (the "ph" in "morphism"
should be a giveaway). But English-speakers have always done that; if
not (as P. C. Patton once pointed out), an automobile would be known
as either an "ipsemobile" or an "autokineton." (I like that last
one!)
--
The Next Challenge - Public Access Unix in Northern Va. - Washington D.C.
703-803-0391 To log in for trial and account info.

Tom Ace

Feb 15, 1994, 3:21:23 AM2/15/94
In article <26...@tnc.UUCP> m0...@tnc.UUCP (ROGER FIRESTONE) writes:

>Of course, you are mixing Latin and Greek here (the "ph" in "morphism"
>should be a giveaway). But English-speakers have always done that; if
>not (as P. C. Patton once pointed out), an automobile would be known
>as either an "ipsemobile" or an "autokineton." (I like that last one!)

If memory serves me correctly, the modern Greek word for automobile
is autokineto. (And modern Greek for the planet Venus is "Aphrodite".)

Tom Ace
t...@netcom.com

ADEP...@esrin.bitnet

Feb 17, 1994, 4:59:34 AM2/17/94
I did not see the original postings, but it seems to me that
what happened is this: homo in homosexual was formed from the
Greek term for "same" (i.e., meaning attracted to the same sex)
and in English the term "homo" became an abbreviated form, which
may be confused with the (correct root) term homo (meaning same
or similar, as in homomorphism). So actually the term homophobic
should mean "fear of the same" (maybe similar to misanthrope?)
...Just my $0.02. Sorry if this is not really math...
_______________________

A. De Paoli

Oliver Bonten

Feb 19, 1994, 3:56:00 AM2/19/94
-A11232@AC2

RF>"autokineton." (I like that last one!)

In modern greek, it's "avtokineta" or something like that.

Hälsningar, ob
(Net)

George Baloglou

Feb 24, 1994, 3:05:12 AM2/24/94

OK, this time I cannot resist this one ... and here comes a 100%
non-mathematical posting--NO APOLOGIES OFFERED AFTER THIS WARNING!

In some sense, both posters are correct on the Greek word for
"automobile"; it is *written* in "Greek" as "autokivhtov" (with
"u" = ipsilon, "i" = iota, "h" = ita (all three *normally*
pronounced as "ee" in "peek") and "v" = nou) but pronounced as
"aftokiniton" (rather than "avtokiniton"). Where is the catch?

Well, when alpha is followed by upsilon, "au" is not pronounced
as "I", but either as "af" (when the *third* letter happens to be
"theta", "kappa", "ksi", "sigma", "tau", "phi", "chi") or as "av"
(when the *third* letter happens to be "alpha", "gamma", "delta",
"epsilon", "ita", "iota" (?), "lamda", "mou" (?), "nou", "omikron",
"rho", "omega"). [Notice: some of the combinations listed above
are extremely rare, even in ancient Greek; for details, check the
Liddell & Scott Greek-English Lexicon, Oxford, 1968, p. 274-285.]

Dimitri Vulis, CUNY GC Math

Apr 10, 1994, 2:12:15 PM4/10/94
In all fairness to Dr. Smith, he's following Zeleny's logic. A few years ago
I pointed out the fact thet Zeleny is a dandruff-covered moron. Zeleny, not
apparently aware that I am Jewish, denounced me off the net as an anti-Semite.
According to Zeleny, a personal attack on an individual Jew is anti-Semitism
and according to Smith, a personal attack on an individual gay is homophobia.
Let Zeleney reap what he sawed.

Dimitri Vulis
CUNY GC Math
D...@CUNYVMS1.BITNET D...@CUNYVMS1.GC.CUNY.EDU

Disclaimer: my Usenet postings don't necessarily represent anyone's views,
especially my own and/or CUNY's.

Archimedes Plutonium

Aug 21, 2021, 4:05:10 AM8/21/21
Terry Tao, is that why you can never do a geometry proof of Fundamental Theorem of Calculus, for you are just a math crank. Cannot even crank out a paper cone, drop a lid inside and show the slant cut is a Oval, never the Ellipse.

Apparently, the only thing you learned at Princeton, Terry, was to con-art your way through mathematics.
AP writes: well, I have grown more science savvy since 1994, with my latest theory of homosexuality is all explained in that the wiring system, at birth is turned around backwards, much like wiring a TV, the deflection coil is wired backwards, and seeing the picture reversed, left to right versus right to left. So we no longer need a reincarnation explanation.

