Rant about The Creator's Glory

anonowen7

Mar 16, 2009, 4:26:26 AM3/16/09
Rant about The Creator's Glory as reflected in how light behaves (Relativity).

When He made this World as it is, He *never* *meant* for humans to be the OVERSEERS
(or stewards) of His Creation.

Mankind has been following a false avenue all these centuries and millenia, thinking
that it/he can behold ALL there is of The Creation, rather if not literally behold at
least fully grok the portion which is beyond the range of his most powerful telescopes
...a false avenue because that grokking just wasn't meant to be! It's impossible to
grasp the entirety "as it stands" because there is no meaningful master time continuum
so there can be no momentary stasis to behold. Put even more simply, there is no
"taking of a mental image snapshot" of the cosmos-at-a-juncture, because that implies
a moment in universal time. We now know that Reality neither conforms nor defers to
any such Universal Time.

So WTF do I mean by bringing God into all this? Silly I suppose, but it's His Almighty
Surprise Factor that flips my twig. Hehe, the joke's on Humanity, ha-ha, ho-ho.

End of rant

Antares 531

Mar 16, 2009, 9:15:16 AM3/16/09
On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 04:26:26 -0400, "anonowen7" <bac...@bugmenot.net>
wrote:

It isn't a joke. It is an opportunity to learn, so we won't make the
same mistake Lucifer made, after we've been granted immortality and
absolute sovereignty.

How else could God have prepared us for immortality and absolute
sovereignty without risking a bunch of failures such as Lucifer's? How
else could God have given each of us the unfettered opportunity to go
along with His plan, or to opt out as we choose?

Keep in mind that God's temporal frame (eternity) is not the same as
our temporal frame (time). This on-going process that, from our
current perspective, seem to be taking a VERY long time, is completed
almost instantaneously from God's temporal perspective. It is a "hands
on" learning process that lets us make our own choices instead of
having been pre-programmed for absolute obedience like a bunch of
puppet robots.

Gordon

dlzc

Mar 16, 2009, 10:23:14 AM3/16/09
Dear anonowen7:

On Mar 16, 1:26 am, "anonowen7" <back...@bugmenot.net> wrote:
> Rant about The Creator's Glory as reflected in how
> light behaves (Relativity).

> So WTF do I mean by bringing God into all this?
> Silly I suppose, but it's His Almighty Surprise
> Factor that flips my twig. Hehe, the joke's on
> Humanity, ha-ha, ho-ho.
>
> End of rant

You might want to read "Star Maker"...

David A. Smith

*us*

Mar 16, 2009, 10:54:58 AM3/16/09
On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 08:15:16 -0500, Antares 531 <gordonl...@swbell.net> wrote:

>... immortality and
>absolute sovereignty.

So you're in it for your greed.

>... lets us make our own choices...

You can't show that you'd ever chosen anything, though.

Why are you such a sucker for falsehoods?

Oh, wait, it's the greed.

anonowen7

Mar 16, 2009, 11:07:54 AM3/16/09

"Antares 531" <gordonl...@swbell.net> wrote in message
> It isn't a joke. ...we've been granted immortality and absolute sovereignty.

Each of those is a physical impossibility, not to mention undesirable.

I agree with the other poster that greed and blindness conspire to provoke such
beliefs.

When you, Gordon, said God you must have meant god, because in my rant I was
referring to The Highest & Mightiest No Less, and what interest would He have in
pandering to some 3rd rate species on some 3rd rate rock circling some 3rd rate
star in some out-of-the-way 3rd rate galaxy, hmmm?

None.

So I was referring to The Actual Creator Himself and I congratulate His Honor for
making Relativity the scheme of things. Men can never be the OVERSEERS, nor
have sovereignty nor stewardship nor eternal life. Ha-ha! Because relativity shows
that there is no such animal as a cosmic OVERVIEW. Those who fully grasp the
science know precisely what that truth.

Antares 531

Mar 16, 2009, 12:14:31 PM3/16/09

*US* you must feel terribly insecure and angry with yourself to
respond the way you do to this and other posts. What is it that is
making you feel so threatened?

Eddie Haskell

Mar 16, 2009, 12:17:41 PM3/16/09
On Mar 16, 8:07 am, "anonowen7" <back...@bugmenot.net> wrote:

> So I was referring to The Actual Creator Himself and I congratulate His Honor for
> making Relativity the scheme of things. Men can never be the OVERSEERS, nor
> have sovereignty nor stewardship nor eternal life. Ha-ha! Because relativity shows
> that there is no such animal as a cosmic OVERVIEW. Those who fully grasp the
> science know precisely what that truth.

