MathStatica or something else?

Torben Hoffmann

Jan 26, 2004, 6:46:06 PM1/26/04

I have seen MathStatica in action on their web page and it seems rather
impressive - I was wondering which other tools handles symbolic math and
statistics on the same level?

Links to comparisons between the tools would be most welcome!

Thanks in advance
/Torben

--

P.S. The views expressed above are my own.
P.P.S. Remove dashes in mail address when replying.

beli...@aol.com

Jan 27, 2004, 12:37:43 PM1/27/04
"Torben Hoffmann" <Torben....@mo-to-ro-la.com> wrote in message news:<bv47i1$5d5$1...@avnika.corp.mot.com>...

> Hi,
>
> I have seen MathStatica in action on their web page and it seems rather
> impressive - I was wondering which other tools handles symbolic math and
> statistics on the same level?
>
> Links to comparisons between the tools would be most welcome!
>
> Thanks in advance
> /Torben

You could try Maple and the free program Maxima, a descendant Macsyma,
but I don't know how they compare to MathStatica.

I am interested in Mathstatica and have bought the book that
accompanies it, but I am not going to try it seriously until it is
compatible with Mathematica 5 (the most recent release of that
program). Just reading the book recently helped me answer a
colleague's question.