Facebook labels black men 'primates'

flaviaR

Sep 4, 2021, 11:35:49 PM9/4/21
Sadly for lefties, technology is not 'woke'. The computer software is
accurate.

https://www.france24.com/en/live-news/20210904-facebook-mistakenly-labels-black-men-primates

San Francisco (AFP)

Facebook on Friday said it disabled its topic recommendation feature
after it mistook black men for "primates" in video at the social
network.

A Facebook spokesperson called it a "clearly unacceptable error" and
said the recommendation software involve was taken offline.

"We apologize to anyone who may have seen these offensive
recommendations," Facebook said in response to an AFP inquiry.

"We disabled the entire topic recommendation feature as soon as we
realized this was happening so we could investigate the cause and
prevent this from happening again."

Facial recognition software has been blasted by civil rights advocates
who point out problems with accuracy, particularly it comes to people
who are not White.

Facebook users in recent days who watched a British tabloid video
featuring black men were show an auto-generated prompt asking if they
would like to "keep seeing videos about Primates," according to the
New York Times.

The June 2020 video in question, posted by the Daily Mail, is titled
"White man calls cops on black men at marina."

While humans are among the many species in the primate family, the
video had nothing to do with monkeys, chimpanzees or gorillas.

A screen capture of the recommendation was shared on Twitter by former
Facebook content design manager Darci Groves.

"This 'keep seeing' prompt is unacceptable," Groves tweeted, aiming
the message at former colleagues at Facebook.

"This is egregious."

© 2021 AFP

Serg io

Sep 5, 2021, 12:35:14 AM9/5/21
Facebook AI also labeled JG's Math as Baboon Math

jth...@gmail.com

Sep 5, 2021, 7:54:31 AM9/5/21
flaviaR wrote

> Sadly for lefties, technology is not 'woke'. The computer software is
> accurate.

Trump always claimed that negroes were inferior too, until that fateful day
when they stole the election from him.

Byker

Sep 5, 2021, 1:07:55 PM9/5/21
wrote in message news:sh2b5d$2lk$1...@news.dns-netz.com...

flaviaR wrote

>> Sadly for lefties, technology is not 'woke'. The computer software is
>> accurate.

Homo Africanus hasn't changed much in the last million years:
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/b9/f2/3d/b9f23d658b7caed0772308e7ad4a8fef.jpg

> Trump always claimed that negroes were inferior too, until that fateful
> day when they stole the election from him.

Don't forget Tricky Dickie:
RICHARD NIXON: BLACKS LIVE LIKE DOGS, MEXICANS STEAL, GAYS ARE ENEMIES

ASSOCIATED PRESS

Blacks live like dogs, Mexicans are dishonest, and gays are among
the enemies of a strong society. And the last six Roman emperors
were "fags." Those are some of the more bizarre musings of
President Richard M. Nixon in the 445 hours of tape recordings
recently released by the National Archives.

The 1971 tapes have been of historical interest but also
embarrassing to the Nixon family, which fought to keep private a
large portion of the recordings. A further analysis of the tapes by
the Chicago Tribune may give an indication why.

In an Oval Office discussion about welfare reform with top aides H.
R. Haldeman and John D. Ehrlichman, Nixon is heard lamenting that
the country will have "more of these little Negro bastards on the
welfare rolls.. . . Work, work, throw 'em off the rolls. That's the
key."

Nixon - whose presidency included support for affirmative action
and naming an African American to a cabinet post - then says he has
"the greatest affection for" African Americans, but "they're not
going to make it for 500 years."

Then he turns to Mexicans.

"The Mexicans are a different cup of tea," the president says.
"They have a heritage. At the present time they steal, they're
dishonest. They do have some concept of family life, they don't
live like a bunch of dogs, which the Negroes do live like."

The conversation then turns to gays in general.

"I don't mind the homosexuality, I understand it," Nixon says.
"Nevertheless. . .I don't think you glorify it on public television."

Nixon goes on to say that homosexuality destroyed the Greeks. "Sure,
Aristotle was a homo, we all know that; so was Socrates," the
president can be heard saying on the tape.