76th published book

What causes Homosexuality: a theory// physics-psychology series, book 3 Kindle Edition
by Archimedes Plutonium (Author)

After writing my book: Location of Brain Locus in Brain Locus Theory// physics-psychology series, book 2, I kept making analogies of the Brain Mind to a TV set rather than a radio. And because of recent reports that homosexuality was not a genetic caused condition. I set to look for what can be reversed in a TV that mimics or imitates homosexuality.

If we reverse the electrodes on a deflection coil of a TV, we reverse what appears on the screen.

The best analogy of a physical condition is often the inner workings of that condition.

Cover Picture: My photo of a Google Search of TV deflection coil.
Length: 31 pages

Product details
File Size: 1108 KB
Print Length: 31 pages
Publication Date: December 27, 2019
Sold by: Amazon.com Services LLC
Language: English
ASIN: B0837GSYLN
Text-to-Speech: Enabled

Word Wise: Enabled
Lending: Enabled
Screen Reader: Supported
Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #470,691 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
#31 in 45-Minute Science & Math Short Reads
#254 in Anatomy Science
#656 in Biology (Kindle Store)

Message has been deleted

Kuang Ying

Aug 21, 2021, 5:03:52 AM8/21/21
Archimedes Plutonium wrote:

> 1) From 1993 to about 2000 was a stage of sharing ideas with others,
> joining into discussion. And I was located near the Dartmouth College
> campus. With many people in contact and at close quarters. So my
> psychological mind was "go along".

but your IQ is been well below 150 all along. What are you trying to
prove?

Kuang Ying

Aug 21, 2021, 5:28:33 AM8/21/21
Archimedes Plutonium wrote:

> Terry Tao, is that why you can never do a geometry proof of Fundamental
> Theorem of Calculus, for you are just a math crank. Cannot even crank
> out a paper cone, drop a lid inside and show the slant cut is a Oval,
> never the Ellipse.

this easy those *public_servants*, known as death injections depopulation
oriented corrupt governments, can be removed from where they are,
thinking they are there to *rule*.

Funny as it sounds, once removed you'll discover they are truly
*antivaxxers*.

Stop Protesting & Arrest Your Politicians NOW - It Will Only Take 1,000
Patriots In Each Country!
https://www.bitchute.com/video/cGoIuOIvGjsr/
Message has been deleted

Brain Deitke

Aug 21, 2021, 1:43:22 PM8/21/21
Archimedes Plutonium wrote:

> AP writes: And I submit the fact that Dr. Tao cannot even roll up a
> heavy paper into a cone and drop a Kerr lid or a Mason jar lid down into
> the cone. Then tilt the lid and see for himself that the slant cut of a
> single cone forms a Oval, never the Ellipse. And because Terry Tao is
> too feeble,

you are LGBT. Confused.

Eram semper recta

Aug 21, 2021, 4:27:21 PM8/21/21
On Thursday, 6 January 1994 at 14:26:21 UTC-5, Gerald Edgar wrote:
> Mathematical Cranks
> This is the title of an interesting book by Underwood Dudley, 1992.
> There is an (also interesting) review of it by Ian Stewart in the
> January issue of the American Mathematical Monthly.
> --
> Gerald A. Edgar Internet: ed...@math.ohio-state.edu
> Department of Mathematics Bitnet: EDGAR@OHSTPY
> The Ohio State University telephone: 614-292-0395 (Office)
> Columbus, OH 43210 -292-4975 (Math. Dept.) -292-1479 (Dept. Fax)

The book is neither informative nor interesting. It's very easy to spot a crank:

A crank is one who cannot be convinced in the face of overwhelming evidence.

Archimedes Plutonium is a crank - of this there is no doubt.

Eram semper recta

Aug 21, 2021, 4:29:08 PM8/21/21
But I wonder what is worse, ... a confirmed crank or a cult member such as yourself?

olcott

Aug 21, 2021, 4:34:52 PM8/21/21
There are times when the herd of sheep that align themselves around
conventional wisdom are wrong.

--
Copyright 2021 Pete Olcott

minds." Einstein
Message has been deleted

Eram semper recta

Aug 21, 2021, 6:08:27 PM8/21/21
On Saturday, 21 August 2021 at 16:34:52 UTC-4, olcott wrote:
> On 8/21/2021 3:29 PM, Eram semper recta wrote:
> >>
> >> The book is neither informative nor interesting. It's very easy to spot a crank:
> >>
> >> A crank is one who cannot be convinced in the face of overwhelming evidence.
> >>
> >> Archimedes Plutonium is a crank - of this there is no doubt.
> >
> > But I wonder what is worse, ... a confirmed crank or a cult member such as yourself?
> >
> There are times when the herd of sheep that align themselves around
> conventional wisdom are wrong.