Not inconceivably it's relativity which will ultimately prove to be
the greatest joke on mankind. The same people that tell us nothing can
"travel" faster than light are the very same people who turn right
around and tell us that because of "spin," two matched subatomic
particles can instantaneously communicate their proper orientation
across the universe.

Antares 531

Mar 16, 2009, 12:28:38 PM3/16/09
On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 11:07:54 -0400, "anonowen7" <bac...@bugmenot.net>
wrote:

>"Antares 531" <gordonl...@swbell.net> wrote in message
>> It isn't a joke. ...we've been granted immortality and absolute sovereignty.
>
>Each of those is a physical impossibility, not to mention undesirable.
>
>I agree with the other poster that greed and blindness conspire to provoke such
>beliefs.
>
>When you, Gordon, said God you must have meant god, because in my rant I was
>referring to The Highest & Mightiest No Less, and what interest would He have in
>pandering to some 3rd rate species on some 3rd rate rock circling some 3rd rate
>star in some out-of-the-way 3rd rate galaxy, hmmm?

God isn't "pandering" to us. God created us and, from our temporal
perspective we are still in a developmental process. From God's
eternity temporal perspective this project was finished almost
instantly.

The only other option would have been for God to have skipped this
temporal stage wherein we are now developing by our own experiences
and by the experiences of those we observe. That is, He could have
crated us already perfected and completely subservient...as
pre-programmed robots, but not as genuinely sovereign beings.

>None.
>
>So I was referring to The Actual Creator Himself and I congratulate His Honor for
>making Relativity the scheme of things. Men can never be the OVERSEERS, nor
>have sovereignty nor stewardship nor eternal life. Ha-ha! Because relativity shows
>that there is no such animal as a cosmic OVERVIEW. Those who fully grasp the
>science know precisely what that truth.

Humans will continue to understand more and more about God and His
creation...Super String multiverse...levels of Heaven...but we will
never be able to comprehend it entirely, as mortals. We simply do not
have enough brain cells, nor do we have the mental speed and agility
that would be required.

Our present assignment is to fully explore all those things that were
so alluring to Lucifer. Then, once all this has been fully explored
and we have reached the firm conclusion that nothing in this realm can
lead to a better state of being for us or for anyone else, we will be
ready for immortality and absolute sovereignty.

Gordon

anonowen7

Mar 16, 2009, 1:32:10 PM3/16/09
Antares 531 wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 11:07:54 -0400, "anonowen7" <bac...@bugmenot.net>
> wrote:
>

>> "Antares 531" <gordonl...@swbell.net> wrote in message
>>> It isn't a joke. ...we've been granted immortality and absolute
>>> sovereignty.
>>
>> Each of those is a physical impossibility, not to mention
>> undesirable.
>>
>> I agree with the other poster that greed and blindness conspire to
>> provoke such beliefs.
>>
>> When you, Gordon, said God you must have meant god, because in my
>> rant I was referring to The Highest & Mightiest No Less, and what
>> interest would He have in pandering to some 3rd rate species on some
>> 3rd rate rock circling some 3rd rate star in some out-of-the-way 3rd
>> rate galaxy, hmmm?
>>
> God isn't "pandering" to us.

You claim He offers men the world, salvation, sovereignty, stewardship
and magical soul transmigration, etc -- and that isn't "pandering"??

>> None.
>>
>> So I was referring to The Actual Creator Himself and I congratulate
>> His Honor for making Relativity the scheme of things. Men can never
>> be the OVERSEERS, nor
>> have sovereignty nor stewardship nor eternal life. Ha-ha! Because
>> relativity shows that there is no such animal as a cosmic OVERVIEW.
>> Those who fully grasp the science know precisely what that truth.
>>
> Humans will continue to understand more and more about God and His
> creation...Super String multiverse...levels of Heaven...but we will
> never be able to comprehend it entirely, as mortals. We simply do not
> have enough brain cells, nor do we have the mental speed and agility
> that would be required.

If humans continue with inane pursuits such as those you cite, the animal
kingdoms will (continue to) get trampled, the forests denuded and
the ecosphere despoiled.

> Our present assignment is to fully explore all those things that were
> so alluring to Lucifer. Then, once all this has been fully explored
> and we have reached the firm conclusion that nothing in this realm can
> lead to a better state of being for us or for anyone else, we will be
> ready for immortality and absolute sovereignty.

I'd readily agree to that last paragraph if the word "slaughtering"
replaces your phrase, "immortatility and absolute sovereignty".

Jens Stueckelberger

Mar 16, 2009, 2:26:25 PM3/16/09
On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 04:26:26 -0400, anonowen7 wrote:

> When He made this World as it is,

Who did? I mean there are so many God-wannabe entities out there
that one wouldn't know which one you mean. Care to clarify?

