Call For Papers: Applied Computing, Computer Science and Eng. Conferences, June 26-29, 2006, USA--WORLDCOMP'06

A. M. G. Solo

Feb 24, 2006, 10:15:48 AM2/24/06
From: Prof. H. R. Arabnia

Call For Papers

WORLDCOMP'06
The 2006 World Congress in Computer Science,
Computer Engineering, and Applied Computing
(composed of 28 Joint Conferences)
June 26-29, 2006, Las Vegas, USA
http://www.world-academy-of-science.org/worldcomp06/ws

This is anticipated to be the largest annual gathering of researchers
in computer science, computer engineering and applied computing.
Featured events include: keynote by Prof. Barry Vercoe (founding
member of MIT Media Lab); tutorial by Prof. H. J. Siegel (Director,
Colorado State University, ISTeC Center); discussion session with
Jim Gettys (primary developer of X Window System, xhost, ...) and
others.

You are invited to submit a paper for consideration (refer to the
submission information below.) All accepted papers will be published
in the respective conference proceedings (proceedings will be sent to
DBLP, Ei, Thomson Scientific, IEE INSPEC, DoPP, and others, for
indexing procedures.)

The 2006 World Congress in Computer Science, Computer Engineering,
and Applied Computing (WORLDCOMP'06) is composed of the following
28 conferences (all will be held simultaneously, same location
and dates: June 26-29, 2006, USA).

o The 2006 International Conference on Parallel and Distributed
Processing Techniques and Applications (PDPTA'06)

o The 2006 International Conference on Scientific Computing (CSC'06)

o The 2006 International Conference on Grid Computing and
Applications (GCA'06)

o The 2006 International Conference on Security and Management (SAM'06)

o The 2006 International Conference on Artificial Intelligence
(ICAI'06)

o The 2006 International Conference on Machine Learning; Models,
Technologies and Applications (MLMTA'06)

o The 2006 International Conference on Software Engineering
Research and Practice (SERP'06)

o The 2006 International Conference on Programming Languages and
Compilers (PLC'06)

o The 2006 International Conference on Internet Computing (ICOMP'06)

o The 2006 International Conference on Semantic Web and Web Services
(SWWS'06)

o The 2006 International Conference on Computer Design (CDES'06)

o The 2006 International Conference on Real-Time Computing
Systems and Applications (RTCOMP'06)

o The 2006 International Conference on Embedded Systems and
Applications (ESA'06)

o The 2006 International Conference on Wireless Networks (ICWN'06)

o The 2006 International Conference on Pervasive Systems and
Computing (PSC'06)

o The 2006 International Conference on Image Processing, Computer
Vision, and Pattern Recognition (IPCV'06)

o The 2006 International Conference on Computer Graphics and Virtual
Reality (CGVR'06)

o The 2006 International Conference on Modeling, Simulation and
Visualization Methods (MSV'06)

o The 2006 International Conference on Computer Games Development
(CGD'06)

o The 2006 International Conference on Frontiers in Education:
Computer Science and Computer Engineering (FECS'06)

o The 2006 International Conference on Foundations of Computer
Science (FCS'06)

o The 2006 International Conference on e-Learning, e-Business,
Enterprise Information Systems, e-Government, and Outsourcing
(EEE'06)

o The 2006 International Conference on Data Mining (DMIN'06)

o The 2006 International Conference on Information and Knowledge
Engineering (IKE'06)

o The 2006 International Conference on Bioinformatics and
Computational Biology (BIOCOMP'06)

o The 2006 International Conference on Computing in Nanotechnology
(CNAN'06)

o The 2006 International Conference on Engineering of Reconfigurable
Systems and Algorithms (ERSA'06)

o The 2006 International Conference on Communications in Computing
(CIC'6)

(a link to each conference's URL can be found at
http://www.world-academy-of-science.org/worldcomp06/ws
currently under construction.)

General Chair/Coordinator:

H. R. Arabnia, PhD
The University of Georgia
Department of Computer Science
415 Graduate Studies Research Center
Athens, Georgia 30602-7404, USA

Tel: (706) 542-3480
Fax: (706) 542-2966
E-mail: h...@cs.uga.edu

Purpose / History:

This set of joint conferences is the largest annual gathering of
researchers in computer science, computer engineering and
applied computing. Many of the 28 joint conferences in WORLDCOMP
are the premier conferences for presentation of advances in their
respective fields.
The motivation is to assemble a spectrum of affiliated research
conferences into a coordinated research meeting held in a common
place at a common time. The main goal is to provide a forum for
exchange of ideas in a number of research areas that interact.
The model used to form these annual conferences facilitates
communication among researchers in different fields of computer
science, computer engineering and applied computing. Both inward
research (core areas of computer science and engineering) and
outward research (multi-disciplinary, inter-disciplinary, and
applications) will be covered during the conferences.

Submission of Papers:

Prospective authors are invited to submit their draft paper (about
5 to 8 pages - single space, font size of 10 to 12) to
H. R. Arabnia by Feb. 20, 2006. email submissions in MS document
or PDF formats are preferable (Fax or postal submissions are also
fine.) All reasonable typesetting formats are acceptable (later,
the authors of accepted papers will be asked to follow a
particular typesetting format to prepare their papers for
publication.)