Of course.

> --
> Copyright 2021 Pete Olcott
>
> "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." Einstein

One of my favourite quotes from Einstein, the father of all theatrical (spelled correctly) physicists. Chuckle. I am certain Einstein was a nice guy, but genius? No. He had no clue what is the meaning of time and ALL his theories are based on this core concept.
Message has been deleted

olcott

Aug 21, 2021, 7:31:06 PM8/21/21
On 8/21/2021 6:24 PM, bwr fml wrote:
> On Saturday, August 21, 2021 at 1:34:52 PM UTC-7, olcott wrote:
>> There are times when the herd of sheep that align themselves around
>> conventional wisdom are wrong.
>> --
>> Copyright 2021 Pete Olcott
>>
>> "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds."
>> Einstein
>
> After reading that quote you might read a paper by Wilfred Hodges published in The Bulletin of Symbolic Logic.
>
> http://www.logic.univie.ac.at/~ykhomski/ST2013/Hodges.pdf

I am in the process of refuting the halting problem proofs.
Message has been deleted

Mostowski Collapse

Aug 21, 2021, 8:47:20 PM8/21/21
Looks like this church has never emerged.

Although there is already a high priest:

Priest Smokes Dances
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss1XJSp4UsE

Or is it a high pristess?

Ameno Cannabis Remix
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cf8gXDwzfK8

Ludwig Plutonium schrieb am Freitag, 7. Januar 1994 um 00:00:12 UTC+1:
> In article <2ghokt$1...@math.mps.ohio-state.edu>
> ed...@math.ohio-state.edu (Gerald Edgar) writes:
> > Mathematical Cranks
> > This is the title of an interesting book by Underwood Dudley, 1992.
> >
> > There is an (also interesting) review of it by Ian Stewart in the
> > January issue of the American Mathematical Monthly.
> Gerald, although you do not mention my name in this poster leader,
> the timing and your past bias towards me, I take it as a personal
> insult.
> Since you are so inclined to infrequently post your opinion of me,
> albeit in an undercover manner, I will come right-out into the open and
> post my opinion of you. Gerald, you remind me so much of the
> untalented egotistical person in the AMADEUS (Mozart) movie. It is such
> a shame that some professors of math will learn and absorb so much of
> mathematics. Perhaps even teach math well. But never be in the History
> of Mathematics. And when they see someone who will be--their first line
> of attack is to call them cranks. Such is human nature.
Message has been deleted

olcott

Aug 22, 2021, 12:05:24 AM8/22/21
On 8/21/2021 7:45 PM, bwr fml wrote:
> On Saturday, August 21, 2021 at 4:31:06 PM UTC-7, olcott wrote:
>> On 8/21/2021 6:24 PM, bwr fml wrote:
>>> After reading that quote you might read a paper by Wilfred Hodges published in The Bulletin of Symbolic Logic.
>>> http://www.logic.univie.ac.at/~ykhomski/ST2013/Hodges.pdf
>> I am in the process of refuting the halting problem proofs.
>> Copyright 2021 Pete Olcott
>
> I think that very carefully going through Hodge's paper and
> making very sure to avoid each of the kinds of flaws that he describes
> might help you on your quest to refute the halting problem proofs.

I am simply using valid deduction from provable true premises. I created
the whole x86utm operating system so that I could fully encode an actual
halt decider that does decide its input correctly.

> A much more challenging task would be to see if anyone has
> translated a halting problem proof into a form that one of the
> respected theorem provers, like Lean or one of the others, will
> accept and gotten the tool to confirm the proof. If that has not
> been done then that might be an opportunity for you to accomplish.
> And if that has been done then perhaps you could use that as a
> guide and translate your own proof into a similar form and try to
> get the tool to confirm it. If you could accomplish that and build
> that on accepted and conventional foundations then you might
> get more serious attention paid to what you have done.
>
> I sincerely hope it works out for you
Message has been deleted

Eram semper recta

Aug 22, 2021, 7:53:27 AM8/22/21
On Sunday, 22 August 2021 at 04:32:24 UTC-4, Ludwig Pohelman aka famous crank Archimedes Plutonium wrote:
> Crank Edgar still believes a ellipse is a conic when a High School student can prove it is a Oval at slant cut.

Shut the hell up, you psychopath.

An ellipse IS a conic section. Of course you won't understand - you are a fucking crank.

Jim Burns

Aug 22, 2021, 9:20:01 AM8/22/21
On 8/21/2021 7:30 PM, olcott wrote:

> I am in the process of refuting the halting problem proofs.

Is the process of refuting the halting problem proofs itself
a process which halts?

If it's non-halting, when will we know it's non-halting?
If only there were a process which halts and which can
infallibly detect non-halting processes.

Hey! You're working on that, aren't you? When...

olcott

Aug 22, 2021, 11:02:54 AM8/22/21
Yes I am almost done.
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Ross A. Finlayson

Aug 22, 2021, 11:04:14 PM8/22/21
On Sunday, August 22, 2021 at 7:40:00 PM UTC-7, Archimedes Plutonium wrote:
> [...]
>
> Length: 21 pages
>
> File Size: 1620 KB
> Print Length: 21 pages
> Publication Date: March 11, 2019
> Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
> Language: English
> ASIN: B07PLSDQWC
> Text-to-Speech: Enabled
> Word Wise: Not Enabled
> Lending: Enabled
> Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled
> 11th published book
>
> World's First Geometry Proof of Fundamental Theorem of Calculus// Math proof series, book 2 Kindle Edition
> by Archimedes Plutonium (Author)
>
> Last revision was 19May2021. This is AP's 11th published book of science.
> Preface:
> Actually my title is too modest, for the proof that lies within this book makes it the World's First Valid Proof of Fundamental Theorem of Calculus, for in my modesty, I just wanted to emphasis that calculus was geometry and needed a geometry proof. Not being modest, there has never been a valid proof of FTC until AP's 2015 proof. This also implies that only a geometry proof of FTC constitutes a valid proof of FTC.
>
> Calculus needs a geometry proof of Fundamental Theorem of Calculus. But none could ever be obtained in Old Math so long as they had a huge mass of mistakes, errors, fakes and con-artist trickery such as the "limit analysis". To give a Geometry Proof of Fundamental Theorem of Calculus requires math be cleaned-up and cleaned-out of most of math's mistakes and errors. So in a sense, a Geometry FTC proof is a exercise in Consistency of all of Mathematics. In order to prove a FTC geometry proof, requires throwing out the error filled mess of Old Math. Can the Reals be the true numbers of mathematics if the Reals cannot deliver a Geometry proof of FTC? Can the functions that are not polynomial functions allow us to give a Geometry proof of FTC? Can a Coordinate System in 2D have 4 quadrants and still give a Geometry proof of FTC? Can a equation of mathematics with a number that is _not a positive decimal Grid Number_ all alone on the right side of the equation, at all times, allow us to give a Geometry proof of the FTC?
>
> Cover Picture: Is my hand written, one page geometry proof of the Fundamental Theorem of Calculus, the world's first geometry proof of FTC, 2013-2015, by AP.
>
> Length: 137 pages
>
> Product details
> ASIN : B07PQTNHMY
> Publication date : March 14, 2019
> Language : English
> File size : 1307 KB
> Text-to-Speech : Enabled
> Screen Reader : Supported
> Enhanced typesetting : Enabled
> Word Wise : Not Enabled
> Print length : 137 pages
> Lending : Enabled
> Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #128,729 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
> #2 in 45-Minute Science & Math Short Reads

Ah, but AP: G. Edgar is kind and erudite.

About your "lid fell in the cone...",
seems you're looking at the _shadow_ of the lid
not the lid itself.

I.e. the lid is flat and conic sections are ellipses.

"In a non-degenerate conic
the plane does not pass through the vertex of the cone."

Don't worry AP and if you would, the more
you talk about your theory and not about
how it applies to others, it's better received.

I.e. though I am kind at you it's contrived,
because "universe is one big dot" is profound.

Is it so you perceive a requirement for,
a, "geometric proof of FTC"?

(I made one for you in line-drawing, rather
simply building up the IVT thus FTC's. In
a "geometric" sense, it's geometric.)

Still, though, if you can't appreciate what's usally
the apparatus of the higher mathematics, you must
allow that it's what we have and a reflection on us.
(And there's only adding, not taking away.)

