Merry christmas all over the world!

Sven Sommerfeld

Dec 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/19/96

Hi all!

Just wonder how many "merry christmas"es we are able to collect before
Christmas Eve!

Please write down state, language and the term for "merry christmas"!

Please don't use extended ASCII. Mark an acute by adding "/", grave by
"\", umlaut ":", circumflex "~" "^"

Now here it goes...

Finland Finnish "hyva:a: joulua"
Finland Swedish "god jul"
Germany German "fro:liche Weihnachten"
Greece Greek "kala/ christou/genna"
Wales Welsh "nadolig llawen"

Sven Sommerfeld
University of Du:sseldorf

"Jeder Mensch hat ein Recht auf schlechte Laune. Man sollte das in der
Verfassung aufnehmen." -Georges Simenon

Louis Remillard

Dec 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/19/96

Sven Sommerfeld wrote:
> =

> Hi all!
> =

> Just wonder how many "merry christmas"es we are able to collect before
> Christmas Eve!

> =

> Finland Finnish "hyva:a: joulua"
> Finland Swedish "god jul"
> Germany German "fro:liche Weihnachten"
> Greece Greek "kala/ christou/genna"
> Wales Welsh "nadolig llawen"

> =

> =

> =

> "
-- French: Joyeux Noel!
Louis R=E9millard
remillard@sympatico

Gali Nachman

Dec 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/20/96

On Thu, 19 Dec 1996, Louis Remillard wrote:

> Sven Sommerfeld wrote:
> >
> > Hi all!

> > Just wonder how many "merry christmas"es we are able to collect before
> > Christmas Eve!
> >

> > Finland Finnish "hyva:a: joulua"
> > Finland Swedish "god jul"
> > Germany German "fro:liche Weihnachten"
> > Greece Greek "kala/ christou/genna"
> > Wales Welsh "nadolig llawen"

> > Israel Hebrew "chag saMEach"
> > (actually means "happy holiday",
as we do not celebrate christmas,
and therefore don't have a word
for it).

Gali,
Israel

Marek Konski

Dec 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/20/96

,
> as we do not celebrate christm=
as,
> and therefore don't have a wor=
> for it).
> =

Polish Weso=B3ych =A6wi=B1t (Wesol/ych S'wia,t)

Marek

Claire Delavallée

Dec 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/20/96

In article <32B9BD...@sympatico.ca>,

Louis Remillard <remi...@sympatico.ca> wrote:
>> Finland Finnish "hyva:a: joulua"
>> Finland Swedish "god jul"
>> Germany German "fro:liche Weihnachten"
>> Greece Greek "kala/ christou/genna"
>> Wales Welsh "nadolig llawen"
>> "
>-- French: Joyeux Noel!

I'd rather say Joyeux Noe:l, with an umlaut on the e.

Chris Sundita

Dec 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/20/96

Tagalog (Pilipino): Maligayang Pasko

--Chris

Ufficio Sviluppo

Dec 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/20/96

Louis Remillard <remi...@sympatico.ca> scritto nell'articolo
<32B9BD...@sympatico.ca>...

Sven Sommerfeld wrote:

> Hi all!
>

> Just wonder how many "merry christmas"es we are able to collect before
> Christmas Eve!

> Finland Finnish "hyva:a: joulua"
> Finland Swedish "god jul"
> Germany German "fro:liche Weihnachten"
> Greece Greek "kala/ christou/genna"
> Wales Welsh "nadolig llawen"

Italy Italiano "Buon Natale"

Marco

dall...@ats.it

David T. Wolff

Dec 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/20/96

From an old list...

MERRY X'MAS (or equivalent) AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR - in many languages !
From Dick & Jill Miller (dmi...@im.lcs.mit.edu) w/thanks to J.P.Rigaut Dec.199
1