Antares 531

Mar 16, 2009, 2:27:59 PM3/16/09
On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 13:32:10 -0400, "anonowen7" <bac...@bugmenot.net>
wrote:

>Antares 531 wrote:
>> On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 11:07:54 -0400, "anonowen7" <bac...@bugmenot.net>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> "Antares 531" <gordonl...@swbell.net> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Each of those is a physical impossibility, not to mention
>>> undesirable.
>>>
>>> I agree with the other poster that greed and blindness conspire to
>>> provoke such beliefs.
>>>
>>> When you, Gordon, said God you must have meant god, because in my
>>> rant I was referring to The Highest & Mightiest No Less, and what
>>> interest would He have in pandering to some 3rd rate species on some
>>> 3rd rate rock circling some 3rd rate star in some out-of-the-way 3rd
>>> rate galaxy, hmmm?
>>>
>> God isn't "pandering" to us.
>
>You claim He offers men the world, salvation, sovereignty, stewardship
>and magical soul transmigration, etc -- and that isn't "pandering"??

Nature offers us fruits, vegetables and other necessities for life. Is
Nature pandering us? Or, are the bounties of nature simply available
to us if we choose to make prudent use of them and not mess the
ecosystem up to the point that these things are no longer available to
us.

>>> None.
>>>
>>> So I was referring to The Actual Creator Himself and I congratulate
>>> His Honor for making Relativity the scheme of things. Men can never
>>> be the OVERSEERS, nor
>>> have sovereignty nor stewardship nor eternal life. Ha-ha! Because
>>> relativity shows that there is no such animal as a cosmic OVERVIEW.
>>> Those who fully grasp the science know precisely what that truth.
>>>
>> Humans will continue to understand more and more about God and His
>> creation...Super String multiverse...levels of Heaven...but we will
>> never be able to comprehend it entirely, as mortals. We simply do not
>> have enough brain cells, nor do we have the mental speed and agility
>> that would be required.
>
>If humans continue with inane pursuits such as those you cite, the animal
>kingdoms will (continue to) get trampled, the forests denuded and
>the ecosphere despoiled.

I agree, for the most part, but I also hope that sometime soon we will
mature above this wasteful state that has led us to the point you
describe. Maybe some rapid advances in our intelligence and self
control will save us from self extinction.

What would this planet be like in a few years if we could somehow
develop robots or complex machines that would clean up all the land
fills and re-cycle the materials that have been wasted over the past
100 years or so? Could we hope to survive if we could make a
break-through in cold hydrogen fusion and eliminate the need for
burning fossil fuels entirely?

My assessment of today's situation is that we are at or very near a
fork in the road. If we take the wrong fork we will probably end up
extinct. But, if we take the right fork I think we have a LONG way to
go and a MUCH better level of existence to look forward to.

>> Our present assignment is to fully explore all those things that were
>> so alluring to Lucifer. Then, once all this has been fully explored
>> and we have reached the firm conclusion that nothing in this realm can
>> lead to a better state of being for us or for anyone else, we will be
>> ready for immortality and absolute sovereignty.
>
>I'd readily agree to that last paragraph if the word "slaughtering"
>replaces your phrase, "immortatility and absolute sovereignty".

I don't take the same negative view that you seem to embrace. I truly
think God is still in charge and that he is managing things very well,
indeed. We are learning, jointly and severally, and when this mortal
phase of our existence ends we will move ahead into a much better
state of being. Super String theory...multiverse...levels of Heaven
all seem to be in harmony with the Word of God, and I'm quite
comfortable with the situation.

Gordon

anonowen7

Mar 16, 2009, 3:03:04 PM3/16/09
Antares 531 wrote:
>>> God isn't "pandering" to us.
>>
>> You claim He offers men the world, salvation, sovereignty,
>> stewardship and magical soul transmigration, etc -- and that isn't
>> "pandering"??
>>
> Nature offers us fruits, vegetables and other necessities for life. Is
> Nature pandering us? Or, are the bounties of nature simply available
> to us if we choose to make prudent use of them and not mess the
> ecosystem up to the point that these things are no longer available to
> us.

Sure yes, Nature panders to our physical needs because our physiques
evolved in symbiosis with the natural world, just so. Not so the imaginary
world of deities, for that is some spookiness only, not a crutch or gift and
not even benificent. Though I still occasionally will refer to "God" because
He is more than a mere deity or demigod. He is The World, The Glory!

