Não é mais possível fazer postagens ou usar assinaturas novas da Usenet nos Grupos do Google. O conteúdo histórico continua disponível.

Reference request: APPLICATIONS of computer algebra

41 visualizações
Pular para a primeira mensagem não lida

David Stork

não lida,
4 de mar. de 2023, 14:06:5004/03/2023
para
For a class lecture, I'd like to present research results from science, technology, or mathematics that use large-scale simulations involving SYMBOLIC (not numerical) computations. One ideal case would involve a problem where a large number of coupled differential equations were solved analytically (again, not NUMERICALLY).

Citations would be greatly appreciated.

Nor am I (here) interested in research that increases the power or accuracy of computer algebra, such as the nice work on deep networks to enhance the scope and accuracy of symbolic integration or solving differential equations.

Thanks in advance.

Richard Fateman

não lida,
9 de abr. de 2023, 16:13:1009/04/2023
para
On Saturday, March 4, 2023 at 11:06:50 AM UTC-8, David Stork wrote:
> For a class lecture, I'd like to present research results from science, technology, or mathematics that use large-scale simulations involving SYMBOLIC (not numerical) computations. One ideal case would involve a problem where a large number of coupled differential equations were solved analytically (again, not NUMERICALLY).

Frankly, I would be surprised if anyone bothered to try such problems symbolically, give
the vast quantity and quality of work solving such problems ( which are
usually intractable symbolically.)

Here's an example that might appeal to you, though not of the "ideal case" you are hoping for.
https://people.eecs.berkeley.edu/~fateman/papers/vortex.pdf
which was published here:
R. J. Fateman, "Symbolic computation of turbulence and energy dissipation in the Taylor vortex model," Intl. J. Modern Physics C, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 509-525, May 1998.

> Citations would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Nor am I (here) interested in research that increases the power or accuracy of computer algebra, such as the nice work on deep networks to enhance the scope and accuracy of symbolic integration or solving differential equations.

I am aware of some activities using machine learning to do symbolic mathematics. While someone in
the ML community might characterize this work as "nice" from the computer algebra standpoint
the papers border on fraudulent.
RJF

> Thanks in advance.

Dr Huang (DrHuang.com)

não lida,
1 de out. de 2023, 18:32:0401/10/2023
para
May I suggest you try MathHandbook?
What is mathHandbook?
the Math Handbook Calculator has the function of machine learning. It is unique in the world to solve the function of any order (such as 0.5 order) differential equations. Enter mathematical formulas on the Mathematics Handbook website, click continuously to calculate calculus, solve equations, give analytical solutions and numerical solutions and diagrams, interactively zoom in the drawing, and zoom in with the mouse wheel. You can use it on your mobile phone to learn computing and development anytime, anywhere.

http://mathhand.com
http://mathhandbook.com
0 nova mensagem