Arabic-classic I'd Miilad said oua Sana saida
Armenian Shenoraavor Nor Dari yev Pari Gaghand
Azeri Tezze Iliniz Yahsi Olsun
Basque Zorionstsu Eguberri. Zoriontsu Urte Berri On
Breton Nedeleg laouen na bloavezh mat
Bulgarian Tchestito Rojdestvo Hristovo. Tchestita Nova Godina
Chinese
- Cantonese Gun Tso Sun Tan'Gung Haw Sun
- Mandarin Kong He Xin Xi
- " Hong Kong Kung Ho Hsin Hsi. Ching Chi Shen Tan
Cornish Nadelik looan na looan blethen noweth
Czech Prejeme Vam Vesele Vanoce a stastny Novy Rok
Danish Hermed v]re beste dnsker om en Gledelig Jul og et Godt Nytt]r
Dutch Zalig Kerstfeest en een gelukkig Nieuwjaar
Prettige Kerstdagen en een Voorspoedig Nieuwjaar
English Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
Season's Greetings
Esperanto Feli o(c,v)an Kristnaskon kaj Bonan Novjaron
Feli o(c,v)an Kristnaskon kaj Prosperan Novjaron
Estonian Roomsaid Joulu Phui ja Uut Aastat
Finnish Hyv?? Joulua ja Onnellista Uutta Vuotta
Toivotamme Hyv?? Joulua ja Onnellista Uutta Vuotta
French Joyeux Noel et Bonne Annee
German Frohliche Weihnachten und ein Glpckliches Neues Jahr
Greek Kala Khristougena kai Eftikhes to Neon Etos
Hawaiian Mele Kalikimake me ka Hauoli Makahiki ho
Hebrew Mo'adim Lesimkha. Chena tova
Hindi Shub Naya Baras
Hungarian Boldog Karacsonyl es Ujevl Unnepeket
Icelandic Gledlig jol og Nyar
Gledileg jol og farsolt komandi or
Indonesian Selamah Tahun Baru
Irish Nollaig shona dhuit agus athbhliain faoi mhaise
Italian Buone Natalie e felice Capo d'Anno
Buon Natale e Felice Anno Nuovo
Japanese Shinnen omedeto. Kurisumasu Omedeto
Korean Sung Tan Chuk Ha
Latvian Priecigus Ziemas Svetkus un Laimigu Jauno Gadu
Lithuanian Linksmu sventu Kaledu ir Laimingu Nauju Metu
Manx Nollick ghennal as blein vie noa
Marathi Shub Naya Varsh
Norwegian
- Ny Norsk Eg ynskjer hermed Dykk alle ein God Jul og eit Godt Nytt $r
- Riksm]l Gledlig jul og godt Nytt $r
Polish Wesolych Swiat Bozego Narodzenia i Szczesliwego Nowego Roku
Portuguese Feliz Natal e propero Ano Novo
Feliz Natal e Bom Ano Novo
Rapa-Nui Mata-Ki-Te-Rangi. Te-Pito-O-Te-Henua
Romanian Sarbatori Fericite. La Multi Ani
Russian Pozdrevlyayu s prazdnikom Rozhdestva is Novim Godom
Samoan La Maunia Le Kilisimasi Ma Le Tausaga Fou
Scottish Nollaig Chridheil agus Bliadhna Mhath Ur
Serb-Croatian Sretam Bozic. Vesela Nova Godina
Singhalese Subha nath thalak Vewa. Subha Aluth Awrudhak Vewa
Slovak Vesele Vianoce. A stastlivy Novy Rok
Slovene Vesele Bozicne. Screcno Novo Leto
Spanish Feliz Navidad y Prospero Ato Nuevo
Swedish Glad Jul och ett gott Nytt $r
Vi vill h?rmed ?nska en God Jul och ett Gott Nytt $r
Tagalog Maligayamg Pasko. Masaganang Bagong Taon
Tamil Nathar Puthu Varuda Valthukkal
Turkish Yeni Yilnizi Kutar, saadetler dilerim
Ukrainian Veselykh Svyat i scaslivoho Novoho Roku
Vietnamese Chuc mung nam moi
Welsh Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda
A. Richard & Jill A. Miller | Miller Microcomputer Services
InterNet: dmi...@im.lcs.mit.edu | 61 Lake Shore Road
508/653-6136 (9am-9pm, Eastern TZ) | Natick, MA 01760-2099, USA

David Wolff (dwo...@brooktrout.com)

Disclaimer: Reflecting Brooktrout policy is a non-goal of this document.
Yesclaimer: Esperanto: four times easier to learn. Call (800) ESPERANTO
or email el...@netcom.com for free info and free lesson.
Witclaimer: Clever but long saying reduced to a microdot -> "."

Rosa Grau

Dec 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/20/96

Catalan Countries Catalan Bon Nadal!

Louis Remillard <remi...@sympatico.ca> wrote in article

<32B9BD...@sympatico.ca>...
Sven Sommerfeld wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> Just wonder how many "merry christmas"es we are able to collect before
> Christmas Eve!
>
> Finland Finnish "hyva:a: joulua"
> Finland Swedish "god jul"
> Germany German "fro:liche Weihnachten"
> Greece Greek "kala/ christou/genna"
> Wales Welsh "nadolig llawen"
>

> "

-- French: Joyeux Noel!
Louis Rémillard
remillard@sympatico

----------

bing...@ctv.es

Dec 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/21/96

Spanish
Feliz Navidad
Galician
Bo Nadal

bing...@ctv.es

Merry Christmas to all

Wyan the Wonderful

Dec 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/21/96

# > Finland Finnish "hyva:a: joulua"
# > Finland Swedish "god jul"
# > Germany German "fro:liche Weihnachten"
# > Greece Greek "kala/ christou/genna"
# > Wales Welsh "nadolig llawen"
# -- French: Joyeux Noel!

Spanish: Feliz Navidad!
--
Wyan the Wonderful, wy...@cryogen.com
Leon, Spain

[Posted with Free Agent 1.0. For info, email agent...@forteinc.com.]

Jacques Petit

Dec 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/21/96

Dans son article <6NBFPwfm$$B...@p-mentat.gismo.gun.de>, men...@gismo.gun.de
a dit...

>Hi all!
>
>Just wonder how many "merry christmas"es we are able to collect before
>Christmas Eve!
>
>Please write down state, language and the term for "merry christmas"!

