Maplesoft announces it will start fighting the Maple bugs soon and very seriously

2 views
Skip to first unread message

Vladimir Bondarenko

unread,
Apr 1, 2008, 1:18:39 AM4/1/08
to
Today I received a letter from President and CEO of Maplesoft
C. James Cooper.

There he writes that he and all Maplesoft employees feel deep
gratitude for Cyber Tester and me personally for helping them
to identify the numerous bugs in Maple.

Mr. Cooper also invited me to visit Maplesoft as soon as I only
could claiming a grandiose one-year long banquet will be thrown
in honor of Cyber Tester trailblazing achievements.

According to Mr. Cooper, Maplesoft is going to test Maple very
seriously. To this purpose, Mr. Cooper states, Maplesoft plans
to spend all the money remaining after the banquet, if any.

quasi

unread,
Apr 1, 2008, 2:39:21 AM4/1/08
to
On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 22:18:39 -0700 (PDT), Vladimir Bondarenko
<v...@cybertester.com> wrote:

>Today I received a letter from President and CEO of Maplesoft
>C. James Cooper.

True, or jest?

>There he writes that he and all Maplesoft employees feel deep
>gratitude for Cyber Tester and me personally for helping them
>to identify the numerous bugs in Maple.

They should. They really should.

But in reality, they probably fear you more than love you. You and
your automatic CAS-piercing weapon.

>Mr. Cooper also invited me to visit Maplesoft as soon as I only
>could claiming a grandiose one-year long banquet will be thrown
>in honor of Cyber Tester trailblazing achievements.

Hehe.

>According to Mr. Cooper, Maplesoft is going to test Maple very
>seriously. To this purpose, Mr. Cooper states, Maplesoft plans
>to spend all the money remaining after the banquet, if any.

Haha.

quasi

Helmut Jarausch

unread,
Apr 1, 2008, 3:00:51 AM4/1/08
to Vladimir Bondarenko

Congratulations - the first April fool hoax today.

--
Helmut Jarausch

Lehrstuhl fuer Numerische Mathematik
RWTH - Aachen University
D 52056 Aachen, Germany

Vladimir Bondarenko

unread,
Apr 1, 2008, 3:23:55 AM4/1/08
to
On Apr 1, 9:00 am, Helmut Jarausch <jarau...@skynet.be> writes:

HJ> Congratulations - the first April fool hoax today.

Much thanks!

As you might have already guessed, it was me who got up, had a look
at new Maple bug catches generated by the VM machine overnight,
and, being in high spirites, whistling my fav tune ("Maple bugs are
ubuquitous") composed this letter ;)

Who had a belief, a big tasty cake for them ;-)

Vladimir Bondarenko

VM and GEMM architect
Co-founder, CEO, Mathematical Director

http://www.cybertester.com/ Cyber Tester, LLC
http://maple.bug-list.org/ Maple Bugs Encyclopaedia
http://www.CAS-testing.org/ CAS Testing

quasi

unread,
Apr 1, 2008, 4:32:32 AM4/1/08
to
On Tue, 1 Apr 2008 00:23:55 -0700 (PDT), Vladimir Bondarenko
<v...@cybertester.com> wrote:

>On Apr 1, 9:00 am, Helmut Jarausch <jarau...@skynet.be> writes:
>
>HJ> Congratulations - the first April fool hoax today.
>
>Much thanks!

I'll admit, I was partly fooled -- until you got to the part about the
banquet!

quasi

Ray Koopman

unread,
Apr 1, 2008, 3:37:30 AM4/1/08
to
On Apr 1, 12:23 am, Vladimir Bondarenko <v...@cybertester.com> wrote:
> On Apr 1, 9:00 am, Helmut Jarausch <jarau...@skynet.be> writes:
>
> HJ> Congratulations - the first April fool hoax today.
>
> Much thanks!

I await a press release announcing VB as the new VP for QA at WRI.

Vladimir Bondarenko

unread,
Apr 1, 2008, 3:45:16 AM4/1/08
to
On Apr 1, 9:37 am, Ray Koopman <koop...@sfu.ca> wrote:

RK> I await a press release announcing VB as the new VP for QA at WRI.

Oh... right now that I am reading your message, my desk phone started
buzzing.... I am in fear... what if I lift the receiver, and it would
turn out that it was r e a l l y a call from WRI ??!!

Dave

unread,
Apr 1, 2008, 6:56:01 AM4/1/08
to
Ray Koopman wrote:

> I await a press release announcing VB as the new VP for QA at WRI.

In all seriousness, perhaps if VB took a very different approach to how
he uses his skills, he might well have been able to the top of Quality
Assurance at Wolfram Research.

Far more likely, given his location, is WRI would employ him as a
consultant on a contract basis.

But he does himself no favors the way he acts on these newsgroups. The
sooner he realises this, and tries (perhaps too late) to correct his
ways, the better it will be for him.

Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages