Re: Concise refutation of halting problem proofs V52 [ Ignorant or Dishonest ]

olcott

Jan 22, 2022, 12:21:04 PM1/22/22
On 1/22/2022 11:13 AM, Richard Damon wrote:
> On 1/22/22 11:47 AM, olcott wrote:

>>> The problem is that any H that aborts after a finite number of steps,
>>> gives the wrong answer because it only looked to see if the input
>>> doesn't halt at some specific finite number.
>>
>> OK IGNORANT it is. When there exists no finite (or infinite) number of
>> steps such that the simulated input to embedded_H reaches its final
>> state then we know that this simulated input does not halt.
>
> And the only case when that happens is when H does not abort its
> simulation,

WRONG !!! That happens in every possible case. The simulated input to
embedded_H cannot possibly ever reach its final state NO MATTER WHAT !!!

Halting problem undecidability and infinitely nested simulation (V3)

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/358009319_Halting_problem_undecidability_and_infinitely_nested_simulation_V3

--
Copyright 2021 Pete Olcott

Talent hits a target no one else can hit;
Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer