Mind Model: Input/Output Generator. Dimen. Thry. App.

Zim Olson

Apr 23, 2001, 7:53:43 PM4/23/01
I find the discussion on Dimension Theory interesting, But I have been
wondering on the applicability of all this Dimension Theory talk.

And I think I may have an application of possible interest. First
establishing a valid model of life intelligence by creating a
mathematical input/output synthesizer/generator. Then plotting this
mathematical mind's course in response to different types of covering
dimensions, normal dimensions, finite, open, inductive, paracompact,
pseudo metrizable and so on.

Tweaking the input/output synthesizer/generator and its response to
different dimensional coverings could give people insight to possible
future development of intellectual pursuits, or not so possible future
pursuits.

Zim Olson

Dave L. Renfro

Apr 25, 2001, 7:33:21 AM4/25/01
Zim Olson <zimo...@earthlink.net>
[sci.math 23 Apr 01 19:44:02 -0400 (EDT)]
<http://forum.swarthmore.edu/epigone/sci.math/paxflorthan>

wrote

I'm surprised you haven't mentioned Kurt Lewin's work yet. He's
fairly well known in psychology, although his book on topological
psychology wasn't received very well.

Kurt Lewin, PRINCIPLES OF TOPOLOGICAL PSYCHOLOGY, 1936 (reprinted
by McGraw-Hill in 1966), 231 pages.

Rebecca Adams, "Kurt Lewin’s application of topology to
psychology", Proceedings of the Canadian Society for the
History and Philosophy of Mathematics 11 (1998), 69-76.

You might find it useful to do a search using the key words

topology psychology Lewin

at <http://www.google.com/>. Here's a sample of what I found:

Barry Smith, "Topological Foundations of Cognitive Science".
A 15 page essay that is a revised version of the introductory essay
in C. Eschenbach, C. Habel and B. Smith (eds.), TOPOLOGICAL
FOUNDATIONS OF COGNITIVE SCIENCE, Hamburg, Graduiertenkolleg
Kognitionswissenschaft, 1994.
<http://wings.buffalo.edu/philosophy/faculty/smith/articles/topo.html>

See "Topology and Vectors: Lewin's Field Theory" in Chapter 4 of
Christian Balkenius, NATURAL INTELLIGENCE IN ARTIFICIAL CREATURES",
Lund University Cognitive Studies 37, 1995.
<http://www.lucs.lu.se/People/Christian.Balkenius/Thesis/Chapter04.html>

MAT 1933: Honors Freshman Seminar in Mathematics: “Topology and
Psychology” [An Honors College course at Florida Atlantic University]
<http://www.fau.edu/divdept/honcol/catalog_science.html>

'topological psychology' entry from Arthur S. Reber's "The Penguin
Dictionary of Psychology", 1995
<http://www.xrefer.com/entry/157352>

Dave L. Renfro

Zim Olson

Apr 26, 2001, 10:59:43 PM4/26/01
wrote

topology psychology Lewin

Dave L. Renfro

Zim here: Topology or Normal Spaces as in "Time and Space" are used to
explore more things than should be allowed. I was wanting to see how
mind models as represented by mathematical input/out
synthesizer/generators would respond to other types of spaces; As
suggeseted in Pears "Dimension Theory and General Spaces", etc.

Thanks for references, I will look into them later when I have time. I
will take any help I can get.

Zim Olson