Ross A. Finlayson

Aug 22, 2021, 11:05:45 PM8/22/21
On Saturday, August 21, 2021 at 4:31:06 PM UTC-7, olcott wrote:
Actually something like the Endscheidungs falls under the
"undecide-able", what various theories decide.

olcott

Aug 22, 2021, 11:29:56 PM8/22/21
Undecidable actually means subtle hidden incoherence.

zelos...@gmail.com

Aug 23, 2021, 12:48:47 AM8/23/21
lördag 21 augusti 2021 kl. 10:05:10 UTC+2 skrev Archimedes Plutonium:
> [...]
>
> If we reverse the electrodes on a deflection coil of a TV, we reverse what appears on the screen.
>
> The best analogy of a physical condition is often the inner workings of that condition.
>
> Cover Picture: My photo of a Google Search of TV deflection coil.
> Length: 31 pages
>
> Product details
> File Size: 1108 KB
> Print Length: 31 pages
> Publication Date: December 27, 2019
> Sold by: Amazon.com Services LLC
> Language: English
> ASIN: B0837GSYLN
> Text-to-Speech: Enabled
> Word Wise: Enabled
> Lending: Enabled
> Screen Reader: Supported
> Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled
> Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #470,691 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
> #31 in 45-Minute Science & Math Short Reads

It is internet etiquette to not necro dead threads.
Message has been deleted

Muccio Grande

Aug 23, 2021, 2:13:42 PM8/23/21
Ross A. Finlayson wrote:

> I.e. the lid is flat and conic sections are ellipses.
>
> "In a non-degenerate conic the plane does not pass through the vertex of
> the cone."

BREAKING: Pfizer Vaccine APPROVED For MASS MURDER By The FDA! - What You
Need To Know!

my-ohh-my, approval after 45k deaths in three weeks, which is 1%, so the
real death count in capitalist america might be well above 4.5 billion
souls of good americans.

Pentagon spokesperson John Kirby Announces Vaccine Mandates For U.S.
Military

I need an UFO to escape this fucking planet.

Muccio Grande

Aug 23, 2021, 2:14:37 PM8/23/21
Muccio Grande wrote:

> Ross A. Finlayson wrote:
>
>> I.e. the lid is flat and conic sections are ellipses.
>>
>> "In a non-degenerate conic the plane does not pass through the vertex
>> of the cone."
>
> BREAKING: Pfizer Vaccine APPROVED For MASS MURDER By The FDA! - What You
> Need To Know!
>
> my-ohh-my, approval after 45k deaths in three weeks, which is 1%, so the
> real death count in capitalist america might be well above 4.5 billion
> souls of good americans.

was to say *millions*
Message has been deleted

zelos...@gmail.com

Aug 24, 2021, 1:00:47 AM8/24/21
måndag 23 augusti 2021 kl. 06:53:58 UTC+2 skrev Archimedes Plutonium:
> It is the most polite gesture of the value and worth of another person's thoughts in science is revisited. As if to say, what you said 30 years ago is worth another visit.
>
> But as for you Zelos, you never belonged in sci.math with your mind only thinking about sex and never math. And you placing sex above science. No, you belong in a pick up bar, but not sci.math.
You start a NEW thread then and link BACK to the old one, you do not necro a thread.

And sex? Are you stupid? I have enver said anything about it. You're the one being homophobic and bringing it up!

Sergio

Aug 24, 2021, 1:58:31 PM8/24/21
yea, go back from where you came, commie!

Muccio Grande

Aug 24, 2021, 2:24:23 PM8/24/21
Sergio wrote:

>> BREAKING: Pfizer Vaccine APPROVED For MASS MURDER By The FDA! - What
>> You Need To Know!
>> my-ohh-my, approval after 45k deaths in three weeks, which is 1%, so
>> the real death count in capitalist america might be well above 4.5
>> billion souls of good americans.
>> Pentagon spokesperson John Kirby Announces Vaccine Mandates For U.S.
>> Military
>>
>> I need an UFO to escape this fucking planet.
>
> yea, go back from where you came, commie!

it has nothing to do with losing war in afganistan, Sergey. They are
going to bomb China, or to fake-bomb China.

Thereafter your capitalist fascist enslavement will be completed. They
injecting you the way they want to protect you from the evil China.

No capitalist can escape justice without bombing China. You just proved
you are an idiot, not understanding mathematics. Sergey??

Archimedes Plutonium

Aug 24, 2021, 4:58:44 PM8/24/21
> [...]

Cover Picture: Is my hand written, one page geometry proof of the Fundamental Theorem of Calculus, the world's first geometry proof of FTC, 2013-2015, by AP.

Mina

Aug 25, 2021, 11:52:35 AM8/25/21

Gerald Edgar kirjutas neljapäev, 6. jaanuar 1994 kl 21:26:21 UTC+2:
It is loading more messages.