Where are Sandy Shaw and Durk Pearson now?

Hoffmann Yen-Wei Liu

Oct 26, 2003, 9:54:24 AM10/26/03
Hello,

As I went to lifeservices.com, Sandy and Durk's long-time partner, I found out
now it is redirected to ketofoods.com, dedicated to keto food. There are no
traces of S&D left any more.

My wild guess is their cooperation ended as LS tended to move to the more
lucrative keto market. But does anyone know what was really going on and where I
can find the past articles and newsletters of S&D ? Any news about them ?

Thanks for your attention.

ywliu

RArmant

Oct 26, 2003, 12:53:20 PM10/26/03

Russell.Beale

Oct 26, 2003, 3:32:38 PM10/26/03

Gene Haywood

Oct 27, 2003, 11:15:18 PM10/27/03
Saw a photo of Durk in a newspaper a few months back. These flashbulb
photos are never flattering but he looked like a 65 year old (probably
10 to 15 years older than his actual age) grossly obese man.

Russell.Beale

Oct 27, 2003, 11:46:54 PM10/27/03
"Gene Haywood" <geh...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Saw a photo of Durk in a newspaper a few months back. These flashbulb
> photos are never flattering but he looked like a 65 year old (probably
> 10 to 15 years older than his actual age) grossly obese man.

I see: for reasons which we can only guess at, you want us to think that
Pearson is between 50 and 55. In which case you will kindly explain to us
how he came to graduate *38 years ago*:

"Durk took a triple minor at MIT in physics, biology and psychology,
with a triple minor in electrical engineering, computer science, and
chemistry, graduating in 1965."
(http://www.nuvobody.com/pages/professionals/durk_sandy.aspx)

Was he really *12 years old* when this happened? Or maybe he'd reached
*17*?? Or is the truth simply that you are just another Usenet asshole
shooting your mouth off?

Russ.

Gene Haywood

Oct 28, 2003, 5:24:39 PM10/28/03
"Russell.Beale" <Russ...@nonespam.com> wrote in message news:<3xmnb.2603$sP5....@newsfep4-glfd.server.ntli.net>...
Sorry about the inaccurate guess as to his actual age, but no reason
for you to become another vicious flaming Usenet asshole yourself.
Point was, that for an anti-aging guru he should look in better shape
than that.

Russell.Beale

Oct 28, 2003, 7:14:54 PM10/28/03

> Point was, that for an anti-aging guru he should look in better shape
> than that.

More bullshit. Fact is, no-one can know *squat* about *what kind of shape
he'd be in otherwise*.

Russ.

R.Coyote

Oct 31, 2003, 6:32:11 PM10/31/03

You cannot accurately assess the results of a regimen upon a select few and
extrapolate this to the whole

We cannot know that they would in fact be in even WORSE shape had they not
been doing what they do.

When people estimate my age, I do not look "significantly" younger (However
I do somewhat, im 44 they usually guess early to mid thirties) than my
actual years, but in comparison to what my family members were at this age,
I do look significantly younger.

"Russell.Beale" <R...@nonespam.com> wrote in message

B-Ob1

Nov 1, 2003, 12:50:31 AM11/1/03
see below

"R.Coyote" wrote:

RUSS..you are SET in your theme so DIE in it! B-0b1

Joann Evans

Nov 1, 2003, 8:35:50 AM11/1/03

(sigh) So does anyone simply know his (and her) birthdate?

Understand, I own two of their books, myself....

--

You know what to remove, to reply....

Mike Leake

Nov 2, 2003, 7:17:33 PM11/2/03
"Joann Evans" <bon...@frontiernet.net> wrote in message

> "Russell.Beale" wrote:
> >
> > "Gene Haywood" <geh...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > >
> > > Point was, that for an anti-aging guru he should look in better shape
> > > than that.
> >
> > More bullshit. Fact is, no-one can know *squat* about *what kind of
shape
> > he'd be in otherwise*.
> >
> > Russ.
>
> (sigh) So does anyone simply know his (and her) birthdate?

Durk mentions being 37 in the book. I'm looking specifically at a comment on
page 220 in chapter 7: "Durk now has more hair than he did ten years ago
when he was 27." The book came out in 1982. So by adding 21 years to that,
we have a pretty good idea of his age being around 59 or so, depending upon
the lag time between the writing and the actual publication. From recent
photos I have seen, I'd say he currently does look his age--not older, not
younger. He appears to have saved his hair, however, though it is fully
gray. I have no idea if he's maintained favorable blood test results.

