Dodging Holes in the Plane

William Elliot

Aug 28, 2017, 9:07:24 AM8/28/17

If the union of a countable pairwise disjoint collection of
bounded, simply connected open sets is removed from the real
plain, is the result path connected?

If the union of a countable pairwise disjoint collection of
simply connected compact sets with non-empty interior, is
removed from the real plain, is the result path connected?

---

Bill

Aug 28, 2017, 5:45:08 PM8/28/17
I don't know the answers, but I would see if I could use a tool like
the
function y=sin(1/x), to achieve a "negative" result.   "Fun" problem!
-Bill