>> If humans continue with inane pursuits such as those you cite, the

>> animal kingdoms will (continue to) get trampled, the forests denuded
>> and the ecosphere despoiled.
>>
> I agree, for the most part, but I also hope that sometime soon we will
> mature above this wasteful state that has led us to the point you
> describe. Maybe some rapid advances in our intelligence and self
> control will save us from self extinction.
>
> What would this planet be like in a few years if we could somehow
> develop robots or complex machines that would clean up all the land
> fills and re-cycle the materials that have been wasted over the past
> 100 years or so? Could we hope to survive if we could make a
> break-through in cold hydrogen fusion and eliminate the need for
> burning fossil fuels entirely?
>
> My assessment of today's situation is that we are at or very near a
> fork in the road. If we take the wrong fork we will probably end up
> extinct. But, if we take the right fork I think we have a LONG way to
> go and a MUCH better level of existence to look forward to.

We took the WRONG fork eons ago and all is irrevocably lost.
Good news for blessed Earth that we are leaving anon!

anonowen7

Mar 16, 2009, 3:10:16 PM3/16/09

I clarified somewhat in my later posts, this thread.
The World is the way it is and we'll never be able
to surmount certain (like relativistic) constraints.
And so, just like the insurance companies do in cases like
that, it's refered to as an "Act of God", a known symbolic
reference, ergo applicable to my rant.

I don't embrace shamanism, or god-wannabe icons of any kind;
only His Honor, The Almighty, The Actual Creator, however
nebulously you take that to mean.

KMF

Mar 16, 2009, 3:19:22 PM3/16/09
> On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 13:32:10 -0400, "anonowen7"
> > ......I think God is still in charge and that he is managing
> things very well,
> indeed.

Yes: Sudan, the holocaust, injustice at all levels.
Great job indeed. I used to visit near a place for
people with physical deformities. Maybe you can
remind them of the great job your boss is doing.
Remind them that your boss is all-knowing, all-capable,
yet chooses to do nothing about their suffering.

BTW: I knew of someone like you--someone who believed
without understanding /questioning. He told me that
suffering was a gift from god, a sign of god's love.
So I kicked him in the balls and told him: god sends
you his love!

We are learning, jointly and severally, and
> when this mortal
> phase of our existence ends we will move ahead into a
> much better
> state of being. Super String
> theory...multiverse...levels of Heaven
> all seem to be in harmony with the Word of God, and
> I'm quite
> comfortable with the situation.

Yes, because you're not eating shit at the wrong end
of the stick, and you don't care to stand for those
that do, and it does not bother you that your god is not doing anything about it. You'll make a good republican.

> Gordon

How submissive can one get to just follow what their
told, like you have?

KMF

Mar 16, 2009, 3:10:35 PM3/16/09
Please: not another post about JSH :) .

Virgil

Mar 16, 2009, 4:11:00 PM3/16/09
In article <49be0d2f$0$21571$8226...@news.adtechcomputers.com>,
"anonowen7" <bac...@bugmenot.net> wrote:

> Rant about The Creator's Glory as reflected in how light behaves
> (Relativity).

Rants about "The Creator", whether pro or con, do not belong in
sci.math.

There are plenty of NGs more appropriate.

Jens Stueckelberger

Mar 16, 2009, 4:40:50 PM3/16/09
On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 15:10:16 -0400, anonowen7 wrote:

> Jens Stueckelberger wrote:
>> On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 04:26:26 -0400, anonowen7 wrote:
>>
>>> When He made this World as it is,
>>
>> Who did? I mean there are so many God-wannabe entities out there that
>> one wouldn't know which one you mean. Care to clarify?
>

> I don't embrace shamanism, or god-wannabe icons of any kind; only His
> Honor, The Almighty, The Actual Creator, however nebulously you take
> that to mean.

So nebulous that it is meaningless.

*us*

Mar 16, 2009, 11:11:49 PM3/16/09
On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 11:14:31 -0500, Antares 531 <gordonl...@swbell.net> wrote:

>... feel terribly insecure and angry ...

No wonder you let your greed overrule
any reason you may have.

Your failure to dispute the fact that you
are greedy remains, of course.

Michael Stemper

Mar 17, 2009, 1:35:21 PM3/17/09
In article <49be0d2f$0$21571$8226...@news.adtechcomputers.com>, "anonowen7" <bac...@bugmenot.net> writes:
>Rant about The Creator's Glory as reflected in how light behaves (Relativity).
>
>When He made this World as it is, He *never* *meant* for humans to be the OVERSEERS
>(or stewards) of His Creation.

Oh, yeah? Try reading Genesis 1:26-28.

--
Michael F. Stemper
#include <Standard_Disclaimer>

Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Mar 18, 2009, 2:08:14 PM3/18/09
Jens Stueckelberger wrote:

He means the FMS, of course. Only an infidel would question His greatness
(particularly with a side order of garlic bread).

--
Paul Hovnanian pa...@hovnanian.com
Have gnu, will travel.