Mike Leake

Richard Steven Hack

Nov 3, 2003, 9:10:51 PM11/3/03
On Sun, 2 Nov 2003 17:17:33 -0700, "Mike Leake" <mal...@aol.com>
wrote:

>Durk mentions being 37 in the book. I'm looking specifically at a comment on
>page 220 in chapter 7: "Durk now has more hair than he did ten years ago
>when he was 27." The book came out in 1982. So by adding 21 years to that,
>we have a pretty good idea of his age being around 59 or so, depending upon
>the lag time between the writing and the actual publication. From recent
>photos I have seen, I'd say he currently does look his age--not older, not
>younger. He appears to have saved his hair, however, though it is fully
>gray. I have no idea if he's maintained favorable blood test results.

Durk graduated MIT in 1965, which would indicate he was at least
twenty at that time, even allowing for his brilliance.

According to an interview published in 1996, they were both fifty-two
at that time, which would make them fifty nine today.

The interview is here: http://www.levity.com/mavericks/p&s-int.htm

--
Richard Steven Hack
"Whatever does not kill me makes me stronger" -

carlotasa...@gmail.com

Dec 2, 2014, 9:48:53 PM12/2/14
Dirk was born in 1943. I happen to know both Durk and Sandy. Studied with them in the 80s. If you knew these two very humble kind persons you would not entertain all this negative babble. I have taken their super foods since the 80s and can testify to good health a sharp mind and energy that makes younger constituents marvel. Instead of running these two genuinely honest persons down try having an open mind. Try the WOW and Inner power. Get out from under the control of the AMA; FDA and prescription drugs and try pure nutrition. It will clear your befuddled minds. You might gain clarity and live a longer life.

John H. Gohde

Dec 3, 2014, 7:22:01 AM12/3/14
On Tuesday, December 2, 2014 9:48:53 PM UTC-5, carlotasa...@gmail.com wrote:
> Dirk was born in 1943. I happen to know both Durk and Sandy. Studied with them in the 80s. If you knew these two very humble kind persons you would not entertain all this negative babble. I have taken their super foods since the 80s and can testify to good health a sharp mind and energy that makes younger constituents marvel. Instead of running these two genuinely honest persons down try having an open mind. Try the WOW and Inner power. Get out from under the control of the AMA; FDA and prescription drugs and try pure nutrition. It will clear your befuddled minds. You might gain clarity and live a longer life.

They're just a bunch of capitalistic frauds, IMHO. Following their advice in their book nearly killed me.

Every bit of their advice was totally worthless, as far as I am concerned.

Plus, both of them look uglier than ever in the flesh, and that is no understatement.

http://www.life-enhancement.com/images/LEM1305DandS300.jpg

On or Close to Topic

Dec 3, 2014, 10:26:20 AM12/3/14
The man in the jpg looks to have BMI of 35 or worse IMHO.

Bert

Dec 5, 2014, 11:29:00 AM12/5/14
> They're just a bunch of capitalistic frauds, IMHO. Following their
> advice in their book nearly killed me. Every bit of their advice was
> totally worthless, as far as I am concerned. Plus, both of them look
> uglier than ever in the flesh, and that is no understatement.
> http://www.life-enhancement.com/images/LEM1305DandS300.jpg
In that picture, which one is the man, and which one is the woman?

nverb...@gmail.com

Oct 15, 2017, 10:40:26 AM10/15/17
Not sure why I cam across this but it did make me chuckle. Durk lived directly across the street from me in Manhattan beach up in the 'tree section',(he had two houses if memory serves) way, way, way back in the early 80s. He'd be outside in black leather shorts and squash-blossom belt hanging around in his backyard/driveway. I used to discuss with my partner how old Durk appeared considering his (then) age (under 40). We would also note that for a guy that wrote the book on 'Life Extension' he certainly didn't appear to be aging very well. I guess however that the operative point is that today, in 2017, he's still kicking it around at age 74 or so.

