#5 Plastic Recycling

Kirkster

Mar 19, 2022, 12:18:34 PM3/19/22
I have a lot of household plastic containers marked #5 that I want to recycle.
Only #1 and #2 items are recycled curbside here. I found a local business
that claims to recycle #5 but they won’t accept my items claiming that
household #5 items have many different chemistries and therefore are not
suitable for mixing with the #5 they process. Is there any truth to this.?
There are many businesses producing plastic parts in this area and the company
I spoke to caters to the scrap plastic that they produce. Common sense tells
me #5 is #5 no matter what form it’s in. Thanks for your input.

--
for full context, visit https://www.polytechforum.com/materials/5-plastic-recycling-10573-.htm