--
auf bretonisch heisst es:

Nedeleg laouen!

(Nedeleg = frz. Noe:l, dt. Weihnachten / laouen = frz. joyeux, dt. fröhlich,
froh)

also: NEDELEG LAOUEN HA BLOAVEZ MAD D'OC'H!

Jakez * KEMPER / QUIMPER
:-) PEN-AR-BED/FINISTERE * BREIZ / BRETAGNE (-:

bkarpel

Dec 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/22/96

In Spanish:

Feliz Navidad

Gerlinde Krug

Dec 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/22/96

Scottish Gaelic: Nollaig Chridheil agus Bliadhna Mhath Ur

In article <59eoad$7...@salvelinus.brooktrout.com>, "David T. Wolff"
<d...@Brooktrout.COM> writes

--
Gerlinde KRUG
WORDCRAFT, 6 Earlish, Portree, Isle of Skye IV51 9XL, Scotland

Juliano Paiva Junho

Dec 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/22/96

Hello!

Portuguese: Feliz Natal e um Pro'spero Ano Novo

Feliz Natal!
--
- Juliano Paiva Junho - jpa...@hotmail.com -
--> http://www.geocities.com/Athens/5702 <--

Jacques Petit

Dec 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/22/96

Dans son article <59eoad$7...@salvelinus.brooktrout.com>, d...@Brooktrout.COM
dit...

>From an old list...
>

>Breton Nedeleg laouen na bloavezh mat

correction : Nedeleg laouen HA (= et/und/and) bloavez(h) mad (ou/pe/or/oder:
mat)

>German Frohliche Weihnachten und ein Glpckliches Neues Jahr

correction: Froehliche Weihnachten und ein glueckliches Neues Jahr

Kenavo, ha bloavez mad!

Jakez * KEMPER / QUIMPER
:-) PEN-AR-BED/FINISTERE * BREIZ / BRETAGNE (-: |

fred hamori

Dec 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/23/96

wy...@cryogen.com (Wyan the Wonderful) writes: > # > Finland Finnish "hyva:a: joulua"

> # > Finland Swedish "god jul"
> # > Germany German "fro:liche Weihnachten"
> # > Greece Greek "kala/ christou/genna"
> # > Wales Welsh "nadolig llawen"
> # -- French "Joyeux Noel!"
# > Hungary Hungarian "Boldog Karácsonyi Ünnepeket"
> # > Spain/ Spanish: "Feliz Navidad!"

Ivan Coelho

Dec 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/23/96

In article <32BA2A...@pop.erols.com>, Marek Konski <na...@pop.erols.com> writes:
|> Gali Nachman wrote:
|> > =
|>
|> > On Thu, 19 Dec 1996, Louis Remillard wrote:
|> > =

|> ore

|> ,
|> > as we do not celebrate christm=
|> as,
|> > and therefore don't have a wor=
|> > for it).
|> > =
|>

|> Polish Weso=B3ych =A6wi=B1t (Wesol/ych S'wia,t)
|>
|> Marek

Portugal, Brazil, etc. Portuguese "Feliz Natal"
Spain, etc. Spanish "Feliz Navidad"
France, etc. French "Joyeux Noel"

--
DSC Communications Corporation Internet: <userid>@spd.dsccc.com
1000 Coit Road Plano, Texas 75075

TC

Dec 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/23/96

Gerlinde Krug wrote:

> >Hungarian Boldog Karacsonyl es Ujevl Unnepeket

Should be:

Boldog Karacsonyi unnepeket es uj evet kivanok

> >Russian Pozdrevlyayu s prazdnikom Rozhdestva is Novim Godom

^ ^^
| |
a just "i"

Ryan P. Sullivan

Dec 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/24/96

In article <32BF1D...@ih.hawaii.us> TC <tca...@ih.hawaii.us> writes:

>Gerlinde Krug wrote:

>Should be:

Actually, it should be "Pozdravljaju s prazdnikom Rozhdestva i s Novym Godom."
Don't mean to be anal-retentive, but if you want the absolute correct phrase...

Have a good holiday, everyone!
Ryan

STAN MULAIK

Dec 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/25/96

In interlingua on dice
Felice Natal! Bon Anno Nove!

--
Stanley A. Mulaik
School of Psychology, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 30332

Karsten Nielsen

Dec 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/28/96

Mary christmas to all on the net.
from Denmark.

John Wall

Dec 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/28/96

As I recall hearing -- Korean, Kureesumahs chook a hamnida
Hawaiians said, mele kalikimaka. DOn't know how authentic these are.

Ryan P. Sullivan

Dec 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/29/96

In article <walls-28129...@d11-ts03.amug.org> wa...@amug.org (John Wall) writes:

>As I recall hearing -- Korean, Kureesumahs chook a hamnida
>Hawaiians said, mele kalikimaka. DOn't know how authentic these are.

YES! Just watch "Christmas Vacation" and they sing: "Mele Kalikimaka is a
thing to say, on a bright, Hawaiian Christmas Day."

That's the island greeting that I bring to you in the land where palm trees
sway,
Ryan