chp...@gmail.com

Mar 9, 2018, 2:29:15 PM3/9/18
Amazing how old some threads are getting. I would imagine this one is getting a few grey hairs. Ha. I have followed Durk & Sandy since the 80's. It has always seemed to me that they were both a little quirky even back then, as most scientist and engineers are. I don't think that they ever were the poster candidate for Muscle Magazine or Cosmo, and getting older isn't changing that, or their DNA. They both pioneered nutritional science, and fought a good fight against those that make money by keeping the sick uninformed. My hat is off to both of them and the amazing achievements they made in their professional carriers.

forp...@gmail.com

May 17, 2018, 6:07:42 PM5/17/18
I have had the exact opposite (that is very successful) results. It is important to let your doctor know whenever you are following a naturopathic regimine and have any needed tests performed to check important levels and always start with lower than recommended doses to ensure that you won't have bad reactions or incompatibilities. It is also risky to combine medications with nutraceuticals. Also bad reactions can be indicative of as yet undiagnosed underlying medical problems. Lastly, their advice was given in the early 80's reflecting work performed primarily in the 70's. It should be only used as a starting point for formulating treatment plans if they are to be used some 48 years later. I'm sorry that you were not pleased with the results you had. I have thanked heaven that I found their advice when I did.

costanti...@gmail.com

Jul 3, 2018, 10:49:33 PM7/3/18
Awesome answer. I was exposed to their products decades ago and still look for them online

yenw...@gmail.com

Aug 30, 2018, 9:33:52 PM8/30/18
On Wednesday, July 4, 2018 at 10:49:33 AM UTC+8, costanti...@gmail.com wrote:
> Awesome answer. I was exposed to their products decades ago and still look for them online

I started this thread about fifteen years ago and to my surprise I just found it is still kind of alive.

Last year, life-enhancement.com started to drop S&D's formulations gradually, citing "Management made that decision .... and we are being certified as organic" in answer to my inquiry.

I don't know how is S&D's relationship with LE, or if they are the management themselves. And life-enhancement.com seemed to have been stale since last year too. So far I haven't found any clues if S&D will switch to a different partner. It's hard to find replacement for some of their products.

ywliu

mpr...@lifepriority.com

Sep 1, 2018, 3:37:27 PM9/1/18

mpr...@lifepriority.com

Sep 1, 2018, 3:44:14 PM9/1/18
9/1/2018
I have known Durk Pearson and Sandy Shaw since 1991 when I met them at a health and wellness event.

I have been using Durk Pearson and Sandy Shaw supplements ever since.
There is nothing more important than investing in your health! We are honored to help support you in your quest for good health!

We believe that investing in your physical and mental health is the most important investment you can make. We appreciate the opportunity to serve your nutritional needs and make it our goal to treat your health as our priority.

My wife, Michelle and I started Life Priority in 1994 with the help and support of Durk Pearson and Sandy Shaw, research scientists, and co-authors of the bestselling book, Life Extension: A Practical Scientific Approach. Their 1.5 million copy bestseller was published in 1980 to inform doctors about the value of using certain nutrients to provide optimal health.

For the last 35 years, Durk and Sandy have been at the forefront of the nutritional research industry. Life Priority has joined with Durk and Sandy to support the legal effort (see www.emord.com) to protect the nutritional supplement industry from unnecessary government restrictions. Every order that you place helps to support this great cause.

I became a retail customer of the Pearson and Shaw Designer Food formulas in 1991. I simply wanted to feel better. Their formulas changed my life. I played professional baseball for 16 years with the original Washington Senators, Texas Rangers, New York Yankees, Chicago White Sox and the Kansas City Royals. I was lucky enough to be on the 1985 World Series Champion Royals. I feel as though I am on a world championship team every day with Life Priority and the expertise of Durk Pearson and Sandy Shaw.

Our commitment is to give you excellent service and the quality nutritional supplements you deserve. Along with the 9 different Pearson and Shaw formulas, we also offer Joint Decision (Glucosamine HCI),Total Joint Complex, Omega3 Priority (Omega 3 Fatty Acid) and PS Priority.

Our customer list is proprietary information and is not shared with anyone. Call me personally if there is anything about our products or service that I can make better.

Thanks for allowing us to share the World Series winning products at Life Priority!

