You are indeed a crank if you claim that 1/3 = 0.333...

Eram semper recta

Apr 18, 2021, 7:11:43 AM4/18/21
Find out why here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12oUJAfIMFMcXFb8DvgsYxuPfdaB99XYH

Comments will most likely be ignored.

Dan Christensen

Apr 18, 2021, 9:02:47 AM4/18/21
On Sunday, April 18, 2021 at 7:11:43 AM UTC-4, Eram super rectum (aka "John Gabriel") wrote:
> Find out why ...

Unfortunately, Troll Boy here seems to have dropped out of elementary school before they taught geometric series. See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geometric_series

0.333.... is a geometric series with initial term 0.3 and common ratio 0.1. So, we have 0.333... = 0.3 / (1 - 0.1) = 1/3

Even at his advanced age (60+?), John Gabriel is STILL struggling with basic, elementary-school arithmetic. As he has repeatedly posted here:

"There are no points on a line."
--April 12, 2021

"Pi is NOT a number of ANY kind!"
--July 10, 2020

"1/2 not equal to 2/4"
--October 22, 2017

“1/3 does NOT mean 1 divided by 3 and never has meant that”
-- February 8, 2015

"3 =< 4 is nonsense.”
--October 28, 2017

"Zero is not a number."
-- Dec. 2, 2019

"0 is not required at all in mathematics, just like negative numbers."
-- Jan. 4, 2017

“There is no such thing as an empty set.”
--Oct. 4, 2019

“3 <=> 2 + 1 or 3 <=> 8 - 5, etc, are all propositions” (actually all are meaningless gibberish)
--Oct. 22, 2019

No math genius our JG, though he actually lists his job title as “mathematician” at Linkedin.com. Apparently, they do not verify your credentials.

Though really quite disturbing, interested readers should see: “About the spamming troll John Gabriel in his own words...” (lasted updated March 10, 2020) at https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/sci.math/PcpAzX5pDeY/1PDiSlK_BwAJ

Dan

Visit my Math Blog a http://www.dcproof.wordpress.com

Eram semper recta

Apr 18, 2021, 9:51:43 AM4/18/21
Notice that the chief troll is on top of this comment with its incessant spamming.

Note also that the troll never attempts to refute anything because it has no refutation. It can only spew out lies, libel and misleading claims.

mitchr...@gmail.com

Apr 18, 2021, 1:14:18 PM4/18/21
The 1/3 fraction is a division... as all fractions are.
.333 is another representation. They demonstrate
they share a difference that is infinitely close.

Eram semper recta

Apr 18, 2021, 5:03:41 PM4/18/21
On Sunday, 18 April 2021 at 13:14:18 UTC-4, mitchr...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Sunday, April 18, 2021 at 6:51:43 AM UTC-7, Eram semper recta wrote:
> > On Sunday, 18 April 2021 at 07:11:43 UTC-4, Eram semper recta wrote:
> > > Find out why here:
> > >
> > > https://drive.google.com/file/d/12oUJAfIMFMcXFb8DvgsYxuPfdaB99XYH
> > >
> > > Comments will most likely be ignored.
> > Notice that the chief troll is on top of this comment with its incessant spamming.
> >
> > Note also that the troll never attempts to refute anything because it has no refutation. It can only spew out lies, libel and misleading claims.
> The 1/3 fraction is a division... as all fractions are.

No stupid one. Fractions are not division because division is an ARITHMETIC OPERATION and a fraction is a NUMBER. Get it moron? You are too stupid to be reading my posts.

Go away!

<drivel>

mitchr...@gmail.com

Apr 18, 2021, 6:31:48 PM4/18/21
Fractions are the same as ratios. They both are divisions.

Mitchell Raemsch

Michael Moroney

Apr 18, 2021, 7:43:36 PM4/18/21
On 4/18/2021 6:31 PM, mitchr...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Sunday, April 18, 2021 at 2:03:41 PM UTC-7, Eram semper recta wrote:

K0Okfight!!

Chris M. Thomasson

Apr 18, 2021, 7:58:31 PM4/18/21
wow!

Sergio

Apr 18, 2021, 8:31:16 PM4/18/21
I'm putting $1 on Mitch

zelos...@gmail.com

Apr 19, 2021, 12:44:49 AM4/19/21
By definition, a crank must be AGAINST the standard knowledge, Standard knowledge is 1/3=0.333..., ergo, that is not a condition for crankery. Your denial of this however, is indicative of YOU being a crank.

FromTheRafters

Apr 19, 2021, 7:06:13 AM4/19/21
Sergio laid this down on his screen :
I'd like to place bets on Mitch for minus two dollars and on JG for the
squareroot of two dollars.

Eram semper recta

Apr 19, 2021, 7:39:11 AM4/19/21
By definition, a crank is one who posts vacuous comments like you do all the time.

zelos...@gmail.com

Apr 19, 2021, 7:59:53 AM4/19/21
Nope!

"Crank is a pejorative term used for a person who holds an unshakable belief that most of their contemporaries consider to be false.[1]"

I don't hold such beilefs, you however do :)

mitchr...@gmail.com

Apr 19, 2021, 2:27:13 PM4/19/21
.333 and 1/3 are not the same quantity as .9 repeating and one are not...

Mitchell Raemsch

FromTheRafters

Apr 19, 2021, 2:33:20 PM4/19/21
mitchr...@gmail.com explained on 4/19/2021 :
True. Three hundred and thirty three thousandths does not equal one
third.

> as .9 repeating and one are not...

False, these are equal quantities.

Eram semper recta

Apr 19, 2021, 3:25:37 PM4/19/21
You are still a crank because in today's mainstream community, most of your contemporaries hold unshakable beliefs such as "infinity" and 1/3 = 0.333..., both which are provably ludicrous.

The definition does not apply to me, because I do not consider anyone in the mainstream academic my contemporary. Ironically, most of them are still living in the dark ages. Chuckle.

Zelos Malum, you are a confirmed crank. Make no mistake about this! Lol.

mitchr...@gmail.com

Apr 19, 2021, 6:13:54 PM4/19/21
Both are not absolutely equal. There is a second equality
math has yet to consider.

Mitchell Raemsch

Chris M. Thomasson

Apr 19, 2021, 7:11:42 PM4/19/21
LOL!!!

zelos...@gmail.com

Apr 20, 2021, 1:05:51 AM4/20/21
Incorrect, 0.333...=1/3, 0.999...=1, 100% so, get over it.

zelos...@gmail.com

Apr 20, 2021, 1:07:28 AM4/20/21
Our contemporaries agree with me Gabriel, not you, that means you're the crank, not me :)

Wether or not you think they are contemporaries or not is irrelevant, they are wether you want them too or not :)

So again, by definition, you are the crank and not me. I cannot be. You are trying to say that 3 is an even number essentially.

Eram semper recta

Apr 20, 2021, 7:52:14 AM4/20/21
Of course it's relevant. They are your contemporaries because they live in the dark ages with YOU! I do not live in the bubble called the BIG STUPID. But you do!

> So again, by definition, you are the crank and not me. I cannot be.

Well, you can fool yourself into believing many things, but this does not make them true. The majority do not get to decide what is correct knowledge. For this, only facts, logic and sound reasoning count.

> You are trying to say that 3 is an even number essentially.

Now in addition to being a crank, you are also a stupid troll because I have never made such a stupid claim. Look up "strawman argument" you pathetic crank!

1/3 has NO MEASURE in base 10 and therefore whatever is 0.333..., it cannot be equal to 1/3. Period. In real mathematics we do not talk about bullshit such as infinity and axioms.