immortalisation of human genome

Ayaz Siddiqi

Jun 16, 2020, 1:57:49 PM6/16/20
is it possible to immortalise human genome through cell cycle engineering of circularised dna?

Edward Montague

Jun 17, 2020, 7:40:24 AM6/17/20
On Wednesday, June 17, 2020 at 5:57:49 AM UTC+12, Ayaz Siddiqi wrote:
> is it possible to immortalise human genome through cell cycle engineering of circularised dna?

Good question.
For awhile Geron Corporation were promoting Telomerase.

Circular human dna seems like a great unknown.

There are immortal species in the wild, like the Jellyfish and certain flatworms. Somehow they preserve
the integrity of their dna.

We humans, and many other species, have to contend
with the mis regulation of cells that leads to a
type of immortality that we want to avoid, or more
importantly regulate through medication or possibly
gene editing. We call these wayward cells, cancerous.
Whether this will forever be an impediment to a
healthy, immortal, human is a great unknown.

An extreme piece of conjecture on my part; perhaps
evolution is moving towards immortalizing higher
organisms. I don't know of any evidence to support this notion.

Ayaz Siddiqi

Jul 24, 2020, 11:56:50 AM7/24/20
G thanks