There is no unit in geometry, only in algebra.

Eram semper recta

Apr 18, 2021, 9:47:12 PM4/18/21
You cannot construct a geometric object any more than you can "construct" a point, line, circle, etc because neither a position nor a distance is constructible.

We realise distances (NOT numbers) such as sqrt2 from the diagonal of a square by ATTEMPTING to measure the diagonal using one of the sides. Any square is a SYMPTOM (a sign) of the distance sqrt2. No such distance is possible in geometry because there is no ideal unit in geometry. The rational number approximation 1.414 is obtained by using the ABSTRACT UNIT whose size is IRRELEVANT.

In algebra, numbers are DIMENSIONLESS because they are ALL derived from the ABSTRACT UNIT.

These things are not hard to understand if you study my fine article:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hasWyQCZyRN3RkdvIB6bnGIVV2Rabz8w

Your comments are drivel and will probably be ignored.

Dan Christensen

Apr 18, 2021, 10:18:49 PM4/18/21
On Sunday, April 18, 2021 at 9:47:12 PM UTC-4, Eram super rectum (aka "John Gabriel") wrote:
> You cannot construct a geometric object any more than you can "construct" a point, line, circle, etc because neither a position nor a distance is constructible.

And the idiocies just keep on coming!!!

Even at his advanced age (60+?), John Gabriel is STILL struggling with basic, elementary-school arithmetic. As he has repeatedly posted here:

"There are no points on a line."
--April 12, 2021

"Pi is NOT a number of ANY kind!"
--July 10, 2020

"1/2 not equal to 2/4"
--October 22, 2017

“1/3 does NOT mean 1 divided by 3 and never has meant that”
-- February 8, 2015

"3 =< 4 is nonsense.”
--October 28, 2017

"Zero is not a number."
-- Dec. 2, 2019

"0 is not required at all in mathematics, just like negative numbers."
-- Jan. 4, 2017

“There is no such thing as an empty set.”
--Oct. 4, 2019

“3 <=> 2 + 1 or 3 <=> 8 - 5, etc, are all propositions” (actually all are meaningless gibberish)
--Oct. 22, 2019

No math genius our JG, though he actually lists his job title as “mathematician” at Linkedin.com. Apparently, they do not verify your credentials.

Though really quite disturbing, interested readers should see: “About the spamming troll John Gabriel in his own words...” (lasted updated March 10, 2020) at https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/sci.math/PcpAzX5pDeY/1PDiSlK_BwAJ

Dan

Visit my Math Blog a http://www.dcproof.wordpress.com

Chris M. Thomasson

Apr 19, 2021, 12:13:00 AM4/19/21
Wow!

zelos...@gmail.com

Apr 19, 2021, 12:44:00 AM4/19/21
sqrt(2) is a number, it just isn't rational.

Eram semper recta

Apr 19, 2021, 7:52:34 AM4/19/21
To say something like "I will construct a distance" is not only stupid, but grammatically incorrect because a distance is an intangible idea that cannot be <<constructed>>.

Orangutans in the mainstream struggle a lot with mathematics because also their language skills are extremely poor.

distance: an amount of space between two things or people.

Imagine constructing "space" which is "nothing". Chuckle.

Eram semper recta

Apr 19, 2021, 7:58:14 AM4/19/21
On Sunday, 18 April 2021 at 21:47:12 UTC-4, Eram semper recta wrote:
In this video by an Australian professor, she claims there is no ideal unit in geometry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Lm9EHhbJAY

However, she is not intelligent enough to realise that Euclid didn't have a problem because Euclid knew these facts. Poor woman also did not realise that in algebra that which is used is the abstract unit whose size is irrelevant.

A number is a name given to a measure that describes a magnitude or size.

Eram semper recta

Apr 19, 2021, 8:04:03 AM4/19/21
This same ignorant professor makes some really stupid claims in this video:

https://youtu.be/SL2lYcggGpc

What a load of nonsense! First of all, Euclid never used a ruler or compass. None of the words ruler, compass or geometry are even found in the Elements.

She claimed that Euclid couldn't trisect an angle, but this is outright false because Hippias trisected any angle long before Euclid.

This same woman presented another ridiculous video called "Euclid's Big Problem" which is laughable because she doesn't realise that whilst in geometry there is no ideal unit, the story in algebra is very different, ie, ONLY the abstract unit is used in algebra and its size is irrelevant.

My article explains how to derive the most important concept in mathematics - that of number:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hasWyQCZyRN3RkdvIB6bnGIVV2Rabz8w

mitchr...@gmail.com

Apr 19, 2021, 1:35:49 PM4/19/21
The infinitely small fundamental is for building geometry magnitude.

Mitchell Raemsch

konyberg

Apr 19, 2021, 2:11:44 PM4/19/21
Ok.
But what you miss is that most of buildings, bridges, roads and anything constructed is made using geometry to build models of them, befor making them. And here is a quiz for you: Build a straight road 100 miles long. What geometric figure should it look like and why?
KON

mitchr...@gmail.com

Apr 19, 2021, 2:15:44 PM4/19/21
Everything is infrastructure...

konyberg

Apr 19, 2021, 2:45:08 PM4/19/21
mandag 19. april 2021 kl. 14:04:03 UTC+2 skrev Eram semper recta:
You are really something. You have said that none can construct a circle, line, rectangle and so on. Because the necessary geometrical means are not there. A point, line etc. doesn't exist in our real world. Ideally, they don't, but as images of our ideal mathematical world, they do! (And I think geographers will have something to say :))

And Hippias. You have said that only certain angles exists. Haven't you? How many angles do you think Hippias had in his mind?
KON

Sergio

Apr 19, 2021, 3:05:16 PM4/19/21
well there is also ultrastructure, nanostructure, outterstructure,
exostructure, zombiestructure, roymastersstructure... etc the list
goes on and on

Sergio

Apr 19, 2021, 3:06:18 PM4/19/21
yea, Hippias was working an angle on it...

Eram semper recta

Apr 19, 2021, 3:17:10 PM4/19/21
No stupid. I do not miss anything. Of course geometry is used but it doesn't change the fact that you cannot construct a <<distance>>. A road is NOT a distance, dumbo! A road has a distance as one of its attributes.

> And here is a quiz for you: Build a straight road 100 miles long. What geometric figure should it look like and why?

None that I can think of. A straight line IS the shortest distance between two points, idiot!

> You are really something. You have said that none can construct a circle, line, rectangle and so on. Because the necessary geometrical means are not there.

No. It has nothing to do with "geometrical means" whatever nonsense that means to you. The elements of geometry do not require ruler or compass or any other tools.

> A point, line etc. doesn't exist in our real world.

Right!

> Ideally, they don't, but as images of our ideal mathematical world, they do! (And I think geographers will have something to say :))

Yes, this is correct. So when you draw _____, you mean the SHORTEST distance between two points. A road is NOT a line.

And Hippias. You have said that only certain angles exists. Haven't you?

No. I have said that ALL angles exist, but most have no measure.

> How many angles do you think Hippias had in his mind?

I made this video some years ago but because of morons like you, I decided not to share any more information:

https://youtu.be/ltKHED5kcUk