"But he never had the influence television had," Ehrlichman says,
apparently referring to Socrates.

Nixon continues, saying the "last six Roman emperors were fags.. . .
You know what happened to the Popes? They [had sex with] the nuns,
that's been going on for years, centuries. But the Catholic church
went to hell three or four centuries ago. It was homosexual, and it
had to be cleaned out. That's what's happened to Britain, it
happened earlier to France."

He then says that strong societies such as Russia "root 'em out.
They don't let 'em around at all."

"Homosexuality, dope, immorality are the enemies of strong
societies," Nixon says. "That's why the Communists and left-wingers
are clinging to one another. They're trying to destroy us."

http://www.phillynews.com/inquirer/99/Nov/11/national/DICK11.htm (dead link)

markus...@gmail.com

Sep 5, 2021, 5:44:33 PM9/5/21
Technically correct, humans are primates.

Chris M. Thomasson

Sep 5, 2021, 6:29:37 PM9/5/21
He did? Biden called Obama a clean one:

https://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/01/31/biden.obama/

And Harry Reid said he did not speak with a quote "negro dialect",
whatever that means:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/01/09/obama.reid/index.html

wow! Hard core racists.

zelos...@gmail.com

Sep 6, 2021, 1:19:39 AM9/6/21
söndag 5 september 2021 kl. 05:35:49 UTC+2 skrev flaviaR:
.....humans are primates.

jth...@gmail.com

Sep 6, 2021, 1:01:19 PM9/6/21
flaviaR wrote

> Sadly for lefties, technology is not 'woke'. The computer software is
> accurate.

Serg io

Sep 6, 2021, 1:05:36 PM9/6/21
Biden also called Obama

"I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright..."

so Biden thinks that all the other mainstream African-Americans are inarticulate and stupid...

Chris M. Thomasson

Sep 6, 2021, 3:44:31 PM9/6/21
It sure seems so. Afaict, Biden actually is a hardcore racist piece of crap.

Chris M. Thomasson

Sep 6, 2021, 3:45:37 PM9/6/21
When did he claim this?

jth...@gmail.com

Sep 12, 2021, 4:55:52 PM9/12/21
flaviaR wrote

> Sadly for lefties, technology is not 'woke'. The computer software is
> accurate.

jth...@gmail.com

Sep 12, 2021, 5:32:51 PM9/12/21
flaviaR wrote

> Sadly for lefties, technology is not 'woke'. The computer software is
> accurate.

Byker

Sep 13, 2021, 1:06:09 PM9/13/21
wrote in message news:shlpgf$mso$7...@news.dns-netz.com...

> Trump always claimed that negroes were inferior

So did Tricky Dickie:

flaviaR

Sep 13, 2021, 1:46:10 PM9/13/21
Both Nixon and Trump were right. It's an insult to apes to be compared
to niggers.

jth...@gmail.com

Oct 30, 2021, 2:46:37 PM10/30/21
flaviaR wrote

> Sadly for lefties, technology is not 'woke'. The computer software is
> accurate.

jth...@gmail.com

Nov 8, 2021, 3:56:46 PM11/8/21
flaviaR wrote

> Sadly for lefties, technology is not 'woke'. The computer software is
> accurate.

jth...@gmail.com

Nov 27, 2021, 11:29:17 PM11/27/21
flaviaR wrote

> Sadly for lefties, technology is not 'woke'. The computer software is
> accurate.

jth...@gmail.com

Nov 29, 2021, 4:29:08 PM11/29/21
flaviaR wrote

> Sadly for lefties, technology is not 'woke'. The computer software is
> accurate.

jth...@gmail.com

Dec 5, 2021, 10:37:16 AM12/5/21
flaviaR wrote

> Sadly for lefties, technology is not 'woke'. The computer software is
> accurate.

jth...@gmail.com

Jan 10, 2022, 5:54:43 PM1/10/22
flaviaR wrote

> Sadly for lefties, technology is not 'woke'. The computer software is
> accurate.

jth...@gmail.com

Jan 25, 2022, 5:24:46 PM1/25/22
flaviaR wrote