The length of the Camera-Ready papers (if accepted) will be limited
to 7 (IEEE style) pages. Papers must not have been previously
published or currently submitted for publication elsewhere. The
first page of the draft paper should include: title of the paper,
name, affiliation, postal address, email address, telephone number,
and Fax number for each author. The first page should also include
the name of the author who will be presenting the paper (if
accepted)
and a maximum of 5 keywords. Also, the name of the conference that
the paper is being submitted to must be mentioned on the first page.

Papers will be evaluated for originality, significance, clarity, and
soundness. Each paper will be refereed by two researchers in field.
The Camera-Ready papers will be reviewed by one person.

Members of Program and Organizing Committees:

The Program Committee includes members of chapters of World Academy
of Science (chapters: supercomputing; scientific computing;
artificial intelligence; imaging science; databases; simulation;
software engineering; embedded systems; internet and web
technologies; communications; computer security; and
bioinformatics.)
Those interested in joining the Program Committee should email
H. R. Arabnia (h...@cs.uga.edu) the following information: Name,
affiliation and position, complete mailing address, email address,
tel/fax numbers, a short biography together with research interests
and the name of the conference offering to help with.

Location of Conferences:

The conferences will be held in the Monte Carlo Resort hotel,
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA (with any overflows at other near-by hotels).
The Monte Carlo Resort is a mega hotel with excellent conference
facilities and over 3,000 rooms. The hotel is minutes from the
airport with 24-hour shuttle service to and from the airport.
This hotel has many recreational attractions, including: waterfalls,
spa, pools and kiddie pools, sunning decks, Easy River water ride,
wave pool with cascades, lighted tennis courts, health spa (with
workout equipment, whirlpool, sauna, ...), arcade virtual reality
game rooms, nightly shows, snack bars, a number of restaurants,
shopping area, bars, ... Many of these attractions are open 24
hours a day and most are suitable for families and children. The
negotiated room rate for conference attendees is very reasonable.
The hotel is within walking distance from most other attractions
(major shopping areas, recreational destinations, fine dining,
street shows, ...)

Important Dates:

March 6, 2006: (Extended deadline) Submission of papers (about 5
to 8 pages)
March 20, 2006: Notification of acceptance
April 20, 2006: Camera-Ready papers and Prereg. due
June 26-29, 2006: The 2006 World Congress in Computer Science,
Computer Engineering, and Applied Computing
(WORLDCOMP'06 - 28 joint conferences)

Topical Scope For Each Conference:

To receive the complete list of topics for each of the
28 conferences, send an email to h...@cs.uga.edu.

Future Announcements:

If you do not wish to receive future announcements about this
event, please send an email to h...@cs.uga.edu.

clarenc...@hotmail.com

Mar 2, 2006, 12:12:05 AM3/2/06
This conference looks suspicious. How can one manage so many
conferences at once?

Since the automated paper generator was in the news last year, some
conferences are discovered and identified as "fake conferences". Check
out http://fakeconferences.org/. Don't get fooled by conferences that
have no scientific value!

-- S

Richard J. Fateman

Mar 2, 2006, 6:06:24 PM3/2/06
to clarenc...@hotmail.com

clarenc...@hotmail.com wrote:
> This conference looks suspicious. How can one manage so many
> conferences at once?

I think that one answer is to accept most, if not all, papers, charge
high registration fees, and hope that the people who attend
don't care about the quality of the papers, as long as the food
is good.

A glance at the proceedings of past conferences suggests that
they are not taken seriously by people at "elite" computer science
departments. Note the almost total absence of authors from top-ranked
schools. They presumably know that their resume would be damaged by
publishing in these conferences.

Vladimir Bondarenko

Mar 5, 2006, 4:11:20 PM3/5/06

clarence_gra...@hotmail.com writes on Thu, Mar 2 2006 7:12 am

CG> This conference looks suspicious. How can one manage so
CG> many conferences at once?

By looking through one's fingers.

The human possibilities have some limits; this is a kind of
law, or at least, a reliable rule of thumb. Nobody can beat it.

The Magical Number Seven, Plus or Minus Two: Some Limits on Our
Capacity for Processing Information

by George A. Miller (originally published in The Psychological
Review, 1956, vol. 63, pp. 81-97)

http://www.well.com/~smalin/miller.html

GAM> I have just shown you that there is a span of absolute
GAM> judgment that can distinguish about seven categories and
GAM> that there is a span of attention that will encompass
GAM> about six objects at a glance.

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.math.symbolic/msg/739a2eb2ef30dee7

Richard J. Fateman writes on Fri, Mar 3 2006 1:06 am

RJF> I think that one answer is to accept most, if not all,
RJF> papers, charge high registration fees, and hope that
RJF> the people who attend don't care about the quality of
RJF> the papers, as long as the food is good.

Often, absence of professional critics ends in bad way.

Until recently, there was not a single professional publicly
available Maple review; now look what has happened to Maple.

http://maple.bug-list.org/maple-crisis.php

In part, because not a single human being can test software
efficiently; more detail in our beta 0.2.