GT says: Il ne faut pas me tutoyer = You don't have to talk to me

Hen Hanna

May 24, 2022, 3:28:00 PM5/24/22
(GT= Google.Translate)

According to M. le Google:

Il ne faut pas me tutoyer = You don't have to talk to me

>>> That last statement was so unbelievable that I had to go and check it
for myself. You're right, and Google Translate is wrong. It doesn't mean
that at all, and I can't guess how GT picked up the false meaning. <<<

i wouldn't call it [wrong] or [false] --- it's just that tutoyer is difficult to translate into English.

Helmut Richter

May 24, 2022, 4:40:47 PM5/24/22
On Tue, 24 May 2022, Hen Hanna wrote:

> Subject: GT says: Il ne faut pas me tutoyer = You don't have to talk to me
Do not thee and thou me.

--
Helmut Richter

Hen Hanna

May 24, 2022, 4:46:10 PM5/24/22
and i think GT is getting this wrong... Correctly, [ You musn't ... ]

is this recent ? https://i.imgur.com/vwSPGQ3.mp4 (Pres. Joe Biden ?)