OED CD Question

Steve Jones

Feb 11, 2023, 7:18:15 AM2/11/23
Greetings,

I was just wondering if anyone here has been running the OED (2nd edition ver 3.1 CD) on a 64 bit version of windows. I'm asking because I managed to run it for years on a 32 bit version of Windows 7 by making it compatible with Windows Vista.

However, I just installed a 64 bit version of Windows 7 on a different pc, and the OED crashes regardless of which compatibility mode I try, and whether I install the data on my pc or run it off the data disk.

I'd therefore appreciate it if anyone could tell me whether they knew how to solve this problem.

Thanks very much.

Steve