To Your Health!
Live Long and Prosper--

Greg & Michelle Pryor, Owners
The Team at Life Priority Health and Nutrition
www.lifepriority.com

mpr...@lifepriority.com

Sep 1, 2018, 3:49:32 PM9/1/18
Durk and Sandy are still working and offering products at www.lifepriority.com

Life Priority Inc. was formed in 1994 as a customer oriented company with Durk Pearson and Sandy Shaws approval.
https://www.lifepriority.com/articles.asp?ID=133

800-787-5438

yenw...@gmail.com

Sep 3, 2018, 8:45:08 PM9/3/18
Thanks for your information. But unfortunately my country, Taiwan, is not on your list of available countries.

Anyway, at least it's good to know Life Priority still carries their formulations.

ywliu

Madman2001

Sep 29, 2018, 11:29:46 AM9/29/18
I recently ordered from Life Enhancement and noticed that they changed their packaging. For example, the label for Lithium Plus formerly listed Durk & Sandy's name above the product name, and the label was in color. Now, Durk & Sandy are missing and the label is simply in blue and black.

I don't like it.

car...@aol.com

Dec 13, 2018, 11:00:15 PM12/13/18
I’m looking to find anyone that sells a replacement for their two skin care products that have been epic for my skin and have not been available for about 4 years. Specifically New Skin and Forever Young I believe we’re the names. One was a red liquid that actually came off on the collars of my shirts but I still over the results with my skin!

bgrace...@gmail.com

Sep 2, 2019, 3:33:27 PM9/2/19
I first saw Durk and Sandy on Merv Griffin show, way back in the 70s maybe? I appreciated their cutting edge approach and research. I've been very curious to follow up with them and see if they exemplify what they advise. I do believe there is a correlation between appearance and health. We do know more now that in the 80s though that there is NO one size fits all on nutrition due to genetic variations.

ladyofw...@gmail.com

Apr 16, 2020, 4:01:59 PM4/16/20
He was born in 1943

Doug Selsam

Sep 21, 2020, 6:41:01 PM9/21/20
I guess the internet (increasingly) has its limitations. Can't find any recent info on D.P. and S.S. Nothing... Crickets...
I think it's time to replace google. Almost any search ends up at one of about 5 websites these days.

Howie Levit

Oct 24, 2020, 7:21:02 PM10/24/20
On Monday, September 21, 2020 at 6:41:01 PM UTC-4, Doug Selsam wrote:
> I guess the internet (increasingly) has its limitations. Can't find any recent info on D.P. and S.S. Nothing... Crickets...
> I think it's time to replace google. Almost any search ends up at one of about 5 websites these days.

So where are they now and can either one be " followed " on FB or twitter,, etc....
Thanks

tribulu

Jan 31, 2021, 8:47:48 PM1/31/21
I miss Durk and Sandy big time. I have followed them since 1983. Have not read anything new from them in a couple years. I would love to hear what they think of covid

Kim Hasse

May 12, 2021, 8:38:53 PM5/12/21

Thanks Again

Aug 22, 2021, 12:44:26 PM8/22/21
On Tuesday, October 28, 2003 at 5:24:39 PM UTC-5, Gene Haywood wrote:
> "Russell.Beale" <Russ...@nonespam.com> wrote in message news:<3xmnb.2603$sP5....@newsfep4-glfd.server.ntli.net>...
> > "Gene Haywood" <geh...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > Saw a photo of Durk in a newspaper a few months back. These flashbulb
> > > photos are never flattering but he looked like a 65 year old (probably
> > > 10 to 15 years older than his actual age) grossly obese man.
> >
> > I see: for reasons which we can only guess at, you want us to think that
> > Pearson is between 50 and 55. In which case you will kindly explain to us
> > how he came to graduate *38 years ago*:
> >
> > "Durk took a triple minor at MIT in physics, biology and psychology,
> > with a triple minor in electrical engineering, computer science, and
> > chemistry, graduating in 1965."
> > (http://www.nuvobody.com/pages/professionals/durk_sandy.aspx)
> >
> > Was he really *12 years old* when this happened? Or maybe he'd reached
> > *17*?? Or is the truth simply that you are just another Usenet asshole
> > shooting your mouth off?
> >
> > Russ.
> Sorry about the inaccurate guess as to his actual age, but no reason
> for you to become another vicious flaming Usenet asshole yourself.
> Point was, that for an anti-aging guru he should look in better shape
> than that.

He's not the "Usenet asshole" here, brah--- -- you're dates are so off, it should bring SHAME to a sane person.